Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yet they were completely fine with antics and such running around being photographed openly using them in the CHAZ and during riots.  Maybe shit like that is pissing good people off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People are not allowed to use code. Huh all law enforcement agency's use codes or 10 codes to hide things from the public. Hell even the local jail does.

View Quote

Amateur radio and FRS types can’t use encryption.  Business and government licensees can use encryption on their frequencies.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Criminal are a very compliant bunch.  I'm sure they will abide by this reasonable request.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there a market for previously owned Baofeng's?  I have a whole setup with extras that I never figured out how to use.  I'd love to turn that into $$.  I checked Gunbroker and there's nothing for sale or sold.  Am I stuck with my paperweight?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"People are also not allowed to encode their messages to obscure their meaning from law enforcement."
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote
10-21 Red Leader
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So they lurk in GD and write articles about the conversations that go on here.... since we terrorist now!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
How long before Hams decide to forego using their call signs on the air?  I mean, you blurt it out there, and your name and address are a few clicks away for the world (and big brother) to see.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"unmoderated speech"

What an orwellian way of giving a negative spin to free speech.

View Quote

I thought they were going to abolish the 2nd amendment first, turns out they are going in numerical order
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know exactly who she is, but I’m having trouble understanding the wild theories behind her getting a tech license in 2016.

None of them make sense. Encryption on amateur radio is illegal, so she’d be broadcasting in the clear. If she was doing super high level shady shit, wouldn’t she use something more secure? And why would she bother getting licensed? Set up a shell company, get a Part 90 license, and use real encrypted radios, at a minimum.
View Quote

She knew her normal communications were monitored. Most likely it was simply to tell someone it was time to meet in person, not pass info directly over radio.
In spycraft, doing something like calling for a radio check at 7:30pm on a wednesday could be a signal to meet at a prearranged place. No one would be any wiser.

Basically using ham would let her circumvent surveillance. While the theories may be wild, she falls pretty far outside the norm as far as hams go.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
(CNN): Smoke signals and carrier pigeons are tools of domestic terrorists and must be regulated!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"people coordinating or conducting criminal activity over radio waves are breaking the law."

They hire the best and brightest.
View Quote

it is almost like coordinating and conducting criminal activity is against the law all by itself. weird.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I thought they were going to abolish the 2nd amendment first, turns out they are going in numerical order
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"unmoderated speech"

What an orwellian way of giving a negative spin to free speech.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just ordered an IC-705 to go with my 7300 earlier this afternoon.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, looks like I need to renew my Technician and then test for the General. Had my eye on a HF radio, might pull the trigger on it in the next day or two.

I just ordered an IC-705 to go with my 7300 earlier this afternoon.  

That is a smart idea. Operate at low power so they can't hear you.

I bet they ban QRP radios first just because of that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]

that place looks like a nigerian prince works there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She knew her normal communications were monitored. Most likely it was simply to tell someone it was time to meet in person, not pass info directly over radio.
In spycraft, doing something like calling for a radio check at 7:30pm on a wednesday could be a signal to meet at a prearranged place. No one would be any wiser.

Basically using ham would let her circumvent surveillance. While the theories may be wild, she falls pretty far outside the norm as far as hams go.
View Quote

If you have that sort of precoordination then posting a picture of your desert on Twitter could do the same thing.  Or parking your car nose out in the driveway.  

At best it appears to be a “she could have” rather than even a “we have any evidence to support” position.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wait til they realize Amazon was the supplier...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baofeng panic buying.

Wait til they realize Amazon was the supplier...

wait.. amazon is supplying equipment to the insurrectionists?  

Amazon needs to be shut down to save our democracy!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He has to work somewhere since nobody will send him money.

But Radioddity is a legitimate company.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If I'm reading the article correctly...licensees are the first ones they're coming after. Especially the way the FCC issued it's warning. At this point having the equipment and knowledge is great, but why put yourself on the government's radar if you don't have to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dammit. I just bought a $300 radio and signed up take the exam to get my technician license.

Monkey on my back.

If I'm reading the article correctly...licensees are the first ones they're coming after. Especially the way the FCC issued it's warning. At this point having the equipment and knowledge is great, but why put yourself on the government's radar if you don't have to?

I'm already on the list for NFA items. Suppressors and SBRs are way more scary than a little license that allows me to key a mic. So I might as well do it legit and get some experience before SHTF.

If shit get bad enough I won't be in my home anymore anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, Ham & cheese radio is now in since the interwebs cannot be trusted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Burn, Loot, Murder (BLM) coordinated criminal acts all throughout 2020 without any interference from FB.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never heard of them...based on recommendations here, they are definitely GTG?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So they lurk in GD and write articles about the conversations that go on here.... since we terrorist now!
View Quote

As ridiculous as it sounds it wouldn't surprise me at all, they often seem to go for low hanging fruit instead of doing hard or dangerous work.  Going after what is statistically the most law abiding segment of society doesn't involve much bodily risks.

As much as I hate the censorship and think the word needs to get out about it, I don't think advertising this site is going to help any of us other than Brownell's.  JMHO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I googled her name and VAGUELY remember her name now.

I'm at work (at home, but working under a deadline ATM). Refresh my memory as to exactly what she did and how and help me connect the dots on how it's relevant that she was at 1-6.
View Quote

She's a former spook, wife of Bruce Ohr who laundered the Steele Report for the FBI. She is widely seen as the actual author of the report that was used for Trump's impeachment. She's a true red commie with ties to Russia, a Hippy that went militant and then into government service.

She worked for the CIA in one of their "research" groups that was spun off for culpable deniability reasons. That spin-off was Fusion GPS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I have not personally ordered from them, but their branded DMR radios are one of the more common brands in use.  I wouldn't have an issue ordering from them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I will not be silenced. This is AMERICA. Go to hell communist bastards.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know exactly who she is, but I’m having trouble understanding the wild theories behind her getting a tech license in 2016.

None of them make sense. Encryption on amateur radio is illegal, so she’d be broadcasting in the clear. If she was doing super high level shady shit, wouldn’t she use something more secure? And why would she bother getting licensed? Set up a shell company, get a Part 90 license, and use real encrypted radios, at a minimum.
View Quote

My guess is that they knew they were being watched and something like a Baofeng could be had easily without raising too much suspicion. Getting her call in the FCC database without testing probably wasn't an issue in the Obama government. I do know that she was a customer at HRO as a friend called them posing like they were her and as soon as she read the call they hung up.

I can't imagine why she thought using amatuer frequencies would have been smart in the first place. First off, she's a woman and that alone will generate immediate interest from male hams listening who will find out who her call sign comes back to. Anything that didn't sound on the up-and-up in terms of her operating would have been immediately noticed-you have to remember who lives in the DC area in terms of retirees. Even then, that has to be the most monitored airspace in the world. What good could possibly have come from it?

My guess is that the license was for deniability if she were arrested or went thru a security screening with the radio.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe it's a better to question why a career female spook in her 60's would have taken up the ham radio with a $20 radio.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My guess is that they knew they were being watched and something like a Baofeng could be had easily without raising too much suspicion. Getting her call in the FCC database without testing probably wasn't an issue in the Obama government. I do know that she was a customer at HRO as a friend called them posing like they were her and as soon as she read the call they hung up.

I can't imagine why she thought using amatuer frequencies would have been smart in the first place. First off, she's a woman and that alone will generate immediate interest from male hams listening who will find out who her call sign comes back to. Anything that didn't sound on the up-and-up in terms of her operating would have been immediately noticed-you have to remember who lives in the DC area in terms of retirees. Even then, that has to be the most monitored airspace in the world. What good could possibly have come from it?

My guess is that the license was for deniability if she were arrested or went thru a security screening with the radio.
View Quote

Senior State Department officials used HAM radio to send encrypted messages to their Cuban handlers
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That is a smart idea. Operate at low power so they can't hear you.

I bet they ban QRP radios first just because of that.
View Quote

A KX3 has 15watts max output, so I'm ok, right?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I've had my technician license for a few decades now. Maybe it's time to upgrade to general. I'll have to look into the 'COVID' testing procedures.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

She's a former spook, wife of Bruce Ohr who laundered the Steele Report for the FBI. She is widely seen as the actual author of the report that was used for Trump's impeachment. She's a true red commie with ties to Russia, a Hippy that went militant and then into government service.

She worked for the CIA in one of their "research" groups that was spun off for culpable deniability reasons. That spin-off was Fusion GPS.
View Quote

Fascinating.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Subjects are not allowed to communicate anymore.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've had my technician license for a few decades now. Maybe it's time to upgrade to general. I'll have to look into the 'COVID' testing procedures.
View Quote

Testing is done by volunteers, so they can more or less set their own procedures.

The group that tested me yesterday wore masks and asked us to, but otherwise did things perfectly normally.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Isis and other rebel groups in Syria would agree.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#35]
"generally protected by the first amendment" ???

what the hell is that crap.

gov't licenses certain frequencies so they have the ability to restrict speech there? What type of roundabout logic is that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#36]
We are the Tea Party Terries.

We will not conform.

We will not comply.

You can't stop the signal.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

After I give up my guns, dibs on the hot IDF babes to be quartered in my house
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What? no radios?

Batman - Partyman (Museum Scene)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will be easier than you think. Study the test guides and look for an online test session once you can reliably get 70% on the practice tests. When I took mine in 2013, most of the test questions had to do with legal operating procedures as you are able to communicate with unfriendly countries with HF privileges so definitely concentrate on those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So,.... none of you guys know who Nellie Ohr is.....

Jesus fucking Christ. It's true that we get the Government we deserve in this country.
View Quote

Wife of Russia Collusion dickhead.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Side note: I've seen communist printed propaganda (anarcho-communist literature) where 'they' take credit for various assassinations throughout history.

If they helped pull off the 1-6 Capitol Tour/Coup (lol), they'll eventually brag about it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

She got the license in 2016. All the nutty theories about it have to do with the stuff going on then, with the dossier and Trump. Not 1/6/2021.

But you’re right, in the DC area, using amateur radio to avoid being detected just doesn’t make sense.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Conservatives are about 90 days from being mandated to sew their mouths shut.
View Quote

180 days from having independent thoughts require reeducation camp.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#44]
"Unmoderated free speech could lead to another violent attack"
Bold statement.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She got the license in 2016. All the nutty theories about it have to do with the stuff going on then, with the dossier and Trump. Not 1/6/2021.

But you’re right, in the DC area, using amateur radio to avoid being detected just doesn’t make sense.
View Quote

No, of course there is no direct tie in here with the capitol breech and subsequent leftist action. But if she couldn't get away with using a Boafeng at a time where LE agencies weren't expending hundreds of agent's time tracking down cell phone locations of the protesters if not for prosecution then to put them on the no-fly list, anyone using ham radios in DC would be a fool to use them especially since ANTIFA has already been seen using them.

I don't think they would be working anyway, I read in the last few days that amateur frequencies are jammed in the DC area already anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm not in favor of breaking the law.  Of course not, not ever.  However if there happened to be a rise in, an insurgence if you will, unlicensed HAM operators suddenly start using their bow fangs then maybe the crotchety old timers and their good ole boy network of fellow arthritis sufferers will be thrown onto histories trash heap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sad thing is that the HAM community will narc the fuck out of everyone they find, licensed or not, in exchange for their Junior G-Man Badge. They will direction find you, make the call, and sleep like a baby while you get vanned in the middle of the night.

Because they're Doing The Right Thing.

I'm not in favor of breaking the law.  Of course not, not ever.  However if there happened to be a rise in, an insurgence if you will, unlicensed HAM operators suddenly start using their bow fangs then maybe the crotchety old timers and their good ole boy network of fellow arthritis sufferers will be thrown onto histories trash heap.

The Baofengs in the hands of a novices are about as effective as Walmart blister pack FRS radios hunters like to use.   They work for a couple of miles on the ground on a simplex frequency.

As for enforcement, listen to the CB frequencies in cities that are hubs for trucking.  You will hear illegal modifications to the radios being advertised over the radios.  You will hear solicitation for prostitution.  You will hear all sorts of crime and organization of crime.  In fact, there is so much of it the FCC has essentially abandoned enforcement on the CB band.

A couple of times a year there is a high profile prosecution of someone using the amateur bands, but not often.

And, people have been discussing politics and conspiracy theories on amateurs bands forever.  Now if the FCC suddenly decides that discussing politics and conspiracies is the same as organizing criminal activities, then I don't know.   The left fears the idea of radio communication because they can't flip a switch 1000 miles away and stop you from learning the truth like they can with the internet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

the veil is off.

Does unmoderated speech include press?
Not asking for a friend and I know the answer.
View Quote

Real investigative journalism these days usually results in the NSA planting classified materials or child pornography on the journalist's computer so they have an excuse to destroy them.

"The press" pretty much just regurgitates whatever the government tells them.  Or else.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Lol, they’ve been reading all of our threads!
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#50]
just use morse code, heck, LE probably doesn't even know what it is. :)
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top