BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I disagree. Abandoning the battlefield in education has been one of the worst things the right has ever done. It's time to put pressure on local school boards and such, not leave them alone.
View Quote

You aren't abandoning the battlefield, you are securing it. The battlefield is the minds of our children not some brainwashing institution. Read Sun Tzu.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So a conservative can't be a teacher, principal, or in administrative positions.  So how will the schools be changed ? Many posts here and in other threads say we should as conservatives get more involved in the schools, run for superintendent,  get into a high position.

And as far as government schools and letting your kids go there.....

Contrary to popular belief,  not all arfcommers are in a position to send their kids to private school.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but if you went to that rally but you work in that system (the government school system) I simply can't understand you.

Get your kids out of the government schools if you want me to take you seriously as a conservative.

So a conservative can't be a teacher, principal, or in administrative positions.  So how will the schools be changed ? Many posts here and in other threads say we should as conservatives get more involved in the schools, run for superintendent,  get into a high position.

And as far as government schools and letting your kids go there.....

Contrary to popular belief,  not all arfcommers are in a position to send their kids to private school.

Then HOMESCHOOL THEM.  Even single parent households can, and do, homeschool their kids.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
the more this happens, the greater the chance somebody is going to skip the protest stage
View Quote

This is what the left and never_trumpers want. They WANT it to go hot then they can really grind their boots on the necks of the people.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They should have the teacher's union representing them.

Heads will explode
View Quote

and where the hell is the ACLU!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I bet the teacher union will swoop right in to protect theses teachers.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, keep removing the few things people have holding them back.

What could go wrong?
View Quote

Exactly. I don't think the Left understands that they're creating a lot of people with nothing to lose... .. and everything that comes with that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And yet an attorney in chiraq (or was it NY) who threw a molotov into the back of a police car walks away w/out charges...

View Quote

That is different comrade.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be filing a federal lawsuit against the superintendent today, just as soon as I can finish drafting it, on behalf of the two school bus drivers who were actually suspended for attending.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
two attorneys and they both have charges in federal court

they did get glowing articles defending them in some of the NYC papers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet an attorney in chiraq (or was it NY) who threw a molotov into the back of a police car walks away w/out charges...

And their legal license?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll be filing a federal lawsuit against the superintendent today, just as soon as I can finish drafting it, on behalf of the two school bus drivers who were actually suspended for attending.
View Quote

side note: do these teachers also have a union that is supposed to defend them?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but if you went to that rally but you work in that system (the government school system) I simply can't understand you.

Get your kids out of the government schools if you want me to take you seriously as a conservative.

View Quote

Conservatives trying to change the leftist public school system from the inside. More than likely the true reason behind this. Can't have anyone teaching kids to not toe the Democrat party/state line.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sweet!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some do, but from what I can tell, the entire community is pissed, and the county commission, who is the ultimate employer, is about to pull the trigger on removing the elected BOE members for this, which is sort of like an impeachment mechanism.

I'm filing suit anyways for 1st amendment retaliation. She even laid it out in writing for me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Some do, but from what I can tell, the entire community is pissed, and the county commission, who is the ultimate employer, is about to pull the trigger on removing the elected BOE members for this, which is sort of like an impeachment mechanism.

I'm filing suit anyways for 1st amendment retaliation. She even laid it out in writing for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it. Glad you are doing this. I represented a school board once. It was definitely interesting...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
304 752 0741

Call and ask her why.  I did.  I was even polite about it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GET SOME!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm amazed that there are 30 individuals in a given public school district that are right-wingers.  Incredible.
View Quote
There are a hell of a lot more than you think. They just don't advertise it, for this reason.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#18]
how many teachers got fired for attending blm protests and the ensuing riots and looting?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They are test driving.

First the people who participated in the actual protest part, now moving on to the 1,000,000 or so who attended the speech/rally.
If they are successful in non personing all of them, then they move on to all 75,000,000 who voted for Trump.
View Quote
This. But, sadly, many will not believe what you say. They're going for the entire population. Re-education and then FEMA death camps. This isn't even far fetched at this point.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, we should roll over and let them take the institutions wholesale!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder how long before this cooks off ? ??
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just wait until they actually find out who voted for Trump.

Then the purging can start for real.
View Quote

Shouldn’t be hard.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#24]

OMG they are going to purge then entire state. Shit. Shut. Got. Real.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
how many teachers got fired for attending blm protests and the ensuing riots and looting?
View Quote

There was actually a teacher who got arrested for "occupying" and "protesting" in Joe Manchin's office. Who did not get suspended or fired by this same superintendent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I would give them the middle finger and sue now.  This is a government institution denying one's freedom of speech.  I get the whole "consequences" issue, but if they took personal leave to attend a rally to peacefully protest, that school district better have deep pockets...I would be retiring early and superintendent would be begging for tax increases to address their massive budget shortfalls.  If those 30 teachers were smart they would joint together...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#28]
"We're only punishing those that committed crimes while in the Capitol Building."
"We're only punishing those that trespassed inside the Capitol Building."
"We're only punishing those that participated in the protests outside of the Capitol Building."
"We're only punishing those that spoke online in favor of the protests on 6 January."
"We're only punishing those that own MAGA paraphernalia or attended a DJT election rally."

If there's a trend here, I'm just not seeing it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I lived in Berkeley County which borders Jefferson County until last summer.  

They will NEVER be able to replace those teachers.  WV teacher salaries are pathetically low and many teachers just commute to Northern Virginia where they can make $25K per year more.

View Quote

Why doesn't Berkley County border Jefferson County anymore?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There was actually a teacher who got arrested for "occupying" and "protesting" in Joe Manchin's office. Who did not get suspended or fired by this same superintendent.
View Quote

Damn, do you have a link to the story on that so I can cram it up the asses of my commie co-teachers?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm amazed that there are 30 individuals in a given public school district that are right-wingers.  Incredible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

OMG they are going to purge then entire state. Shit. Shut. Got. Real.
View Quote

And Jefferson Co is the second most liberal county in the state, behind Monongalia Co.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Damn, do you have a link to the story on that so I can cram it up the asses of my commie co-teachers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.dcmediagroup.us/2019/02/14/resist-rockwool-holds-sit-in-senator-joe-manchin-office/

It is a mess,” teacher Grant Prillaman said.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#34]
An article in Red State from yesterday, I believe:

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/01/10/fascism-strikes-in-pro-trump-county-as-school-superintendant-threatens-to-fire-teachers-who-attended-trump-rally-n3

But if you were a teacher in Jefferson County, WV, you just found out that it doesn’t matter if the voters in the county voted overwhelmingly to reelect President Trump, all it takes to put your livelihood in jeopardy is to have a fascistic school superintendent who is totally unacquainted with the US Constitution, and your job is in jeopardy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Can they terminate the Superintendent as well or does her contract protect her?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Firing the superintendent would send a clear message nationally and be an excellent “shot across the bow” against the left.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

GET SOME!
View Quote

@lawyerup

Do it!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Surely the NEA will fight for them.
View Quote

All those union dues for nothing
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How did they know which teachers attended the rally

This sounds like grounds for 30 lawsuits.
View Quote

Probably this, there is going to be some serious blacklash on the school board.

Was there any firing if anyone had went to a BLM or ANTIFA protest?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Strategically we are better off if they accelerate this stuff quickly.

4 years of slow small events slowly ramping up will make it much harder to convince people it's coming for them, and much harder for them to even pay attention.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
304 752 0741

View Quote

Phone # exchange here in Charles Town is 725..... typo? @disparcher91
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prosecutors working in shifts, I'm sure
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was just informed out very own LawyerUp is in the beginning process of suing the shit out of that superintendent.
View Quote

Give them flaming hell!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFAIK, the BOE can remove the superintendent. They did so here years ago in Moco and caused quite the drama. My wife was a teacher back then. However, as you mention, she probably has a contract, and IDK what it says. The county commission can start removal proceedings for the BOE if they don't do what they want them to do. It's my understanding that sets up a 3 judge panel and a trial. Apparently this is a realistic possiblity in that county, which is still a Trump majority county.

Lawsuit is drafted, and currently undergoing editing by my litigation support personnel and my emergency response team on the ground...... eta:
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#46]
The superintendent has a family and home in WV right?

Seems pretty reckless to go after people who can get to you and yours with little effort.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
304 752 0741

@Bashby

https://boe.jeff.k12.wv.us/
Jefferson County Schools
JEFFERSON
COUNTY SCHOOLS
Excellence in Teaching and Learning
110 Mordington Avenue, Charles Town, WV 25414
304-725-9741
Facebook PageYoutube Channel

They answered and xferred me to the good doctors executive secretary.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#48]
And so it begins.

Communism comes up quickly...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top