Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 8:45:31 PM EDT
I LOVE the good ol' yellow stuff,
so I had to try the cherry flavor too.
Tastes like a sloe gin fizz.
Not bad, but I can't imagine mixing it with tequilla in a jam like I do with the original.[):)]
Has any one been able to
determine whether or not the dosage of caffeine is as effective as the original?

[s]d[/s]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Curiosity got me to try some. I wasn't too impressed. Tasted like ordinary fruit punch to me. Being a diabetic, I might have some in the future if they make a diet version.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tastes like a Shiley Temple to me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me get this straight. Mt Dew has a red drink out? I'll look for it if it's true.
Will it still keep me bug eyed for a few hours?
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Tastes pritty good to me better than the original i think
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You Mountain Dew lovers will get a kick outta this. My friend is a Vietnam Vet. and he has a nervous condition... something like Post traumatic shock syndrome or something. Anyway the recent(two years ago) doctor said "This med. will take care of the tension you feel in a normal day. It's active ingredient is caffeine, and it costs $150. per week. OR you can drink Mtn Dew it has more caffeine than these pills!" Now he totes a 2 liter of the green stuff everywhere.     ........well, I thought it was funny. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
tastelike Hawian Punch.  ATF
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm diabetic also and live on Diet Mountain Dew! If they ever stopped making it, I would go into withdrawal.

I tried the Code Red, just to see what it was like, wasn't too bad, But give me my DMD [:P]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it tastes OK. However, after about 10 ounces of it, I start getting a sick-to-stomach feeling, and it lasts for SERVERAL hours.

However, I can drink a 6 pick of diet mountain dew (YUM!) in about 4 hours... hehehheheheh

(I think diet everything just tastes better.....)
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
"Do you have anything to wash this disgusting taste out of my mouth?"

"Only Mountain Dew or Crab Juice."

"Oh! Yech! Garg! Give me a crab juice!"
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
I think it tastes OK. However, after about 10 ounces of it, I start getting a sick-to-stomach feeling, and it lasts for SERVERAL hours.

View Quote

I have had the same thing happen, only
it was Surge.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Armalite Fan had it right:  it tastes VERY much like a Shirley Temple/Roy Rodgers (depending on your sex).

Overall, not too bad.  If you want something cheaper and even tastier, though, drop by a local Winn-Dixie (or any other Chek(R) distributor) and pick up some of their Cherry Limeade.  Great stuff, and about $.75 a 2-Liter.  That and a $6 large pizza, mmmm...the college boy special!

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny you should bring this up. I literally make Mountain Dew Code red for a living.
I work for Pepsi making soda. Part of my job is involves drinking soda, lots of soda, every half hour in fact.
Mountain Dew Code Red is, in my opinion, the best flavor to come from Pepsi in the last five years.
Everyone must try it.

And I'm not just saying that so my stock options will increase in value.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I wasn't too impressed by the red stuff. I'm not diabetic, but I started drinking DMD about 8 years ago, after many years of regular MD. I've gotten to the point where if the store doesn't have DMD, I get pissed. Regular MD is too damn sweet for me anymore. It doesn't even taste good to me and I used to LOVE the stuff.
DMD is my morning wake up after breakfast - I've never even tasted coffee! Why bother when DMD is so good!  Why don't convenience stores make a little more room for it so they don't keep running out?????
As a side note, I can't stand any of the other diet drinks. Choice #2 tends to be Coke or Pepsi.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've gotten to the point where if the store doesn't have DMD, I get pissed. Regular MD is too damn sweet for me anymore. It doesn't even taste good to me and I used to LOVE the stuff.
DMD is my morning wake up after breakfast - I've never even tasted coffee! Why bother when DMD is so good!  Why don't convenience stores make a little more room for it so they don't keep running out?????
View Quote

Gus, my long lost twin brother!

Why is it, that they have 400 cases of MD and 10 DMD, That irriatates me to no end [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
Tastes like a Shiley Temple to me.
View Quote

Hee-Hee, is that your MANLY drink?

[:X]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Do you have anything to wash this disgusting taste out of my mouth?"

"Only Mountain Dew or Crab Juice."

"Oh! Yech! Garg! Give me a crab juice!"
View Quote

LOL!  Good ole Homer!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Roy Rodgers? never heard of this when i was growing up.Manly drink?You all leave me alone Im feeling very confussed right now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Why is it, that they have 400 cases of MD and 10 DMD, That irriatates me to no end
View Quote

Because we make MD 8 times a week average run of 8,000 cases while only making DMD every other week about 3,000 cases.
I can't beleive you guys actually like DMD.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#19]
MD my best friend for years.  Code red is pretty good but origional is better.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I LOVE the original but I havent got the guts to waste a dollar on the "Red" stuff yet. My friend said it was just like punch.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I was just told (by the Pepsi guy at the grocery store) that
Code Red is in the trial
stage and will only be available in 20 oz
bottles at convenience stores.

I need a 2 liter!!
The way I drink,
I don't even taste
the first 20 oz. of any beverage.

Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I drink iced tea and water.
Sometimes milk if I'm in the mood for it.

Is something wrong with me?
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this code red in a can or liter bottle?
There are two gas stops and one market in town. I'm going to hit all three looking for this today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#24]
MD is for pussys drink JOLT!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
MD is for pussys drink JOLT!!
View Quote

Jolt rock's--isn't their slogan "Twice the sugar and all the caffiene" or something to that effect--great stuff,  I can't stand Mountain Pew or the new red crap.

brian73
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Ilove Mtn Dew.  I have read that it it one of the most popular soft drinks in the USA, behind Coke and Pepsi obviously.  

Anyone remember Rondo?  Good stuff.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I have one word for all of you...

beer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#28]
MMMMM....beer, I couldn't have said it better myself.

[i]Just one more drink, should put me through[/i]
[i]I'm think as not, as I drunk am you[/i]

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#29]
While MD has been good to me for years I stopped drinking it and other sugar drinks.  I know drink Diet MD and have lost about 20 pounds.  I miss the old MD but Diet has started to taste good to me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have one word for all of you...

beer.
View Quote

for those like me that are not umm of age yet ill stick with Jolt
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#31]
I found it in a liter bottle in Tonopah NV. yesterday.
I'm undecided about it. Nothing special, good or bad. Just so-so.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm a MountainDew junkie. Can any of you say that you have actually sweated green after drinking 2 sixpacks on a hot afternoon?

Having established my bona-fides, I have to report that I have, indeed tried the new red MountainDew.  My conclusion is that it tastes as if it was filtered through a diabetic wino.

Don't mess with the original.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:22:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Coca Damned Cola. Thats all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top