Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
How do I get the Parler app on my iPhone if I can't get it from the Apple app store? I can't get verification on my home computer because Parler requires me to take a selfie. I don't know how to get the app on my phone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do I get the Parler app on my iPhone if I can't get it from the Apple app store? I can't get verification on my home computer because Parler requires me to take a selfie. I don't know how to get the app on my phone.
View Quote

A Selfie?  I never had to do that.  I have the app on my pixel and can log in on the website no problem.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Looking for removed apps from Apple or Google Play Store?

https://apkpure.com/

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
It's official: Amazon Web Services pulled the plug on Parler. She's dead, Jim. The censorship is 100% full throttle.

This site can’t be reached

parler.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Next up on the freedom chopping block:

Fosco Marotto
@fosco
3h

What a day! We were struggling all day, while deploying 10 new servers, scaling up our database, and optimizing various features... Even with that, 600k new users managed to sign up. As of 3am, the site is running pretty good. Tomorrow we keep scaling. Welcome to all the new gabbers!
9,394 likes

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
My Parler is down, gone, etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My Parler is down, gone, etc.
View Quote

AWS pulled the plug on Parler's servers a little after midnight Pacific Time. Parler is toast.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#8]
They says they will be back

If they are not by the end of feb ill be on Gab
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They says they will be back

If they are not by the end of feb ill be on Gab
View Quote

Something tells me that somehow they won't reappear. Court lawsuits will be filed with injunctions against restarting, or their new server host will find themselves shut down, or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Next up on the freedom chopping block:

View Quote
Yep. Gab will be targeted. Lawsuits, incitement charges, etc. Supporting Twitter and Facebook won't work, but neither will segregation. Just makes us an easier target.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Something tells me that somehow they won't reappear. Court lawsuits will be filed with injunctions against restarting, or their new server host will find themselves shut down, or whatever.
View Quote
And the CEO said even his attorneys are abandoning him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
And its gone...

But hey, at least it wasnt the gobermant. Right libertarians?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
But muh their business their rules bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why in the world in this climate would you want a verified account?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
But muh their business their rules bullshit.
View Quote

Corporate oligarchy is not a free market.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why in the world in this climate would you want a verified account?
View Quote

I was disappointed when Parler changed rules and required verification to post gifs in replies
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#18]

70TB of Parler users' messages, videos, and posts leaked by security researchers

The scrape includes user profile data, user information, and which users had administration rights for specific groups within the social network. Twitter user @donk_enby, who first announced about the scrape, claims that over a million video URLs, some deleted and private, were taken.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Why people keep posting that?  It's already be disproved, the ONLY "leaked" was posts and images that were publicly available.  ANYONE could have seen them or saved them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]

This is what they think Plan B is.

I think they are kidding themselves.  I don't think this is "Plan B", do you?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why people keep posting that?  It's already be disproved, the ONLY "leaked" was posts and images that were publicly available.  ANYONE could have seen them or saved them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My bad. With all that's going on right now it seemed plausible.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15-backup.com/media/mediaFiles/155072/Screen_Shot_2021-01-11_at_6_05_27_PM_png-1775330.JPG

This is what they think Plan B is.

I think they are kidding themselves.  I don't think this is "Plan B", do you?
View Quote

the hell it is, last time a checked the KKK was founded by the democrats
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#24]
We all terrorist now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like Parler may have found a new web host.
On Monday, Parler registered its domain and server to be hosted by Epik, an internet webhosting company known for working with right-leaning websites. Gab, another social media platform popular with conservatives, also uses Epik. A web domain search shows that Parler is now registered with Epik.

Epik put out a statement on Monday claiming it had no discussion of providing future services to Parler. Epik did acknowledge, however, that Parler was "working on satisfying the requested terms placed upon them."

Epik also defended Parler and said that it was being unfairly treated in comparison to its larger competitors Twitter and Facebook, which create an "undeniable double standard" when it comes to their policing and enforcement of content...
View Quote

Washington Examiner link
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like Parler may have found a new web host.

Washington Examiner link
View Quote

Good, good.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone posted that as well.

They aren't taking it well.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

lol what party switch?

its their fault that we are going to have a true racist in office for the first time in decades
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErjBRKpW4AIMvJY?format=png&name=small
View Quote
Epik is not a hosting company.  They "host" domain info...not the site itself.... corrected...looks like they are, but my guess not for 20m user site.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#32]
any news?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Something is going on at parler.

https://www.parler.com/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Something is going on, but not much.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#35]
FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, step #1 is to toss crapple in the trash.

Parler is back online !
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#38]

GOOD
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#39]
you should update the thread title somewhat OP so people can get the good news

@KennyW1983
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm getting 404 not found.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
you should update the thread title somewhat OP so people can get the good news

@KennyW1983
View Quote

It’s a general Parler thread, to be honest I’m not even following it anymore.

But it sounds like they found a new host, so that’s good.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Not up for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is more than nothing,
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wonder about that. You aren't the only one that's saying  it's not up for them. ISP blocking maybe? Are you using a VPN/proxy? It's up for me. I see a message from John Matze saying

Hello world, is this thing on?

and

Now seems like the right time to remind you all — both lovers and haters — why we started this platform. We believe privacy is paramount and free speech essential, especially on social media. Our aim has always been to provide a nonpartisan public square where individuals can enjoy and exercise their rights to both.

We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon. We will not let civil discourse perish!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wonder about that. You aren't the only one that's saying  it's not up for them. ISP blocking maybe? Are you using a VPN/proxy? It's up for me. I see a message from John Matze saying

and

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and

Now seems like the right time to remind you all  both lovers and haters  why we started this platform. We believe privacy is paramount and free speech essential, especially on social media. Our aim has always been to provide a nonpartisan public square where individuals can enjoy and exercise their rights to both.

We will resolve any challenge before us and plan to welcome all of you back soon. We will not let civil discourse perish!

GOOGLE won't even find the Parler website, I went to DUCKDUCKGO and typed in the website and saw the message that was posted. So Google is blocking Parler.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

GOOGLE won't even find the Parler website, I went to DUCKDUCKGO and typed in the website and saw the message that was posted. So Google is blocking Parler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and

Now seems like the right time to remind you all  both lovers and haters  why we started this platform. We believe privacy is paramount and free speech essential, especially on social media. Our aim has always been to provide a nonpartisan public square where individuals can enjoy and exercise their rights to both.

That makes sense. I use duckduckgo, but I just went directly to the parler site. I don't use search engines to find websites I visit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone in their IT department finally found 2 brain cells and after a week figured out they could repoint their domain to a static page on a different server.  That is something that should have been within a matter of hours, just like GoatBoy did with Arfcom last week.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Someone in their IT department finally found 2 brain cells and after a week figured out they could repoint their domain to a static page on a different server.  That is something that should have been within a matter of hours, just like GoatBoy did with Arfcom last week.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arfcom was kicked off the registrar, Parler was kicked off the server, two completely different circumstances.  If Amazon kicks Arfcom it won't be quick to rebuild either.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

For those who can’t get to it. I just went to, wait for it, Parler.com
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top