BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Elitist, intellectual, moral relativists love to pretend the struggle between good and evil is pointless and symmetrical.  A position that is extremely self-serving as far as justifying weakness, compromise, and inaction.  A position extremely convenient if not essential for very bad people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I generally agree with you, however, reality is, the left and the right are not exact mirror opposites of each other. People on the right do denounce unjust violence, even when it's from their own people. People on the left....ehhh, not so much. And leftist violence tends to be done on much weaker justifications than right-wing violence (which until this point consists largely of one hour-long incident).

Your general tone, though, calling people to calm down and act better than the left, is admirable.

(I still think the left is overwhelmingly pro-communism and represent an existential threat to the nation we thought we lived in)

Elitist, intellectual, moral relativists love to pretend the struggle between good and evil is pointless and symmetrical.  A position that is extremely self-serving as far as justifying weakness, compromise, and inaction.  A position extremely convenient if not essential for very bad people.

You see a struggle between good and evil. I see a struggle between evil and evil.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You see no difference between a Department  store and the seat of the Legislature of the United States while it is in session certiying an election?

I mean come the fuck on. Thats not even touching the officer that was killed outside.

Neither action is okay, one is vastly worse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Capitol looked like the Target on Lake St in Minneapolis when BLM got done with it, I'd almost buy your shit argument. But there is ZERO fucking moral equivalence between the BLM riots and what happened at the Capitol. Nothing was burned, etc. Some candy ass fucking politicians got scared and shit their pants. Good.

You see no difference between a Department  store and the seat of the Legislature of the United States while it is in session certiying an election?

I mean come the fuck on. Thats not even touching the officer that was killed outside.

For describing that severity of a riot?  No, there is absolutely no difference.  Criminality is a separate issue, but I will say there was 1) less value to be stolen from the Capital, 2) less private property at risk, 3) it's not like there was a "nuke everything" button to guard to the death, or anything

It really boils down to really, really, really rude behavior.  And most importantly, rude behavior from people expected to be docile lambs, unlike BLM or Antifa.  THAT is what was so alarming to congress, and to those in this thread that are so offended.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You see a struggle between good and evil. I see a struggle between evil and evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I generally agree with you, however, reality is, the left and the right are not exact mirror opposites of each other. People on the right do denounce unjust violence, even when it's from their own people. People on the left....ehhh, not so much. And leftist violence tends to be done on much weaker justifications than right-wing violence (which until this point consists largely of one hour-long incident).

Your general tone, though, calling people to calm down and act better than the left, is admirable.

(I still think the left is overwhelmingly pro-communism and represent an existential threat to the nation we thought we lived in)

Like I said; moral relativism.  "We're not so different, you and I"

Sometimes evil does in fact need it's ass kicked.  But I suppose that viewpoint is "evil" to one so enlightened as yourself.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’ve been saying since 2002 that doing away with legal norms and civil liberties suspected “terrorists”, most especially US citizens, was a dangerous road, that eventually those tools would be in the hands of people who would label us as terrorists.

Got called a commie more than a few times.
View Quote

The so called patriot act.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Stupid. A few people on a forum held the same standard as all of MSM? Not even comparable nor significant.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
lol bait.

"follow orders!" "just do what you're told!"

still lol, still bait.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem is, you probably think the wrong one was worse.

Private property is worth protecting. The public place where evil people meet to carry out evil deeds against us, is worth much less protection, and perhaps shouldn't be protected at all.

Perhaps if there was *less* protection for the people therein, while they are working, they'd be less inclined to do so much evil.

(I'm not saying 1-6 was right. I'm saying private property, not a government snake den, is more foundational to our peaceful existence as a nation)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the strings of that struggle are being pulled by forces that want the two current teams to continue & escalate that struggle IMO.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I genuinely appreciate the fact that both sides are evil. But they aren't *equally* evil.

Warts and all, people could still more or less live under the right-wing version (vision?) of evil. The right may at times be stupid, crude, coarse, careless, amateur, and downright dumb.

But the alternative, the left, is evil, murderous, nihilistic, impossible to live under. I'll freely and happily criticize the right with you (even if we often disagree on where those criticisms lie). But give the left a couple years and we won't even be able to offer criticisms. There's a thread now where the governor (or was it lt. gov?) of PA is saying people shouldn't be allowed to talk about election fraud.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Disparate worldviews become problematic when you don't have the power and numbers to force the one you agree with upon others. The problem with that is, if you do have the power and ability, you cannot purport to support or believe in liberty while doing so.

The Left uses this to their advantage at every turn, while the Right expends as much energy as possible driving people away for not passing their chosen purity test of the month.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I maintain that all involved in the riots over the summer were assholes. That is not, surprisingly, a criminal offense. The ones that burned, looted, murdered, tore down statues, or assaulted others are surely guilty of various crimes, but the majority can only bear the title of "asshole".

The difference between then and now is that the 1/6 riot (and I will call it a riot) was one of the most damned peaceful riots I have ever seen. Yes some could be charged for assault or B&E. The majority barely even register farther than shouting at the congress that is supposed to represent them. That is not criminal or even malignant, it's politics.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I was against adopting the leftist tactics simply because it was a trap. The left firmly controls the press and social media so they control perception in a general sense.  I was more for covert action.

I learned that protests were a shitshow of overlapping agendas back in the 90’s when I went to protest KKK marches.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was against adopting the leftist tactics simply because it was a trap. The left firmly controls the press and social media so they control perception in a general sense.  I was more for covert action.
View Quote

Agreed. However, people who are heavily invested in their worldview without the ability to see outside of it are easily coerced into such traps by the jingoistic drumbeating of their "leaders" who turn on them the second the plan doesn't drive the desired results.

As we are seeing right now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Last summer, I got into several heated debates about the ongoing riots. There were some who stridently argued that ALL people involved in the BLM-type riots were commies, they all should know better, and therefore they were ALL guilty and deserving of the highest punishment, which included throwing them into ovens as one person claimed. I pointed out that using that standard, "our" side could be in real trouble and that I prefer to judge people individually for what they had or hadn't done, not by guilt by association. I was criticized by quite a few, and called a "commie" by several.

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types? Are we all Nazis? Should we have known better than to associate with conservatism? Should WE be thrown into ovens?

I maintain my original position: Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association. That is all...
View Quote
STOP.

Just STOP this nonsense of "well durr durr if our side did it..."

It's not about our side vs that side and some sort of false equivalence - its about good vs. evil.

That's right. Communists are inherently EVIL. Antifa, BLM, etc. all subscribe to Communist / Marxist ideology.

Our side des NOT. Our side subscribes primarily to the ideals of our founders and that of freedom, or personal responsibility for our own lives - the exact inverse of Communism. By nature that means GOOD.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing about "Oh well now the right did it so where are people screaming for blood now! Where's the police now?! Where's this or that now!?" It's such bullshit.

Two vastly different sides with two vastly different ideologies. One inherently good, one inherently evil.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tried to take a break from ARFcom, lasted only a few days.

Extremists are the problem... extremists on both sides.

Now we get an extreme Left Federal government that will lead to even more extreme Right people...

They are gonna burn this whole place down and take the majority middle out with them.
View Quote
I'd argue there's no extremists on the right in this point in time. At least not in significant numbers compared to the left. At all.

There's just those who want our country to continue to exist upon the foundation it was created upon. That means in strict adherence to the constitution and the principles of our founders. We want anyone else who wants to modify that to fuck right off and go elsewhere.

That's not "extremist" at all... and if there was an overwhelming violent response from the right to the left's actions, I wouldn't call it "extremism", I'd call it natural consequences.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because you're probably a person of weak morals and zero integrity who seeks to find significance in their life by being a contrarian, as they know they offer nothing else to society.

Which is pretty common today. So not very special by definition. Unremarkable really.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Capitol looked like the Target on Lake St in Minneapolis when BLM got done with it, I'd almost buy your shit argument. But there is ZERO fucking moral equivalence between the BLM riots and what happened at the Capitol. Nothing was burned, etc. Some candy ass fucking politicians got scared and shit their pants. Good.

Yes, the one involving arson. It wasn't just the Target, that was an example. It was several city blocks. They found bodies weeks later in basements when they were demoing the buildings, bet you never heard about that huh? People fucking cooked alive by these animals. I'm 25 miles away and I could smell the smoke for a goddamned week.

Are the congress cocksuckers any better than the people that got cooked in the basement of a liquor store? If someone cracked that cop over the head with a fire extinguisher he should be prosecuted. So should the cocksucker that shot Ashli Babbit.

So yeah, pardon me if I think mass arson is worse than stealing a podium or wiping a booger under Pelosi's desk.

Bottom line, before this summer I would have condemned the storming of the Capitol. But now? I don't give a fuck. The left has legitimized political violence and stolen an election, so what happens now is on them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
STOP.

It's not about our side vs that side and some sort of false equivalence - its about good vs. evil.

That's right. Communists are inherently EVIL. Antifa, BLM, etc. all subscribe to Communist / Marxist ideology.

Our side des NOT. Our side subscribes primarily to the ideals of our founders and that of freedom, or personal responsibility for our own lives - the exact inverse of Communism. By nature that means GOOD.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing about "Oh well now the right did it so where are people screaming for blood now! Where's the police now?! Where's this or that now!?" It's such bullshit.

Two vastly different sides with two vastly different ideologies. One inherently good, one inherently evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last summer, I got into several heated debates about the ongoing riots. There were some who stridently argued that ALL people involved in the BLM-type riots were commies, they all should know better, and therefore they were ALL guilty and deserving of the highest punishment, which included throwing them into ovens as one person claimed. I pointed out that using that standard, "our" side could be in real trouble and that I prefer to judge people individually for what they had or hadn't done, not by guilt by association. I was criticized by quite a few, and called a "commie" by several.

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types? Are we all Nazis? Should we have known better than to associate with conservatism? Should WE be thrown into ovens?

I maintain my original position: Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association. That is all...
STOP.

Well said.

For people that think it's all the same...go on, try to infiltrate or influence leftist institutions the way they did ours.  Tell us how successful you are.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Private property is worth protecting. The public place where evil people meet to carry out evil deeds against us, is worth much less protection, and perhaps shouldn't be protected at all.

Perhaps if there was *less* protection for the people therein, while they are working, they'd be less inclined to do so much evil.

(I'm not saying 1-6 was right. I'm saying private property, not a government snake den, is more foundational to our peaceful existence as a nation)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhhh, and here we have the truth and most important point.

If we cannot live in a nation where representatives are held to answer to the people they supposedly represent, then we do not live in the nation that was created by our founders.

Literally in our Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.--That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Doesn’t really matter what we said about them back then. Nothing would change the way they’re portraying this now. Nothing.

Your point is moot. Case closed. [gavel]BANG![gavel] NEXT!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#21]
What does the word Hypocrite mean to you?  

Have a Brother that has decided not to talk to me again because of just that reason.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
looks like this has been sticking in your craw for a while.

too long actually.

View Quote

This

Does your boyfriend get pissed when you bring up old problems just to prove he's wrong?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you haven't been keeping up, Antifa was responsible for the violence on Jan 6th, 2021.

https://noqreport.com/2021/01/15/james-brother-of-accused-leftist-provocateur-john-sullivan-claims-226-antifa-members-started-capitol-riots/

https://noqreport.com/2021/01/15/we-did-it-cnns-jade-sacker-caught-celebrating-with-blm-instigator-john-sullivan-during-capitol-riots/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I can smell the ignorant smugness of your post from here.

Comparing an ignorant rabid mob (that some here still want to blame on Leftist plants, as if we still can't come to grips with it) to the deliberate actions of colonial legislatures and established pillars of colonial society, just because you see yourself as aligned with that mob, is wishful thinking, not historical thinking

Hey guys, I'm not a Q-anon fucktard! I'm a spiritual heir of George fucking Washington himself!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd have to give a fuck about those people in order for their opinion of me to hold any water.

Besides, you should expect to be labeled "terrorist," "seditionist," "outlaw," "traitor," or whatever other term you choose if you go against the grain. Look at the founding of this country, all the redcoats and loyalists considered the Founders and those who supported independence as traitors to the crown, and they were dealt with accordingly. Same thing occurred going the other direction too, those who wanted independence considered the redcoats and loyalists opposition that needed to be overtaken, and violently, if necessary.

Realistically, both sides (the "lawful" and those "doing the needful," and I put it in quotations because they are not always the same, or mutually exclusive) should expect to be violently resisted by the opposition should they push too far. The fact that people are shocked the police fought back against citizens invading the Capitol makes me laugh just as much as the Congressmen & women running for their lives in terror; the only question there is to ask of either outraged party is "what the fuck did you guys think would happen?"

I'm the only one I know that is apparently both shocked the people who engaged in the smidge of violence at the Capitol weren't more violent, and that the police were also not more violent in attempting to repel them.

Shhhh. Some folks here don't like it when point out that their position would condemn the people that founded this country.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/371244/thatwasdifferent-1574084.gif

But it's not.

I can smell the ignorant smugness of your post from here.

Comparing an ignorant rabid mob (that some here still want to blame on Leftist plants, as if we still can't come to grips with it) to the deliberate actions of colonial legislatures and established pillars of colonial society, just because you see yourself as aligned with that mob, is wishful thinking, not historical thinking

Hey guys, I'm not a Q-anon fucktard! I'm a spiritual heir of George fucking Washington himself!

You can jerk yourself off as much as you want. Doesnt change that treason against the crown, regardless of whatever contrived novel justification you can make, is still treason.

But hey, the colonials wrote themselves a permission slip in direct contravention to the law and authority given to the legislatures by the Crown and Parliament.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I read the title and thought OP painted his house an ugly color.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

... but if they did, it was righteous and must be defended; even if five seconds ago it was tragic and clearly a "false flag."

We aren't dealing with reason here, only rationalization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s always amusing that any either side has some sort of protest that turns into a shit show, they always blame it on the other side sending in some agitators. As if no one on “their side” would ever do anything wrong lol

... but if they did, it was righteous and must be defended; even if five seconds ago it was tragic and clearly a "false flag."

We aren't dealing with reason here, only rationalization.

Well that worked when Paul Revere fake news'd a bunch of idiots throwing rocks and getting shot for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ahhhhh, and here we have the truth and most important point.

If we cannot live in a nation where representatives are held to answer to the people they supposedly represent, then we do not live in the nation that was created by our founders.

Literally in our Declaration of Independence:

View Quote

Its almost like you lot missed the election that resulted in the Rs picking up seats in that house. Its not okay to riot because you didnt like the results of the election. Doubles for killing an officer backed up against a wall. The actions on the 6th have more in common with a communist revolution than it did with the Declaration of Independence. Please stop wrapping yourself in the blanket of Revolution to defend the indefensible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

While the premise of individual judgment is sound, you're missing an extraordinary difference here that makes most BLM protestors complicit with riots in a way the Capitol protestors were not:

BLM supporters kept going back night after night for MONTHS, after the pattern of violent rioting was well-established.  In contrast, we saw a small percentage of Trump supporters riot at a protest of hundreds of thousands (and it's not even clear yet what the balance was between our guys and provocateurs).  It ended after a few hours, and we've been tripping over ourselves so hard to denounce the violence that we need to seriously regroup before we can hope to organize another protest at all.

The two situations aren't even close to comparable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's the difference:

1. Show me where DJT has celebrated what happened at the Capitol and called for more
2. Show me where tech companies have amplified the gripes of the MAGA crowd, called for nationwide understanding, and generated astroturfed trends supporting it
3. Show me where the Republican Party comes out en bloc condemning the Capitol Police for being unnecessarily violent and murdering people, and called rioting healthy democracy
4. Show me where elected representatives have called for throwing molotov cocktails at the White House when Biden is inaugurated and stalking and harassing his cabinet
5. Show me where elected representatives have expressed exasperation that there aren't armed uprisings like this going on all over the country

Because I can show you all of that and from the Democrats, from bloggers up to the Speaker of the House.

Fanning the flames of political violence begets more of it from the other side, no matter how peaceful they might be from the start. For fuck's sake, did no one live through the 20th century or get raised by someone who did, or something?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's not about reaping or sowing.  It's about  winning and losing.  
It matters not how much you stick to "the high road" to the marxists.
When you lose to Marxists you pay the price we are paying.  
No appealing to we were "dignified" and you weren't is going to matter.

The commies laugh and view it as weakness.
View Quote
You're exactly right.

They're (leftists) completely without honor or morals, so for them it's only whether you win or lose, and if you lose, you don't just lose, you get punished for losing, then you get punished for being a loser, then you get silenced because losers don't get a say.  Then you get destroyed financially because you're a scumbag loser, then.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#31]
@Zhukov is wrong.

While I can wholely say that violence is not my preferred method of political discourse, Zhukov takes a position founded in idealism and skipping an entire year of the Overton Window being opened up, never mind the last decade.

Bush was in office, everyone was retarded warmongers following the monkey-Bush president. Burning the flag was acceptable, but protesting was to remain mostly peaceful. Coverage strictly one sided, few arrested.

Obama was in office, everyone who disagreed was racists. Those on the left were standing up for justice, and the "few trouble makers" were quietly dealt with, though mainly with kids gloves. Those on the right were racist trouble makers. Gun owners were racist while filming a black man carrying a rifle, with the zoom fully on the rifle so as not to see the black man carrying it.

Trump gets in office, protesting becomes a , "duty and obligation". The coverage of protests are overwhelmingly positive. Media carried hateful messaging to the people in a decidedly one directional matter. A baseball game was shot up by a deranged leftist and that single person,once linked, became 'not what we stand for, SEE LOOK WE SAID WE DON'T CONDOM IT' only to go right back into the political rhetoric. A Supreme Court Justice had a kangaroo court, complete with false accusations getting full prime time coverage without an iota of evidence. But don't worry, the media did their job to insulate the Democrat party members and ensure positive coverage to the left.

Fires erupted behind news reporters and Governors surveying damage were forced to flee. Attacks on Trump supporters were normalized. Kidnapping kids was treated like Jaywalking. State AGs ensured that rioters were let out of jail, uncharged. An organized resistance to law and order was formed, complete with phone numbers to lawyers funded by the Vice President and her staff. Hell, we weren't even allowed to ask about protesting for the purpose of COVID tracking.

That "normal and acceptable" form of protest was now violence. Violence against the community, the police, and the opposite political side. Murder in the street due to political leaning did not start with the right.

On 1/6 the Right walked through the window the Left opened and they were shocked. Only this time it wasn't the local Stop and Rob convenience store being burned. It wasn't the local hair salon being robbed, or the show store, or Best Buy and Walmart. It wasn't the police, white people, or the statues of long dead Americans being hit. The anger, through the window, was directed at  a legislature that had investigated ever nose hair on Trump but refused to look at massive voting irregularity. A judicial branch that has seen every "voter suppression" case they could find, but refused to hear last minute changes to State constitutions without the consent of the people.

With the anger being directed at them, the minions of Congress got scared and now we see the result. A combined effort to get the serfs in line.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There was more than one? What happened at the capitol amounts to 4 years of Antifa/BLM riots? Are we talking about the same thing here?
View Quote
No shit. Also, "we" were already all white supremacist, racist, nazi's well before the Capitol "riots".

We have been for at least 12 years now.
Damn, try to keep up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

*lalallalalalalala it’s different when it’s them lalalalalalalalalalala shut up shut up shut up lalallalalalala*
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
lol

You can't just waltz into GD with common sense. It doesn't fucking work that way.
View Quote

Did that happen in this thread? I must have missed it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean rational justice? Is that a thing anymore?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This has to be a troll thread. Have you paid attention at all?

The left steamrolled over every conservative and republican with impunity literally because they called every single person who wasn't hard left a Nazi or racist or whatever.

Enjoy your loser logic as the GOPe and principled conservatives like yourself continue to get deplatformed, their rights restricted, and shouted out of the room.

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I’ve been saying since 2002 that doing away with legal norms and civil liberties suspected “terrorists”, most especially US citizens, was a dangerous road, that eventually those tools would be in the hands of people who would label us as terrorists.

Got called a commie more than a few times.
View Quote

To whom did you say these things?  Other arfcommers?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dear left what happened with ACAB?
Dear right what happened to blue lives matter?
View Quote

Nothing changed for "the left." ACAB and defund & Reform types are also pointing out how quickly blue lives didn't matter to the people who accused reformers of hating police.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Zhukov is wrong.

While I can wholely say that violence is not my preferred method of political discourse, Zhukov takes a position founded in idealism and skipping an entire year of the Overton Window being opened up, never mind the last decade.

Bush was in office, everyone was retarded warmongers following the monkey-Bush president. Burning the flag was acceptable, but protesting was to remain mostly peaceful. Coverage strictly one sided, few arrested.

Obama was in office, everyone who disagreed was racists. Those on the left were standing up for justice, and the "few trouble makers" were quietly dealt with, though mainly with kids gloves. Those on the right were racist trouble makers. Gun owners were racist while filming a black man carrying a rifle, with the zoom fully on the rifle so as not to see the black man carrying it.

Trump gets in office, protesting becomes a , "duty and obligation". The coverage of protests are overwhelmingly positive. Media carried hateful messaging to the people in a decidedly one directional matter. A baseball game was shot up by a deranged leftist and that single person,once linked, became 'not what we stand for, SEE LOOK WE SAID WE DON'T CONDOM IT' only to go right back into the political rhetoric. A Supreme Court Justice had a kangaroo court, complete with false accusations getting full prime time coverage without an iota of evidence. But don't worry, the media did their job to insulate the Democrat party members and ensure positive coverage to the left.

Fires erupted behind news reporters and Governors surveying damage were forced to flee. Attacks on Trump supporters were normalized. Kidnapping kids was treated like Jaywalking. State AGs ensured that rioters were let out of jail, uncharged. An organized resistance to law and order was formed, complete with phone numbers to lawyers funded by the Vice President and her staff. Hell, we weren't even allowed to ask about protesting for the purpose of COVID tracking.

That "normal and acceptable" form of protest was now violence. Violence against the community, the police, and the opposite political side. Murder in the street due to political leaning did not start with the right.

On 1/6 the Right walked through the window the Left opened and they were shocked. Only this time it wasn't the local Stop and Rob convenience store being burned. It wasn't the local hair salon being robbed, or the show store, or Best Buy and Walmart. It wasn't the police, white people, or the statues of long dead Americans being hit. The anger, through the window, was directed at  a legislature that had investigated ever nose hair on Trump but refused to look at massive voting irregularity. A judicial branch that has seen every "voter suppression" case they could find, but refused to hear last minute changes to State constitutions without the consent of the people.

With the anger being directed at them, the minions of Congress got scared and now we see the result. A combined effort to get the serfs in line.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh. Any democrat these days is a piece of fucking garbage in my book.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Dupitude
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@Zhukov is wrong.

View Quote

Quoted for emphasis. Best response in the thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Does this look like a modern version of the Founding Fathers to you?

https://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/7/1/0/763710.jpg
View Quote

" />
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@Zhukov is wrong.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhh. Some folks here don't like it when point out that their position would condemn the people that founded this country.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/371244/thatwasdifferent-1574084.gif

But it's not.

They dressed up as natives when they destroyed the king's property. Now, that guy might be a Qtard, but if going by looks, I'm not so sure that's an argument you want to make.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Attachment Attached File

Smartest Guys In The Room are really getting their asses kicked in this thread. It's glorious.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
lol

You can't just waltz into GD with common sense. It doesn't fucking work that way.
View Quote

This a million times over.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top