BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's nice to feel smug about your ammo stash.

It's irritating to see newer shooters not be able to shoot.

Such is life

Speed
View Quote

New shooters should have planned ahead.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jokes on you. You can't move it all. You won't survive a firefight that uses even three mags worth. The newly weaponized EPA will declare lead ammo a health hazard and you won't be able to shoot it anywhere
View Quote

First You dont really know what 20,000 rounds of ammo looks like do you?.
Second why would you assume he wants to move it anywhere?  Lol

Edit
I see this has been covered well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Ego problem.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as the inter web is concerned, I have ZERO ammo and guns are icky.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
(Removed, CoC #7. -40xb)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bragging about a 20k 'stash' is hillarious.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone named Sam kept sending me emails saying prices have never been lower and to stock up on ammo now.
So whenever I worked a little overtime I would order some ammo.
Did this for a couple of years and for now I am good to go.
Glad I listened to Sam.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Okay it's a deal.  I'll buy your 5.56 at 50% over what you paid in March.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I started hoarding during the plandemic. I went from 200 to 20,000 between 223/556, 300BLK, 22LR, and 45ACP. I probably won't ever shoot it all and don't want to sell unless I'm making 50-100% over March-June cost.

Okay it's a deal.  I'll buy your 5.56 at 50% over what you paid in March.

No shit, I would drive to his house with a stack of cash for 30cpr 556.

having less than 7-10k off 556 is like looking at the last roll of toilet paper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP is sensitive , reported me for saying douche
View Quote

Lofl!

Do you know he reported you or is that a guess based on douchy behavior?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You think most people hoard ammo to shoot it?  That's adorable.

You can move 20K rounds in half the bed of a 1/2 ton pickup truck.  You could move that in the trunk/back seat of a sedan if you really wanted to.

It's not a lot.  At all.
View Quote

And when the shit hits the fan someone will shoot you in the head with a .22 and your gun/ammo stash becomes theirs.   Just the way the world works.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
(Removed, CoC #7. -40xb)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
All you need is a sword. No reloading.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And when the shit hits the fan someone will shoot you in the head with a .22 and your gun/ammo stash becomes theirs.   Just the way the world works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You think most people hoard ammo to shoot it?  That's adorable.

You can move 20K rounds in half the bed of a 1/2 ton pickup truck.  You could move that in the trunk/back seat of a sedan if you really wanted to.

It's not a lot.  At all.

I'm talking walking mobile.  Not sure where people think they will survive the best when EVERYTHING  shuts down.  Sure as shit wont be on top of 50k  at your house.  And shtf you ain't taking the highway (well you can, I'm avoiding most roads).
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
That all is great until you buy or inherent a firearm in a caliber you otherwise never used
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I have almost 5000rd or 22lr in one AC11 MTM box. Take that OP!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy is gonna plug you with a shotshell made of old match sticks
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's nice to feel smug about your ammo stash.

It's irritating to see newer shooters not be able to shoot.

Such is life

Speed
View Quote

Most of us have been screaming from the rooftops at anyone within earshot that they needed to buy guns yesterday, if not sooner, and lay in a metric fuckton of ammo while things were good because next time shit got real, you'll never be able to get ammo again. Well that moment happened.

You will NEVER see ammo for decent prices again, if at all, ever again in your lives. Period. It isn't coming back.

Most didn't listen. Shit, some MEMBERS of this website didn't listen and now those guys are bitching.

Granted some people are poor and couldn't lay it down without breaking the bank, and I sympathize, but even when I was poor, I was still dropping in 1000 rounds here and there.

Meanwhile the rest of us were stocking up on a pallet. I just saw 1000 rounds of TULA(!!!) for just shy of $800 and that was the cheapest price on ammoseek.

Bottom line: If you were doing guns and had any money throughout 2019 and didn't stock up like a fucking madman, that shit is on YOU.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jokes on you. You can't move it all. You won't survive a firefight that uses even three mags worth. The newly weaponized EPA will declare lead ammo a health hazard and you won't be able to shoot it anywhere
View Quote

LOL. Okay.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, again, most people don't "horde" ammo to shoot it.  Some do for sure but....most people that horde gold and silver don't buy a lot of it to wear 4000 rings and necklaces all at once either.

They buy it low and sell it high, it's a commodity....that you can use some of if you have to.
View Quote

I've always based my ammo needs on the assumption that it could become unavailable or prohibitively expensive overnight, and I may never be able to buy any more, ever. It's not hording, it's just thinking ahead.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, again, most people don't "horde" ammo to shoot it.  Some do for sure but....most people that horde gold and silver don't buy a lot of it to wear 4000 rings and necklaces all at once either.

They buy it low and sell it high, it's a commodity....that you can use some of if you have to.
View Quote

Many do, but not me. I find most the ammo hustlers are kind of trashy. They're kinda like flea market/ Gun show folks usually. There are legit dudes out there buying 100k or even 1M at a time though for sure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You serious Clark? While the OPs post was douche....go travel around the world and wonder why no one else is fat....even with bad knees.  Give me a break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

You serious Clark? While the OPs post was douche....go travel around the world and wonder why no one else is fat....even with bad knees.  Give me a break.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

(Its a hilarious copypasta)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got one
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol , OP just comes off as the type that would cry t momma ecause some one was mean to him is all , 2+2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lofl!

Do you know he reported you or is that a guess based on douchy behavior?

lol , OP just comes off as the type that would cry t momma ecause some one was mean to him is all , 2+2

And I never felt the need to brag about a stash, but according to OP's figures i guess I can
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly what crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So OP waited for prices to get retarded before stockpiling? Uhhh...smart

I think the main reason new shooters "can't" get ammo to shoot is because they don't know where to find it. Big chain stores have little to none, but the small LGS's around here all have at least something in most common calibers. I can still pick up a box here and there when I go by one, even if it's more expensive than it used to be; the gun industry is feast or famine so I don't really blame them. Even online vendors have it if you look at some of those that aren't posted here as go-to's as often.

Then again I have about 15 different calibers on hand so I may not be feeling it as bad as those who "consolidate" down to 12ga/9mm/5.56.
View Quote

Hey for all we know he may a younger member who just got into shooting, look at the join date, you too. Have to start sometime but if it's in the last year it sucks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, is this a Boomer who has somehow failed to understand the stupidity of Copypasta, and thinks that response is real?

Lolly crow!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

GOT EEEEEEM!!

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Same guys who whine about ammo blow money on dumb shit, while the wise bought a case of ammo on the regular.

Enjoy it morons.
View Quote

Yeah I spent a year or two buying a case a month.

I finally realized ahead of the 2016 election that buying more guns was kind of stupid when I only had a relatively small amount of ammo for them.

The current ammo panic is the first one where it’s not a concern for me. Glad I stocked up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've always based my ammo needs on the assumption that it could become unavailable or prohibitively expensive overnight, and I may never be able to buy any more, ever. It's not hording, it's just thinking ahead.
View Quote

This as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I started hoarding during the plandemic. I went from 200 to 20,000 between 223/556, 300BLK, 22LR, and 45ACP. I probably won’t ever shoot it all and don’t want to sell unless I’m making 50-100% over March-June cost.

The only thing that would make this funnier was if I was 350lbs and so out of shape I couldn’t go up a flight of stairs.
View Quote

so you own guns but don't shoot?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Does it matter how much you got when it looks like everyone is too worried to shoot any of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#34]
It is funny to read this posts.  If the shit ever hit the fan you can only use what you can carry.  The rest you can shove up your ass.  

Try driving a vehicle with any decent amount of ammo in it?   The handling of the vehicle goes out the window.  

It is actually comical to read this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#35]
$1000 phone
$4000 rims
$600 video game system
$250 sneakers
$350 sunglasses
$2000 laptop

Can't pony up $600 for a case of ammo
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is funny to read this posts.  If the shit ever hit the fan you can only use what you can carry.  The rest you can shove up your ass.  

Try driving a vehicle with any decent amount of ammo in it?   The handling of the vehicle goes out the window.  

View Quote
20K rounds of say 223, weighs about 280lbs.  If your vehicle has handling problems if you put 280lbs in it, there is something very wrong with it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Having a big ammo stash is more about being able to go to the range during times of limited supply, or if laws get retarded and make it difficult to buy you don’t have to deal with that.

I don’t think anyone is planning to carry some insane amount of ammo around if some sort of war kicks off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
20K rounds of say 223, weighs about 280lbs.  If your vehicle has handling problems if you put 280lbs in it, there is something very wrong with it.
View Quote

Back when I was dating I could tell the difference depending on the date.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is today your first day?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Back when I was dating I could tell the difference depending on the date.
View Quote
Sure but, you can't move that much ammo is...dumb.  Physical size aside:

I just googled at random, the manufacturers specs on the cargo weight of a 2020 F150. It says up to 2300lbs.   If you took the bags out of the boxes, you could move 20K rounds in the back seat of a 1992 Kia Sophia.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I started hoarding during the plandemic. I went from 200 to 20,000 between 223/556, 300BLK, 22LR, and 45ACP. I probably won’t ever shoot it all and don’t want to sell unless I’m making 50-100% over March-June cost.

The only thing that would make this funnier was if I was 350lbs and so out of shape I couldn’t go up a flight of stairs.
View Quote

Man you overpaid.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#43]
OP, Your post smells like unwashed ass and industrial strength derp.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Noob words of wisdom. OK.

CSB.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I I I...

...I
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Define decent.

I can put A LOT in my truck without it feeling weird.

Some of us drive actual vehicles larger than your Prius there, Thad.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Must be nice to not have other expenses
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We got one!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We got one!

Bro, no cock sock?...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top