Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Report hostile behavior to management. They should suspend his account for confronting people
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone at the gym except to say excuse me or thanks.

Having a full on political conversation at the GYM? That's just weird. Da fuk

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Talk to the gym management and say he is being disruptive to you and others.

Fuck him.
View Quote

I think the proper wording would be "hostile environment that you do not feel safe in"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Spot him and pee on him to establish dominance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Record him

Demand refund of YOUR membership from gym management - then go elsewhere
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
What part of MO?

I'll come wear some MAGA gear and have a blast.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Report him to management as harassing and a hostile environment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought all the late 60s hippies were boomers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liberals discovering the people around them that voted for Trump are like Boomers discovering the people around them that smoke weed.

They think it's some distant boogie man, hiding in the shadows, raping your dogs.

I thought all the late 60s hippies were boomers?

That's kind of my point, weed smokers everywhere, the non smokers thought NO ONE was smoking except hippies, meanwhile Susie homemaker was high as fuck.

Just like Liberals think only actual Nazis vote for Trump, except they're surrounded by them and don't know it.  Friends, family, siblings, bosses, coworkers, etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Kick a knee out from under him while he's doing squats with an injurious level of weight on the bar.

... if the pussy even lifts like that
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Ignore him.

If he gets in your face, correct his behavior.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's your chance to live in this idiots head rent free.

Trump gear every workout. Laugh in his face, this pisses morons off better than a face punch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
why haven't you reported him to the management already?  Fuck that drama

You think he wouldn't have already thrown you under the bus in the roles were reversed? Stop treating these deranged liberals with kit gloves. Ruin their lives like they'd gleefully ruin yours.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Also OP work on your resting bitch face. No one talks to me because my eyes look like I’m dead on the inside. Or get bigger. No one really approaches the guy that benches 405 and can deadlift a truck
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Put you headphones on and ignore him. You're not changing his mind and he's not changing yours so pretend he doesn't even exist.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#15]
He probably doesn't realize it either but he wants to fuck you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Ask him if we wants to be like his God Biden and take you behind the gym to beat you up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I need the hives thoughts!

There’s a toxic liberal at my gym.  Practically every day he’s been in the gym for the past three months he wants to talk politics, ranting & raving, cussing up a storm like it proves his point more, about Trump and his supporters.  He’s said “true Americans vote democrat”, that he “bought a 9mm because some Trump supporter might rape his daughter”, “people who support Trump are nazis”, and that “no true Christian would support Trump.”

I’ve never engaged before and he had no idea I was a conservative until... I told him to his face when he asked last weekend who I voted for after one of his usual tirades.  It blew his mind that I wasn’t liberal; he had no idea and didn’t see that coming lol.  

Now I’m not at the gym to talk except saying the usual friendly things to the regulars you see all the time.  I’m there to workout as it’s a gym, not a chat session.  

I think it’s a safe bet that he’s going to keep bringing it up as he said last week he’s going out of his way to “call out” anyone who supported President Trump.  He got into a cussing match with one other member that I’ve heard of over it, but I wasn’t there that day.  

I’m thinking, nope, you’re not going to heckle me.  My beliefs are not up for debate to anyone, least of all to someone like him.

When he brings it up this weekend I plan to tell him that it’s a gym, not a political forum, that I’m there to workout, and ask him if he can respect my wishes and agree to disagree.  Something tells me this unhinged fellow isn’t going to leave it be.

Should I:
1. Ignore him, put the headphones in, and workout.  
2. Quietly record audio of him lose his mind & play it to management and get his membership terminated - which would likely lead to me having to switch gyms since I don’t want my car vandalized as he’ll know it was me.  Recording laws in my state appear to allow this.
3. Something else?
View Quote

Get the fucker thrown out. Have them trespass him so he can even hit parking lot legally.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Just make sure he gets Red flagged.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Join a gym that is also a gun range. Good practice for strength training and marksmanship.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What part of MO?

I'll come wear some MAGA gear and have a blast.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm game. Guessing it must be some kind of shithole if the offensive liberal hasn't been disposed of already.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Out cheap dash cams all around car facing out.

oust him with management.

get him cuffed and stuffed for getting at your car (if it's a beater)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Join a gym that is also a gun range. Good practice for strength training and marksmanship.
View Quote

Is this a thing?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#23]
CoC
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Head on over to the squat rack and do some curls.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do we have one of those? I've always thought we needed one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Put you headphones on and ignore him. You're not changing his mind and he's not changing yours so pretend he doesn't even exist.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly and how I’ve operated over the last three months.  I just workout and he brings it up anytime he’s nearby.  I was honestly laughing inside that he was so clueless that I had the opposite beliefs as him.  

I usually don’t wear headphones when lifting, just during cardio.  Guess I’ll need to change that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. stop turning the other cheek and ignoring these assholes. It's time to fight dirty like they do. Get him thrown out of the gym, get him fired and red flag him.  It's no less than he'd gleefully do to any one of us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#29]
If you want to screw with him, laugh at him whenever he starts spouting his crap. Make fun of him and say you feel sorry for him, it must be tough to be so emotionally screwed up that he has to say those things...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#30]
20 years ago, you could beat his ass.. He would shut up and move on.. Now you will go to prison for a hate crime..
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Out cheap dash cams all around car facing out.

oust him with management.

get him cuffed and stuffed for getting at your car (if it's a beater)
View Quote

I have a dash cam already, but just one.  The car is a 2020 though... so I’d prefer it not be sacrificed!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd fuck with him.

Next time you see him, tell him you voted Biden and you don't know what the hell he's talking about.
Week after that, tell him you're a proud Trump supporter and you don't know what he's talking about.
Week after that, say Biden is already looking to be the greatest POTUS of all time and will be even better than Obama.
After that....

Well you get the idea. He won't know what to believe. If he calls you out on this? "Shit, I didn't know my twin brother started working out here too!!"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Tell him it's still a free country (despite the efforts of the people he votes for), and that you're not going to get in his face and harass him with your views.    But that if he harasses you, you will have him "canceled", because you are there to work out and not get harassed by anyone, no matter their beliefs or opinions.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#34]
You know the only real option is to jump him and post pics off his bloodied fave
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Talk to management about him.  You feel he is threatening you and other gym members.  Mention the issue of the gym's liability if he attacks anyone, since now they know that he has threatening behavior and is verbally abusing members.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Kick his ass, Sea Bass.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like planet fitness lol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Hope you carry a gun while you work out... He seems manic...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Tell him " I come here to work out, not talk to people. Please respect my wishes".   Why make it difficult?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#40]
LOL

red flag him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.  Post on youtube.
View Quote

Post it on Rumble for all to enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#42]
reply with "sorry man i dont talk about politics or religion" leave it at that he'll get the hint or not
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]
I wouldn't ask him to spot for me.

Get him on camera & video liked he'd do to you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Yep, say something subtle to set him off. Biden's a Pedo, Kamala became VP on her knees, etc etc.

Have someone else as an interested unaffiliate 3rd party just happen to get his rant on tape.

Youtube title Male(?) Karen rant at Gym

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Find a gym where people go to workout and not jaw jack.

View Quote

I used to call them "Weight Watchers"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Kill him...
with kindness.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Anything you say will justify violence in his mind. Don't engage.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Talk to the gym management and say he is being disruptive to you and others.

Fuck him.
View Quote

Lots of gym threads today...but yes, this.

You paid to use the gym facilities not listen to some dude run his cockholster. Bring it up to the management.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quietly put a TRUMP 2020 sticker on his bumper?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top