Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a dime. Enjoy my grandkids tax dollars.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't remember many complaining about getting or not getting.  

Most (getting it or not) thought there should not be money handed out in this fashion.  

I'm in that boat, not in favor of the distribution, even though $1400-something showed up in my account.  

Oh well, it can pay off the ammo part of my recent credit card bill.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont get shit
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Enjoy your welfare check. Buy something really nice. You’re welcome.

ETA: I’d rather you have it than some actual welfare rat, so I do actually want you to enjoy it and buy yourself something nice.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't see a dime.  I'm just a hair over the cutoff.

thats not really rich either.  At least not in the area I am in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
They sent the cheque all the way up to Canada to my wife.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Holy shit, I didn't realize you had to earn that much to not to get anything. Why the hell are you rich guys complaining?

https://i.imgur.com/REfKkm3.png
View Quote

Because redistribution of money from those that earned to those who didn’t is a problem.

Your question in itself shows your lack of understanding of communism or your support of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

thats okay, youre in BC. you're invited to come with us after we balkanize.  if you were in ontario or quebec, it'd be a problem, just like as if you were in other parts of Not America, like NY, CT, IL, CA, etc

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
pics of wife holding cheque?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Enjoy your welfare check. Buy something really nice. You're welcome.

ETA: I'd rather you have it than some actual welfare rat, so I do actually want you to enjoy it and buy yourself something nice.
View Quote
i squandered my first round of rona cheddar on BBQ, vape juice, fidget spinners, knives, hostess products, cigarettes, whisky, and dip.

pretty happy about that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
For one, because they are the ones paying the taxes to fund it I don't blame them.

Which one is this ? The last stimulus or the new one Biden wants ? I thought the limits on the last one Trump signed were the same as the prior one back in May.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
What you made last year has nothing to do with how broke you are now if you are unemployed or bankrupt from covid or the general fucked economy.

$300K in 2019 wont have you doing much for the economy if you are unemployed in 2020/2021

Also, the cut off is generic, $250K in rural Ohio is not even remotely comparable to ANYWHERE on the coasts or in cities.

People who are still working making just under the cut off will get checks, people who are unemployed just over the cutoff get nothing, idiocy.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I'm out this year but since I recently retired there's hope for the next one
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
A few reasons why I hate it:

1.  This money is being Stolen from my children and all future generations.    It’s greedy, stupid, and unethical.    We are literally selling our own kids into slavery.  

2.  Higher income does not equal rich.   I may have had a few good years, but that income is precarious.   A hundred different things could happen to make it go away.    

3.  The people being cut out, are the ones who pay the most taxes.    
I’m not one of the rich guys here, but they steal more taxes out of my pay than you gross, annually. So, there’s a basic unfairness which is truly Evil.

4.  It’s terrible that they are getting middle class America addicted to handouts.  Middle class workers used to look down on welfare moms, and that was a good thing.   It kept people somewhat honest.  

5.  This Will decrease the value of every future dollar you earn.  It will erode your self worth, both financially and mentally.  

6.  Like all welfare, It will decrease the motivation, patriotism and good will of both the givers and the takers.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Being a single person household is a bitch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Every bit of mine will go back on April 15th, along with more.

I'd have been happy with a tax credit.
View Quote

This,
I have to pay an additional 6k
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Being a single person household is a bitch.
View Quote
you're in TX.

find a nice Latina or two and have a passel of kids.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Depends on where you're at. $115k in St Louis is pretty good. In San Francisco, you're poverty
View Quote

This is 100% accurate. People in expensive areas are getting fucked. I say this as someone in a low cost of living area.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#19]
They should be complaining, it their money the gov is giving away
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I am not pissy and I didn’t get a dime. And I consider myself very fortunate that I mostly maintained my income despite all this. I just wish the checks were targeted better; if you lost income as a result of the pandemic then by all means enjoy the money I paid in taxes. But this blanket ‘everyone gets a check below x income in 2019’ is bullshit. If you were laid off then enjoy the check. But if your income was mostly unaffected by the pandemic you shouldn’t get a check based simply earning less than x in 2019. There was no ‘rigor’ in terms of getting a check.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Questions to ponder: Do you think that all of these checks are for free?  Where do you think the money comes from?  Do you think Jeff Bezos is paying for it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not a penny for me. May the poors enjoy my tax dollars they'll get from me presumably next year
View Quote
Until the trillions are paid back the stimulus money (that was printed out of thin air) Is not coming from any current tax payer.

Our great grandkids will be paying for the stimulus checks, if the economy survives.

Current taxes just pay the interest on the current debt and to fund the gov.

If you still believe your statement, you should be more upset your tax dollars are going overseas vs people getting a stimulus check.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Didn't get shit but I sleep soundly in knowing after a couple of years of the Xiden economy, I too will be eligible for next handout.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol. Just because you make over 100k don't mean your rich. I live well below my means and will be rich one day because I don't live rich now. Fuck keeping up with the jones.

Because the cutoffs are arbitrary and bullshit. We pay taxes and work just like everyone else and some dick bag came up with $75k phase out and $99k phase out.... fuck that.  Why do kids get money? They weren't unemployed.... why fuck the economy for 9 months and then send 600 bucks to people l like it'll actually help.... why just blanket send everyone under $75k 600 bucks, simple math says that 30 million unemployed out of a population of 330 million and magicaly half the population needs 600 bucks all of a sudden?

Why give 600 a week ontop of boosting unemployment to 100 percent.... wtf.... so you replace 30 million peoples income 100% and give them 2400 bucks a month...... wtf kind of logic is that? Just replace their income and tell them to sit home. Nothing extra.

Its just arbitrary gov bullshit that pisses me off. No cost of living of people areas taken into consideration, no weading out of those who don't legitimately need it,.. nothing fuck it,, send money to everyone.

Fuck the 600 bucks. I don't need it but your running a fucking country. Make some fucking sense with your decisions!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is 100% accurate. People in expensive areas are getting fucked. I say this as someone in a low cost of living area.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depends on where you're at. $115k in St Louis is pretty good. In San Francisco, you're poverty

thats also why a federal minimum wage is bullshit
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#26]
yes. i self identify as 9.9 inches. thats what matters these days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
We are paying more under Trump’s tax plan than we have EVER paid. We have been getting nailed. Is it so wrong to want some of my own money back? Even if it’s only 4K? I don’t think I’m being unreasonable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I won't get any and the only complaint I have is if you have kept working you should not get any money. It should be for people who lost income during this mess.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Looking at that chart and if it is accurate - a married couple with 5 kids gets $14,000 dollars. That seems a bit excessive. Each kid is not going to need 2 grand, especially since money is shared between children a lot, "but sure why not" seems to be how the Democrat hand out train works. They don't give a shit really.

There have been pushes to give money to illegals too. So if mom & dad are illegals and popped out 5 anchor babies to max out welfare [which they do get welfare since the kids are citizens if born here], they get $14,000 dollars of money from the American people who worked hard for that, or perhaps $10,000 if only the kids are counted. Still, the parents will get the money and they never should have been here to begin with. I supposed this doesn't even matter though since Biden is going to reward them with amnesty at some point for breaking our laws.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We are paying more under Trump's tax plan than we have EVER paid. We have been getting nailed. Is it so wrong to want some of my own money back? Even if it's only 4K? I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
View Quote
The money you are paying in taxes in 2021 was spent fully back in the Bush II or Obama administration.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We are paying more under Trump’s tax plan than we have EVER paid. We have been getting nailed. Is it so wrong to want some of my own money back? Even if it’s only 4K? I don’t think I’m being unreasonable.
View Quote

talk to sacramento.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Im self employed, married, 4 kids, single income, and make way less than the threshold. I haven't seen a dime yet. Doubt i will. Who knows.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll buy a gun in your honor.
View Quote
2nd comms unit or NV for me
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Questions to ponder: Do you think that all of these checks are for free?  Where do you think the money comes from?  Do you think Jeff Bezos is paying for it?
View Quote

You could confiscate every penny from every billionaire in the US and not come close to paying for the first stimulus.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not getting one.

Single with adult married  daughter .

Making a 6 figure income is just doing okay in CT , that's it

Hell I would take the $2000 if they mailed me a check  

Anyone that cries about getting one and Oh No the country is broke .

Send your check my way
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Holy shit, I didn't realize you had to earn that much to not to get anything. Why the hell are you rich guys complaining?

View Quote

Because THEY are paying for YOURS.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#37]
90K isn’t as much as you think in California.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
90K isn't as much as you think in California.
View Quote
$90k is a fuckin' joke in kalifornia.

i can't hang up fast enough when i get recruiter calls for jobs in kalifornia.

if they want to offer $500k/yr and 10 weeks PTO/yr then we can talk.

otherwise fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because THEY are paying for YOURS.
View Quote

So You Get Nothing, You Lose! Good Day Sir!

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Complaining about PAYING for stimulus checks. Duh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't you know everyone in GD makes over 1mil a year?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Jealousy, for most.

Billions go out for foreigners, but people are jealous that the poors a few miles away got something they didn't.
Here's reality. My taxes are not going to be any higher in the future because people making under $150k/yr got some cash.
The politicians are going to increase taxes as much as they can get away with regardless.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not happy about this, and I am getting the "stimulus". I couldn't imagine being on the hook for this, and not at least getting SOMETHING back. It's bullshit no matter how you look at it. Will I be returning my check? No. Because I'm paying for it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because some worthless faggots on Cap Hill decided to give my money away to 3rd world shitholes and I don't even get a reach around
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#45]
didn't get anything for round 2.

only thing i can figure is they raised the income cap for the second round of cheddar.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's the principle of it. We paid $57,000 in taxes last year (federal alone) and the .gov tells me to FUCK OFF.
View Quote

Was at 99k myself, i feel your pain. We dont have kids either so, so i'm paying a ton of money, for literally fucking nothing. Give me my 100k back and i'll buy/spend it locally and help stimulate this economy. Government will end up pissing it away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Jealousy, for most.

Billions go out for foreigners, but people are jealous that the poors a few miles away got something they didn't.
Here's reality. My taxes are not going to be any higher in the future because people making under $150k/yr got some cash.
The politicians are going to increase taxes as much as they can get away with regardless.

View Quote
Individually, that amount of money doesn't mean a whole lot for the people not getting it. What it does mean is that, in aggregate, we are redistributing enormous amounts of future wealth to currently living persons. I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect top tax rates for my children and grandchildren of 70% or more because of the reckless spending and tax cuts that we've seen over the past 20-odd years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can't be right.......that says $2,000 and all Sniffer and the Ho wants to pay is $1,400.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No one should get a stimulus, but if anyone does it should be everyone that paid federal income tax.
View Quote

Correct.  X% of what you paid.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Paid $23k in Fed alone in 2020. Not rich. But they owe me. Big time.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top