BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is not going to be a AWB.   Obama had 8 years and was not able to pass one after Sandy Hook. It failed in the Senate 40-60.  Since then there are prob 10-20 million guys with back rifles that did not have them pre-Sandy Hook.    Biden wants to get his agenda passed for the next 4 years.
Going after guns in the next two years and risk flipping the house and senate? no going to happen.  We just have to hope we get at least the Senate back in two years.

8nBAIT
View Quote
There will be a ban in the first 100 days via Congress or EO. Count on it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Curious on how they would legislate away parts? Right now the lower is the Firearm and the rest is just steel. Even if they banned "kits" it would be hard to ban replacement parts?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well for starters it there was an AWB they wouldnt be able to sell anything.

Bc they arent going to let you have anything this time.

Curious on how they would legislate away parts? Right now the lower is the Firearm and the rest is just steel. Even if they banned "kits" it would be hard to ban replacement parts?

Make the sales go through an FFL in the buyers home state. Use the full power and might of the DOJ to go after any online vendor who ships direct. Kinda like how California sues out of state magazine vendors
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Parts sales would continue unless banned too.

Our only hope it to tie them up in litigation and flip the house and senate in 2 years. With the NRA still stepping on its dick it is going to be harder.
View Quote

Are you retarded?  They just openly stole a presidential election.  You honestly think we can win an election ever again?!?  They are going to do the same exact thing in every election now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Remember PSA bought the H&R name and has hinted at making M1s. No AWB is going to touch that, and thet could make a smaller 5.56 version too.

There's always a loophole, since straight up banning all semi-auto rifles, including fixed mag ones isn't politically doable with the razor thin margins the democrats have.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
out for the change
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Best thing for them to do would be not comply.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
PSA better get these JAKLs out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is not going to be a AWB.   Obama had 8 years and was not able to pass one after Sandy Hook. It failed in the Senate 40-60.  Since then there are prob 10-20 million guys with back rifles that did not have them pre-Sandy Hook.    Biden wants to get his agenda passed for the next 4 years.
Going after guns in the next two years and risk flipping the house and senate? no going to happen.  We just have to hope we get at least the Senate back in two years.

8nBAIT

Yup
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No. They will enforce them.
View Quote

Most probably will.

Some might not.

Texas Firearms Protection Act

This needs to pass, and more states need to follow suit. This is the way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

8nBAIT

Yup

Wont be an EO otherwise Obama would have done it. Bring it on with congress. They're hopefully going to blow all their political capital on healthcare and covid/stimulus shit. They wont have the capital needed to get an AWB past Manchin.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They will make you register your "assault weapons" for free in the best case scenario and then pull a Canada/New Zealand in a couple years when some looney shit slurper inevitably goes on a rampage with one.
View Quote

They will try and ban ammo and/or severely restrict it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wont be an EO otherwise Obama would have done it. Bring it on with congress. They're hopefully going to blow all their political capital on healthcare and covid/stimulus shit. They wont have the capital needed to get an AWB past Manchin.
View Quote

I heard Manchin say on TV a week or two ago "oh, some weapons should not be the hands of ordinary people".
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
An EO to ban the importation of all firarms and ammo would do it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Exactly. Only a few states could withstand the loss of funding and im sure public outcry would be crazy if they did.
View Quote

The public will have enough on their plate with soaring gas prices and punitive taxation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#16]
States will balk. It is hard to say right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The whole it's up to us I will not comply it's not their choice crowd are absolutely delusional. We have always been at the mercy of the government. Very few honest working men with a family are willing to become felons over night.

Any thoughts of the Supreme Court coming to our defense are absurd. They are complicit in the fall of our country and I look at them no different than a politician.

The left most definitely learned from the past. No loophole no work around any decent semi auto rifle capable of defense will soon be outlawed. So if you can't legally own the rifle then part aren't legal either.

The things that happened on the 6th convinced me our country doesn't have the willingness to completely rid our country of vermin.
View Quote

Our country is at that awkward stage.  It's too late to change things within the system and too early to shoot the dopey bastards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Exactly. Only a few states could withstand the loss of funding and im sure public outcry would be crazy if they did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Few men have virtue to withstand the threat of loss of highway funding

South Carolina's highways are already shit despite record revenue from our hiked state gas tax, etc. that they haven't even spent.  We'd be better off without the federal funding.  Of course our RINO politicians would be screaming about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The industry needs to get it's head out of it's ass and stop selling to people (.gov) that are actively trying to put them out of business. These agencies and PDs aren't building/manufacturing their own guns, ammo and gear.
View Quote

I agree. Market has flipped but they see Officers carrying their brand as free advertising. Look what LAPD did for 92FS sales, probably more than Die Hard and Lethal Weapon combined.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I really think the initial ban will include a grandfather clause. WAY less of us will fight it if they tell us we can keep what we have and unfortunately that's the truth.

Then either confiscation will be worked in somehow in the future if the opportunity arises or if not we'll lose our 2A rights by attrition anyway as things wear out, ammo becomes less available, and younger generations just don't get involved in firearms.

These commies have been playing the long game, no reason to think they won't continue doing that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Why?

Just pass the bill, ban XYZ. Done.

Commerce Clause like a MoFo.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The industry needs to get it's head out of it's ass and stop selling to people (.gov) that are actively trying to put them out of business. These agencies and PDs aren't building/manufacturing their own guns, ammo and gear.
View Quote

This is key. If all the manufacturers got together and actually did this it just might have an impact.

However, while we think of these gun manufacturers as these super pro-2A companies, the truth is they are run by businessmen that are focused on profit and success for their business (rightfully so). They'll do what they need to do to continue being profitable, which doesn't include a strong political stance to protect the rights of the few US citizens exercising it.

Gun manufacturers (unfortunately) will not come to our rescue.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They stole an election and apparently we all knew and just let it happen.

Not sure "us" has much power anymore.
View Quote

this!!!! people over look shit as long as they have their creature comforts
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
  Yep, they learned from 94.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, they learned from 94.

/thread
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

No internet sales of guns, ammo or parts. It is on Bidens website.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is key. If all the manufacturers got together and actually did this it just might have an impact.

However, while we think of these gun manufacturers as these super pro-2A companies, the truth is they are run by businessmen that are focused on profit and success for their business (rightfully so). They'll do what they need to do to continue being profitable, which doesn't include a strong political stance to protect the rights of the few US citizens exercising it.

Gun manufacturers (unfortunately) will not come to our rescue.

View Quote
That's exactly my point. It's bad for business if bans are implemented. The overwhelming majority of the firearms industry makes their money off of civilian sales. By continuing with their pro .gov pro LE business model, they are literally helping put themselves in the poor house.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They simply make it illegal to sell parts that could be used in the assembly of a semiautomatic rifle. It's already in the drafts they've written. You assume Leftists will simply decide to limit themselves.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's exactly my point. It's bad for business if bans are implemented. The overwhelming majority of the firearms industry makes their money off of civilian sales. By continuing with their pro .gov pro LE business model, they are literally helping put themselves in the poor house.
View Quote

I have no source for that statement either way, but I would venture a guess that isn't true for major manufacturers.

Some company like Q? Sure. Sig, DD, Colt...big manufacturers? Not sure it's true. They'd probably prefer worldwide gov contracts to the US citizen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Remember PSA bought the H&R name and has hinted at making M1s. No AWB is going to touch that, and thet could make a smaller 5.56 version too.

There's always a loophole, since straight up banning all semi-auto rifles, including fixed mag ones isn't politically doable with the razor thin margins the democrats have.
View Quote

That’s wishful thinking. You think they are ok with 10rd limits? NY safe act is 7rd. That makes the M1 illegal.

Sorry Fudds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am confident that PSA could adapt. They cornered the market on cheap AR15s and even decent American made AKs along with some innovative new products (9mm AKs) that weren't just cheap copies of existing items. I am sure they would come up with something to sell.
View Quote

They can't even make their DAGR work
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do you think it would be “hard”?

It is pointless to speculate until we see actual drafted legislation.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
trying to stay optimistic. remember that the ruling class don't really want to permanently solve a problem.
I believe, I want to believe, that we will see gun show private transfers banned, over reaching background checks, and limits on amounts of guns and ammo that can be purchased.  I think the outright ban will come when they are bold enough to confiscate EVERYTHING
View Quote

No, they're going for the scary  "movie stuff" first, as they believe they have the political capital for that right now. They also want that done just in case they actually lose the House in two years after they inflict a LOT of pain on everyone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Explain to me how it is more dire now than in 2009 or 2013.  The democrats don't have the political capital to do an all inclusive massive ban and do anything else.  They simply don't have the votes.

View Quote

Rules no longer apply equally to both sides.  I've never seen anything like this in my 60+ years on this planet.  Now that the Democrats control both the Executive and Legislative branches (and, possibly, the Judicial branch if they follow through with their threat to pack the court), they don't need political capital.  They've got the pedal to the metal on their power agenda.  Call it conspiracy theory or not, they are aggressively consolidating power with the assistance of their media (including social media) proxies and establishment Republicans.  I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to shut down remaining communication channels for conservatives and make you a felon for owning or possessing a gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
trying to stay optimistic. remember that the ruling class don't really want to permanently solve a problem.
I believe, I want to believe, that we will see gun show private transfers banned, over reaching background checks, and limits on amounts of guns and ammo that can be purchased.  I think the outright ban will come when they are bold enough to confiscate EVERYTHING
View Quote

Really hope your right
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I am all for voter ID, I can not see a Single legit reason not to require voter ID.  

View Quote

@smullen

I do. Native Americans who don't have a state address use p o. Boxes. You can't register to vote with a p.o. box address.  I'm for it, next time in this state we're required to have I.D. but that means people on the reservations can't vote in their own country.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

8nBAIT
View Quote

I dont they they are worrying about votes with those dominion voting machines.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm really sick of this bullshit. They can't do a fucking thing if we don't let them. It's up to us - not them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really sick of this bullshit. They can't do a fucking thing if we don't let them. It's up to us - not them.

Loss of this last election kinda makes it the last election. Expect federal election laws along the lines of PA and NC, taking control of elections out of the hands of the states. Votes won't matter any more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was thinking about this last night regarding a future AWB. Assuming one is passed how would that impact high volume / lower margin suppliers like PSA? Especially if they limit online sales like they want. Would people still want to buy neutered AR15 kits in the same volume? I don't see how they could survive long term. Hopefully they have plans in place to adapt and survive.

Thoughts?
View Quote

the proposed feinstein ban bans all parts for banned weapons, guns, and 10+ mags..  so, unless psa starts selling lever and bolt action rifles and revolvers, they wont have anything to sell. not to mention  they are also wanting to ban mail order ammo, reloading supplies and gun parts as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will ban retain sales of banned weapon parts. you can still have what you own, but you wont be buying more anywhere else, except face to face sales. you might not even be able to have a rifle repaired at the manufacturer, if you dont have the parts to fix it yourself, its deadlined permanently.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Normally I would put my faith that lawsuits would end up in the conservative supreme court...but not so sure on that outcome anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You cant sell that anymore of you will go to jail."

Normally I would put my faith that lawsuits would end up in the conservative supreme court...but not so sure on that outcome anymore.

they will probably add a few more liberal justices to scotus soon.. no way will they risk scotus over ruling their agenda they are putting into law in the next few months.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Are you retarded?  They just openly stole a presidential election.  You honestly think we can win an election ever again?!?  They are going to do the same exact thing in every election now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parts sales would continue unless banned too.

Our only hope it to tie them up in litigation and flip the house and senate in 2 years. With the NRA still stepping on its dick it is going to be harder.

No, I am not retarded, are you?

Conservative legislators at the state level need to push voter reform and the GOP needs to get off it’s ass and use the same tactics of assisting voters that the Dems use.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Im somewhat optimistic a full ban is not feasible given previous SC rulings and current make up of SC. That COULD change at any moment but for now I think we will end up with a "grandfather" clause. They will pitch it as a concession but after you die they must be turned in, no passing down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After the gun is banned and illegal to even own, there will be no reason to sell parts for it.  The guys who bought 100 stripped lowers are fucked.

Im somewhat optimistic a full ban is not feasible given previous SC rulings and current make up of SC. That COULD change at any moment but for now I think we will end up with a "grandfather" clause. They will pitch it as a concession but after you die they must be turned in, no passing down.

the ban is right here, updated and ready to roll, its no mystery.  it grandfathers guns and mags. guns can be resold, background checks mandatory... sales of spare parts banned, stripped lowers banned, 50 bmg banned, 10+ mags banned, and cant be resold.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/66

grandfathers. guns and mags... guns can be resold with background check, mags cannot be resolt.

The bill permits continued possession, sale, or transfer of a grandfathered SAW, ( semi auto rifle ) which must be securely stored. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW between private parties.

The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD.( large capacity ammo feeding device )

bans spare parts.

“(L) Any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraphs (A) through (K) can be assembled.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Explain to me how it is more dire now than in 2009 or 2013.  The democrats don't have the political capital to do an all inclusive massive ban and do anything else.  They simply don't have the votes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're trusting them?

yeah.... ok.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will make you register your "assault weapons" for free in the best case scenario and then pull a Canada/New Zealand in a couple years when some looney shit slurper inevitably goes on a rampage with one.

they are talking banning mail order ammo and reloading supplies, limiting how much you can buy a month,  and ammo back ground checks to buy ammo as well. all of that makes it harder to get and more expensive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its easy.
They'll prohibit you from doing any home gunsmithing, the way NYS is trying to do.
They'll ban stripped receivers, and require that multiple parts of the end product be serialized. This has been discussed at length.
They'll require that repair parts only be sold to licensed gunsmiths.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#46]
dont forget they also want to remove gun manufacturers immunity from being sued.... just revoking that would bankrupt all of them .
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

They would simple ban parts from being purchased online.

See:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Isn't there a "common use" law where if one million people commonly use something it can't be out right banned?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had time to think about this -- If he hasn't done major gun control moves via EO or regulatory changes by Close of Business Friday, it means the Xiden Administration is holding back gun control as a Trump Card (no pun intended).

Six months from now, when his administration is a flaming shitpile; and everyone is crying for his blood in prog-lib circles after he had BLM riots round II put down by the police; or after he put even more kids in cages at the border; they'll use the GUN CONTROL canard to attempt to reinvigorate liberals by going "but look, we banned those evil AK-15s!"
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top