Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish covid would kill more people tbh
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That was lame bullshit from the lame, inflexible medical establishment. Data from the East Asian countries going back decades made it abundantly clear that masks work fucking awesome compared to literally nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Masks don't work unless you have an N95" is accepted in all the peer reviewed broscientific literature.

Now you're complaining that someone is pointing out a year later that better masks and knowledge of their use should be available to the masses?

Can't have it both ways.

That was lame bullshit from the lame, inflexible medical establishment. Data from the East Asian countries going back decades made it abundantly clear that masks work fucking awesome compared to literally nothing.

Works so well that that is where all the flus and diseases like covid originate and spread through the populace? Yeah, works great I bet!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just be sure that whatever mask you choose, you wear it for weeks on end and stuff it in your filthy pockets between wearings. That's how you keep the germs out.

View Quote

Seeing that firsthand really does make me believe there is for sure something to the wearing of masks causing a spike in bacterial pneumonia.
Dude I work with has been wearing the same gaiter since the beginning of China virus, judging by the look of the thing it has never been washed.

The talk around here mirrors what we have seen many of our "rulers" doing.
Two masks is twice as good, maybe we should all wear two.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone knew early one that N95 masks were better.

Before anyone really handle on how bad covid was, I wore them when out (even before the government said to).

After it became apparent that COVID was not a doomsday scenario when going to buy groceries, I switched to cloth. More for following store policy than really caring about "stopping the virus with the mask".

I've said it many times: People are retarded. A great number of people don't use masks property, so what's the damned point to waste N95's if they wear them improperly and are constantly touching everything in the store, their phone, and their face?

If I was in a high risk scenario I'd wear a better mask.

For 99.99% of people (this includes me), a shitty mask (or even no mask) is probably fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Saw a younger woman working at Home Depot who was wearing a mask that had a clear corrugated tube emanating from the middle and extended over her shoulder, into her shirt, where it disappeared.

I'm assuming she had some type of filter attached to her back under her shirt?  Twas the goofiest f'ing thing
View Quote

It ran down to her asscrack, she's? a fart sniffer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
"I gave it a year that's plenty.  Some people might die"
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:04:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I found Milwaulkee  KN95 masks with exhaust valves in stock at Home Depot today.
$22.97 for 10

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-N95-Professional-Multi-Purpose-Valved-Respirator-10-Pack-48-73-4014/310392944
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I watched 2 different guys at home depot look at me and then take their own masks off today.

Only way we're going to "end" covid is by deciding that we're done.

Plus, it's served it's purpose, so I'm guessing we won't be talking about it within a couple of months.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I wear a gaiter specifically because it does nothing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#10]
The micro fiber buffs are actually worse than wearing nothing, so...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is, in effect, the argument the authors of the article are making.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I'm going to wear a damn mask, I'd much rather wear one rated to do something. Most masks are a waste of damn time imo

This is, in effect, the argument the authors of the article are making.
Because no one thought about it until now?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:30:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not true, sir. Plenty of posters believe in the science that is a mask. The threat is credible and all that jazz so better safe than sorry, you know, just in case...
View Quote
Most of the time the only reason I'm reminded of Covid is all these threads.

Well today today on terrible Facebook I did see a girl I knew that lives in England post something about after lockdowns are over wanting to go over a friends house for tea. I almost poked at it and wanted to ask how would they know if she just went over now? But they probably do track them or something. Not even worth the discussion. I couldn't imagine living like that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Except that even with the vaccine, you can still catch the rona. You can still transmit the rona. You still have to social distance. You still have to quarantine if you get exposed. Taking the vaccine changes, literally, nothing.

But we know it works. Trust the science.
View Quote
Well it makes the drug companies richer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Technically the vaccine does not meet the medical definition of a vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
IF masks are actually useful, it's amazing that government hasn't stepped in and done something to start mass-producing highly effective N-95 level masks. I mean, how long after Pearl Harbor was every manufacturer churning out 1911s or possibly Sherman tanks?
View Quote
Also a very good point. They're super important but don't use good ones because we need those. That piece of T-shirt you've been wearing for weeks is good enough.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Just give me my full body space suit and helmet and leave me the fuck alone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:53:00 AM EDT
[#17]
need to make a string bikini mask that covers as little as possible. just nostrils and lips.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#18]

YOU DON’T FUCKING SAY

I said this from day fucking 1, if it’s not an N95 or better, you may as well not even wear anything and I took unending amounts of shit.

If this virus was actually serious the CDC would’ve been screaming this from the rooftops from the first hour and companies would be doing emergency production of 3M N95s, not hand sanitizer while everyone runs around in porous black cloth from China.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If people really start bitching about my neck gaiters then I'm moving to a full-face respirator.  They probably won't even notice the exhalation valve on it.

View Quote

This
is true. I know this for a fact. If you wear a respirator, people will compliment you on have a really good mask.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#20]
How about NO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Bavaria just mandated the wearing of FFP2/N95 masks when utilizing public transportation, shopping, or being indoors in a public venue. Fortunately, we can still wear cloth masks on post.

I say "fortunately", because fuck the N95! I grabbed one from the office on my way to the Commissary one morning a couple months back, as I had forgotten my cloth mask and masks are required when entering any building on post. That was the most God-awful uncomfortable mask that I have ever worn...and that includes the M50 gas mask! The wife managed to snag a pack of  FFP2 masks from MCSS last week. I tossed one in the glove box, just in case I find myself needing to pick something up while off-post.

That the worst thing about being active duty during all this...I cannot simply say "fuck the mask mandate, fuck the restrictions, I Do What I Want!!!"...because if I do, then I can get an Article 15.

I do push the envelope a bit though...haven't worn one in my office since it started, no matter how many people are in it...I don't put it on when climbing on the aircraft, despite how close I have to get to the Soldiers to verify their work...when I have to go to a meeting, I walk all the way to my seat, sit down, arrange my note taking material, THEN pull my mask out of my pocket and put it on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bavaria just mandated the wearing of FFP2/N95 masks when utilizing public transportation, shopping, or being indoors in a public venue. Fortunately, we can still wear cloth masks on post.

I say "fortunately", because fuck the N95! I grabbed one from the office on my way to the Commissary one morning a couple months back, as I had forgotten my cloth mask and masks are required when entering any building on post. That was the most God-awful uncomfortable mask that I have ever worn...and that includes the M50 gas mask! The wife managed to snag a pack of  FFP2 masks from MCSS last week. I tossed one in the glove box, just in case I find myself needing to pick something up while off-post.

That the worst thing about being active duty during all this...I cannot simply say "fuck the mask mandate, fuck the restrictions, I Do What I Want!!!"...because if I do, then I can get an Article 15.

I do push the envelope a bit though...haven't worn one in my office since it started, no matter how many people are in it...I don't put it on when climbing on the aircraft, despite how close I have to get to the Soldiers to verify their work...when I have to go to a meeting, I walk all the way to my seat, sit down, arrange my note taking material, THEN pull my mask out of my pocket and put it on.
View Quote

lol, is the M50 really that bad? That's later than my time, I used the M40 and M45. M40 was reasonably comfortable if heavy, but was a complete and total "fuck you if you want to actually aim your weapon" experience. I had to cock my head off at a wild angle and get an earweld to even use a holographic sight, nevermind a scope. Forget irons altogether.

M45 was amazing coming from the M40, I could use a weapon like I wasn't even wearing a mask and it was all-day comfortable with the retention system upgrade. Ended up buying my own for my disaster kit. Always wondered about the M50 though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I dont wear masks now, why would I consider wearing an 'improved' one?

No one here gives a shit.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wish covid would kill more people tbh
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Two posts above yours.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just give me my full body space suit and helmet and leave me the fuck alone.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is the way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way

Same for me. Bandana when it's hot, gaiter when it's cold. Does absolutely fuckall for a virus but it shuts the Karens up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Effing ridiculous. After of year of 99% of the people wearing masks everywhere they go all you hear about is how the infection rate "has reached record levels..."  

Masks have very limited effect for people outside of controlled environments like healthcare facilities.  biden looks like even more of dimwit when he walks on stage with a mask on his face.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Only Double Masking Can Save Us Now!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#32]

FPNI, lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've been using a shemagh for months now. My son says it makes me look like a killer.
View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Giving people their personal space, not constantly touching your face, and practicing basic hand hygiene works pretty well too.
View Quote

So does not being a colossal bitch over the sniffles.

"Tough guys" cowering being their tshirt face coverings and 55gal drums of hand sanitizer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#36]
“Taiwan’s COVID-19 death rate per capita is more than 1,000 times lower than that in the U.S”

Sure, but Taiwan took it seriously from the start, didn’t believe the China-corrupted WHO (that it was not transmissible human to human). Taiwan also didn’t have democrats calling travel bans racist, obstructing every effort, holding sham impeachments at the same time the virus started, or throwing positive cases into old folks homes.

The whole article is meaningless because you can’t find any real masks anyway. But that doesn’t matter because saint fauchi said masks don’t work and regular people shouldn’t buy them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I picked up a couple of these a while ack and just started wearing them for fun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Nothing says ‘comfort’ like a full helmet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Everyone knew early one that N95 masks were better.

Before anyone really handle on how bad covid was, I wore them when out (even before the government said to).

After it became apparent that COVID was not a doomsday scenario when going to buy groceries, I switched to cloth. More for following store policy than really caring about "stopping the virus with the mask".

I've said it many times: People are retarded. A great number of people don't use masks property, so what's the damned point to waste N95's if they wear them improperly and are constantly touching everything in the store, their phone, and their face?

If I was in a high risk scenario I'd wear a better mask.

For 99.99% of people (this includes me), a shitty mask (or even no mask) is probably fine.
View Quote

Exactly where I come down on this.

My favorite is the people who wear masks and gloves when driving alone in their car. Then use the same gloves to touch every piece of produce in the grocery store, as if they’re magical talismans or something.

If you have skin, and no open sores, you don’t need gloves. Just wash your hands. Masks and gloves have become a false sense of security, with people touching and adjusting them every few minutes.
Yeah, that works!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#40]
From the start, this entire mask thing felt like a huge social experiment. I've seen nothing in the past six months to change that conclusion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My favorite is the people who wear masks and gloves when driving alone in their car. Then use the same gloves to touch every piece of produce in the grocery store, as if they’re magical talismans or something.
View Quote

One of them was on line in front of me at the store last week. Mask, face shield over the mask, and gloves.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Exactly where I come down on this.

If you have skin, and no open sores, you don’t need gloves. Just wash your hands. Masks and gloves have become a false sense of security, with people touching and adjusting them every few minutes.
Yeah, that works!
View Quote

As the saying goes, somewhere out there is a Karen. In a shower. Wearing a mask. I know it. I just know it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#43]
I have been using Kanshouzhe KN95 mask's that use replaceable filters. I wear glasses and they have a silicone seal that keeps my breath from fogging them up. Plus there is no leakage around the sides. As far as I am concerned, I wear the mask for ME. I see others walking around with their noses exposed or the paper mask barely hanging on. Makes me wonder why they are even bothering.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#45]
My community college gave out nice cloth masks with the school logo on the front last semester. I wore it when I had to the whole semester, stuffed it in pockets and left it on the seat of my car as well. Now with second semester starting I started wearing it again. Hasn't been washed and I constantly fuck with it cause masks + glasses = fucking pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I watched 2 different guys at home depot look at me and then take their own masks off today.

Only way we're going to "end" covid is by deciding that we're done.

Plus, it's served it's purpose, so I'm guessing we won't be talking about it within a couple of months.
View Quote

You think Joe and the Ho are going to give up the power/leverage that this gives them? You are very wrong,you have just seen the beginning. After a couple more months or years they will ease back on the restrictions and tell you that they have saved the world.
Meanwhile now you have to have the vaccine and an implanted chip all linked to your social credit score and all finances just to set foot outside. That is if you are one of the lucky ones that is allowed to participate freely in society and not deemed a threat and an irredeemable Trump supporter/conservative.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lets just lock everything down indefinitely
Lets just put everyone on quarantine, not just the sick
Lets just make face coverings mandatory
Lets just offer up a vaccine for the outdated strain
Lets just make medical grade masks mandatory
Lets just live our lives in fear of a cold from 2019
From 2020
And now, from 2021.

What else can we add to the list? Mandatory vaccines, another deeper shutdown, chipping, papers to travel, cash ban... What else?

Science, you need not apply to this.
View Quote

Suspend public legislative hearings
Suspend courtroom hearings
Suspend elections
Have unelected technocrats direct policy
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Same. Walked into the eye doctor and hardware store with a shemagh one day....looks were priceless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been using a shemagh for months now. My son says it makes me look like a killer.
i've scared the shit out of many mericans by wearing a full taliban wrap when i'm out and about.  

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/27/article-0-0D685D3100000578-543_468x333.jpg

Same. Walked into the eye doctor and hardware store with a shemagh one day....looks were priceless.

I've been doing that, with it tied above my ears and dark sunglasses.  Unfortunately the sunglasses fogged up while I was at Ingles and I accidentally dropped a bottle of maple syrup after tripping over my shopping cart because I couldn't see it was in my way.  The manager just had to be at the end of the aisle, too.

Fortunately the manager had no idea who I am and I just casually took my cart a few aisles over and ditched it and unassed the area.  So my mask actually did protect me, from something it also caused.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like how for the COVID deniers, better masks are an OUTRAGE lol. Yes, it's so terrible that some people wrote an article arguing that it would be great if a higher quality product was on the market.

View Quote

Because we know y'all will use it as an excuse to keep everyone masked forever.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just be sure that whatever mask you choose, you wear it for weeks on end and stuff it in your filthy pockets between wearings. That's how you keep the germs out.

View Quote

The people who think handing N95s out to the general population will make any difference aren't aware of the problem.  Mask mandates do not work.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top