Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe turdbook said my account will be "deleted" fully on Feb 11th as long as I dont sign in.

F*ck'em.  It has been "liberating"
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe turdbook said my account will be "deleted" fully on Feb 11th as long as I dont sign in.

F*ck'em.  It has been "liberating"
View Quote

Mine too!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Facebook market capitalization is $716B.  There are supposedly 2.7 active accounts.  Each account is thus "worth" $265.

OP and everyone else needs to make a total break from FB until they begin respecting free speech.  There needs to be a customer revolt.  You'll survive without Facebook's presentation and ownership of your contacts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why are you still on Facebook?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone who hasn’t ditched that shit at this point needs a brain examination.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honestly, I have no idea why FB and Twitter are so important to you people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am planning on finding a Facebook replacement and encouraging my other friends to abandon that shit show.  

Just wondering who else has encountered this yet?
View Quote

Gab
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my account locked a couple of times for "bullying" libtards. They can dish shit out, but can't take it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Totalitarians gonna totalitarian....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Bring back MySpace
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am planning on finding a Facebook replacement and encouraging my other friends to abandon that shit show.  

View Quote
MeWe is supposed to be the non-libtard alternative to Facebook.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The whole listening in with audio is largely a myth. Yes they do get info through audio but not without your consent. More likely is every page that has a Facebook share button acts as a little spy, and phones home that you visited that page so they can serve you an ad for that product. Theres also cookies in your browser that phone home on what you're looking at. They log IP addresses, wifi hotspot usage, and location data you share with them.

They also cross reference all of that data with your family and friends to build a bigger picture about you, and what ads are best to show you. Facebook and Google are advertising agencies first and foremost. All the tech and platforms are just a means to an end for the advertising. Yes they also have become societal influencers but literally everything is secondary to advertising.
View Quote

Holy uninformed
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a 30 day timeout that Zuck sent me to reconsider our relationship with a trial separation.

At first, I wanted a divorce. He's fucking me, and all my friends, and we're paying for the house. Still, it was a nice place to hang out.

Now he thinks we need to do all that, and oh...BTW...he gets to make the rules in the house, while we pay for it.

I've decided I'm done paying for it.

The app is off of all of my devices, and I plan to run it on a very limited basis in a sandbox that contains the data footprint. Mainly just to catch a few things that I can't follow any other way, until he bans them, and then it's fairly useless.

All said, my life is a lot better without Fuckzuck in it.

That dumb bastard is an accidental billionaire, and the dipshit didn't learn a fucking thing from MySpace. Just goes to show you, money and morons aren't mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I strongly desire deleting my Facebook account. My wife deleted hers. But the groups are sort of irreplaceable. There is a flute forum with over 20,000 members on Facebook. No such forum exists anywhere else. I can’t go anywhere else to get that. I can create a fake account but there’s little doubt Facebook could link that account to me. I feel stuck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#15]
There was little reason to be on FB in the first place, and zero reason now.

A lot of you guys don't understand what they're collecting, how, and who its being sold to, and for what.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Yesterday I completely nuked my account, full deletion.

Messenger has to go with it, there is no choice.

According to deletion email there is 30 day delay until start of deletion of content from their servers.

Email had link to account recovery, so I deleted the email then emptied the trash.

Cold Turkey, fuck em. Feels good. Kinda like when I quit smoking. Like I know I just did the right thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not really. It's just that generally people didn't care about their extensive data mining because it didn't have a noticeable effect on their daily lives (in practice it did in the form of targeted advertising and propaganda, but again, "Noticeable"). Now that's it's being used for direct action it's suddenly kooky. They can track you on any site that has Facebook integration. If you now take a moment to scroll to the bottom of the forum, you will see that AR15.com has Facebook integration. You've been snitching on yourself and didn't know, and it's all in the Facebook TOS that nobody reads.
View Quote

Having a fucking social media icon link is just that no different than a link you'd post here but with an image attached.

Facebook integrated would be login with fb
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I strongly desire deleting my Facebook account. My wife deleted hers. But the groups are sort of irreplaceable. There is a flute forum with over 20,000 members on Facebook. No such forum exists anywhere else. I can’t go anywhere else to get that. I can create a fake account but there’s little doubt Facebook could link that account to me. I feel stuck.
View Quote
Start one on MeWe to replace it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Personally, I think at this juncture, anyone using still Fbook or the Twit is aiding and abetting the enemy.
View Quote

You guys sound just like Antifa.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think eesmith mentioned most of the people Erin knows on Facebook have been
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There was little reason to be on FB in the first place, and zero reason now.

A lot of you guys don't understand what they're collecting, how, and who its being sold to, and for what.
View Quote

Many believe they're fighting some sort of battle there. I imagine it's simply a way of justification for them.

They see their ban as some sort of victimization, and come to post about their wounds.

Here's a newsflash, a ban from FB doesn't align you with Ashli babbit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#23]
If you have to have a social media account, go to MeWe, there are actually gun buy and sell groups there and no deletions from what I've seen.  Gab appears to be a Qanon site, and hard to navigate to me.

I deleted FB a couple weeks ago, after downloading and deleting photos there that I didn't have on my present PC.  Never used Twitter, it had no appeal to me.

I used FB primarily for the marketplace sales groups, sold a ton of antique and even gun stuff there for a few years.  I'm going to use MeWe for the same purpose, just haven't had the time to really explore the site much yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Gab.com  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

1) Create list of 'troublemakers'
2) Create web-map of followers/associates
3) Flag all accounts X number of degrees of separation from 'troublemakers'

Good old NSA intel practices migrated to the private sector after cross-pollinating in China's tyranny
View Quote

Like a stealth social credit score.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#26]
if i could do video editing. i would show film of zuck talking, while playing "the dream police" as audio.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#27]
On the 7th or 8th I dropped FB.  Keep in mind, not only are they censoring people, every ad you see, they get money from those businesses.  Everyone you click, even more money.

I am not going to help them get paid to censor people.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And banned from posting in groups and meetings till after the 23rd of January.  

By the way, I have never created a group or meeting on Facebook so it isn’t from abuse.  I appealed their ruling, waiting for an explanation if they provide it.  

I suspect is was because I was at Lobby Day, remember peaceful lobby day? With my Facebook equipped IPhone that Cuckenborg pinged while there.  

Also, I was NOT in DC on the 6th, not within 250 miles of DC.  

How many others who were at lobby day have been so banned?
View Quote

Welcome to the club
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Suddenly I can post again.  Still can't join pages though.
Still no explanation or answer to my appeals.
The only "questionable" groups I post in are ar15.com, a local Texas gun-rights group (which they have just taken down), and follow Soldier of Fortune magazine as a news source.
Still planning on blowing it up at the end of the month.

Spoke too soon.

I had signed back in on the Brave browser and got two posts before they caught back up with me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I was there, but did not have my phone. I did walk around the gates the day prior with it, but left it in the hotel the day of. I have still been able to create groups and haven't been banned yet. I also have not been posting videos or photos, and really the only thing to tie me to it has been my Sic Semper Tyrannis profile picture that I borrowed from Doc Zox here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#31]
And like magic, unbanned right after the inauguration.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Facebook and the rest of social media are the ones radicalizing the right.

As they cut off all means for the right to engage in public debate, the only outlet left open will be to riot.

They are causing the very thing they claim to deplore.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I am in the same boat.  I can make posts on my own page (Sometimes) and I can like and share just about anything. I can usually post on a friends page as well.

If I try and post on ANY group page it won't let me.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, it is bullshit.... I had not done anything on facebook in over two weeks except for replying to a add for a bike had listed on marketplace. That is how I found out about it, I couldn't reply to the message I received on 16th.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I deleted my FB account today. Fuck the fascists.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And like magic, unbanned right after the inauguration.
View Quote

Same here. from what I'm seeing around the net most of those put in time out were released today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I have a question why are you even on Facebook supporting the face of evil good God
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm not really super inclined to log in to check.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Its not face book .... its TRACE book.

Remember that
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have a question why are you even on Facebook supporting the face of evil good God
View Quote

You've supplied your own answer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#41]
I deleted my Facebook account long ago, before it was cool.

I have Twitter, because work wants me to, but I've never posted anything and block its notifications.

I guess I should delete that as well.

You can't ban someone who doesn't participate.

But non participation will soon be a red flag as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ditch F book and all other social media (ARFCOM is a forum...). You mental health will improve.
View Quote

This.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top