BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Those wings look yummy af!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife bought a Ninja and it has been great. Dehydrated some venison jerky today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
We got an Instapot for Christmas that also air frys.  Wings are really good in it.  Agree, mix baking powder with your dry rub for extra crispy.

My only complaint is I can only cook about 12 at a time in mine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those wings look yummy af!
View Quote

Thanks.  They were indeed; yummy AF!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We got an Instapot for Christmas that also air frys.  Wings are really good in it.  Agree, mix baking powder with your dry rub for extra crispy.

My only complaint is I can only cook about 12 at a time in mine.
View Quote

Mine is a 7.5 qt.  I’ve found the limit is around 16-18 whole (32–36 sectioned).  

Fortunately, just wife and I.  Kids grown.  If entertaining, I smoke and finish on grill.

Not better, just handles more.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
An overrated appliance.

The convection oven suffices.
View Quote

It is a convection oven.  This is 100% marketing.

OP, glad you enjoy your baked chicken wings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the entire point is so you don't have to use that and heat that entire thing for a few chicken wings  

View Quote

I used my air fryer and convention oven both today. Main difference I've noticed if clean up. Air fryer clean up is a giant bitch compared to a traditional pan in the oven.

Everyone wants to fry bacon and never talk about their air fryer basket fucked with grease.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I used my air fryer and convention oven both today. Main difference I've noticed if clean up. Air fryer clean up is a giant bitch compared to a traditional pan in the oven.

Everyone wants to fry bacon and never talk about their air fryer basket  with grease.

View Quote

I did bacon once and it was good but never again.

I will do bacon wrapped items, not as bad and worth it...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Everyone wants to fry bacon and never talk about their air fryer basket fucked with grease.

View Quote

Just so I’m clear...

You shit on my air fryer thread because a convection oven does it just as good or better, with more volume capability.  Then you mock me when I give other examples of appliances that make life easier...

NOW you admit you own and used and air fryer today...

GD never disappoints.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is a convection oven.  This is 100% marketing.

OP, glad you enjoy your baked chicken wings.
View Quote

Got it.  

Only one way bake wings in your house.

Enjoy your “traditional” baked wings.  

I’ll enjoy my gimmick.  

We’re all happy.

Why do all GD threads become I don’t like what you like threads?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]
We bought one from Costco, tried a few things and took it back.

Too fucking small for an actual family. Pain to clean the basket/gadgets.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just throw my air fryer trays into the dishwasher.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#16]
10!

Looks great, I would eat a pile of those.

I've been using Kickin' Chicken for years on grilled chicken but never thought to try it on wings.  Might have to after seeing this.

I do like the Frank's premade Buffalo sauce in a bottle though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well...

No.  Those appliances are uniquely and distinctly effective.

The Air Fryer is a little convection oven.  I have one of those.
View Quote

The only thing that makes those “uniquely and distinctly effective” is a power cord and your acceptance.  

I remember when modern style coffee makers and microwaves were “gimicks” too.  

So now I guess I have 2 convection ovens.

One for little jobs and one for big jobs.

So, I guess, go be poor in another thread.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You create a thread to call put air fryer haters and then get upset when they arrive?
View Quote

I’m not upset...

I thought this is what GD and forums in general are for.  Take a position and defend it.  

I’ve taken mine.  

Air fryers are good and useful.  

My taste buds confirm my position.  

Enjoy your full size convection oven for all things “baked”.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got a toaster oven that will do baking, broiling, and air frying. I used it to cook a reverse-sear ribeye earlier (finished in a cast-iron skillet with bacon grease). I heated up a pastry this morning and it was nice and crispy (like it's supposed to be).

Can't wait to try it as an air fryer! I'll be looking around this week for some good chicken recipes and other air fryer recipes. Hopefully it works out well.

This one costs about $150.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I find it amusing that the only knock on air fryers is the size.

No one actually has a problem with convection.  Only with the size, placement, cost, how many you have, and which one you use.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I find it amusing that the only knock on air fryers is the size.

No one actually has a problem with convection.  Only with the size, placement, cost, how many you have, and which one you use.  

View Quote

I like the little size. From time to time I use my ENTIRE oven just to bake a potato when I could fit like 40 potatoes in there if not more. A little toaster oven will work great for that, also for reheating my own meals. I live alone and don't cook HUGE meals every time.  I may toss my toaster because I won't need it. At most I toast an English Muffin in the morning. I can also reheat a couple of slices of pizza and not have to fire up the whole oven.

I've seen (posted right here on ARFCOM) a microwave oven that does convection, broiling, and air frying all-in-one. Eventually, I'd like to get something like that to replace the microwave over my range. Or not, I may decide that having redundant devices isn't desirable, like the aforementioned toaster.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Love my big ass air fryer. You can put like 4 turkeys in it
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309434/20210117_195405_HDR_1__jpg-1784209.JPG
View Quote

That looks to be identical to my range, but for the fact that I have a slide-in type rather than free-standing. Convection function is killer good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I was pleasantly surprised that spam turned out quite well in my poor person countertop convention oven.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Your response is irrational.

A coffee maker is quite a specific and unique appliance.

As is a microwave.

As is a food processor.

Not an air fryer.  If d just a toaster-over version of a convection oven.
View Quote

Really?  I disagree.  They all make some  tasks easier.  Hardly unique.  

I can do everything a food processor can do with a knife and wisk.  Just not as quickly.  

All a microwave does is heat things quickly and in a lot of cases poorly.  Hardly unique.

Coffee maker unique?  I can make coffee at least 5+ ways without one.  Again hardly unique.  

Unique is not the standard.  

I never claimed air fryer is unique.  

It just does some things really well.  Even though each of those things can be done with other appliances and or methods.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Love my big ass air fryer. You can put like 4 turkeys in it
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309434/20210117_195405_HDR_1__jpg-1784209.JPG
View Quote

@DegralDan and @fatcat4620

You obviously don't cook or you wouldn't have a what, 32" Samsung range?

Get at least a 48" five-star/Wolf and we'll talk.

Your little samsung cutie has a circulation fan that simply circulates hot air to help eliminate hotspots. "convection"

An airfryer has a fan directly above a heating element, and that fan blows direct hot air on the "fryers" contents.

Big difference between the two- but I wouldn't expect someone with a home depot range to understand.

commercial airfyers have been around for at least 15 years- yet recently have finally been made into a residential appliance.

OP - wings look great. Find some Provel cheese and make a roux- pour over some baked/steamed brocolli. While its cooking- slice brocolli stems (normally trashed) thin and toss in garlic salt/pepper....AIRFRY until crispy

tastes like broccoli/garlic potato chips.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As is a microwave.

As is a food processor.
View Quote

You can make coffee without a coffee maker. Anything you cook in a microwave can be made in the oven or on the stove. Food processor? Learn to use a knife. All of these useful kitchen gadgets were all, at one time, in the same boat that air friers are in now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You can make coffee without a coffee maker. Anything you cook in a microwave can be made in the oven or on the stove. Food processor? Learn to use a knife. All of these useful kitchen gadgets were all, at one time, in the same boat that air friers are in now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As is a microwave.

As is a food processor.

I just snort instant crystals and drive around the block with the defrost set to max to cook on my dashboard. Why buy an oven when I have a car?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you, but an air fryer does not “fry.”  It bakes.

It’s a convection toaster-over, and nothing more.

Radiation, conduction, convection.

Those are your choices.
View Quote

Jesus christ dude.  You must be fun at parties.  

Just a thread about good wings in an “air fryer”.  That’s what they call it.  

I know it’s “baked” not “fried”.  

Is baked “Alaska” a dish or a state?   How about “Chateaubriand”, a castle or delicious beef?

Maybe you can clear that shit up for me too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I watched an infomercial earlier today about these with Emeril Legasse as the host.

Dude might have as well whipped it out and popped one off onto the chicken wings, he was so excited.

Been cooking professionally and socially for 30+ years, never used or needed one. An answer to a question nobody asked.

Enjoy the Chyna crap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#35]
lol... 32 mins for wings? I dont even fuck the old lady for 32 mins, no way Im waiting that long for finger food...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is baked “Alaska” a dish or a state?   How about “Chateaubriand”, a castle or delicious beef?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you, but an air fryer does not “fry.”  It bakes.

It’s a convection toaster-over, and nothing more.

Radiation, conduction, convection.

Those are your choices.

"Some men you just can't reach."
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hell yeah brother !

Had mine for a few weeks and the novelty is doing the opposite of wearing off.

View Quote

You  Fuckin transplant, you have no Fuckin idea of what Florida has to offer
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Nothing wrong with using an air fryer to cook food in.  It does the same thing as an oven, but in smaller quantities, and with faster cooking times.  I like to use mine for those little frozen appetizers you can get at the grocery store.  Taquitos, and chicken tenders, and such.  It cooks them through, gets them crispy, and they're ready much, much faster than if I tried to heat up the big oven.  I've done chicken (drumsticks and wings), if you bread some shrimp they come out really nice.

Having said all that, it IS just a mini little convection oven.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, you just made a solid argument for WHY inventions throughout history improved efficiency and effectiveness of mundane tasks, from the wheel to the coffee maker.

A food processor isn’t unique?  It’s just a fast, automated knife?  lol

A microwave heats things “poorly”?  Does that mean not hot, or too hot?

As I said, your posts are irrational.  Like a drunk who impulse bought an air fryer and is now trying to convince himself its a miracle device.

Speaking of miracles, I’m going to bed now.  In the morning, my miraculous coffee maker will have made a pot, hot and ready for me when I awake!

View Quote

You’re “special” aren’t you...

I think I’ll make coffee in my Cona Size D tomorrow morning and “air fry” my breakfast in your honor.  

It will be fondly referred to as the “Cincinnatus”!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Just wait until all these air fryer fanboys discover deep fryers.  You all think wings, eggrolls, fried cheese, fries, poppers bacon, etc. in the air fryer are good?  Get a REAL fryer.

Wing batches take about 12 minutes to cook after it comes up to temp... just long enough to be saucing your second batch of wings after the first is eaten.  In my experience, a single oil fryer can keep up with 2-3 guys hanging out drinking beers and leisurely eating wings until they're full.  People complain about the cost of oil but really the cost of hot/BBQ/garlic/teriyaki sauces dwarf the cost oil. I'm actually a fan of just dusting the wings with Old Bay.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Jesus Christ.  

Its a handy sized convection oven that some guy made wings with and thats now a purse-swinging event.  I love it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Convection oven = air fryer
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Creepy.

Again, I humbly apologize for insulting your beloved air-fryer and for recognizing it as nothing more than a convection toaster-over.

Enjoy your delicious “Cincinnatus.”
View Quote

You didn’t insult anything.  

Looking forward to your convection oven cooking thread to see your culinary masterpiece that can only be created in your unique and distinct cooking appliance.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ.  

Its a handy sized convection oven that some guy made wings with and thats now a purse-swinging event.  I love it.
View Quote

Wouldn’t be GD without it!

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just wait until all these air fryer fanboys discover deep fryers.  You all think wings, eggrolls, fried cheese, fries, poppers bacon, etc. in the air fryer are good?  Get a REAL fryer.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/3db94b8b-263a-4620-8e92-a0ab7ae9fc6f_1.f6be6d432600d4917a1935d22ceb827b.jpeg
View Quote

You’re not wrong.  Definitely better.  Just don’t want the mess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm going to be buying a stove with an air fryer option

From what I understand the air fryer option moves more air faster than the convection only option would.   I apologize as I don't have a precise convention/air fryer CFM cutoff to offer to solve this complex discussion.

Those wings look delicious though
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’ve posted quite a few.  Ten Crispy smoked game hens, finished in the convection oven.  Mesquite smoked, tomatillo/jalapeño stuffed, convection crisped.

Huge, skin on pork belly.

If only they fit in the toaster oven

Again, I am sorry for disagreeing with you about your convection toaster oven.
View Quote

Funny how you keep apologizing.  I’m not upset.  

Maybe I should apologize for offending you by not cooking...sorry “baking” my wings in my convection oven.  However, since it is a combination convection/microwave, it also may have fallen short of your full size  convection oven standards.  

I’ll definitely take this post to heart and try harder to be more sensitive and inclusive  to folks that use methods and appliances that are different than mine.  

Definitely a teachable moment.  

“Critical Convection Theory”.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wing batches take about 12 minutes to cook after it comes up to temp... just long enough to be saucing your second batch of wings after the first is eaten.  In my experience, a single oil fryer can keep up with 2-3 guys hanging out drinking beers and leisurely eating wings until they're full.  People complain about the cost of oil but really the cost of hot/BBQ/garlic/teriyaki sauces dwarf the cost oil. I'm actually a fan of just dusting the wings with Old Bay.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/3db94b8b-263a-4620-8e92-a0ab7ae9fc6f_1.f6be6d432600d4917a1935d22ceb827b.jpeg
View Quote

lol I have this exact fryer on my counter.... You air fryer soy boys have no idea the thrill you get when you dump a fresh batch of frozen wings in this cock sucker and the flames blacken your ceiling... Cant use your cell phone as a timer either because you've pre-dial 911 just incase... but god damn does she cook... And if the Flames dont scare ya, the boiling hot oil that boils over and de laminates your counter tops, and peels the stickie tiles off yer kitchen floor sure does impress the in laws on wing night, shit I gotta go, my trailer just rolled down a hill again, think we got a flat...  

ok, so I made up the trailer part, it seemed fitting, but the rest is 100% true, all have happened.. I do love that fryer, any time I think... "I should try meth" I just fry some wings.. same rush, same scars on my face, but no legal issues.. Still the same chance the fire department shows up though...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top