BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw a report in the local paper regarding the break down of who is moving to Idaho. The biggest group were over 65, the next largest group was 45-65, Assuming, older people are still more conservative than younger people, the state should be okay for awhile. I still think if we got 10K ARF members to move to one county and elected the sheriff, things would be awesome. Of course, where that would work not many jobs available.
View Quote
`

That's an assumption that isn't very well supported. It has more to do with when you were born than how old you are. 65 Y/Os were more conservative in 1980 than now.

ID is becoming a retirement destination for people from WA, much like AZ is for CA. I've got relatives making that move right now, but you'd probably like them. Still think it's a good choice though.

Everyone is facing the same issue, the nicer a place is the more people move there, the more people there are the more liberal it becomes.

IMO, the best places in the US long term are the PNW outside the I5 corridor, AK, and the SE.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, I think through EOs, regulatory stuff through ATF, and legislation out of the D-controlled Congress, you're going to see California/Connecticut-style restrictions and bans at the federal level that will be impossible to hide from.

And my faith isn't very high that SCOTUS would overturn things like 10-round mag bans, semi-auto bans and the like.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What’s the best RIGHT thinking 2A state to live in right now???
View Quote

Wisconsin is good. Purple state, but regulations are light.
If if i was in Texas and Georgia i would expect massive changes within 4 years. Both will move  fast hard and fast into California style regulation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That tiny white dot up and just to the left of the "S" in Sandpoint isn't too very far from Casa D'Osprey.

Just understand...wages suck, there is almost no industry but house building, food and gas are expensive and anything close to the lake or in-town starts at about $350K for 1,500 sq feet on a quarter acre. On the lake takes millions. Further out is much cheaper, but shit further out gets wild, fast. The work situation in CDA is much better, but you lose the small town thing and end up in a rapidly expanding city of 45,000+.

The rich-and-shameless pour in about June, and pour right back out at the beginning of September. Cali's that move here "permanently" don't tend to stay long.

Just make damn sure you want "wild" before you make the commitment. The attrition rate from the first and second winter is high.

But...damn, it is beautiful. View out the window this morning...when the clouds clear the mountains and lake in the distance are spectacular.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457055/DSC_0446_JPG-1783536.jpg
View Quote
Strange snow year. Nothing on the ground in the CDA area.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the Farmer's Almanac attributed it to the El something-or-other. We had about two feet on the ground this time last year. Doubt we have six inches from the last two storms combined. I'm at 3,200 feet or thereabouts...Sandpoint (2,000 feet) is mostly clear, too.

I can do without the 55mph gusts, though. Bomb cyclones and 80 foot fir trees make a really scary combination.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oklahoma.
View Quote

^^ This.

But as somebody mentioned above, it won't really matter soon.  Antifa will step up their rhetoric, it will be blamed on conservatives, Beijing biden and the swamp will start taking away gun rights labeling gun owners domestic terrorists.  Patriot Act 2.0 will take rights from domestic terrorists.  

Things are going to get sporty.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If if i was in Texas and Georgia i would expect massive changes within 4 years. Both will move fast hard and fast into California style regulation.
View Quote

GA wayyy sooner than TX. In two years GA will have a dem Governor, Lt. Gov, and SoS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Alaska
Wyoming
Oklahoma
Texas
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer the state of Bliss but most of the time I can be found in the state of Confusion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Alaska
Wyoming
Oklahoma
Texas
View Quote
fuckin' a.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I would say South Dakota. Constitutional Carry state made possible by 2A Champion Gov. Kristi Noem.

She didn't shut down the state and the state coffers had a huge surplus that she is putting away for a Biden America. She's preparing our state and has put the invite out there to come to a free state, South Dakota.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would say South Dakota. Constitutional Carry state made possible by 2A Champion Gov. Kristi Noem.

She didn't shut down the state and the state coffers had a huge surplus that she is putting away for a Biden America. She's preparing our state and has put the invite out there to come to a free state, South Dakota.

https://i.ibb.co/6vRYbPz/B65-E29-AD-250-E-496-F-B52-B-D61-FD3608-A8-D.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not South Dakota, thats for sure
View Quote

Join date and post count smell trollish to me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/6vRYbPz/B65-E29-AD-250-E-496-F-B52-B-D61-FD3608-A8-D.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Absolutely this.   The whole “move to a free state” mentality is a loser’s mentality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are all in this together. There are wonderful conservative people in all the states. I always hear on GD "fuck CA they voted for that shit". Yup. And when they are done there they'll move on to your state next. United we stand, divided...

Absolutely this.   The whole “move to a free state” mentality is a loser’s mentality.

I've come to believe this.  I agreed with the "vote with your feet" mentality, but that only works short-term.

I joked about anti-2A states as if everyone there is culpable, but those places were overwhelmed by sheer numbers of idiots.

CA and NY are easy to pick on, but now VA is becoming the same.

I was a lazy 2A supporter, because I'm like most people - busy working 7/12s or more to keep a roof over the family's heads and put food on the table.

If I ever move to another state now, I'd like it to be because I really want to, not cause I ran away.

TL;DR - Not one more inch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Mississippi.

And I figure we’re pretty safe from invasion because everybody “knows” Mississippi sucks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#18]
ND is full, stay out
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oklahoma.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

GA wayyy sooner than TX. In two years GA will have a dem Governor, Lt. Gov, and SoS.
View Quote

Sadly this, GA not going to hang on much longer unless something reverses course.

Texas exit polls had something like 59%, so we  have a ways to go before becoming a swing state.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#21]
MO
KS
NE
SD
ND
OK
Rural TX
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Covid work at home lefties are all moving to more affordable States.  How do you think they'll vote?

It's over.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honestly, it makes no difference.

The US as a whole is in for a world of shit, no one will be immune. Find some place pretty with things you like to do and go there.
View Quote

This.

People aren't thinking this through. Whatever Biden/Harris have in plan, once it passes through congress it will go nationwide. It won't matter if you live in Alabama, Oklahoma or North/South Dakota.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think the Farmer's Almanac attributed it to the El something-or-other. We had about two feet on the ground this time last year. Doubt we have six inches from the last two storms combined. I'm at 3,200 feet or thereabouts...Sandpoint (2,000 feet) is mostly clear, too.

I can do without the 55mph gusts, though. Bomb cyclones and 80 foot fir trees make a really scary combination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You aren't too far from the outdoor range on Mt. Baldy road iirc. The RO there told me it was okay to shoot full auto. I said fine, do you have one?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stacey Abrams move her shady voter registration operation to TN after she becomes governor here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida for the next couple of years. After that South Dakota or Tennessee.

TN is soon to be fucked.  Lots of libs are flocking to Nashville.  Then there is the Memphis shithole.  This state is going to get flipped like GA.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stacey Abrams move her shady voter registration operation to TN after she becomes governor here.

I have to agree. Illinois is having an exodus and they are going to TN!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida for the next couple of years. After that South Dakota or Tennessee.

TN is soon to be fucked.  Lots of libs are flocking to Nashville.  Then there is the Memphis shithole.  This state is going to get flipped like GA.

For years TN has advertised heavily to retirees from the Chicago and NYC areas with their Retire Tennessee program.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

70/30 ish in 2020 election.

It WILL happen, but it will take a bit longer I hope.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You aren't too far from the outdoor range on Mt. Baldy road iirc. The RO there told me it was okay to shoot full auto. I said fine, do you have one?
View Quote

I shoot there all the time. The old guys that run the place are all NRA, but they're good people. I've seen them "bend" the rules many times to accommodate people who want to do some training that's outside the normal rules...just have to demonstrate you can do it safely, and mostly when the place isn't crowded.

I think the minimum shooting age is 8, but this summer I was there when a guy drove in from 75 miles away (he had flown into WA on vacation) with his 5 YO daughter and a tiny 22lr. The RO let her shoot - in her dad's arms - with him standing a few feet back. They do that stuff a lot.

BTW, Wrenco in Ponderay has full auto for rent at their range...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Honestly, it makes no difference.

The US as a whole is in for a world of shit, no one will be immune. Find some place pretty with things you like to do and go there.
View Quote

That first post...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Folks that think they’re just going to move to WY are misinformed.

We have a lot of great stuff going on, but don’t shit yourself. We’re about to go through some VERY hard times here with the economic tectonic plates of the state substantially shifting.

If you don’t have $$$$$$ or you’re not well established here, then don’t make the move. It would be very bad timing.
View Quote

What is the current and foreseeable political climate there?  I have been to many cities there.  Other than the wind, seems like a decent place to live.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
None of them. After January 20th we're going to have indefinite communist regime and whatever vestiges of the United States Constitution that remain today will be gone. We're all prisoners in a totalitarian police state now.
View Quote

This is why the left is always moving forward, and the right is always falling behind.

The left NEVER quits and NEVER gives up.

The right? Cowards. Keyboard warriors and cowards.

In 2016, the left cried on the night of the election, and then they put RESIST (TM) into action the very next day. Our side? WOAH IS ME..... WE ARE DOOMED.... WE ARE LOST FOREVER.... LET'S NOT VOTE..... IT'S ALL RIGGED....

Cowards. Absolute frickin cowards.

Sure, keyboard blowhards will throw a few "Derp, derp I lost my gunz in da lake." or "I WILLZ NOT COMPLY."

Reality? The left will fight and the right refuse to resist.

That's the real story.

It's not time to surrender. NOTHING is inevitable in politics. BOTH of the Georgia Senate seats would have been held by comfortable margins if people hadn't bought into the the "IT'Z ALLZ RIGGED, LETZZZZZ NOTX VOTEZ." nonsense.

500,000 fewer Republicans turned out in the runoff than the General.

500K.

Ossoff won by 50K and Warnock by 92K.

If the morons hadn't listened to Democrat filth like Lin Wood, we'd have a 52-48 GOP Senate RIGHT FRICKIN NOW.

WE LOSE WHEN WE QUIT.

It's time to stop the whining and FIGHT.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sadly this, GA not going to hang on much longer unless something reverses course.

Texas exit polls had something like 59%, so we  have a ways to go before becoming a swing state.
View Quote

Looks like it sadly but honestly it’s just a matter of time before all states fall. Perhaps we need a coordinated effort for freedom-loving, leave me alone types to come together in a single or few states. Our sides problem is we don’t want to be around or work with others, even like minded. We need to get over that shit and learn to overlook quibbles with each other.

Looks like I’m going to have to get over my aversion to cold because right now only colder states look promising. I say we take over FL, we all could be ‘Florida Man.’
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I wish some people in solidly conservative states would move to purple states.

If about 45,000 people had moved from Wyoming, West Virginia, Oklahoma, North Dakota, etc. to Wisconsin, Arizona, and Georgia, the election would have gone the other way (even accounting for the fraud).

But, to the original question, I think that Missouri is, all things considered, one of the best options.

It's a solidly red state, and has been getting redder over the past 20 years. The R candidate has gotten a larger percentage of the vote in each election since 2000, except for fuckstick McCain (who received a lower percentage than Bush in 2004, but still beat Obama in MO), their Congressional delegation has gotten redder, with only two of their eight seats going to Dems.

It really only has three blue areas--Kansas City, St. Louis, and Columbia. Of those, Columbia isn't overwhelmingly blue--Trump still got 41% to Biden's 53% in the 2020 election. St. Louis is not growing (and might actually be shrinking). And while KCMO is growing rapidly, it doesn't have anywhere near enough people to swing the state.

Missouri has good gun laws--constitutional carry, open carry, NFA-friendly, state preemption, castle doctrine and stand your ground. Its concealed carry permit is recognized by 36 states.

If you want cold weather, you can get it in the northern part of the state. If you hate cold weather, the southern part of the state has average highs in the mid-40s in the dead of winter.

WalletHub estimates Missouri to have the 39th highest tax burden in the country. There is no statewide building code. Very few regulations on homeschooling. Lasseiz-faire laws on fireworks and alcohol (which I wouldn't expect to be a dealbreaker for anybody, but I think they're good litmus tests for general nanny-state attitudes in the legislature).

It's centrally located (from Columbia, which is roughly in the middle of the state, you're within 12 hours of driving of New Orleans, Houston, Austin, Denver, Cheyenne, Grand Forks, International Falls, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, and Pensacola).

It is bordered by red areas--deeply red states to the south and west, mostly-red Iowa to the north, and the rural red parts of Illinois to the east (except for the St. Louis metro area).

Aside from tornadoes and flooding along the Mississippi, it's not at risk for many natural disasters (although the New Madrid seismic zone is in southeastern Missouri, and a large earthquake would be devastating).

And, most importantly, it doesn't really seem to be importing a lot of liberals from other states.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I lived in Idaho off grid for the last 5 years. Just relocated in NOV.

Prior to that i was in CDA for almost 15.

If your building from scratch, stay out of Bonner county. The commissioners are CA transplants, that want building codes to reflect their CA values, and they are parceling up property into 5 acre parcels everywhere. Sandpoint is also the most liberal backwards town in idaho, with the exception of maybe moscow. We had a huge battle with them with weekly protests over them trying to regulate how people could live on their raw property while building. Tax assessors are draconian, and will tresspass, even break into your home, and they often assess added value t the property for non permanent structures like RV's and campers. Even an out house will get a 10k assessment increase.

The selkirks are nice if you are gonna pick Bonner county. Look around upper pack river. Great people. Some of the best. But unfortunately Sandpoint runs politics there.

If i was going to make a suggestion, it would be go north to Boundry county. About the most free county your gonna find in the nation. Great people, but obviously less modern ammenities, and Bonners Ferry is gonna be the biggest local town. Stay out of Kootenai unless your just buying and holding land until a developer from CA offers you crazy money to split your holdings into 1 or 5 acre lots.

I miss Idaho greatly. Only reason i left is because an out of stater offered me money i couldnt refuse. Now im on a 5 year plan to go back off grid again, this time near the equator where i can wear flip flops and tank tops year round.

Best alpine trout fishing in the nation. If your a fisherman, hit me up. Ill tell you all about the secrets.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thought this was pretty cool..

https://thetexan.news/governor-abbott-says-texas-should-be-a-second-amendment-sanctuary/
View Quote

When do they get constitutional carry though?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I watch a off grid guy on YouTube who lives there. Seems like he is always battling with the code enforcement people from the county.
View Quote

NCOG?

Chad is one of my best friends. I have been in a lot of his videos.
If you watch enough, you can figure out who i am, im sure.

He is in the process of relocating to Boundary county.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

NCOG?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I watch a off grid guy on YouTube who lives there. Seems like he is always battling with the code enforcement people from the county.

NCOG?

Yep, seems like a constant hassle with those people. I love the video he had where the guy caught the women from the county on his property nosing around inside his shop.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

After the summer we had, i was fully expecting it to be a heavy years. Its kinda crazy. Havent seen crazy snow loads there since like 2008. Had alot fall in one month (feb) two years ago, but outside of that, it been very mild winters the last 10 years or so.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yep, seems like a constant hassle with those people. I love the video he had where the guy caught the women from the county on his property nosing around inside his shop.
View Quote

Happens all the time man.

They went around two posted gates to get into my land two years ago. My property is not easy to access. They have started threatening to use drones.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

We battled those people for two years straight together. Ultimately you cant win agaist liberals who have more money than you and are determined to destroy your life. We both threw in the towel and let our propertys in Bonners go.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota.
View Quote

I love KS, but the sales tax is insane.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#43]
@DCLXVI or anyone else in Idaho;

Any feedback on Twin Falls County?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@DCLXVI or anyone else in Idaho;

Any feedback on Twin Falls County?
View Quote

Twin falls is nice. Im not sure bout building codes. Politics seem to be fairly solid conservative. Its mostly Agriculture and high prairie type terrain. Not a lot of timber. Im fairly certain it gets pretty frigidly cold, but not as much snow fall as in other parts of the state. If you like that kind of scenery, its probably a nice county, and depending where you are, not a huge drive to Boise or Pocatello.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I wanted somewhere warm and red. I had hoped to head to arizona but then the pandemic hit and my dad had a stroke. I got stuck here hoping trump would win to buy me some time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Anywhere warm left? Az is looking to fall and GA too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Twin falls is nice. Im not sure bout building codes. Politics seem to be fairly solid conservative. Its mostly Agriculture and high prairie type terrain. Not a lot of timber. Im fairly certain it gets pretty frigidly cold, but not as much snow fall as in other parts of the state. If you like that kind of scenery, its probably a nice county, and depending where you are, not a huge drive to Boise or Pocatello.

View Quote

Looked into Boise, but it seems like that place is going through a booming nut roll.  We are looking to get 20+ acres of leave me alone land without being in the ultra-boonies.  The only flights out of TF is Delta 3x a day going to Salt Lake City, they you can go to where you want from there.  Somewhere on 84 looks attractive, as you know when it snows, it will be groomed.  Little things like that are nice creature-features.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#48]
thinking about Texas.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Anybody who moves to California right now will be the last ones to be suspected of Wrongthink.  That could be useful
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anywhere warm left? Az is looking to fall and GA too.
View Quote

We are good here in FL as long as you stay away from a few cities (Jacksonville, Tampa, Naples and Miami).  Polk County is da shiz with Grady Judd as the Sheriff.  I would love to move there, but way to close to the tourist-traps for us.  We have kids, but will not go anywhere near that place.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top