Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL.  

The only thing I bought were WW II books.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure I'd call it panic buying, probably more like 'taking advantage while I still can' buying.

Had some Cabela's gift cards, so I loaded up on a another 10 PMAGs, ended up being free. Also just ordered a 10 pack of D&H mags from PSA.

At this point I'll pick up reloading components and ammo where I can, just to pad my supplies a bit.

Right now the only thing I really feel comfortable shooting consistently is .22, good training for the kids and enough to keep some muscle memory intact for me.

Really wish I had been able to stock up on a few thousand more rounds of .223, .45 and .380
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Just ammo and reloading components.

got a lifetime of guns and mags

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bit late op.
View Quote

That is the truth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 6 ARs and 1 AK.

Trying to determine if I need to buy/sell any of my ARs and if I should buy another AK.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, at least the panic buying should be epic to watch.
View Quote

Ater adding $600 to some peoples pockets, yes, it might be very interesting indeed. Buy food, water, and get with people offline.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have 6 ARs and 1 AK.

Trying to determine if I need to buy/sell any of my ARs and if I should buy another AK.
View Quote

I built an AR that shoots 7.62x39 and it has become my go to gun. I did that instead of an AK for the commonality of parts. Some are different but a lot are the same between calibers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think Bren 2Ms is correct.
ETA, checked my invoice, 2Ms it is.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Screenshot_20210106-100147_Gmail_jpg-1766856.JPG
View Quote

I'm still waiting for mine...
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:I'm still waiting for mine...
View Quote

Who did you buy through?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Replacement.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

50k huh?

Color me skeptical.
View Quote

how much do you want to bet on it? i dont take small bets. say 10 pmags?

ill bet up to any amount of items you want. fuck, ill bet you my scar 17 new in box vs something of equal value. we can do cash too... 10k?

oh, and when you lose, you have to buy a membership then make your avatar something of my choice and leave it up for the entire time you have the membership.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:Replacement.
View Quote

Backstory?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ill bet up to any amount of items you want. fuck, ill bet you my scar 17 new in box vs something of equal value. we can do cash too... 10k?

oh, and when you lose, you have to buy a membership then make your avatar something of my choice and leave it up for the entire time you have the membership.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50k huh?

Color me skeptical.

Well now, how bout you take my wife win or lose?

Combo of join date, selling to Massachusetts and 50k rounds is what makes me suspicious.

If I were in that position, I certainly wouldn't post about it.

Lgs has a bunch of mags, I bought sights instead yesterday, may go back today (will).  Okays 12.99, 11.99 online, not bad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Basic 1911 mags are getting hard to find for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Combo of join date, selling to Massachusetts and 50k rounds is what makes me suspicious.

Lgs has a bunch of mags, I bought sights instead yesterday, may go back today (will).  Okays 12.99, 11.99 online, not bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

50k huh?

Color me skeptical.

Pics of wife?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
When I was at the LGS this morning mags were flying out the door.....And so it starts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Basic 1911 mags are getting hard to find for some reason.
View Quote

That's the one thing I'm not worried about.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have 6 ARs and 1 AK.

View Quote

Another AK.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I panic bought a DD Mk 18 upper yesterday.  

However, the panic was me trying to get my CC info input before it went OOS.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's me.

I have enough guns and supplies to do what I want for the rest of my life.

I'm working on my boat this winter and will fish more this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I'm going to get out of the gun hobby. Not going thru anymore of this panic crap. Dealing with neckbeards,  waiting 6 months for a rifle to be in stock  or scrounging around the internet for  brass they don't make to concentrate on the more popular calibers.  

I'll load up all of my components and when they are done, I'll just stop buying new guns or supplies and  go fishing more.

That's me.

I have enough guns and supplies to do what I want for the rest of my life.

I'm working on my boat this winter and will fish more this year.

thats fine

until

the new green deal decides you're over fishing and it's bad for the planet so your licenses are now $10k per year like
the commercial fisherman..
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

i definitely dont want another wife.

the "friend" in mass is the largest gun store and range in the state. he is an FFL and SOT. nothing illegal about it. Join date means i started being an ammo whore on that date as well? i have been whoring ammo for over 15 years. i have more ammo than most local gun shops within a 100 mile radius. i bought cheap and stacked deep.

so, just let me know when you want to lock this bet in. i have pics, with proof of life, standing by.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a few Aero lowers today and will sell a couple of Bushmaster lowers or mags to offset it at some point.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I am picking up a couple extra 100W solar panels for my back up system before they are not available at a price I want to pay.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I suspect the real panic buying will just be getting started shortly.
View Quote

Oh yeah!

Let the chaos begin.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I bought a few Aero lowers today and will sell a couple of Bushmaster lowers or mags to offset it at some point.
View Quote

Are bushy lowers worth more?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubtful.  I just don't like them as much so I'll keep the Aero's.

ETA: It does look like they are worth more on GunBroker than I paid for the Aero's...nice
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Buying some ammo I need and have been adding to my pistol magazines, built another polymer80.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I have like 15 lowers still stripped....
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a Glock 45 I need to pick up from my LGS and just told a guy I would buy his Glock 48. Both off roster in CA, don't ask how much I paid
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Picked up a few pieces for a lower build, I'm good on everything else
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh boy, more paperweights I can turn into clubs when my ammo/powder/primer stash runs out
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#32]
For me.....extra ammo.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I expect mag prices to go through the roof. They're the only thing that has remained in stock at a reasonable price.

People gotta hoard something.
View Quote

Glad I stockpiled more than I need. Gonna go up faster than the stock market!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you’ve been on the fence as far as black powder arms, get  a muzzle loader now with accessories and powder now.
View Quote

Already got a nice Pedersoli 1858 2-band Enfield this past summer.  This thing is more fun than shooting my modern rifles!  I can't stop grinning every time I take it to the range and touch rounds off.

I cast the Lee R*E*A*L bullets, the Lee improved Minie, and the Pedersoli 620gr Minie.  Also shoot the Hornady round balls with a patch.

Quoted:
Black powder for defensive carry is a thing now. Its part of the whole pirate/18th century theme.
View Quote

At least with BP, the powder lasts basically forever in storage AND it's not that hard to manufacture.  Percussion caps aren't particularly difficult to make, and lead is plentiful.  If you have a 209 system then you can (yes, it's not optimal) punch primers from shotshells and use them.

While stocking up on / hoarding BP, I'm buying primarily 3F since I can use it in both my 1858 Enfield and pistols.  The faster pressure curve expands the Minies better anyway.

I've started designing my own powder mill for rolling my own BP.  Fascinating stuff.  It's fun reading old texts and seeing how they used to do stuff.

Still looking for a GOOD .44 Remington knockoff myself for a BP pistol.  None of that wimpy .36 Navy stuff, no sir.  I'd like to get a stainless if I find it in stock.

Quoted:

Why? If we're reduced to muzzle loaders, what's the point? I will not turn over a fucking thing. Cold, dead hands.
View Quote

Think Liberator pistol.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thanks for the links. Ordered.
View All Quotes

Smoke em if ya got em.

I am disappoint that these are still in stock. GD, you let me down.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Smoke em if ya got em.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif
View Quote

I’ve never heard of them. Are those quality parts?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smoke em if ya got em.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

I did a search and they seem on par with the Damage Industries and Brownells. I liked the buy 10, get 2 extra free part. we'll see what shows up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Suppressors
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Bought a SCAR 20S today...why not....
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I won't say I panic bought, but I did order a few things to round out the 'spares' boxes.

Gas keys, RE, some end plates, a MOE+ grip that will get installed on a rifle, and a 5.56 bolt.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Bought a SCAR 20S today...why not....
View Quote
@Cyndane - pics?
Black?.308?

I really like mine. It's .308 and is sub MOA with FGMM.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, at least the panic buying should be epic to watch.
View Quote

Consider it time for "Panic Buying - SQUARED!"

The Truth is always "If you wait - It's too Late!"

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been panic buying non-stop since 2006.
View Quote

Buncha' Young Upstart Whippersnappers Youths ...

I've been "Panic Buying" since before 1994!  

The "Next 4 years" have been planned for Decades in the Making.

Joe Biden (Huge gun hater as President), Chuckie Schumer (Huge Gun hater as Senate Leader), and Pelosi (same) as House Leader is THE "Worst Case Scenario" for the 2nd Amendment.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Honestly, I'm going to get out of the gun hobby. Not going thru anymore of this panic crap. Dealing with neckbeards,  waiting 6 months for a rifle to be in stock  or scrounging around the internet for  brass they don't make to concentrate on the more popular calibers.  

I'll load up all of my components and when they are done, I'll just stop buying new guns or supplies and  go fishing more.
View Quote

But then all your guns and ammo might be "lost" when your boat is out on the water if you have an "unfortunate accident" !!!!!

They used to say "Never put all your eggs in one basket".  

Now it is "Never put all your guns & ammo into one boat"...  

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Pfft. I panic bought in sandy hook. Learned my lesson back then.  Been "buying cheap and stacking deep" since.  Only thing I've bought in the last 9-10 months was little things just to make sure I have everything to complete a build.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Would be nice to have a pallet of ammo to sell right now and move to a 3rd world country with a beach
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Im trying to find where you can buy stripped lowers more then one at a time. Even if it is an Anderson
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Would be nice to have a pallet of ammo to sell right now and move to a 3rd world country with a beach
View Quote

No need to move, you're almost there now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Im trying to find where you can buy stripped lowers more then one at a time. Even if it is an Anderson
View Quote

Palmetto but they're $99.99
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was about to checkout with a PSA rifle kit early last year. Decided to just wait and see what other options (rails, LPK, whatever) they were going to put on sale.

Then COVID hit a few days later. Everything goes out of stock, prices go up. I think the same kit that was $400 is now $850 or more.

Have just been waiting for the panic buying to die down. Really kick myself now.

View Quote

The 10.5 upper i bought in Feb (i was already tightly wound about covid, so was getting ready) for 219 is now at 439 (which is supposedly $50 off..).
I admit after the senate fell, I bought a few more mags i had been mulling over. Not a panic level purchase, but acknowledging that the opportunity may run out sooner or later......
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top