Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Got home from work, preload in downloading.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
preloading now
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
In light of Cyberpunk's, umm, peculiarities, does the COC preclude showing in game screenshots featuring V wielding a dildo named "Sir John Phallustiff" as a melee weapon?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Years of waiting for the best guns/ammo deals during various panics and shortages prepared me for this critical moment in time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Death Stranding - beautiful visuals with shit gameplay. Seems to be a common problem with these types of games.

No kidding. I was interested in that briefly. Until in-depth reviews came out. I'm glad I stayed with my policy of never pre-ordering and never being an early adopter.

Death Stranding kind of turned out to be FedEx simulator: Footrace edition.

I broke my no pre-order policy for CP2077.  I simply have to have it preloaded and ready to go on the 10th.  

I also got my RTX 3080 last week, and slapped it into my new R5 5600X system, so I should be ready to play it with max settings on my ultrawide 3440x1440.

You have a 5600x and a 3080?
You bastard

Years of waiting for the best guns/ammo deals during various panics and shortages prepared me for this critical moment in time.

Its not the money part. It's actually being able to get your hands on them both.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish there was a multiplayer.  Have trouble getting into games where I can't adventure with (or kill) my friends.

I've still got it pre-ordered on Steam.  Was a big fan of Shadowrun (the books, the tabletop game, and yes even the SNES/Genesis game) so this should be right up my alley.

Speaking of Shadowrun there are some pretty solid newer Shadowrun games (if decidedly low budget) on Steam.  I think the IP rights are caught up in some kind of corporate hellish limbo which is why we've never seen a movie or big budget game.
View Quote
Shadowrun was great IP, I'm disappointed the mediocre SNES game was all we got.  It could absolutely have been made into Fallout levels of greatness.

Far as cyberpunk goes I'll buy it as soon as it's confirmed to be patched up well enough to enjoy or the digital version goes on a little sale.  My bet is it that it is an amazing game but will be buggy as hell at first.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its not the money part. It's actually being able to get your hands on them both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Death Stranding - beautiful visuals with shit gameplay. Seems to be a common problem with these types of games.

No kidding. I was interested in that briefly. Until in-depth reviews came out. I'm glad I stayed with my policy of never pre-ordering and never being an early adopter.

I broke my no pre-order policy for CP2077.  I simply have to have it preloaded and ready to go on the 10th.  

I also got my RTX 3080 last week, and slapped it into my new R5 5600X system, so I should be ready to play it with max settings on my ultrawide 3440x1440.

You bastard

It's part obsessive F5'ing and part pure dog luck.

I've got a 3090 and a 5800x.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bastard

You're even more of a bastard.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
All I have is dual 2080ti's
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#9]
After reading the benchmark article, looks like I would be expecting a slideshow of sub 30 fps at 1080 on medium with my 970's.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm on a 2070 Super... hope I can do ray tracing without making the game unplayable.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Hope it runs ok on the Xbox one.. I couldn't get a new console.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
So tempted to get it preloaded, but the numerous reviews listing numerous and major bugs are worrying. I might wait a few days until the day 0-5 patches arrive. I would be really pissed to have my first play through tainted by that many bugs.

I'm also a bit disappointed to see that the RTX 3070 isn't able to push 60fps on 1440p at Ultra + RT, even with DLSS set to performance mode. I was really holding out for a 3080, but couldn't find one in stock and just pulled the trigger on the 3070. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The problem is that when I'm downloading games like on Steam, it kills the network, every device in the house is basically unusable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The problem is that when I'm downloading games like on Steam, it kills the network, every device in the house is basically unusable.

You can set d/l caps in the Steam client. I have mine set to 75% of my nominal throughput.

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to get annoyed, read the Polygon early review. Fucking twat spends half the review whining that Cyberpunk isn't woke and tranny-friendly enough.

Given that Polygon tried telling the Black dude who invented Cyberpunk2020 exactly how he should feel about race....I don't see Polygon as a credible source of criticism.

Isn't Polygon the gaming arm of The Verge?  No surprises there, they would think Stalin was too conservative.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#14]
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-patch-day-1-ps5-xbox-series-x-pc

Looks like the bugs are being addressed but it may be months before the game is truly polished.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-patch-day-1-ps5-xbox-series-x-pc

Looks like the bugs are being addressed but it may be months before the game is truly polished.
View Quote

Meh, I'm used to Bethsoft launch fuckery. Won't disturb me at all.

I preordered Daggerfall.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
edit nvm
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I preordered Daggerfall.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah Bethesda bugs are part of the unique charms to each new release.  Kind of a twisted where’s Waldo search.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#19]
between all the bug reports and the fact that my computer is getting up there in age I think I will wait till next to get this when I have a new rig and everything has been patched up
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Standing by for reviews of actual game play.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#21]
interesting vid talking about some of the fuckyness surrounding the Cyberpunk release:

The Cyberpunk 2077 Launch Disaster
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
interesting vid talking about some of the fuckyness surrounding the Cyberpunk release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsXIyNySFPg
View Quote

cliff notes? no audio at work
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically knocking the SJWs bullshit complaints about the game and attacks on CDPR for not being "woke" enough, talking about how bizarre it is that reviewers granted early access are very limited in number and are under embargo to not show any of their own in-game footage until release day, the delays in game release, the game's bugs... basically it's a mess of a release.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hope it runs ok on the Xbox one.. I couldn't get a new console.
View Quote

Holding off on a PC copy for a while since the wife wants to play it, so we have it preordered for XBox. Won't even attempt it on the day 1 model, but have a relatively new One X or whatever the fuck.

Quoted:

I preordered Daggerfall.
View Quote
Yeah, I'm so immune to bugs and shit I probably won't even notice any issues. I've got 3k+ hours in 76... my bug resist is maxed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Cyberpunk 2077 — Official Launch Trailer — V
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Basically knocking the SJWs bullshit complaints about the game and attacks on CDPR for not being "woke" enough, talking about how bizarre it is that reviewers granted early access are very limited in number and are under embargo to not show any of their own in-game footage until release day, the delays in game release, the game's bugs... basically it's a mess of a release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing, excellent video.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I preordered Daggerfall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I preordered Daggerfall.

Immunity to magic and critical weakness to poison/disease/paralysis master race checking in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Glad I read this. Canceled my Amazon order. After tax was $55.xx. Buying it direct from PS Store was only $4.xx more.

But now I have it pre downloaded and can play at release. For $4 more that’s a deal. For some reason they don’t charge tax on a download.

Super excited
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Glad I read this. Canceled my Amazon order. After tax was $55.xx. Buying it direct from PS Store was only $4.xx more.

But now I have it pre downloaded and can play at release. For $4 more that’s a deal. For some reason they don’t charge tax on a download.

Super excited
View Quote

Poor console peasants have to wait until midnight local time while PC master race will unlock at midnight GMT, so I'll be playing it tomorrow at 6pm central
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm upset.    Pre-ordered the PC version from Best Buy.   I'm on rural DSL internet so downloading isn't fun.   Today I got two e-mails from those clowns...

- The first one says the release date has changed to Yesterday.
- The second one says item delayed with no ship date.

What's the point of pre-order when they don't ship on time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm upset.    Pre-ordered the PC version from Best Buy.   I'm on rural DSL internet so downloading isn't fun.   Today I got two e-mails from those clowns...

View Quote

Realistically, there isn't a point in pre-ordering anymore.

When you and 250 other people wanted to pick up a copy of Halo 2 and your gamestop was only getting 25 copies the first week... it had a point.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Downloaded and just waiting for the switch to flip.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When you and 250 other people wanted to pick up a copy of Halo 2 and your gamestop was only getting 25 copies the first week... it had a point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I've converted over to downloading games... can't remember the last time I bought a disk(s).
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've converted over to downloading games... can't remember the last time I bought a disk(s).
View Quote
I'm still old school for console
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#35]
The last time I bought a "physical copy" of a PC game, it was an empty plastic clamshell DVD package with a slip of paper inside with a license code on it and instructions to "download it from Steam".

Now I cut out the middleman and just buy digital copies.

Edit: and with games going gold in virtually unfinished states now so companies can make street dates, which necessitates huge day one patches which are downloads that you can't escape, it is pointless to buy a physical copy. Gaming, much like virtually all entertainment, has taken it for granted that you live in an area with unlimited high speed internet.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's no point to buying a PC game on disk, when they're even available anymore, because it's usually just a digital download code in the box along with a disk that only has a launcher installer on it anyway. About the only exception anymore is when a publisher teams up with a distributor to do a special edition release, like limitedrungame's releases, but even then you actually have to want the bonus content to make it worth it (which to be fair, I've seen some really cool stuff like the hotline Miami 2 vinyl set for example).
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There's no point to buying a PC game on disk, when they're even available anymore, because it's usually just a digital download code in the box along with a disk that only has a launcher installer on it anyway. About the only exception anymore is when a publisher teams up with a distributor to do a special edition release, like limitedrungame's releases, but even then you actually have to want the bonus content to make it worth it (which to be fair, I've seen some really cool stuff like the hotline Miami 2 vinyl set for example).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How big is the download??  I'm on DSL and downloads are painful.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's been a while but I remember seeing a bullet leave the barrel that would have been seated in that necked casing.  But I could be remembering wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok it's been a few years since I've seen that original teaser trailer ..holy shit 7 years! Anyway....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417902/Screenshot_20201206-161422_2_png-1718141.JPG

Did they actually eject an entire cartridge after firing?

It's been a while but I remember seeing a bullet leave the barrel that would have been seated in that necked casing.  But I could be remembering wrong.

Yeah, a bullet was fired but that to me does not look like a necked cartridge, it looks like a straight walked case with a bullet seated in it to me.

Either way, I'm going to pick this up. Hopefully my computer can run it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think my Steam download was something like 57 gigs... Xbox and PS are even more.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
IDK, I didn't pre-purchase it. Probably between 50-100 gigs. If you want to play it at launch you might want to pre-load it.
Granted, IDK if the day one patch is included in the preload and if it's not that's another 50 gig download on launch day.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't decide to buy this game for launch.
I haven't bought a game at launch in ages.

I only have a 3700x processor and a 5700xt GPU but I'm accustomed to 1440p ultra 60fps on demanding titles and 4k ultra on lessor titles.

Between the bugs and the performance should I wait it out for a bit?

Some were saying the reviewers/benchmarks are before the day 1 patch and updated GPU drivers but I have a feeling the people saying there should be a performance increase at launch are going to be disappointed.

I dont even know how the hell this game is going to run on even the new consoles let alone the last gen consoles going off the early benchmarks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally dismissed this as not really my kinda game:

- Never heard of the tabletop games, know nothing of the universe and lore
- Not really big on story heavy games or watching cutscenes
- Couldn't really get into Witcher 3, put it down after getting not very far into it
- Almost never buy new games, usually buy older stuff on sale.

But after hearing how desperate 'woke' game journalist types are to shit on it, and how the developers have mostly refused to kowtow to them, I'm tempted to buy it just because.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Shadowrun was great IP, I'm disappointed the mediocre SNES game was all we got.  It could absolutely have been made into Fallout levels of greatness.

Far as cyberpunk goes I'll buy it as soon as it's confirmed to be patched up well enough to enjoy or the digital version goes on a little sale.  My bet is it that it is an amazing game but will be buggy as hell at first.
View Quote

The turn-based PC games on steam are pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I can't decide to buy this game for launch.
I haven't bought a game at launch in ages.

I only have a 3700x processor and a 5700xt GPU but I'm accustomed to 1440p ultra 60fps on demanding titles and 4k ultra on lessor titles.

Between the bugs and the performance should I wait it out for a bit?

Some were saying the reviewers/benchmarks are before the day 1 patch and updated GPU drivers but I have a feeling the people saying there should be a performance increase at launch are going to be disappointed.

I dont even know how the hell this game is going to run on even the new consoles let alone the last gen consoles going off the early benchmarks.
View Quote

Watch the video below to see what the game looks like on an Xbox one x. Your 5700 XT should be able to beat that, but it might require tweaking the settings.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay On Xbox Series X / Xbox One X
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Razorfist is usually right on the money, hope this turns out to be an off prediction though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, game discs.  Quaint.  How many did Mechwarrior 2 have, twelve?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUnVZVuhSkk

Razorfist is usually right on the money, hope this turns out to be an off prediction though.
View Quote

Sounds like a similar rollout media-wise as Sim Tranny from a year ago
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I didn't realize that CDPR got the Swedish hardcore punk band Refused to make a bunch of music as the fictional band Samurai (Keanu Reeves characters band) . Hell, I thought Refused disbanded like 20 years ago.

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Fuck. I have to pour a floor on Friday now.

I was hoping to stay home and play this most of the day while pretending to work on the bathroom remodel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have the CDs. One for the game, one for Ghost Bear's Legacy IIRC.

Kharn
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top