BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinking of putting one together also.  If the whole concept is meant for grabbing quickly and throwing it on when things go bump in the night what is the purpose of having an inner and outer belt?  To add in keeping it in position I am assuming?  Would you then have to put the inner belt on and then attach the outer belt velcro to the inner?  Seems self defeating of the purpose.

What am I missing or misunderstanding?
View Quote

I just finished building two belts. I got a 2 piece Blue Alpha belt which will be primarily set up for if I’m going to wear it all day.  I also built an HSGI slim grip (belt sleeve) which will be my throw on quick belt, or for when I’m FOB cruising is PTs and don’t have belt loops.  Figure out what your purpose is going to be, and build your belt as such.  For example, I only have a TQ on my Blue Alpha belt and not a whole IFAK because it will mostly be used in conjunction with my PC which will carry my IFAK.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking of putting one together also.  If the whole concept is meant for grabbing quickly and throwing it on when things go bump in the night what is the purpose of having an inner and outer belt?  To add in keeping it in position I am assuming?  Would you then have to put the inner belt on and then attach the outer belt velcro to the inner?  Seems self defeating of the purpose.

View Quote

I had similar questions/concerns. Here's how I came to terms...

If I'm going to a class, fight ANTIFA, defend neighborhood (a'la Katrina)... Double belt. Basically, if you've planned for it, inner/outer belt is the best option

In "peacetime" mode, inner belt is separated, stowed and the outer belt gets lined with a HSGI Micro Grip Belt Panel. This setup is for unplanned (bump-in-the-night) events. Grab > click > go.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also don't understand those cobra belts; how do you adjust them over different clothes?
I bought a slightly oversized Daltech gun belt* (leather gun belt) and will be getting one of these. Should be fine over basketball shorts or jeans with a belt on.
*I wear 36-38 jeans, wear a 40 normally (probably could use a 42 for IWB) and bought a 44 for this.
https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/33DG0-33DG0.html

Tactical Mora!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
So setting up my belt and bought a Safariland holster with thumb drive for my 1911.  Only problem is the thumb drive doesn't really clear the padded portion of the outer belt.
The belt loop backing that the holster screws to is 6 1/2" tall.  Does anybody have a good idea how to get another inch of length?  I've emailed SF but it's been a couple weeks with no reply, and when I call I get put on hold.  For quite a while.
I've got a drop leg rig but I'm trying to keep things simple and fast.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So setting up my belt and bought a Safariland holster with thumb drive for my 1911.  Only problem is the thumb drive doesn't really clear the padded portion of the outer belt.
The belt loop backing that the holster screws to is 6 1/2" tall.  Does anybody have a good idea how to get another inch of length?  I've emailed SF but it's been a couple weeks with no reply, and when I call I get put on hold.  For quite a while.
View Quote

You need a Safariland UBL.  It will drop the gun a bit and push the top away from your body slightly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve been trying to get an extra inch for years
In all serious though I just got in a Safariland drop adapter that I won’t be using since I bought a True North adapter.  Might be just what you’re looking for.  Cover the shipping and it’s yours.
@1911fan
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I find them useful, but you will want to make sure it rides okay, or get suspenders. Otherwise it will fatigue your hips. Especially if you have an assault pack on that makes contact with it. I like the ATS tactical War Belt with Suspenders. Just make sure you get out and move around with whatever setup you have before it’s go time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

been trying to get an extra inch for years
In all serious though I just got in a Safariland drop adapter that I won’t be using since I bought a True North adapter.  Might be just what you’re looking for.  Cover the shipping and it’s yours.
@1911fan
View Quote

LOL.... sadly thanks too Peyronies I went the other way....

@Detn8r-Red2 I'll take you up on that offer, IM sent with info.

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL.... sadly thanks too Peyronies I went the other way....

@Detn8r-Red2 I'll take you up on that offer, IM sent with info.

View Quote

Care package headed your way! Tossed in a couple extras too since I didn’t know what you needed lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Clutch Belt on Sale

Yeah, I know it's Botach but I have had a minimum of issues with them. The Clutch is great for a low-vis battle belt or CCW if you want to carry a bit more in shorts or sweats or just don't like threading crap on your belt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Care package headed your way! Tossed in a couple extras too since I didn't know what you needed lol.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/10C3BA55-6779-48E7-A0B2-F6AA29236881_jpe-1765115.JPG
View Quote

This is stuff I like to see. "Us" helping "us" out. Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Care package headed your way! Tossed in a couple extras too since I didn’t know what you needed lol.
View Quote

Wow... thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/10C3BA55-6779-48E7-A0B2-F6AA29236881_jpe-1765115.JPG
View Quote

Nice.  Good job.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow... thanks!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see this sort of thing on arfcom 1000x more than on any other online communities i participate in. We're a family. A dysfunctional family, but a FAMILY nonetheless!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m trying to run down a coyote brown UBL mid ride. Near unobtainable.

Hit me up if you spy one out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know this probably isn't the answer you want to hear (because it was the one I didn't want to hear, either), but you're almost immediately better off buying the black one that is readily available and spraying it coyote.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know this probably isn't the answer you want to hear (because it was the one I didn't want to hear, either), but you're almost immediately better off buying the black one that is readily available and spraying it coyote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's FDE ones available, as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can't really see them once the holster is on so color matching shouldn't trigger your OCD too much

I have a hodge podge of black, FDE, and coyote belt slides and QLS forks/mounts and it's not really noticeable.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#20]
On the homestretch of mine, ill be back.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
My Blue Alpha belt has been sitting in the same origin facility in Georgia since the morning of the 18th. Originally supposed to be here on 12/21, it hasn't been updated at all since a manual adjustment of "in transit, arriving late" on 12/22.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#22]
My updated garand battle belt.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm trying to run down a coyote brown UBL mid ride. Near unobtainable.

View Quote
T-rex arms has FDE in stock for $20. Mine is so close to my coyote stuff, I have no desire to paint it. It is barely seen as is. If you really must have Coyote, just paint one?

ETA: @cavgunner this is what the FDE looks like against coyote stuff. I can't imagine it getting very noticeably, much closer.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
T-rex arms has FDE in stock for $20 mine is so close to my coyote stuff, I have no desire to paint it. It is barely seen as is. If you really must have Coyote, just paint one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T-rex arms has FDE in stock for $20 mine is so close to my coyote stuff, I have no desire to paint it. It is barely seen as is. If you really must have Coyote, just paint one?

Lanbo's has the ubl for around $11
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right on. I just looked there to see if in stock. I thought I paid less than 20 when I got my Ragnarok holster, but don't remember.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are out there with QLS attached.

Thank you

I’m carving it up any way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Right on. I just looked there to see if in stock. I thought I paid less than 20 when I got my Ragnarok holster, but don't remember.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup ordered one black for my sons belt and an fde for me.

After shipping prices was about average. QLS kit was $18 btw.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
T-rex arms has FDE in stock for $20. Mine is so close to my coyote stuff, I have no desire to paint it. It is barely seen as is. If you really must have Coyote, just paint one?

ETA: @cavgunner this is what the FDE looks like against coyote stuff. I can't imagine it getting very noticeably, much closer.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210106_171957_jpg-1767488.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210106_171957_jpg-1767488.JPG

Excellent thanks

You’ve calmed my ocd lol

ETA

Couple NUBmods on the way
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Esstac and Ragnarok SD goodies inbound.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I have an Esstac double pistol gap pouch and want to carry 2 AR mags. I don't think I can fit a double AR pouch (38" waist). Are there any horizontal pouches to carry in the rear? 1 mag on the side 1 in the rear. I remember there's been some discussion about not carrying a solid item behind your spine in case you fall on your back.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have an Esstac double pistol gap pouch and want to carry 2 AR mags. I don't think I can fit a double AR pouch (38" waist). Are there any horizontal pouches to carry in the rear? 1 mag on the side 1 in the rear. I remember there's been some discussion about not carrying a solid item behind your spine in case you fall on your back.
View Quote

Get two singles and see.

Worst case you can sell the extra, use for other belt or other setup
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I had similar questions/concerns. Here's how I came to terms...

If I'm going to a class, fight ANTIFA, defend neighborhood (a'la Katrina)... Double belt. Basically, if you've planned for it, inner/outer belt is the best option

In "peacetime" mode, inner belt is separated, stowed and the outer belt gets lined with a HSGI Micro Grip Belt Panel. This setup is for unplanned (bump-in-the-night) events. Grab > click > go.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/20-hsg-95mgl1bk__1__jpg-1764231.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/20-hsg-95mg01bk_jpg-1764230.JPG

View Quote
this

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Which mounting style to attach an esstac pistol magazine pouch to a battle belt w/ molle?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#34]

@ThrustMyStoma

Tell me about your True North leg strap add-on. Pros/cons? Any hot spots? stays away from your junk?

I got my MHA yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time with it. I think it wants to be located at a very precise spot. Otherwise, with some movements I get a poke in the leg. It doesn't hurt but it did raise an eyebrow when I was thinking about how it would feel at 20mph. I also noticed that when dynamically moving with a loaded pistol attached, the assembly would flip out a little bit (hence, my question about your TN leg strap).
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Which mounting style to attach an esstac pistol magazine pouch to a battle belt w/ molle?
View Quote

@garbageman

Velcro 1" OneWrap

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

@garbageman

Velcro 1" OneWrap

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/download_jpg-1769325.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210107_024855455_jpg-1769326.JPG

What about MALICE clips?  My belt looks like this  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@ThrustMyStoma

Tell me about your True North leg strap add-on. Pros/cons? Any hot spots? stays away from your junk?

I got my MHA yesterday so I haven't had a lot of time with it. I think it wants to be located at a very precise spot. Otherwise, with some movements I get a poke in the leg. It doesn't hurt but it did raise an eyebrow when I was thinking about how it would feel at 20mph. I also noticed that when dynamically moving with a loaded pistol attached, the assembly would flip out a little bit (hence, my question about your TN leg strap).
View Quote
Its fine. I use it with a grave solutions teardrop and a cheapo amz legstrap. the biggest thing is make sure you have the adapter exactly where you want it along with the angle of the draw of your holster before you loctite everything down. The tear drop swivels and allows the strap to move with your leg. Ive only jabbed myself once when it got caught goin into a car seat bolster. @PFran42
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Doesn’t that just stick to the inner belt? Seems if loop is on the inside to hook to outer belt, then hook is to loop on inner belt and may peel off when outer is removed?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Doesn’t that just stick to the inner belt? Seems if loop is on the inside to hook to outer belt, then hook is to loop on inner belt and may peel off when outer is removed?
View Quote
It sticks to the outer belt and itself. connecting/disconnecting the inner belt has no affect on it as the overlapping connection with itself is a lot stronger than what the inner belt is trying to do with it.

Rock solid, zero movement and you can place items exactly where you want them on your belt. Plus, you can easily swap things in and out as your needs dictate.

Had I tried OneWrap before ordering my Blue Alpha battle belt, I would have just ordered a belt without the PALS loops.

Just make sure you are buying legit OneWrap and not substituting for a cheap product that can easily tear.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#40]
So for my Esstac belt and plate carrier I have (3) 556 mags on my chest and 1 Glock mag but might delete it in that location. On my belt I have a double 556 and a double Glock. I also recently picked up a triple MP5 pouch setup from Esstac. Should I add that in somewhere if I have room on the belt or replace the Glock pouches on the belt with MP5? This isn't for competition only SHTF. I would imagine I'd be using my suppressed AR and have my Glock on my belt. I'd transition to another AR or the MP5 so I'm not sure where to integrate the MP5 mags or if I should.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just bought that exact thing on Amazon last week.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So for my Esstac belt and plate carrier I have (3) 556 mags on my chest and 1 Glock mag but might delete it in that location. On my belt I have a double 556 and a double Glock. I also recently picked up a triple MP5 pouch setup from Esstac. Should I add that in somewhere if I have room on the belt or replace the Glock pouches on the belt with MP5? This isn't for competition only SHTF. I would imagine I'd be using my suppressed AR and have my Glock on my belt. I'd transition to another AR or the MP5 so I'm not sure where to integrate the MP5 mags or if I should.
View Quote

I would keep things simple and just stick to AR and Glock mags.  Rifle is always better than what amounts to a big pistol that is the MP5.  This  way if you pack a resupply bag or assault pack, you don't have to go "Shit did I throw MP5 mags or AR mags in here", just always lean towards the AR
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah I think I might just kit out a second chest rig with the MP5 mags as a backup and I can clip it on
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditch pistol on carrier.
Keep two pistol on belt.

3x AR on PC
2x AR on belt
2x Glock on belt

That's 180 rounds of 556
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Just saw this thread. I’m finally working on one. I have the HSG Cobra belt I used for a regular belt but I’m gonna try to order the laser cut slim belt/pad to go along with it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#46]
What you don’t appreciate is that the next 4 years will be peaceful since dems are in power. No riots or looting, homelessness or protests will take place.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My ubls shipped from Lanbo’s  

I’ve seen some interesting mods some companies are doing. Wraps, belt size reducers etc.

I’ll be chopping off the belt loops and bolting on Tech Loks. Dremel at the ready!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#48]
So $150-200 range.

Seems most are going with the BlueAlpha? Think I'll get in line and get one on order, or is there another route I should go?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So $150-200 range.

Seems most are going with the BlueAlpha? Think I'll get in line and get one on order, or is there another route I should go?
View Quote

That's an esstac belt and some Kywis as well.

Do you know anyone who has one or both so you can try them out?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's an esstac belt and some Kywis as well.

Do you know anyone who has one or both so you can try them out?
View Quote

Unfortunately not.

So this https://esstac.com/shooters-belt-1-75/

And the rest of the stuff pouches etc.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top