Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

Might want to be sober that first time.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampvol:

I will voice my sentiments again on the current crypto environment...Get your coins off exchanges.  

Trezor finally arrived. So that's my plan tonight while drunk shit posting on GD.

Might want to be sober that first time.  

Even having done it a few times, it's sphincter tightening :)

I traded out all of my lesser coins, bought btc, and just put it all on my ledger.

Feels good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Good moderate meme... If I were making it, there would have been an asterisk after well run country with the footnote "does not exist".
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a best way/time to move BTC off Coinbase?  I'm looking at mempool https://mempool.space/ and it suggests low/med/high fees but I don't see a way to set that priority from the CB side, normal or pro.  

Looking at https://mempool.space/graphs/mempool#1m, Mempool by vBytes (sat/vByte), looks pretty busy from last week but is tapering off...  There don't seem to be any significant on/off by hour swings, but the rate is much higher than the last several months.

I just want to own my keys, but would like to avoid an overly high fee if I can.  Problem is, I'm not sure I'm looking at the right chart/metric and don't know what normal looks like other than just staring at the charts over time.

Am I over thinking this?

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:08:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#4]
Originally Posted By txjim42:
Is there a best way/time to move BTC off Coinbase?  I'm looking at mempool https://mempool.space/ and it suggests low/med/high fees but I don't see a way to set that priority from the CB side, normal or pro.  

Looking at https://mempool.space/graphs/mempool#1m, Mempool by vBytes (sat/vByte), looks pretty busy from last week but is tapering off...  There don't seem to be any significant on/off by hour swings, but the rate is much higher than the last several months.

I just want to own my keys, but would like to avoid an overly high fee if I can.  Problem is, I'm not sure I'm looking at the right chart/metric and don't know what normal looks like other than just staring at the charts over time.

Am I over thinking this?

View Quote

Mempool looks pretty damn clear to me. CB isn't on the money with current traffic. Their Pro fees to miners are still probably the lowest there are on exchanges (at least all the ones I've ever used). Over the last 6 months+ it hasn't cost me more than about 800sats to withdraw my amounts. Which is higher than the mempool would suggest at the time but I've had it as low as around 200 sats, too.  So $.06-$.25 has seemed reasonable to make sure Brian doesn't hold too much at a time for me.

If using a wallet, you can set your rate when sending. Just can't really control the rate of the exchange withdrawals other than trying to time a non congested mempool, which has been cheap pretty much the entire last year's worth of time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya, LUNA is beyond dead. I bought 140k worth of wluna Saturday morning for the fuck of it, and now I'm thinking...if I was swing trading this crap, I'd probably be up a lot more

I guess the lesson is: as much as I like high risk gambling, swing traders grind out profits. Plain as.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By speedracer422:
Ya, LUNA is beyond dead. I bought 140k worth of wluna Saturday morning for the fuck of it, and now I'm thinking...if I was swing trading this crap, I'd probably be up a lot more

I guess the lesson is: as much as I like high risk gambling, swing traders grind out profits. Plain as.
View Quote

I hope you bought 140k luna coins, not 140k worth of luna coins
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By transplanted:

I hope you bought 140k luna coins, not 140k worth of luna coins
View Quote
Lol, ya...$36 USD
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Just listed some stuff in the EE with BTC as a payment option. That’s a first for me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By goloud:
Just listed some stuff in the EE with BTC as a payment option. That’s a first for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Luna too?  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Good luck.  Haven't had any takers in there when doing so myself.  But maybe one day soon.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Good luck.  Haven't had any takers in there when doing so myself.  But maybe one day soon.  
View All Quotes

I've done one (maybe 2?) transactions in BTC through the EE about 4ish years ago. Haven't been active in EE for a couple-ish years but I would prefer it over USD at this point.

I'm really hoping we see more retail adoption of crypto, the non-.gov variety, in the coming years. I've been carrying around the same $300 in my truck for the last month and a half and used the last of it at the kids school book fair last week and of course I needed some today. Going to the bank to get cash is antiquated AF. I either sit in the ATM lane and wait at least 3-5 minutes per car while grandma or grandpa (no offense to either in this thread ) try to relearn how the machine works as if they dont use it twice a week, every week, or,  I get to go sit at the drive though for at least the same amount of time or more and have the teller get it for me. It's 2022 and I'm still required to fill out a paper withdrawal form in addition to send my DL and ATM card up the tube with it?

90% of the cash I use is for servers at restaurants so they dont have to worry about tax implications if I leave a tip using a card.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:

I've done one (maybe 2?) transactions in BTC through the EE about 4ish years ago. Haven't been active in EE for a couple-ish years but I would prefer it over USD at this point.

I'm really hoping we see more retail adoption of crypto, the non-.gov variety, in the coming years. I've been carrying around the same $300 in my truck for the last month and a half and used the last of it at the kids school book fair last week and of course I needed some today. Going to the bank to get cash is antiquated AF. I either sit in the ATM lane and wait at least 3-5 minutes per car while grandma or grandpa (no offense to either in this thread ) try to relearn how the machine works as if they dont use it twice a week, every week, or,  I get to go sit at the drive though for at least the same amount of time or more and have the teller get it for me. It's 2022 and I'm still required to fill out a paper withdrawal form in addition to send my DL and ATM card up the tube with it?

90% of the cash I use is for servers at restaurants so they dont have to worry about tax implications if I leave a tip using a card.
View All Quotes

So would I.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#14]

So would I.  
View Quote

If you've got a Ruger MKIV in the stainless 5.5'' variety I'll be happy to be your first paid-in-BTC sale!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#15]

If you've got a Ruger MKIV in the stainless 5.5'' variety I'll be happy to be your first paid-in-BTC sale!
View All Quotes

So would I.  

Unfortunately I'm the man with the golden gun (Mark III 22/45 Lite).
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
my ledger is in but the only thing i have compatible with their damned software is my phone

safe to do that way?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
my ledger is in but the only thing i have compatible with their damned software is my phone

safe to do that way?
View Quote

Seriously?  What kind of computer do you have that it won't work on?  

Some Android phones can do a direct wired connection to the wallet too, without the need of using wireless.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Some Android phones can do a direct wired connection to the wallet too, without the need of using wireless.
View All Quotes

safe to do that way?

Chromebook
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Mempool looks pretty damn clear to me. CB isn't on the money with current traffic. Their Pro fees to miners are still probably the lowest there are on exchanges (at least all the ones I've ever used). Over the last 6 months+ it hasn't cost me more than about 800sats to withdraw my amounts. Which is higher than the mempool would suggest at the time but I've had it as low as around 200 sats, too.  So $.06-$.25 has seemed reasonable to make sure Brian doesn't hold too much at a time for me.

If using a wallet, you can set your rate when sending. Just can't really control the rate of the exchange withdrawals other than trying to time a non congested mempool, which has been cheap pretty much the entire last year's worth of time.
View Quote

Appreciate the info.  Looking at the sats/vByte distribution, it seemed like there was a backlog, to me, but has cleared out. The colors/values seem to represent the sats/byte for blocks available for mining/reward. Blocks are ~1MB?  I guess there were a lot of transfers pending mining, likely from wallets that could specify the fee of 0-2 sats/byte. I can see where I can set the fee from the wallet, so if I ever decide to rearrange the deck-chairs I know that option is available.  I came to the same conclusion about the Exchange withdrawals and yanked my sats out of CB.  Sorry Brian, my keys now.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Chromebook
View All Quotes

safe to do that way?

Chromebook

Hmmmm I'm running windows 7 and works.

I can also connect with my android.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Chromebook
View Quote

The Trezor bridge software doesn't work with  chrome either. You do have the option to use the bridge on their website with a chromebook though, which works fine, so maybe Ledger offers something similar.

Supposedly there is a chrome extension that allows it to work with Linux, but I dont really trust that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]

The Trezor bridge software doesn't work with  chrome either. You do have the option to use the bridge on their website with a chromebook though, which works fine, so maybe Ledger offers something similar.

Supposedly there is a chrome extension that allows it to work with Linux, but I dont really trust that.
View Quote

Mixing browser extensions with your hardware wallet crypto sounds like a TERRIBLE idea.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Financial Times article on Luna
https://www.ft.com/content/3e0a65bb-a953-433a-819e-ff29de847336
View Quote
Paywalled
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:02:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#27]
Vitalik coming to the realization that no matter how bright he is or diligently he works, he will forever be chasing something that is more perfect than he can ever create? Or is he simply looking for an exit door?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

He goes on and on in robot talk on his feed...
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:32:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TechOps:
Paywalled
View All Quotes
Paywalled

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bypass-paywalls-clean/

Firefox extension.  It works because I see the article direct with no issues.

Others probably for chrome, etc, do a search.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:15:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveInNC] [#29]

Mixing browser extensions with your hardware wallet crypto sounds like a TERRIBLE idea.
View Quote

There are times when it’s necessary. MetaMask in particular. You’re still protected with the HW wallet. What is a terrible idea is not using a dedicated laptop for your crypto.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SteveInNC:

There are times when it’s necessary. MetaMask in particular. You’re still protected with the HW wallet. What is a terrible idea is not using a dedicated laptop for your crypto.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SteveInNC:

Phantom too, if you want to use it with Solana.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Vitalik coming to the realization that no matter how bright he is or diligently he works, he will forever be chasing something that is more perfect than he can ever create? Or is he simply looking for an exit door?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20220517-235836_Twitter_jpg-2387915.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268409/Screenshot_20220517-235847_Twitter_jpg-2387916.JPG

He goes on and on in robot talk on his feed...
View Quote

He's one strange dude.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Paywalled
View All Quotes
Paywalled

12 Foot Ladder
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#33]

12 Foot Ladder
View Quote

The 12 foot ladder link made paying for the annual membership on Arfcom worth it this year.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:52:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#34]
I hope there's a day in the future when stacking an average of 75k sats daily doesn't make me feel stupid.

But for now...

Unrelated, but I laughed...

Government vs Market:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Oof.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#36]
Pretty good look on the feelings, sentiments, and problems facing El Salvador as they transitioned to a BTC standard last year. The documentary is done by Peter McCormack. It is a decent documentary that was intended as a "feel good" celebration of Bitcoin’s adoption and then transitioned into a broader human conditions piece.

Don't go in expecting nothing but Bitcoin, but it's worth a watch and what will unfold globally if BTC becomes the standard. Excitement, fear, and trying to improve the human condition through a better form of money that many will not understand... Our whole psyche as a species is to fear what we don't know in efforts to keep us "safe". This is breaking millions of years of evolution and thousands of years with government controlled money.

It would be interesting to see a followup report now, 6 months later with price action so far off from the highs.

Follow The Money #1 - Bitcoin in El Salvador

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

The 12 foot ladder link made paying for the annual membership on Arfcom worth it this year.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

12 Foot Ladder

"12ft has been disabled for this site"

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Got a little more at 28.8k.

If this trades sideways or lower for the next month or two, I'll be able to get my average down to mid-high 30ks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#39]

If this trades sideways or lower for the next month or two, I'll be able to get my average down to mid-high 30ks.
View Quote

Still averaging up...
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Still averaging up...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
I'm in this boat too.  Fell victim to fomo a little over a year ago.  "What if it moons and I miss out?!?!"  Derp.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:34:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#43]
Looking good, old friend. Metrics that matter more than immediate price action.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#44]
Something is going on. The B-44 two days ago in El Salvador. The BTC dominance rising. BTC HASHRATE continues to increase to new all time highs.. The BTC price decoupling from stocks and up when they're having another poor performance day...

Something... Is... Happening.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Something is going on. The B-44 two days ago. The BTC dominance rising. BTC HASHRATE continues to increase to new all time highs.. The BTC price decoupling from stocks and up when they're having another poor performance day...

View Quote

Don’t tease me bro.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#46]

Don’t tease me bro.
View All Quotes
Something is going on. The B-44 two days ago. The BTC dominance rising. BTC HASHRATE continues to increase to new all time highs.. The BTC price decoupling from stocks and up when they're having another poor performance day...

Don’t tease me bro.

Let the pussies sell. They'll be the sheep loaded up onto the financial trains wondering what the fuck happened and why the fuck they are in the same position in ten years just under a new mirage system. Michael Saylor and I are going to gobble this fucking market up and be drinking pina coladas on Bitcoin Beach with our toes in the mother fucking sand. The more they sell, the more I'm fucking buying. I can wait a long time for the markets to catch up with reality.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Let the pussies sell. They'll be the sheep loaded up onto the financial trains wondering what the fuck happened and why the fuck they are in the same position in ten years just under a new mirage system. Michael Saylor and I are going to gobble this fucking market up and be drinking pina coladas on Bitcoin Beach with our toes in the mother fucking sand. The more they sell, the more I'm fucking buying. I can wait a long time for the markets to catch up with reality.

View Quote

The biggest fallacy of the BTC Crypto future is this…. There won’t be 95% of the world living in poverty while the crypto gods drive around in their lambos untouched.  Real wealth is an illusion that’s propped up by legal systems that are enacted by governments with militaries.  Crypto doesn’t and can’t solve for this.  Just because crypto isn’t tied to a printing press does not solve all its problems.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#48]
Originally Posted By ThaBaron:

The biggest fallacy of the BTC Crypto future is this…. There won’t be 95% of the world living in poverty while the crypto gods drive around in their lambos untouched.  Real wealth is an illusion that’s propped up by legal systems that are enacted by governments with militaries.  Crypto doesn’t and can’t solve for this.  Just because crypto isn’t tied to a printing press does not solve all its problems.
View Quote

Poverty and on the brink of losing everything is a fine line. Many will simply be content living on that edge in perpetual fear and staying in a holding pattern. They are already because it's all they've ever known and been taught since birth.

Let's differentiate Bitcoin from all of crypto. The latter you ABSOLUTELY CAN print an endless supply. Bitcoin is finite and hardens in time.

Real wealth? Saving should be simpler to provide your future generations rather than being whittled away by outside intervention and/or debasement by governing and banking policies. Your time is at stake and stolen. I.E. At least in terms of finance, your existence is trivial and valueless to subsequent generations. Now, there could be argument whether those generations are deserving at all or will fall flat on their face from your gesture, but the option to preserve your contribution to society via a valuation should be present. Dying with your keys and leaving nothing to your family is also a sacrifice and gift to the rest of the world that you have available.

On a global scale, and as a sovereign state, why would I want your monopoly money for my commodities if at any time you can change the rules of the money on your board game and devalue what I received in return for real goods? Should you have the ability to bully the globe simply because you say you must accept your currency or else I'm looking at a retaliation of war?

Bitcoin fixes all of this.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
While I agree with your enthusiasm, some things are better left unsaid.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:05:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#50]
While I agree with your enthusiasm, some things are better left unsaid.
View Quote

We are PROGRAMMED to be POOR. Telling people the truth might just awaken one or two of them.

Taking risks today leads to the rewards of tomorrow. Hide from the risks and take none, receive the same you have always gotten.  

Selling at 60% off USD valuation when all the signs point to "HEY YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER, THE WORLD IS ADOPTING THIS! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK!" Well, that's just dumb. Somebody needs to hear it BEFORE they do something they may ultimately regret. And for what? Some empty candy wrappers?

Trying to save people the 4 year journey it took me to see it. Become uncompromising.  
Page / 502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top