Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys are missing the greatest car to ever live

Behold the MFB! https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/244505/0626580D-0BC3-4B6B-AE49-FF12B1BF6E61_jpe-1793823.JPG
View Quote

Awesome episode.

My kids LOVE that show, we watch reruns of their old shows all the time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Been following this guy for a few years, TJ Russel. He used to do fab work for Singer out of his own shop for almost 10yrs but has been working on the "Baja 911" for a couple years. Debuted at SEMA in 2019.
A lifted widebody 911 made for the dunes - The Baja 911 Russell Built

All one off, hand built. Moderately equipped you're spending about half a mil.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Now you are talking my language

I had a 1995 740i, 235/60R16....very good looking car. Rode like a dream. tire and wheels looked good too

https://www.newcartestdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/1999/11/740car.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that you Matt Farrah?

Matt Farrah is a retarded d-bag.

I enjoy his takes on cars, but the guy seriously has issues with projection. He also lived a sheltered life inside a bubble and you can tell by the retarded stuff he says about society and politics.

I remember him saying that he went to a bar in the middle of no where in the states and that he thought people were looking at him funny because he was a middle eastern looking person.

They were probably looking at you because you obviously weren't from there and didn't want to associate with the locals.

Agree 100%. He just looks like a typical fat american dude. anything else is looking to be offended.

Typically enjoy his take on a middling amount of vehicles, outside of that his opinions are shit and he's from New York.

Main complaint with him on cars is he has the "this 4 door sedan does not handle enough like a sports car, therefore it is not a good car." This take over the last 30 years from automotive journalists has resulted in every car (if they even still exist) trying to be "nimble, tight, road hugging, etc etc" sports-car like and has ruined sedans IMO. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. Do not buy a full size sedan expecting it to behave like a 911.

Good example of this thinking is his one-take vid on the Gladiator Mojave a couple of months ago. Praised almost everything about it, but still didn't like it because it wasn't as fast or comfortable as a Raptor.

It’s all so tiresome. Sedans have been ruined by 1/2 of exactly what you are saying and 1/2 by the trend of bigger and bigger wheels. They put 20”+ wheels and super low profile tires on every luxury sedan then try to engineer their way out terrible rife quality with complex and costly suspension when some 16-18” wheels and tall tires would alleviate all of the problems to beginning with.

Or if car manufacturers really want to have big wheels just put air bags on all 4 corners and license mag ride from GM.

Boom done.

Still needlessly complex and expensive. I recently road in a really nice all original 1998 BMW 740 and it was great, 16” or 17” wheels, normal suspension and enough power and brakes for everyday use. It didn’t need trick modern mag ride suspension or 10 different driving modes.

I had a 1995 740i, 235/60R16....very good looking car. Rode like a dream. tire and wheels looked good too

My Monica’s

Current ride is a DTS on 235/55R17’s I would kind of like to get a set of performance model 18’s for it I ever came across some, but much more than that would be detrimental. It’s exactly what a big American car should be, cushy, adequate V8 power, and awesome on the highway.

Previous Charger on 20’s wasn’t bad ride wise, but certainly a slightly different class of car and was set up differently from the start.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, I enjoy his TST vids but I can’t stomach his podcasts, he tries to sound like he’s smart but he’s really an idiot, then he mentions politics and it explains everything. He’s basically a rich kid whose parents told him he’s better than everyone else and he believes it.
To be fair, he has accomplish far more than I, so maybe I’m the idiot.
View Quote

He is a pompous asshole.  I lol'd when he got so butt hurt he shut comments off on instagram.  I liked him alot more when he was smoking weed.

That said he seems like a pretty good driver.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Because they are pampered by rich guys driving them as a status symbol, have cost various owners a king's ransom in upkeep, and the 80s 911SC was built quite solid.  The type of bogus issues that are discovered after production for owners to deal with is insane for what they cost.  911 S 2.7 liter head warping due to dissimilar metals & cooling properties, the more recent IMS bearing issue plaguing cars in early 2000s, all the plastic coolant parts on Cayennes, etc. For the dollar and maintenance, Id go BMW or Mercedes hence forth.  How many Audis from the 80s and 90s do you still see on the road?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because they are pampered by rich guys driving them as a status symbol, have cost various owners a king's ransom in upkeep, and the 80s 911SC was built quite solid.  The type of bogus issues that are discovered after production for owners to deal with is insane for what they cost.  911 S 2.7 liter head warping due to dissimilar metals & cooling properties, the more recent IMS bearing issue plaguing cars in early 2000s, all the plastic coolant parts on Cayennes, etc. For the dollar and maintenance, Id go BMW or Mercedes hence forth.  How many Audis from the 80s and 90s do you still see on the road?
View Quote

I’m bit a rich guy who pampered my 2000 996 at all. I shoved pelican cases, lumber, rifles, etc in there Ana daily drove it. I’ll do it again although with 991. They are just reliable and great cars.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather have a Rally Fighter.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m bit a rich guy who pampered my 2000 996 at all. I shoved pelican cases, lumber, rifles, etc in there Ana daily drove it. I’ll do it again although with 991. They are just reliable and great cars.
View Quote

The 996 is considered one of the 911s to avoid like the plague.  Not only the IMS issue, but all the climate control plastics that will cost a fortune to replace as they fail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The 996 is considered one of the 911s to avoid like the plague.  Not only the IMS issue, but all the climate control plastics that will cost a fortune to replace as they fail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s why they are so cheap. The IMS issue is a quick fix and once it’s done it’s good for life with it.

The only plastic that broke in mine was the center console and that’s because I accidentally hit it while open with a rifle case.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#10]
If funds were available
I'd build this...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The E38 was a fantastic car, well built too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He is a pompous asshole.  I lol'd when he got so butt hurt he shut comments off on instagram.  I liked him alot more when he was smoking weed.

That said he seems like a pretty good driver.
View Quote

Funny you say that, he said in a podcast once that he can't handle the comments people make about him being stupid. LOL!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a Porsche fan but I really like it !

Can't imagine how much that cost to build though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I sill want a Rally Fighter,
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Legit 911 rally cars were around long before him and they will be around long after the fad is over.

Here’s 2:55 of Richard behind the wheel of the Singer. Pure awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG58pnV3u8I
View Quote

What was up with all the misfires as he accelerated out of turns?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#16]
That thing is ugly as fuck.  Something goes seriously wrong with the Porsche aesthetic when it’s not slammed on the ground. Sure, it’s technically interesting , but it’s’ still an abomination.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My Monica’s

Current ride is a DTS on 235/55R17’s I would kind of like to get a set of performance model 18’s for it I ever came across some, but much more than that would be detrimental. It’s exactly what a big American car should be, cushy, adequate V8 power, and awesome on the highway.

Previous Charger on 20’s wasn’t bad ride wise, but certainly a slightly different class of car and was set up differently from the start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that you Matt Farrah?

I enjoy his takes on cars, but the guy seriously has issues with projection. He also lived a sheltered life inside a bubble and you can tell by the retarded stuff he says about society and politics.

I remember him saying that he went to a bar in the middle of no where in the states and that he thought people were looking at him funny because he was a middle eastern looking person.

They were probably looking at you because you obviously weren't from there and didn't want to associate with the locals.

Agree 100%. He just looks like a typical fat american dude. anything else is looking to be offended.

Typically enjoy his take on a middling amount of vehicles, outside of that his opinions are shit and he's from New York.

Main complaint with him on cars is he has the "this 4 door sedan does not handle enough like a sports car, therefore it is not a good car." This take over the last 30 years from automotive journalists has resulted in every car (if they even still exist) trying to be "nimble, tight, road hugging, etc etc" sports-car like and has ruined sedans IMO. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. Do not buy a full size sedan expecting it to behave like a 911.

Good example of this thinking is his one-take vid on the Gladiator Mojave a couple of months ago. Praised almost everything about it, but still didn't like it because it wasn't as fast or comfortable as a Raptor.

It’s all so tiresome. Sedans have been ruined by 1/2 of exactly what you are saying and 1/2 by the trend of bigger and bigger wheels. They put 20”+ wheels and super low profile tires on every luxury sedan then try to engineer their way out terrible rife quality with complex and costly suspension when some 16-18” wheels and tall tires would alleviate all of the problems to beginning with.

Or if car manufacturers really want to have big wheels just put air bags on all 4 corners and license mag ride from GM.

Boom done.

Still needlessly complex and expensive. I recently road in a really nice all original 1998 BMW 740 and it was great, 16” or 17” wheels, normal suspension and enough power and brakes for everyday use. It didn’t need trick modern mag ride suspension or 10 different driving modes.

My Monica’s

DTS is a highway cruiser for sure.

I wonder what they make these days that is the closest to the big sedan like you have.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just make your own pieces to replace with a 3d printer
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legit 911 rally cars were around long before him and they will be around long after the fad is over.

I think it was just hitting the rev limiter.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wonder what they make these days that is the closest to the big sedan like you have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that you Matt Farrah?

Boom done.

My Monica’s

CT6 (god the naming nomenclature is awful) is their last fullsize sedan and close dimension-wise. Definitely has the stage presence as compared to the smaller cars their lineup, but they killed production in '20 IIRC, and shot themselves in the foot with canceling the blackwing TT V8. Typical GM being GM
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

CT6 (god the naming nomenclature is awful) is their last fullsize sedan and close dimension-wise. Definitely has the stage presence as compared to the smaller cars their lineup, but they killed production in '20 IIRC, and shot themselves in the foot with canceling the blackwing TT V8. Typical GM being GM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that you Matt Farrah?

Boom done.

My Monica’s

Yeah I really don't understand that one...they came out with the pretty rad engine, then shit can it. I can only imagine, they are gonna use it elsewhere?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I want to see Richard Hammond destroy it
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah I really don't understand that one...they came out with the pretty rad engine, then shit can it. I can only imagine, they are gonna use it elsewhere?
View Quote

Likely a testbed/crossbreeding for future powerplant(s) in the C8. Not unusual with the intertwining of Cadillac and Corvette powertrain engineering such as the LT5(ZR-1)/Northstar and lessons learned into the LS engine series.

Or at least used to not be unusual, now that ICE is being shown the door probably the last to happen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Likely a testbed/crossbreeding for future powerplant(s) in the C8. Not unusual with the intertwining of Cadillac and Corvette powertrain engineering such as the LT5(ZR-1)/Northstar and lessons learned into the LS engine series.

Or at least used to not be unusual, now that ICE is being shown the door probably the last to happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we are going to get really awesome ICE powertrain options fairly soon, the reason I say that is when all the appliances on 4 wheels go full EV, then that frees up a lot of CAFE points to make a rowdy ICE powered sports car.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think we are going to get really awesome ICE powertrain options fairly soon, the reason I say that is when all the appliances on 4 wheels go full EV, then that frees up a lot of CAFE points to make a rowdy ICE powered sports car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some positive thinking, that's nice these days
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys are missing the greatest car to ever live

Behold the MFB! https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/244505/0626580D-0BC3-4B6B-AE49-FF12B1BF6E61_jpe-1793823.JPG
View Quote

pirate hunter
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhh.  Makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agree. Losing sight of "target consumer" in reviewing a vehicle seems to be a fault that many automotive journalists fall into(everything from top gear to youtubers). I can definitely see how it occurs, exposure to 200-400K or even 100K cars then rolling back into a pedestrian 35K compact SUV could play havoc on perception. Matt does seem at least cognizant of this at times, and occasionally say things such as "good for this price point, etc"

He is by far the most obnoxious car person to listen to I have ever come across. Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly...but he has that "i am special" mentality, which works great in NYC and LA when your dad is a famous CEO, but in the sticks, no one gives a fuck.

Maybe that was his problem. I mean, I look like a spanish guy and I sound funny when I talk. No one ever wanted to beat me up or give me the stink eye when I have traveled all over.

You are right...I think the only 4 door sedan he ever liked was the last gen CTS-V.

What really made me realize he wasn't thinking things through is when he compares the fit and finnish of a new $60,000 corvette to a $120,000 Porsche. Goes on and on about how the QC is that much better at Porsche and that the Porsche factory is awesome bowling green is shit.

Well no fucking shit Matt, the Porsche costs twice as much

Agree. Losing sight of "target consumer" in reviewing a vehicle seems to be a fault that many automotive journalists fall into(everything from top gear to youtubers). I can definitely see how it occurs, exposure to 200-400K or even 100K cars then rolling back into a pedestrian 35K compact SUV could play havoc on perception. Matt does seem at least cognizant of this at times, and occasionally say things such as "good for this price point, etc"

Quoted:
Doug has aspbergers or autistic at the very least. I promise you that.

He is by far the most obnoxious car person to listen to I have ever come across. Ever.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Here’s a nice one up for sale.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-porsche-911-carrera-71/

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top