BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Praying for your friend,

Read and study the story of Saul of Tarsus who became the apostle Paul. Saul was basically a Christian killer with a rough background that was saved on the road to Damascus. Your friend may need to hear this story and know that no matter what he has done it is forgivable.

While on his way to Damascus to arrest and extradite Christians back to Jerusalem, Saul was confronted by the very One whom he was persecuting (Acts 9:3–9; 22:6–11; 26:12–18). What followed was one of the most dramatic conversions in church history. Saul of Tarsus became the apostle Paul, an ardent missionary to an unbelieving world and a fine example of faithful service in the face of fierce persecution (Acts 14:19; 16:22–24; 2 Corinthians 11:25–26). Saul’s education, his background as a Pharisee, his Roman citizenship, and his unflagging zeal all contributed to his success as a missionary, once those credentials and traits had been subjugated to the lordship of Christ.

Once you tell him the story refer back to Romans 10 verse 9-13

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

God Bless
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck cancer
Godspeed brother
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Prayers sent to your friend for the lords strength and peace.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck cancer
Godspeed brother
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
God bless your friend op
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Done!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My Dad died of cancer--and God gave him everything that he needed every step of the way.

Watching that astounding mercy unfold--the improbable, graceful arc of it--is what turned me back to God.

Your friend might easily have died in the blink of an eye by a bullet, with no chance for introspection or to consider the existence of God.

I know this might sound harsh--but consider that your friend's cancer might not be a curse or misfortune at all--your friend's cancer might be the most loving and merciful gift God could have rendered to him, and one wisely bestowed as to result in the redemption and eternal salvation of his soul.

Do not feel despair.  Pray for God to accomplish His will with perfection and grace, and turn your friend over to God's loving care in quiet trust.

And at the end of all of this--no matter how it turns out--may each of you be astounded by joy.

I ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ.
View Quote

This is wonderfully put. I believe this also. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Praying. Thanks for inviting us to do so.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Done
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Praying for you both, and I sincerely hope that both of you come to know Jesus as your savior. That is truly the most important thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Done, I hope that we are all in heaven some day and you can both share your stories.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Prayers sent and will continue to be sent.
Remind your friend that throughout scripture God loved and took care of his warriors who fought for the right reasons.
It has never been a sin to bring wrath and destruction on a evil enemy in times of war.
A person does not need formalities to spend their eternity in heaven.
All he needs to do is be sorry(repent) for his sins, have faith in God, love God and believe that God sent Jesus to save him from his sins.
It is just pure, simple, child-like faith.  Nothing else matters.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Praying for your friend that his suffering subsides and that the will of God shines so brightly upon him.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top