User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet a lot of them didn't because it exceeds the yearly limit for salary, which was $168k last I checked.
View Quote

Meh, real LEO's and LEA's are getting cap letters and waivers.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1640/EF4E8D1C-9957-4309-B528-617F2B25657A-1781763.jpg

Each of those buildings has access controls and other security functions associated with it (though Supreme Court has its own police force as well).

They also have investigative functions, a mission to respond to a much larger area than just the capitol compound, and 435 high maintenance charges (and their families) for protective duties nationwide.
View Quote

Thanks for clarifying that.
@Bohr_Adam
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

did you think, before posting this?
View Quote

Do you always post smart ass non helpful commentary?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
65k to help Nancy Pelosi off the toilet. No thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From the linked article:

“When Black Lives Matter rioters, incited by Democrats and the media, besieged the White House, 60 members of the Secret Service’s Uniformed Division were injured holding the line while President Trump and his family were taken to a bunker. 11 members of the Service were hospitalized due to the violence of the BLM riot that Democrats falsely claimed was peaceful.”
View Quote

And how many of them were arrested and charged???????????????????????????
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dude, it's GD. What do you expect?
View Quote

Yet another smart ass non helpful commenter. Related?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm surprised it's not more.
The county PD where I used to live is around the same size and their budget is $530 million. The neighboring county PD has approx 2,400 cops and a $894 million budget.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's 2000 officers with an annual budget of $460,000,000!!

The county PD where I used to live is around the same size and their budget is $530 million. The neighboring county PD has approx 2,400 cops and a $894 million budget.

Capitol police do not have to worry about a lot of building upkeep, janitors, and the like. They also do not have an Air Wing, a jail, or a huge pool of vehicles. Their primary jurisdiction is pretty small and crawling with cops and feds from other agencies. Contrary to popular belief few Congress scum have USCP details. Most who would need them do not want sworn .le guarding them. Hence repeated instances of personal body guards getting popped for firearms violations.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

did you think, before posting this?

Always is fairly often, like most of the time...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lol. That's not how it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$460,000,000 budget with 2000 officers and still threatened by an unarmed woman

average salary: 225K

Lol. That's not how it works.
THIS
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Police, like the Military gets a cross section of society that manages to weasel their ways through the selection process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back during the mid to late 90's, I was stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico, as permanent personnel at the Officer Candidate School.

Fun fact, OCS is just down the road from the air facility that's home to helicopter squadron, HMX-1, who's mission is to fly the President.  And as we know, Marine One is a helicopter.  

Anyway, during the time of year officer candidates were not being trained at OCS, the Marine Corps allowed the Washington D.C. Capital Police to use the barracks and training areas. I don't know if they still do this or not, as I said, this was in the mid to late 90's.

But every class of Capital Police that came through, they always had a few who were kicked out for stealing from other police officers.

They even suggested that the Marines provide a firewatch for the squadbays they were using because they couldn't trust their own people.  I know we did it for at least one class, because I was Corporal of the Guard one Sunday.

Police, like the Military gets a cross section of society that manages to weasel their ways through the selection process.

DC law enforcement are some of the most corrupt in the country since LA Sheriffs or NYPD of the 1980s. For years the DCPD did not even do background checks. Rumors were USCP was the same when it came to checking boxes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We have no idea what we're talking about but we're doing it in numbers, and we agree with each other. Oh, look how smart we are!

Nobody "politically connected" in DC is working a law enforcement job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it is basically a slush fund for loser relatives of the politically connected. Would love to see a salary list.

Bingo!

We have no idea what we're talking about but we're doing it in numbers, and we agree with each other. Oh, look how smart we are!

Nobody "politically connected" in DC is working a law enforcement job.

Harry Reid started out with the USCP when he was going to Liar School.....law school.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So it is basically a slush fund for loser relatives of the politically connected. Would love to see a salary list.
View Quote
And they're separate from the Washington, D.C. Police Dept, of which Dick Heller was an armed Special Police Officer, which was key to his strategy of winning the 2008 Heller decision.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah. But I would bet that Atlanta has to spend more on cars and gas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://saportareport.com/atlanta-city-council-approves-budget-it-does-not-defund-the-police/sections/reports/maggie/

Atlanta's P.D. budget is $218 milliion...

"By a 13-2 vote, Atlanta City Council approved a budget for the year that starts in July with proportions similar to this year’s budget. About one-third of general fund money, or about $218 million, will go to the Atlanta Police Department."

Yeah. But I would bet that Atlanta has to spend more on cars and gas.

Atlanta has helicopters and those suckers aint cheap and neither are the pilots.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2,000 officers for one building?
View Quote

Plus seven office buildings, a couple admin buildings, a residence hall for pages, and its own power plant. I couldn't guess the total amount of space, but it's a ton. DC is one of the most high-rent cities in the country, and the starting wage is absolute shit. I'm sure there are also plenty of cushy appointments for connected people to live well on the public dime with no real skills. Put those two factors together, and I have high confidence that a real insurrection would be incredibly successful, incredibly fast.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

When do they get that pay raise?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588077400
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Always ways around those limits. Ask any .gov employee.
View Quote
I am a government employee. If you were to exceed the biweekly cap the rest disappears.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet a lot of them didn't because it exceeds the yearly limit for salary, which was $168k last I checked.

For you union types maybe. I haven't seen one in my 27 years except the OT cap provision being lifted at Customs. Of course, you guys were bringing back retirees and letting them double dip for a while.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

With benefits and retirement I would figure each starting officer cost $90,000-$95,000 a year plus any overtime.
View Quote

They are Feds, I doubt it has a contributory retirement plan where the members and the employers contribute to a pension fund, I bet it's like military retirement, straight out of the taxpayers pocket and straight into the retirees account.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They are Feds, I doubt it has a contributory retirement plan where the members and the employers contribute to a pension fund, I bet it's like military retirement, straight out of the taxpayers pocket and straight into the retirees account.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With benefits and retirement I would figure each starting officer cost $90,000-$95,000 a year plus any overtime.

It's the same basic benefit plan and TSP mix of most other Feds. FERS. https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/fers-information/
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Atlanta has helicopters and those suckers aint cheap and neither are the pilots.
View Quote

Maybe Atlanta is an exception but most LE helicopter pilots are just regular officers getting officer pay.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For you union types maybe. I haven't seen one in my 27 years except the OT cap provision being lifted at Customs. Of course, you guys were bringing back retirees and letting them double dip for a while.
View Quote

What union?

(I have 5 months of probabtion left)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:19:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe Atlanta is an exception but most LE helicopter pilots are just regular officers getting officer pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certs, training, and insurance for a pilot in .le are significant.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
2,000 officers for one building?
View Quote

It's 16 acres and a number of buildings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$460,000,000 budget with 2000 officers and still threatened by an unarmed woman

You have other operating costs, not just salaries.  Vehicles, equipment, maintenance, logistics.  Then the personnel costs - workmans comp, SS payments, insurance.  The actual gross pay of each officer is likely less than 100k a year - in line with what most larger agencies pay.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Capitol is a huge complex, with a lot of checkpoints to man. And they protect the Speaker and certain other leaders 24/7.

It shouldn’t be that big and complicated. But there it is and here we are.
View Quote

Not if you put a big fence up with razor wire on top and NG troops with M4's guarding it. Then you could restrict it to one or two highly fortified entrances.
You could even put someone with a laser up on the top of the rotunda. Actually it would be much easier to just block off all the streets and bridges leading into DC. Maybe make the Potomac into a moat. Is it big enough/deep enough to get an aircraft carrier up there close to the white house and capitol? Maybe one of the new Wasp class. Starting to make sense...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Up until the 1970s there were a number of political appointees among the ranks of the USCP. But as they quit or retired, they were replaced by qualified, trained civil service officers.
The political appointees were generally retired military, and were assigned to posts that were "non-critical".
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably far less vehicles and far less risk of damages to those vehicles.
I read somewhere that it was over 2,300 employees which would include administrators.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They sure checked my entire life's history when I applied for both agencies back in the mid 00s.
View Quote

Infiltration attempt? Why you sly fox!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I hate everything
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

And overlapping schedules, shifts, leave, admin gigs, training, TDY's, etc.

I actually thought they would have more, honestly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Hand picked monkeys
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

And overlapping schedules, shifts, leave, admin gigs, training, TDY's, etc.

I actually thought they would have more, honestly.
View Quote

I had no idea it was that expansive of an operation, as I’ve never been there. Thanks for the informative and non sarcastic comments unlike those other goons who assume every member should already know this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
All that money and the poor guys still
have to sleep on firehouse couches....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I was arrested at the Capitol, the amount of unimpressive milk sops that I saw was eye opening.

Btw, the tunnel system underneath is pretty neat.  Looked ancient.
View Quote

It does look really cool.  I didn't expect there to be a subway underneath the capitol.  My mother was a Senate staffer in the 70s to a prominent senator, so when I went as a kid I got the behind the scenes tour because he remembered her after some 15 years.

I was always into history at a young age, so my 10th birthday gift was a trip to DC to get this VIP tour, topped with having a hamburger with a senator in the Capitol building.

Which means my mother probably was a senator's mistress.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It does look really cool.  I didn't expect there to be a subway underneath the capitol.  My mother was a Senate staffer in the 70s to a prominent senator, so when I went as a kid I got the behind the scenes tour because he remembered her after some 15 years.

I was always into history at a young age, so my 10th birthday gift was a trip to DC to get this VIP tour, topped with having a hamburger with a senator in the Capitol building.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was arrested at the Capitol, the amount of unimpressive milk sops that I saw was eye opening.

Btw, the tunnel system underneath is pretty neat.  Looked ancient.

Either than or she knew who was and covered for him. I know a woman who got her nephew into a college by making a phone call to a Senator after he was rejected. She had been a secretary in the Senate office and knew where all the skeletons were. Friends in low places are frequently better than friends in high places, they know all the secrets. Mainly because their job was to keep things secret.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top