Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone install an emulator and run it on their computer?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
seemed interesting at first until i read the white paper
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What about it I bad?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What about it I bad?
wouldn't call it bad, its just not for me.

the info how the system is set up to be the opposite of bitcoin, where bitcoin had a set amount and the early adopters were rewarded the most.
where as this one only gives a 'sense' of scarcity, because for each person who signs up they are assigned a limited amount that they can mine (it doesn't say how much)

also theres the 3 phase info... i dont know which phase its on now, but phase 1 is a emulation of the system

phase 2 is a test net with a test version of the coin

and phase 3 says people will get their emulated and test coins converted over but only for people that validate their real identity (thats a no from me dawg)

people who don't verify/dupe accounts get their coins discarded.

M - Mining Supply (Based on fixed mining supply minted per person)

In contrast to Bitcoin which created a fixed supply of coins for the entire global population, Pi creates a fixed supply of Pi for each person that joins the network up to the first 100 Million participants. In other words, for each person that joins the Pi Network, a fixed amount of Pi is pre-minted. This supply is then released over the lifetime of that member based on their level of engagement and contribution to network security. The supply is released using an exponentially decreasing function similar to Bitcoin's over the member's lifetime.

Phase 3 - Mainnet

When the community feels the software is ready for production, and it has been thoroughly tested on the testnet, the official mainnet of the Pi network will be launched. An important detail is that, in the transition into the mainnet, only accounts validated to belong to distinct real individuals will be honored. After this point, the faucet and Pi network emulator of Phase 1 will be shut down and the system will continue on its own forever. Future updates to the protocol will be contributed by the Pi developer community and Pi's core team, and will be proposed by the committee. Their implementation and deployment will depend on nodes updating the mining software just like any other blockchains. No central authority will be controlling the currency and it will be fully decentralized. Balances of fake users or duplicate users will be discarded. This is the phase when Pi can be connected to exchanges and be exchanged for other currencies.
Pi, on the other hand, seeks to strike a balance between creating a sense of scarcity for Pi, while still ensuring that a large amount does not accumulate into a very small number of hands.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Invite Code:jm159
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
anyone install an emulator and run it on their computer?
View Quote

Hmm?

I bet Bluestacks or Nox would work might have to test that out.

Can you make more by having it on multiple devices?

Could potently have it on a phone, tablet and PC at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the info how the system is set up to be the opposite of bitcoin, where bitcoin had a set amount and the early adopters were rewarded the most.
where as this one only gives a 'sense' of scarcity, because for each person who signs up they are assigned a limited amount that they can mine (it doesn't say how much)

also theres the 3 phase info... i dont know which phase its on now, but phase 1 is a emulation of the system

and phase 3 says people will get their emulated and test coins converted over but only for people that validate their real identity (thats a no from me dawg)

View Quote

Yea no, now it sounds like a honey pot to get peoples real information.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Referral:    OGuiness
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/BLKVooDoo and use my username (BLKVooDoo) as your invitation code.
View Quote

I signed up under you. I used my gamer tag tho lol. KC Weapon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I would love an invite as well if anyone has a spare, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/BLKVooDoo and use my username (BLKVooDoo) as your invitation code.

For those who don't know, you have to use your real name in the first or last name fields. If not you will not be able to cash out in Phase 2 when it gets there.

Under the settings you can hide all of your personal information if you like.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
It appears to be a legitimate enterprise from everything I could read online that wasn't simply promotion crap from users. Whether it works out or not will remain to be seen for quite a while. I figure its worth a shot. Could be the next Bitcoin, or could be a bust but it seems easy and doesn't cost anything to try (at least at this point).

https://minepi.com

Invitation code: westonoto99

No need to wait for an invite PM

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, I'll give it a shot.

Invite code: MuricanPi
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Invitation code: piraif
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I read where some folks were frustrated that it hasn't "done much" in 6 months.  I didn't think bitcoin would be anything either.. so there's that

invite referral code - nateofthenorth
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#15]
invite code: arfpiguy
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
use my username thelaxman09 as your invitation code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Code: unamusedbanana
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
code: mpatch
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Invite code:
TheBrit
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#20]
invite code: thisisstupid
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#21]
invite please
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess the real money is all of the tracking that they can sell to the data brokers.  Funny, that it has to be an app on a device.  How much can a battery operated phone mine.  Sounds like BS to me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#23]
My invite code is TomMac2021.
I suppose the next step would be for a bunch of us to set up a security circle and start earning at the contributor level in addition to the pioneer level.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Invite code: pacer925
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. I used to play BF4 hardcore with you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Wait wait wait. What's going on up in here?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d appreciate an invite
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Pick me!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Code LArifleMAN
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh hell, why not. Invite please. Maybe in ten years I can use this crypto to buy a membership.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#32]
*cough*
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Back in the day I used to think antivirus software would be an excellent means to provide command and control of a highly distributed computing base, or simply privileged access to systems/data... /wave Kaspersky.

Then Google cames along, gmail and such... I thought, "What if it was a front for a state actor?  Vetting your searches, scanning your email and documents?"  

Mobile phones provide convenient services for users and those who would track them.  I've seen them coined "mobile monitoring stations" and such.  We've seen this exploited for exactly this many times over the last several years.

Anyway, I'm highly reluctant to install apps on my phone.  Anyone run this in an emulator, vetted the software, reversed the APK, reviewed telemetry?  Source available?  

ETA: Yeah, my tin-foil is on pretty tight, and the timing is interesting, or maybe I'm just behind the times...

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I guess the real money is all of the tracking that they can sell to the data brokers.  Funny, that it has to be an app on a device.  How much can a battery operated phone mine.  Sounds like BS to me.
View Quote

yah it says it doesn't drain any battery and you never have to open it, it just runs in the background.

the stuff about it pre-minting a fixed amount of pi when a user account is created made me think it prolly just gives you coins on a time base scale.

theres also some fun stuff in there about how there's going to be an opt-in advertising watching thing in the app, so people can get paid in pi to watch ads.  while the people running the app rake in ad sense money.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I will take one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Resetbutton
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#37]
2themoonpi
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Every one make sure to hide your real name.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#39]
BigShot64 is my invite code for anyone who needs it
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Trying to learn more about the company behind it.
One of the key people (Community manager) is not a fan of Trump

(cold link)
https://twitter.com/vincemcp

May be this good sign for some members here.. and not good for the others.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#41]
invite code: compta38
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

I'll stay with BTC, ETH, 0x.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Gold is a store of value.
Country currency is backed by the taxpayers full faith in the government, and the central bank gives you an IOU for having the country currency.
How do these digitally created (mined) cryptocurrencies' engender value for store of wealth that you can trade for goods and services, or pay taxes?
Any tip to a website explaining the value store of crypto is appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Any chance I can get one too?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Invite Code:jm159
View Quote

thanks, used this one
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#47]
If I’m not to late to the party
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If I’m not to late to the party
View Quote

Code: thelaxman09
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll take one
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Link to sign up (Username: Kamzilla)

https://www.minepi.com/kamzilla
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top