Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your title is inaccurate. You simply link to a court filing; there is nothing related to a court issuing a restraining order.
Per Sean Davis
https://mobile.twitter.com/HansMahncke/status/1349463412888252420

Reading the full response from Parler is pretty damning to AWS.  Certainly seems like Parler has competent counsel; something that can't be said for Trump, unfortunately.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Imagine that a lawsuit that lists specific and quantifiable details in it.  There are certain high profile name attorneys that could learn from that.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It used to be a criminal offense to use a publicly owned company as your private property.   Isn't that the whole point of government regulation?  To protect the investors interest?
View Quote

Yes. They have a fiduciary responsibility to their investors.

Something the “their company their rules” idiots always ignore.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AWS shot themselves in the dick.  Why would anyone listen to a single sales pitch about all of their neat stuff that once you use it you are hogtied to a service that has openly and publicly proven it will try to kill your business. Worst part it was clearly done over politics, the FUCKING WORST way to make any business decision.

View Quote

Or the best, depending on who’s political side you’re with
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Amazon.
Fuck Bezos.

I hope Parler fucks them good.....pieces of traitorous shit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He won at the USSC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened to the shops that refused to bake the cake?

He won at the USSC

Which is now precedent straight from the top
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Page 3
AWS  was  aware  of  Parler's  reactive  rather than  prospective  content  moderation policies
View Quote

Proactive?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, there's some good stuff in that pdf. Easy, clear language, too.
Saved!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your title is inaccurate. You simply link to a court filing; there is nothing related to a court issuing a restraining order.
Per Sean Davis
https://mobile.twitter.com/HansMahncke/status/1349463412888252420

OK, some dude tweeted it so it must be true.

If I tweet it is bs does that make it bs?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hope they find a tablet that people with autism can take to make them if not normal, then fucking REASONABLE.

There is nothing in the title or body of his post that says a court IS issuing or has issued a restraining order. There is pedantic, and then there is ass-backwardsantic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they find a tablet that people with autism can take to make them if not normal, then fucking REASONABLE.

There is nothing in the title or body of his post that says a court IS issuing or has issued a restraining order. There is pedantic, and then there is ass-backwardsantic

Did you miss this in the title;

“Judge LIKElY to issue restraining order”
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Judge LIKElY to issue restraining order"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who posted this?: there is nothing related to a court issuing a restraining order.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After watching that lawyer’s YouTube explanation I would say Parler has a VERY strong case against Amazon, on a number of issues. This may be exactly what we need to drive a message home to big tech.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who posted this?: there is nothing related to a court issuing a restraining order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. And there is nothing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1349503006765678592?s=21

Not only that but it was planned on Facebook.  Apple should have banned Facebook app, not Parler.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not only that but it was planned on Facebook.  Apple should have banned Facebook app, not Parler.
View Quote

Saying "it" was planned doesn't really mean much. Was it the legal demonstration that was was planned on Parler or FB or was it the riot?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Listen to Bongino’s show from Tuesday. He lays a lot of it out.

I hope they break it off in Amazon’s ass, but I’m sure some leftist judge will throw it out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did the OP post anything that said there was a restraining order?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

and highly coordinated with interesting timing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope this is true. The amount of censorship right now is unbelievable.

True and was used to maximum effect. It only had to stop dissemination of information just long enough. Once headed in a direction, no way to steer away.

“Oops, sorry. Our bad. We won’t do it again.”

ETA: Orwellian. They know it’s Orwellian. Give a boy a hammer and everything looks like a nail. They’ll do it again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bake that cake.
View Quote

When they first took down parler this is the first thing that I thought of. I fully support the cake baker being able to refuse any customer he wishes. However, I imagine this is a very different case. Amazon is a publicly traded company, not a privately owned business. Also, I’m sure when using amazons web hosting services there is a contract involved, if amazon welched on their end of the deal without being able to prove parler violated the contract, then they’ve got themselves a case.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Saying "it" was planned doesn't really mean much. Was it the legal demonstration that was was planned on Parler or FB or was it the riot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the vital stats were

None arrested had a Parler account.

Some arrested had a Facebook account.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When they first took down parler this is the first thing that I thought of. I fully support the cake baker being able to refuse any customer he wishes. However, I imagine this is a very different case. Amazon is a publicly traded company, not a privately owned business. Also, I’m sure when using amazons web hosting services there is a contract involved, if amazon welched on their end of the deal without being able to prove parler violated the contract, then they’ve got themselves a case.
View Quote

There is a big difference between requiring someone to use his personal talents to create something against his principles and denying a million people access to the digital streetcorner where they can shout their views, however reprehensive they are.

ETA: Both of these support the 1st amendment. The baker can't be forced to express himself against his will and AWS can't silence others views. It all points to allowing individual expression.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#22]
F... Bezos & AWS.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1349490174082899968?s=21

WaPo so super reliable...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like they have a decent case against AWS.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I have no faith in the black robed terrorists who preside in the show rooms of our "just us" legal system.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good, I hope Parler breaks it off in Bezo's ass.
View Quote

Bezos doesn’t spend much time on the AWS side, that’s Jassy’s baby.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ok arfcom legal eagles, riddle me this-
If Amazon tries to settle or if the Courts rule in Parler’s favor-
would that ruling or admission of guilt be enough, legally, to either activate or automatically enable the enforcement of Trumps EO’s???

Even if that happened after a Biden inauguration that would still be the case, unless Biden specifically canceled those EO’s, right?

And the Dems wouldn’t even be able to scream Trump was “acting like a dictator” by seizing their businesses and assets...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They may get enough damages to buy their own infrastructure.  

Ok arfcom legal eagles, riddle me this-
If Amazon tries to settle or if the Courts rule in Parler’s favor-
would that ruling or admission of guilt be enough, legally, to either activate or automatically enable the enforcement of Trumps EO’s???

Even if that happened after a Biden inauguration that would still be the case, unless Biden specifically canceled those EO’s, right?

And the Dems wouldn’t even be able to scream Trump was “acting like a dictator” by seizing their businesses and assets...

of course not, but there are OBVIOUSLY income and going concern loss AND possible huge punitive damages.  

Imagine a legitimate 1st Amendment based conclusion for said judgement??
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That’s definitely a plus.
View Quote

You mean you don't want to see the reams of evidence proving that AWS was directly responsible for the birth of the devil? Everything will blow open on Friday. Monday at the latest.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:57:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:14:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I've been reminded time and time again by virtue signaling corporate cock gobbling "principled" capitalist conservatives that its their business their rules?

I hope they prevail but I hold out no hope. Especially after the 20th.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:19:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would love to know what coordination took place between the tech companies and Democrats in particular elected officials such as Pelosi, Schumer and the Biden Campaign. If a tech company is being told to do this by these folks seems like then government and not a private company is restricting free speech. Tech has become a part of .gov at that point and clear 1st amendment violation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would love to know what coordination took place between the tech companies and Democrats in particular elected officials such as Pelosi, Schumer and the Biden Campaign. If a tech company is being told to do this by these folks seems like then government and not a private company is restricting free speech. Tech has become a part of .gov at that point and clear 1st amendment violation.

Yep. There is definite collusion going on behind the scenes without a doubt, just like how the media is a arm of the DNC at this point. Wikileaks proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the DNC is in direct coordination with all of the main media outlets and that they work together on how to cover stories, which is how state media works in dictatorships...The linked article has full details on it if anyone is interested. It's not new info but the collusion behind the scenes has ruined our free speech, and also our elections - the media being propaganda for Dems tips the scales in their favor and that's before election fraud is even considered. The bottom line is that the Democratic party no longer cares about hiding their corruption.

New DNC Emails Expose More DNC-Media-Clinton Campaign Collusion
The relationship is comparable to propaganda tactics employed by dictatorships

On November 6, WikiLeaks released a second batch of Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails in addition to the 20,000 they released in July preceding the Democratic National Convention.

The newly released DNC emails provide further evidence of how the DNC, Clinton campaign, and mainstream media coordinated together to elevate Clinton’s candidacy.

“CNN is looking for questions,” read an April email between DNC staff asking to compile questions for CNN to ask Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in an interview. Questions for Donald Trump were also compiled by DNC staff to be asked on CNN. Emails from the DNC and Clinton campaign chair John Podesta have revealed how partisan CNN has behaved. A supposed media network and its journalists have been colluding behind the scenes with the DNC and Clinton campaign to propagate any preferred narrative of the Democratic Party.

https://observer.com/2016/11/new-dnc-emails-expose-more-dnc-media-clinton-campaign-collusion/
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#33]
I've read many of the pleadings and exhibits in this case, including Amazon's Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service. Parler agreed to abide by the TOS and AUP.

I think it's very unlikely Judge Barbara Rothstein will issue the restraining order Parler is requesting.

There's no way this case ever goes to trial and it's very unlikely Parler gets the win. Parler clearly violated Amazon's AUP.

The decision on the restraining order will probably be in before the end of the week.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, ignoring a Federal Judge is a REALLY good way to discover that no matter how much money you have, it isn't enough.  The Judge could order all of the principals of the company into custody until the order was complied with, and it would stand up, because no other judge would want to set the precedent that THEIR orders could be ignored.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Judge says to let them back on and Amazon says no thanks.  Do we think the FBI or someone else is going to force them or something?

Yeah, ignoring a Federal Judge is a REALLY good way to discover that no matter how much money you have, it isn't enough.  The Judge could order all of the principals of the company into custody until the order was complied with, and it would stand up, because no other judge would want to set the precedent that THEIR orders could be ignored.
Is the judge going to round those people up himself?

Remember when Alito told PA to do certain election shit and they told him to fuck off? Nothing happened.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I mean....

Do we WANT Parler to win?

It might be in our best interest for the future of this country if Parler loses.  Just sayin.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

His ass is insulated by so much money he would never feel it. His wife already took half and he never skipped a beat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His ass is insulated by so much money he would never feel it. His wife already took half and he never skipped a beat.

Then how about all of Amazon as a fine?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He won at the USSC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened to the shops that refused to bake the cake?

He won at the USSC

The Colorado guy won. The Oregon couple still were fined $160K.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bake that cake.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Not to be a Debbie Downer OP but the judge, before retiring and becoming a Senior District judge, was appointed to the bench by Jimmy Carter.

What makes you think she will rule for Parler?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It used to be a criminal offense to use a publicly owned company as your private property.   Isn't that the whole point of government regulation?  To protect the investors interest?
View Quote

I don't disagree, but unfortunately the SJW agenda has been adopted by wall street
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There is a big difference between requiring someone to use his personal talents to create something against his principles and denying a million people access to the digital streetcorner where they can shout their views, however reprehensive they are.

ETA: Both of these support the 1st amendment. The baker can't be forced to express himself against his will and AWS can't silence others views. It all points to allowing individual expression.
View Quote

You don't have the right to post reprehensive content here. And the famous cake case had nothing to do with the art. The cake maker plainly stated in the lawsuit that he was compelled not to make the cake by religious convictions. Later someone came up with a cake itself that would offend him and is suing him on that. All of this is irrelevant though because this case isn't about offensive cake toppers or flavors or being offended over political positions.

Amazon cites tens of thousands of posts and quotes several that are specific incitements of violence with the intent/goal of harming authorities and/or overthrowing the government.

Amazon can't be compelled by contract or Constitutional theory to provide services involved in criminal activity. Or stated more briefly, case dismissed. If Parler didn't like this, they shouldn't host such content themselves.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I mean....

It might be in our best interest for the future of this country if Parler loses.  Just sayin.
View Quote
In our best interest to suppress free speech? How so?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Remember that Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, ect are doing this partially because the incoming administration threatened anti trust action and arrests if they don't censor conservatives And do what they are told.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean....

It will calm tensions, they will reel it back in just enough to keep incrementally killing America.  As it stands, their crazy is showing, and it might actually backfire, and I'd rather it be epic than just a fart in the wind.

@691
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Listen to Bongino’s show from Tuesday. He lays a lot of it out.

I hope they break it off in Amazon’s ass, but I’m sure some leftist judge will throw it out.
View Quote

Or they'll declare Amazon in breach, and award Parler $1.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OK, some dude tweeted it so it must be true.

If I tweet it is bs does that make it bs?
View Quote

Hope your day goes better, sounds like you’re unhappy
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's good, and Parler should win and collect huge damages.  I would bet every one of those companies that targeted Parler was in breach of their own contract, but especially AWS.  I have a hard time believing AWS has the contractual ability to just shut down a customer's entire infrastructure with only 24hrs notice for ANY reason much less one as trivial as user content on their site.  

AWS will almost certainly lose and take a financial hit but Bezos and his cronies don't care.
View Quote

Err, umm..were you around on Monday?

AR15.com Backup Site Live, Switching to First Amendment Friendly Site Registrar

On Monday, January 11, 2021, I received notice from our site registrar that AR15.com had violated their terms of service and that AR15.com would be shut down immediately. The registrar’s decision to de-platform AR15.com was final and no method to appeal was offered.

It remains unclear specifically what content allegedly violated the registrar’s terms of service.

However, I am happy to report that we have found a new, First Amendment-friendly site registrar and we have begun the process of transitioning AR15.com to the new registrar.

We expect the switchover to take up to 5 days. During that time, our famous “AR15.com” URL will not be usable. Once the switchover is complete, AR15.com will be fully restored to normal function.

In the meantime, I welcome freedom lovers and firearm enthusiasts to visit us at our temporary URL: www.ar15-backup.com. We will post on the backup site when the normal AR15.com has been completely restored.

Juan Avila, President & Co-Founder, AR15.com

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not to be a Debbie Downer OP but the judge, before retiring and becoming a Senior District judge, was appointed to the bench by Jimmy Carter.

What makes you think she will rule for Parler?
View Quote

Because Amazon’s retort to the court would sink all their other clients under equal protection. I don’t think Amazon thought it through and is just counting on the usual suspects to carry water for it Attachment Attached File
Pavlich: The idea that violent rhetoric only happens on Parler is 'beyond parody'
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

But I've been reminded time and time again by virtue signaling corporate cock gobbling "principled" capitalist conservatives that its their business their rules?

I hope they prevail but I hold out no hope. Especially after the 20th.
View Quote

13 tweet denial posted yesterday https://mobile.twitter.com/jack/status/1349510769268850690
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it really? We knew it was coming.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top