Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol sure. Why not
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those picks are made from femurs, right?  Otherwise they wouldn't be white.

Lol sure. Why not

Look up; Skull and Bones/George Bush...

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'll be 30 in a couple months
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you?  

I'll be 30 in a couple months

OK.

So you're old enough to know that your armor better be real Beskar and not aluminum, or we're gonna have a problem!

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Needs more lewd patches
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to be a LARPer go for it man, and wear some 5.11 or tactical cargo pants while you are at it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I want an olive drab or subdued "As Seen On TV" patch so bad to put on my helmet.  All I can find is bright red and white.  I only have olive drab US flags and an O+ patch on my gear.  Another one that would be good would be "No Soup For You!"
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you want to be a LARPer go for it man, and wear some 5.11 or tactical cargo pants while you are at it.
View Quote

I am not sure you understand why I made this topic.

ETA im already too busy larping as a cowboy
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't wear anything on serious gear you don't want to see a prosecutor wave around in a courtroom.
View Quote

I believe we will be far better served by being Grey Men.

That is, no overt sign of being nonconforming.

Also, there is the poser/stolen Valor aspect.

If you aren't a military combat vet,  don't do anything to suggest you are.

Those folks earned honor the hard way.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:00:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I kept getting them as gifts or prize packs or freebies in orders so I started collecting them.

Reloading room decoration.  Ditto for stickers and magnets.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

If anyone thinks you were former military because you have a morale patch, they're probably retarded.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They're like $4-$8 typically (I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 myself), with some being $10-$20, but at that point you're just paying a seller's premium, and yes, patch collecting is fun. You do realize most patch collectors aren't actually walking around with a vest covered in them every time they go to wal-mart, right?

Usually I'll throw one on a backpack, and occasionally someone will catch me on the street, and say "oh hey I know where that's from, that's cool!" or whatever, and we get to talking about related interests. Making friends and having fun, pretty wholesome in my book.  
View Quote

This is GD.

Having fun. Talking to strangers. Not being an anti-social weirdo.

We don't do that here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:10:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a tactical Walleye that's seasoned  as fuck. Y'all can sit on a cactus.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I kept getting them as gifts or prize packs or freebies in orders so I started collecting them.

Reloading room decoration.  Ditto for stickers and magnets.
View Quote

Same.

I got some at various matches, and as swag packs from manufacturers.  Then I bought a couple that I thought were funny or just neat.

I have one on the headliner of my truck covered by a visor.  The only reason why its there is because it was on a backpack and I took it off before heading out in public for the sake of not drawing attention to myself.  The only reason why its still there is because I've never had a reason to take it down.

I've got various patches on various bags, but I usually take them off when I go out because, like I said, I just don't like drawing attention to myself.  The only exceptions I make to that rule are:

1 - Boy Scout camp outs I'll leave my silly patches on.  The boys laugh at them and think they're cool.

B - When I go to shooting events, sometimes I'll leave match related patches on my bags.  

Truck patch:

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My avatar patch is the unofficial insignia of a mountain warfare unit I was a PL and XO for and served in for 6 years.

You sure got me good.

ETA: those are pick axes

Quoted:

Morale patches mil/le or not are freaking goofy.

Funniest thing I have seen today.  
Arfcom never disappoints.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:21:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Why in the fuck would you? Mil I get hell even a boy/cub scout...

But who in the fuck gives a shit and why would you want to solicit it...  

It is worse than the fucky bumper/window stickers...
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If anyone thinks you were former military because you have a morale patch, they're probably retarded.
View Quote

This so much.
Wear what you fucking want, don’t ask some idiots for permission. If you aren’t posing as mil and claiming to be legit you have zero to be worried about.

Real heroes don’t want to be worshipped and don’t care if you like military looking stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Someone doesn't have an Instagram account!
View Quote

Point taken. Can I qualify that with a *Many real heroes..* ?
Lol.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#20]
OP... I for one am glad to see more women, like you, getting into shooting. Mike is a weird name for a broad, though.

No one, who matters, gives a fuck what you decide to wear or not wear.

There's pros and cons for all sorts of shit you may or may not choose to do. You make those calls, not the whims of has-beens or wish-they-would-haves. Not even the still-doin-its get a say in what ever it is you may want to do.

Weigh your options and do what comes out square in your own personal math.

The only sensible argument in this thread is the whole being mindful of shit you wouldn't want a prosecutor to present at your trial for a legitimate self defense shooting.

But, like I said, that's your call.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Same.

I got some at various matches, and as swag packs from manufacturers.  Then I bought a couple that I thought were funny or just neat.

I have one on the headliner of my truck covered by a visor.  The only reason why its there is because it was on a backpack and I took it off before heading out in public for the sake of not drawing attention to myself.  The only reason why its still there is because I've never had a reason to take it down.

I've got various patches on various bags, but I usually take them off when I go out because, like I said, I just don't like drawing attention to myself.  The only exceptions I make to that rule are:

1 - Boy Scout camp outs I'll leave my silly patches on.  The boys laugh at them and think they're cool.

B - When I go to shooting events, sometimes I'll leave match related patches on my bags.  

Truck patch:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/266317/B16E96F6-4DA4-47A6-A3F9-BB2F5D3F3596-1709476.jpg
View Quote

I used to pin a CIB to the ceiling of my vehicle like that.  I don't even do that anymore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Personally I'm not interested in patches or stickers. I don't feel the need to advertise the items i buy or my hobbies to the public at large.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't wear anything on serious gear you don't want to see a prosecutor wave around in a courtroom.
View Quote

I can explain, Your Honor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#24]
These two reside on my camera bag.  Then again, I do have a BoP shirt and spandex shorts too.

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
It’s amusing that some folks feel they have to ask strangers’ permission to do mundane stuff...
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:34:40 AM EDT
[#27]
If they weren't then hundreds of thousands would be stealing soooo much Valor.

I can see the angry meal team sixer, struggling to remove his punisher patch from his XXXL PLate carrier

Anyways, moral patches are not the same thing as unit patches. Never heard a mil. guy get upset that someone was rocking a banana mag patch or a Boog patch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#28]
They are just some fabric design with hook and loop, who care what anyone thinks. As long as it's not some unit patch or something.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:49:03 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399622/IMG_20201201_015144_1_jpg-1709513.JPG

Yes!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399622/IMG_20201201_015144_1_jpg-1709513.JPG

Yes!

I waited almost 6 months for that patch to be back in stock.

I waited over a year for this:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Who the fuck asks permission to stick dumb Star Wars related moral patches on their gear?

Stick one to your forehead OP. ....and then clutch a bunch of dumb moral patches in each hand to prevent typing any more dumb threads.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Retarded people are the most dangerous.

They are out there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#33]
This morale patch is the only morale patch anyone from Arfcom needs
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My avatar patch is the unofficial insignia of a mountain warfare unit I was a PL and XO for and served in for 6 years.

You sure got me good.

ETA: those are pick axes
View Quote

It's still nothing more then a morale patch, as u state it's an unofficial unit patch which means nothing more then morale patch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

LOL where can this be found, por favor?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Using patches as a means of imparting a bit of one's own personality to their gear is not in anyway an attempt at stealing valor. Nor does it imply that you are somehow a combat vet.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#37]
It’s just flair for the low speed high drag crowd.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Personally I'm not interested in patches or stickers. I don't feel the need to advertise the items i buy or my hobbies to the public at large.
View Quote

I feel the same way.

I wouldn't have license plates if I didn't have to.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This morale patch is the only morale patch anyone from Arfcom needs https://www.skdtac.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SKD.718-2.jpg?v-cache=1411626871
View Quote

WTF does that even mean???
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, ain't you special!

OP, do whatever the fuck you want and ignore what asshats think.  For fuck's sake, Murrica, bitches!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is dead accurate.  I wouldn't actually wear any out and about, but I admit I am a patch whore and I've got a couple of patch panels up on a wall.  Some are mil/le service related, others were received at classes and others were given by manufacturers of gear/equipment, etc.  I think they're cool and it's kind of like a look in the rear view to see where I've been and what I've done when I glance at the panels.  And, again, I do admit I just think they're cool.  It beats collecting thimbles, spoons or stamps IMO.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

NOOOOO YOU CAN'T WEAR FORWARD CONTROLS DUCKS IT COPIES THE SOLDIERINOS
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#43]
the struggle is real.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#45]
This is on my plate carrier
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#46]
I just recently came out of my morale patch phase. It got to a point where I was just spending too much money on them.

Started off with a basic flag patch and have come around nearly full circle.

Attachment Attached File

That being said, buy and wear whatever you like. Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#47]

I've got this one on my PC, I like the aesthetic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Middle age men covered in patches like they stepped out of a Spencer's Gifts is wholesome?

Spending $600 on limited drop patches is wholesome?

ETA: if you want to cover yourself in milspec monkey patches don't let my opinion bother you.
View Quote

$600 !

Holy shit. I have lots of patches for $600. Still smell like jet fuel. 100% authentic!

Pm me
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Use velcro to easily change them out. I like them to easily identify my gear or jacket. Lots of people have the same shit and it's easy to mix up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Who are these patches for?  Are Delta Force guys actually running around with waifu girls and white claw cans on their equipment?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top