Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Currently my favorite for sure.
I roast and of course grind my own beans so I have the freshest roast coffee I can get.
I'm getting my green beans from Coffee Bean Corral and Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is what I'm really liking these days.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Coffee_1r_jpg-1780914.JPG
View Quote

Holy shit I spelled it right on the fly...fucken A
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't want to advertise but I roast coffee and have a company. If this ain't cool then delete it.
Redeemed Coffee Roasters
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Me and my husband have become coffee snobs since we live over a coffee shop. They get their beans local, here in Thailand, or neighboring countries. And roast them in house.

We have a regular coffee pot, French press, and a pour over.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The coffee bean is my birth stone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
1/14 ratio
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1/14 ratio
View Quote
That's a bit stiff for me, but I could handle it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Are Keurig machines with a refillable cup with a good quality coffee instead of their cartridges any good? I don't know anyone who has one of these.
I like to have fresh coffee every time I want a cup instead of microwaving coffee that has been sitting for hours.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are Keurig machines with a refillable cup with a good quality coffee instead of their cartridges any good? I don't know anyone who has one of these.
I like to have fresh coffee every time I want a cup instead of microwaving coffee that has been sitting for hours.
View Quote

I do that. I have a Quisinart dual coffee maker. It has the refillable thing(K cup). I grind what I need for a cup and fill. Works good. But I have to say the slower brew side is better. IMO
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I use my reloading scale to make my coffee water.

Ignore the bit about the the 10% solution nowadays I just make 3 x 5 gallon batches with big water cooler bottles and DI water at a time.

Attachment Attached File

My well water is 0 KH 0 GH so I do the top row, middle column on each
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
K-cups are adequate to get to work M-F.

But for “weekend coffee” I put in the effort to grind & French press
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I use 28 grams of coffee to a 16 ounce bottle of water
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I roast my own coffees. Currently liking Guatemalan, Honduran, and Costa Rican beans roasted just short of second crack.  I've tried light roasted beans dropped just after first crack and I don't care for them.  I don't particularly like french roast or vienna roast either - the charred taste doesn't work for me.

I use a chemex and brew 16:1 ish.  I use 22 grams coffee to 350 grams for 1 cup, 30 grams coffee to 480 grams h20 for my yeti mug.  If I'm stuck with brewing a full pot I'll go 80 grams to 1250 h20 in the moccamaster.  I also use a metal filter in the chemex - i prefer the oils and higher disolved solids over the heavily filtered coffee from chemex filters. I need to try the v60 one day.

I use the 4-6 method of pouring.  Basically 40 % of the water in 2 pours, then 60% of the water in 3 pours. The method was developed by Tetsu Kashua and won the brewers cup somewhere along the line.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't want to advertise but I roast coffee and have a company. If this ain't cool then delete it.
Redeemed Coffee Roasters
View Quote
For me, not only cool, but one of the perks of ARFCOM.  

I'm stocked up right now but I'll try to place an order when I start running low.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
k cups are just as good.

Lol at you goobers for getting out a chemistry set to make a cup of coffee.
View Quote

Far from a coffee snob (drip Folgers Gourmet Supreme mostly), but I can tell you two things for sure:  K cups are expensive, and I've never had a K cup brew that wasn't over extracted.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Psuedo coffee snob. I don't get into the ritual/process, but I want a better cup than pre ground beans bought off the store shelf will get. The whole bean coffees at Costco (I like the Mayorga and the Kona blends) are worth trying. I like french press coffee and my clever dripper makes a decent cup. I have a moccamaster, but in all honesty I can get nearly as good a cup out of a Mr. Coffee. with the right technique. One of the tricks is to not put in the carafe and let the coffee steep in the basket before allowing it to drip.  I've got a aeropress, but its too much damn trouble in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm no coffee snob but one thing is for sure. Maxwell house, Folgers and the like is absolute brown piss water and chock full of garbage. I'm not too picky but usually drink Seattles best organic dark. It's $6 for 12oz.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I just pulled a sealed bag of starbucks 2018 holiday blend whole beans out of my stash and ground some this morning.  I still have 3 or 4 bags to go before I start on the 2020 bags I just got a couple weeks ago.  I pick them up after the holidays for $5/lb (70% off) and got about 10 or so bags at $2 (90% off).
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just pulled a sealed bag of starbucks 2018 holiday blend whole beans out of my stash and ground some this morning.  I still have 3 or 4 bags to go before I start on the 2020 bags I just got a couple weeks ago.  I pick them up after the holidays for $5/lb (70% off) and got about 10 or so bags at $2 (90% off).
View Quote

Whole bean is good for a long time!

If you buy the pre-ground stuff your result may differ quite a bit
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a dual boiler for espresso, and roast my own beans.  Looking at upgrading to a flat burr grinder soon too.

At the moment, using a my own blend of Indian, Ethiopian, Costa Rican, Sulawesi beans
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top