BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Bright" on Netflix is Shadowrun without the hacking, per the producers IIRC.

Kharn
View Quote

I thought so also. I hope it gets a sequel.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks awesome and hope its awesome, been burned by too many new games to pay full retail for anything until im sure its not garbage.

I havent done any research on it since im not preordering or planning to pick it up soon at all, but i saw the poster at walmart for it, is it only being released on xbox one/ps4? If so, that seems like it would be a failure before it even got anywhere to be released on previous gen hardware...
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It looks awesome and hope its awesome, been burned by too many new games to pay full retail for anything until im sure its not garbage.

I havent done any research on it since im not preordering or planning to pick it up soon at all, but i saw the poster at walmart for it, is it only being released on xbox one/ps4? If so, that seems like it would be a failure before it even got anywhere to be released on previous gen hardware...
View Quote

Nobody other than scalpers has any Xbox Series X or PS5s, so who cares.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can't wait. I'm bummed the PS5 upgrade won't be here until next year, but at this point I guess we should just be happy to be getting it.

Personally I have no problems with delays so long as they put out a properly finished product. I hate when people rush out a game that's an unfinished piece of shit, I'm looking at you Avengers. So long as they do it right, I can wait
View Quote
Supposedly its going to run 60 fps, should still look pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i took time off in advance for it and then they delayed it.
View Quote

I did the same.
Kept the day off and took my dad to the range.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wish there was a multiplayer.  Have trouble getting into games where I can't adventure with (or kill) my friends.

I've still got it pre-ordered on Steam.  Was a big fan of Shadowrun (the books, the tabletop game, and yes even the SNES/Genesis game) so this should be right up my alley.

Speaking of Shadowrun there are some pretty solid newer Shadowrun games (if decidedly low budget) on Steam.  I think the IP rights are caught up in some kind of corporate hellish limbo which is why we've never seen a movie or big budget game.
View Quote

No Shadowrun movie?

What do you call Johnny Mnemonic?

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my older sons has one being delivered Monday, he paid out the ass for it ($980).

I will let you know what we think, my youngest son is waiting to see if it's worth the extra $$
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]
In before Londo.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of my older sons has one being delivered Monday, he paid out the ass for it ($980).

I will let you know what we think, my youngest son is waiting to see if it's worth the extra $$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shortened load times are nice.  No Mans Sky look better too.  GTA V looks same to me.  I don't think its optimized for series x.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only on ps4 and Xbox 1. It will have a free upgrade for ps5 and Xbox x next year. It still should play in 4k.

I managed to get a ps5, and it's quite a leap from the regular ps4 for games optimized for 4k. The loading times are also nearly cut by half to two thirds.

Cyberpunk was 50 bucks on Amazon for release day delivery.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing I find kinda bizarre but interesting about Cyberpunk is that apparently you make your character starting completely in the buff without censoring and can even choose from different naughty parts.

This has got to be the first time that's been the case in a mainstream game (without unofficial nude mods anyway)... talk about a deep dive in character creation!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One thing I find kinda bizarre but interesting about Cyberpunk is that apparently you make your character starting completely in the buff without censoring and can even choose from different naughty parts.

This has got to be the first time that's been the case in a mainstream game (without unofficial nude mods anyway)... talk about a deep dive in character creation!
View Quote

Second time. From what I understand Conan Exiles has a similar feature.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to make a female character with huge droopy meat flaps

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm going to make a female character with huge droopy meat flaps

View Quote

I wonder what the percentage difference between Bailey Jays and Buck Angels will be.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok it's been a few years since I've seen that original teaser trailer ..holy shit 7 years! Anyway....

Attachment Attached File

Did they actually eject an entire cartridge after firing?

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Three more days...

The Witcher 3 set the bar so high that I haven't been able to enjoy any game quite as much since then.  

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/787483579547383041/7A1D1C106E77C284186288F288E408741E9CFC9A/
View Quote

Yep, and always end up going back to it.  Haven't found a game yet with the same depth, feeling, artistry.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a 1660, hope it plays well enough on it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok it's been a few years since I've seen that original teaser trailer ..holy shit 7 years! Anyway....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417902/Screenshot_20201206-161422_2_png-1718141.JPG

Did they actually eject an entire cartridge after firing?

View Quote

It's been a while but I remember seeing a bullet leave the barrel that would have been seated in that necked casing.  But I could be remembering wrong.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#19]
https://streamable.com/t/5nkipp

Some of that patented CD Projekt Red launch jank.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Eh, what the hell. Pre-ordered on Steam.

I like FPS RPGs, I like the genre, I like CDPR, so let's hope it's a good diversion over the holiday break.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a 1660, hope it plays well enough on it.
View Quote
Apparently, from my understanding anyway, the console versions will NOT take advantage of their respective next gen counterparts' hardware at launch, and graphical enhancements will come in a later patch. It's my understanding that the day one patch only patches in a "performance mode" option on PS5/Xbox X, which equates to LOWER graphical fidelity in exchange for higher frame rate. Presumably the PC version will still run well on last gen hardware by extension, granted with a 1660 you aren't going to be maxing it out on 4k, but I would think it'd be playable with the graphics turned down.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Ready for it - Cleared up 100gb on a solid state drive, pre-ordered on Steam, installed a new Corsair H150i AIO, cleaned RTX 2070, took Friday off this coming week (for two reasons, but it worked out perfectly).
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Preloaded it on the series x today. Can’t wait!
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone getting excited yet? I've been waiting since this was released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVjkqB3LH0

Probably the longest time I've champed at the bit for a video game and release is only a couple days away!

I knew Cyberpunk 2020 back when it was only for tabletop nerds and now it's gonna be the biggest thing to hit the gaming world. Wow have times changed!

View Quote

I pre-ordered in September.

Of 2019.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope that I’m wrong but.. in for the dissatisfaction.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Of 2019.
View Quote

Yep I did the same.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wish there was a multiplayer.  Have trouble getting into games where I can't adventure with (or kill) my friends.
View Quote

Yeah.

I pre-bought Cyberpunk half a year ago...but it might be the last single-player RPG I ever buy.

My wife and son and I enjoy playing multiplayer RPGs together, but nothing of quality has come to our attention since L4D2.

I love gaming...but I only really enjoy it anymore when it's family time.  Playing with my wife is a blast.  It's made SPO games uninteresting to me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No VR no care
View Quote

I get sick.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Possibly interested in getting it, but I don't think my 970's will be up to the task.  

And my i7 is old AF.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No Shadowrun movie?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've still got it pre-ordered on Steam.  Was a big fan of Shadowrun (the books, the tabletop game, and yes even the SNES/Genesis game) so this should be right up my alley.

Speaking of Shadowrun there are some pretty solid newer Shadowrun games (if decidedly low budget) on Steam.  I think the IP rights are caught up in some kind of corporate hellish limbo which is why we've never seen a movie or big budget game.

No Shadowrun movie?

Cyberpunk.  Cyberpunk is more Gibson/Sterling.

Shadowrun is Cyberpunk with the addition of Magic Realism.

Bright was Magic Realism.  All the fantasy components, but none of the tech.

Shadowrun is both combined.  Who wins in a fight: Dog Shaman or corporate-sponsored ninja?  Hopefully...we're going to find out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a suspicion.  Nod to wokeness.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

penis slider go weeeeeeeere
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks interesting but no multiplayer?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks interesting but no multiplayer?
View Quote

MP will be released separately sometime in the future.  The main release is SP only.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have a suspicion.  Nod to wokeness.
View Quote

So I read an article today where CDPR said it was on purpose to make a transhumanist statement, basically that the natural human body wouldn't be considered sacred in a world where you could alter/cyberize your body as much as you wanted (or could at least afford to)... it would just be a chunk of meat. It would simply make today's morals about sex and nudity obsolete.

So yeah, a sneak peak into where "woke" culture is taking us eventually.

Still not sure if it's an endorsement or a warning though...

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I usually try not to get too hyped for anything, but I’m expecting Witcher 3 quality.  I’ll be disappointed if it’s not at least as good.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#38]
ive been waiting over 5 years for this
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Of 2019.
View Quote

From my steam license page.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I get sick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No VR no care

I get sick.
I used to on my sons PSVR, but with a rift S it doesn't bother me.

I play Star Wars squadrons, eve Valkyrie, and lone echo sitting in the recliner.

Beat Sabre, population one and Pavlov vr are fine too,  I just got used to it and it doesn't bother me.

I don't get sick, but lost my balance from my vertigo a few times. I actually think it's helping me do better the more I play.

Played lone echo six hours straight the day I got it.

Trying to decide between walking dead and that half life game next. The Ghost in the shell experience is cool as well.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:52:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

SCUM has the same system.  The thing a lot of players don't catch is that as you make the characters breasts or dick bigger....the Intelligence score drops like a rock.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#42]
It's not multiplayer which is unfortunate. I'm not a day one buyer, bit too many times by game breaking bugs, but if it turns out it's all fleshed out, I'll have it at the end of a week.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:25:04 AM EDT
[#43]
CDPR games are fantastic to buy..  a year later for a quarter of the cost, and with DLC.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:46:08 AM EDT
[#44]
PC Master Race 3090 & 48cx check

Series X & 55 C9 check

Steam Pre order check

Xbox version already downloaded check

Gallon of Lube Check

Keg of Joes Pale Ale Check

Jar of peanut butter check

10 year old Chiauhau dog crotch warmer check

Watched plenty of gameplay vids already....dissapointed in penis and vag options....check.

Game sto;; ;ppls e[oc e jecl/

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:47:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Death Stranding - beautiful visuals with shit gameplay. Seems to be a common problem with these types of games.
View Quote

I really liked Death Stranding.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Death Stranding - beautiful visuals with shit gameplay. Seems to be a common problem with these types of games.
View Quote

You can watch like hours of game play on YouTube.  And death stranding is a Hideo Kojima game lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
CDPR games are fantastic to buy..  a year later for a quarter of the cost, and with DLC.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

At least that’s how I usually do it. I got so much enjoyment out of Witcher 3 (purchased years later for $20) that I consider this preorder a way to pay them back for that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah.

I pre-bought Cyberpunk half a year ago...but it might be the last single-player RPG I ever buy.

My wife and son and I enjoy playing multiplayer RPGs together, but nothing of quality has come to our attention since L4D2.

I love gaming...but I only really enjoy it anymore when it's family time.  Playing with my wife is a blast.  It's made SPO games uninteresting to me.
View Quote
@Sixtigers
They said it will have a multiplayer mode added after launch.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Conan online game was infamous for it's uncensored floppy slider.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine goes waaaahwahhhhh, I'm not spending hard-earned credits repairing a broken cyberdick when they could go towards better hulksmash or concealed blade parts.

Kharn
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top