BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 502
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By laxman09:

I hope not. Im going to go broke buying the dips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Proto3:
Gonna dump again

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]

For the sake of my marriage, I hope so
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna dump again
View Quote

Maybe my buy order will get filled then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Yeah Ive spent all from what I have set aside for this at this time. But I'll have a hard time not breaking my own rule if ETH drops back into the 1400s.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Is anybody else targeting the bull run to end mid Fall? Im looking at September to start pulling a portion of my btc and eth poaitions but not all (in case it just moons).

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally got my coinbase setup to buy a set amount every month. The small amount I bought in 2017 is up bigly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By muddywings:
Is anybody else targeting the bull run to end mid Fall? Im looking at September to start pulling a portion of my btc and eth poaitions but not all (in case it just moons).

Thoughts?
View Quote

I plan on pulling only my cost basis out in Oct.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skydive70] [#9]
Originally Posted By mohawk17:
I finally got my coinbase setup to buy a set amount every month. The small amount I bought in 2017 is up bigly.
View Quote

Damn! I did not know you could set recurring purchases. Thank you for bringing that up.

ETA: Did you do it in Coinbase Pro? If so, how?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:

Curious to this rationale.
View Quote

No real rational other than hearing a lot of talk that this bull run will end in the 4th quarter and lead into a bearish 2022.

I figure I will just leave only the house money in the game just in case it does end up that way. Would probably buy in some more during the bear.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By skydive70:

Damn! I did not know you could set recurring purchases. Thank you for bringing that up.

ETA: Did you do it in Coinbase Pro? If so, how?
View Quote

I think recurring buys are only in regular Coinbase.  At least I haven't seen a way to do it with CB Pro.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I just googled a list of bitcoin friendly banks there a couple that let you link your acct to coinbase, one is USAA.

https://www.banks.com/articles/investing/cryptocurrency/banks-that-accept-bitcoin/
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975] [#13]
Originally Posted By clindt:
Is anyone using a Ledger to keep their coins on?
View Quote

I had a bad experience with a Ledger Nano X just recently, Right after setting it up it bricked. Totally froze on the battery display screen. I couldn’t shut it off and had to let the battery run down. Contacted Ledger and they said return it for a refund at my expense, but the cost to ship it back to France was equal to the refund. I chucked it in the trash. Did a Google search and found it’s a common issue. I wasn’t willing to trust my keys with what turned out to be a shitty product.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By felrom:
Gonna dump again

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/6c/9f/496c9f1577590f5d73175d7d9569c46b.jpg

Good one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bale2011:

I had a bad experience with a Ledger Nano X just recently, Right after setting it up it bricked. Totally froze on the battery display screen. Contacted Ledger and they said return it for a refund at my expense, but the cost to ship it back to France was equal to the refund. I chucked it in the trash. Did a Google search and found it’s a common issue. I wasn’t willing to trust my keys with what turned out to be a shitty product.
View Quote

Oof that's some shit CS
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#16]

I had a bad experience with a Ledger Nano X just recently, Right after setting it up it bricked. Totally froze on the battery display screen. I couldn’t shut it off and had to let the battery run down. Contacted Ledger and they said return it for a refund at my expense, but the cost to ship it back to France was equal to the refund. I chucked it in the trash. Did a Google search and found it’s a common issue. I wasn’t willing to trust my keys with what turned out to be a shitty product.
View All Quotes

Nano S for the win.  No need to over complicate it.  I've been using a few S's for years and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

Nano S for the win.  No need to over complicate it.  I've been using a few S's for years and never had a problem.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

I have a Nano X that’s been flawless.  Firmware and apps have been updated several times without issue.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I know a couple of people that have used the Trezor One and they're happy with them. They would buy two at a time so they had a spare on hand if one crapped out-- could be back in business in minutes buy using the seed words.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh, I bought another $500 of ETH the other day as it was going down... but before it hit bottom.

Hopefully this is just a glitch and it'll at least stabilize for a while.

I'm in for the long haul, tho. I'm not intending to make a quick buck on any rise.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#20]
is there a broad-based wallet available, or do you need basically one wallet per type?

i have a BTC software wallet, and would like to get the rest of my crypto out of the exchanges and into a wallet.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't think my orders near $40k are getting filled.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#22]

Thoughts?
View Quote

I don't think it'll last that long.  Even with the corrections factored in, we are on a parabolic course.  If that continues, we'll be knee deep in a full retard market within 60-90 days.  If we stayed on this path until September, we'd be talking about million dollar bitcoins and I just don't see that happening in this cycle.  There has been a point in every prior Bitcoin bubble where the rate of growth became too high to sustain and it resulted in a blow off top that ended the cycle.  2013 and 2017 are VERY similar in that respect in terms of how much growth in how short of a time so if you need a good benchmark, look at the last two weeks of both of those cycles.

My apologies for the MSPaint:

Attachment Attached File

To be clear, nothing we've seen to this point is similar to the final two weeks of the 2013 and 2017 cycles.  Both of those cycles saw the price of BTC double in about 2 weeks before imploding.  We haven't seen anything like that yet.  I think the fastest move we've seen was going from $20k to $40k but that took about 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
View Quote

SundayTM
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sirensong:
is there a broad-based wallet available, or do you need basically one wallet per type?

i have a BTC software wallet, and would like to get the rest of my crypto out of the exchanges and into a wallet.
View Quote

You can add a few coins as long as there is an "app" and support to a Ledger if you want a hardware option. All major coins are supported. Not sure about all the other hardware wallets but assume they function similarly. There are software wallets available that permitted multiple coins but I never trusted them myself. If you're in shit coin territory, well, that's different.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Ledger is compatible with many cryptocurrencies
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

I don't think it'll last that long.  Even with the corrections factored in, we are on a parabolic course.  If that continues, we'll be knee deep in a full retard market within 60-90 days.  If we stayed on this path until September, we'd be talking about million dollar bitcoins and I just don't see that happening in this cycle.  There has been a point in every prior Bitcoin bubble where the rate of growth became too high to sustain and it resulted in a blow off top that ended the cycle.  2013 and 2017 are VERY similar in that respect in terms of how much growth in how short of a time so if you need a good benchmark, look at the last two weeks of both of those cycles.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/178958/Capture_JPG-1840014.JPG

To be clear, nothing we've seen to this point is similar to the final two weeks of the 2013 and 2017 cycles.  Both of those cycles saw the price of BTC double in about 2 weeks before imploding.  We haven't seen anything like that yet.  I think the fastest move we've seen was going from $20k to $40k but that took about 4 weeks.
View Quote

I’m targeting Max Kaisers $220k prediction and on e it hits there start pulling .1 btc a week before it drops. Doing that for about a 6 week period then wait to buy back in but for a full btty is my hope.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
So is this the thinking.
- we get a melt up and then a correction. The next market cycle high won't be until (how long do these take?)
- people either hold long term until the next market cycle high or try to take profits and buy at the new floor. However - the new floor may be 45k.

am in right here?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
So is this the thinking.
- we get a melt up and then a correction. The next market cycle high won't be until (how long do these take?)
- people either hold long term until the next market cycle high or try to take profits and buy at the new floor. However - the new floor may be 45k.

am in right here?
View All Quotes

So is this the thinking.

am in right here?

The btc cycle is 4 years: up, more up, huge up, and crash.
We are in the huge up year.

The only thing that could change that is the institutional investors are coming in hard now. Could cause two positive things- either a super cycle where you see a rise like never before ($500k/btc) and/or less of a blow off after the run up. Who knows?

So either time it and sell at the high to double up at the lows or hodl and ride it out till the next high year in the cycle. I’m 45 so I’m on the 5 year plan but i may play with a portion to try to double up.
I dont think $45k will be the new floor after this cycle. I think $220k is doable this year with a 50-60% drop off of that.

All this is my own guess work using people who are smarter than me with more crypto experience.

Good luck longs! Buy the frickin dip!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
View Quote

Patience my friend
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]

The only thing that could change that is the institutional investors are coming in hard now. Could cause two positive things- either a super cycle where you see a rise like never before ($500k/btc) and/or less of a blow off after the run up. Who knows?

So either time it and sell at the high to double up at the lows or hodl and ride it out till the next high year in the cycle. I’m 45 so I’m on the 5 year plan but i may play with a portion to try to double up.
I dont think $45k will be the new floor after this cycle. I think $220k is doable this year with a 50-60% drop off of that.

All this is my own guess work using people who are smarter than me with more crypto experience.

View Quote

I really need to switch off the chart for a couple months.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m finally in the money after tossing a few bills at the dip.  It’s only three dollars, but at least I’m positive.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

This 'cycle' is different, we have a lot more data and the adoption rate, number of wallets, number of exchanges, etc., have changed many of the factors.

I do think that we are in a corporate adoption phase, I work with a law firm that specializes in crypto and they are extremely busy working on corporations who are buying BTC as a strategic asset, and getting custodial licenses. These are the biggest Japanese companies and they all want to add BTC to their strategic reserves, and there is a huge amount of pressure on the government to clarify how BTC and other coins can be used for accounting purposes of publicly traded companies.

Those who know, are buying as much as they can. Those on the fence, are going to have to buy because they don't want to be the CFO that didn't buy BTC at $50,000 to $60,000 when their competitors did. 3 big Japanese banks have tested XRP as a replacement for SWIFT and the results were fantastic.

I personally believe we are still at the pre-amazon stage of development for blockchain when you compared it to the 1990s and the internet development.  

$250,000 BTC by the end of the year is very possible. The amount of BTC being removed from exchanges tells a very interesting story.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

This 'cycle' is different, we have a lot more data and the adoption rate, number of wallets, number of exchanges, etc., have changed many of the factors.

I do think that we are in a corporate adoption phase, I work with a law firm that specializes in crypto and they are extremely busy working on corporations who are buying BTC as a strategic asset, and getting custodial licenses. These are the biggest Japanese companies and they all want to add BTC to their strategic reserves, and there is a huge amount of pressure on the government to clarify how BTC and other coins can be used for accounting purposes of publicly traded companies.

Those who know, are buying as much as they can. Those on the fence, are going to have to buy because they don't want to be the CFO that didn't buy BTC at $50,000 to $60,000 when their competitors did. 3 big Japanese banks have tested XRP as a replacement for SWIFT and the results were fantastic.

I personally believe we are still at the pre-amazon stage of development for blockchain when you compared it to the 1990s and the internet development.  

$250,000 BTC by the end of the year is very possible. The amount of BTC being removed from exchanges tells a very interesting story.

View Quote
if we're at a 250k BTC what are the gurus thinking ETH will be at
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Around $30,000.

You need to own and stake 32 ETH to become a validator when ETH 2.0 is out. It is not unreasonable to assume that staking 32 ETH and running a node on the network will be a $1M investment.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#35]

Around $30,000.

You need to own and stake 32 ETH to become a validator when ETH 2.0 is out. It is not unreasonable to assume that staking 32 ETH and running a node on the network will be a $1M investment.
View Quote
30k this year?!

I'n not up on the ETH 2.0 and staking.  I only have a handful - do I need to do anything ahead of 2.0?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

On android Coinomi supports several different coins.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#37]
30k this year?!

I'n not up on the ETH 2.0 and staking.  I only have a handful - do I need to do anything ahead of 2.0?
View All Quotes

Around $30,000.

30k this year?!

This year? Naw
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Around $30,000.

View All Quotes

Around $30,000.

Really? $30,000? That’s encouraging.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#39]
30k this year?!

View Quote

No, if you are holing then just store it safely or keep it on an exchange you trust.

ETH is going to power a whole new industry of decentralized finance, insurance, and legal-related companies. The easiest way to think about it is to imagine all the major insurance companies moving from paper-based records and going to smart contracts on ETH blockchain. Imagine how much data and information will be moving back and forward, and that movement of information needs to be paid for (gas). If you are a major insurance company you need to own ETH to keep the 'gas' (cost of movement, action) costs down, and owning a lot of ETH and staking it will reduce those costs.

Now imagine car loans, credit cards, energy management, logistics, shipping, medical supplies, licenses, art, sports memorabilia, music, all being managed on the ETH network. This is how big the ETH network (and its price) can potentially become.

ETH has a lot of good competitors, but the first-mover advantage is massive as is the number of developers working on it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Coinbase will allow you to stake any amount of eth as they will group it with others.
I have half in cb and the other in blockfi.

I think $30k might be a stretch for 2021 but someday soon after that.
My range for 2021 is $10-20k. I hope you are right and I’m wrong though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Coinbase will allow you to stake any amount of eth as they will group it with others.

View Quote

No one knows, the crystal ball for crypto is almost always broken. It could tank tomorrow and ruin everyone's Lambo dreams.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#42]

No one knows, the crystal ball for crypto is almost always broken. It could tank tomorrow and ruin everyone's Lambo dreams.
View All Quotes

Don’t kill my buzz man! Lambo dreams ;)
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Patience my friend
View Quote

That would be a true 30% dip from the recent $58,000 high so I'm hoping for that as well.
The bounce from Monday's lows has not been dramatic so I think we could see it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#44]
The depressing thing about btc now is, a fairly large chunk of money, only gets you a few hundred sat

Five years ago it would have bought a whole coin
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#45]
Sudden jump up with litecoin for some reason

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Here comes the surge. Looks like wsb is playing with amc and GameStop again
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Paypal and Square combined buy 100% of daily BTC production.
Grayscale buys another 100% of daily production.
On a single day in December, Grayscale bought 14 days of production.
Over the last week Microstrategy bought 21 days of production.

Anyone selling any time soon on the hopes of catching a leg down and making a quick buck is taking a giant risk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Anyone selling any time soon on the hopes of catching a leg down and making a quick buck is taking a giant risk.
View Quote

Some dude from Dubai allegedly purchased 4.8 BILLION in BTC.

Time for Elon to step up his game.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Htown156:

Some dude from Dubai allegedly purchased 4.8 BILLION in BTC.

Time for Elon to step up his game.
View Quote
I saw that link this morning but I couldn't tell if it was saying that he was going to buy 100,000 Bitcoin, or he already owned 100,000 and he was going to use them for this project. Maybe I'm just misreading.

https://gulfnews.com/business/company-releases/dubais-ibc-group-pledges-100000-bitcoins-the-largest-bitcoin-investment-in-history-to-support-setup-of-miami-20-blockchain-strategy-foundation-1.1613649280442
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:55:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#50]

View Quote

Retail investors are selling (they think about finances short term), and the institutional investors are buying, buying, buying (they think and can manage finances long term).  What's that telling you about where the price is headed?    Not sure if true, but I have read Square's latest $170mln purchase was acquired at an average buy-in of $53k/BTC.  Some time in the not so distant future, $53k/BTC might look like a great deal.
Page / 502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top