BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got my shipping notice from DTT. Ordered on 6/1 so 8 days, not bad I guess. When it delivers I will report back. Gas port measurement will be first thing to check.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my barrel yesterday; I opened the box but didn’t open the bag to look at the actual barrel. Will look at tomorrow since I am working from home
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got my barrel yesterday; I opened the box but didn’t open the bag to look at the actual barrel. Will look at tomorrow since I am working from home
View Quote

Good deal man. That packaging at least beats the hell out of CDNN’s packaging, huh?haha

I’m trying really hard not to get one more. Only 56 more out of around 200 2 weeks ago. Though I’m sure we’ll see some nice folks on here posting them for $250+ in the EE just as soon as the last barrel sells lol

Should have my Diemaco furniture set in a couple of weeks. One of the Rem socoms got the C8A3 make over, so I figured it’d be fitting to do the same with one of the Mennies :)

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good deal man. That packaging at least beats the hell out of CDNN’s packaging, huh?haha

I’m trying really hard not to get one more. Only 56 more out of around 200 2 weeks ago. Though I’m sure we’ll see some nice folks on here posting them for $250+ in the EE just as soon as the last barrel sells lol

Should have my Diemaco furniture set in a couple of weeks. One of the Rem socoms got the C8A3 make over, so I figured it’d be fitting to do the same with one of the Mennies :)

https://i.imgur.com/hGliyYv.jpg
View Quote

That is a nice set of Diemaco furniture. I would love to get a set like that; I had to settle for Colt Defense instead for my C-8. Oh well; sending the furniture to get Cerekote Noveske Bazooka Green plus will buy an Eotech 552 or move around one that is already on an existing rifle.

The packaging is very nice compared to CDNN. CDNN did a piss poor job of shipping while DTT did a very job. I might buy another one and keep it in reserve after I build out a upper for one of my best friends  that beat cancer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone measured the port yet?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has anyone measured the port yet?
View Quote

I measured everything up. Everything matches the specs from what I can see.

A .062 pin fits easily in the gas port, a .063 pin doesn't.
Barrel nut is not phosphate coated. Looks blued.
Complete barrels with barrel nut weigh between 1033.4g and 1034.2g (2 lb 4.45oz and 2 lb 4.48 oz).
Stripped barrels weigh between 854.0g and 855.4g (1 lb 14.12 oz and 1 lb 14.17 oz).
Taper pins were easy to remove.
Phosphate coated under the FSB.

Hopefully test fire tonight.

I don't know if these were rejects or surplus or what. They seem like good barrels made to USGI specs so far.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Complete barrels with barrel nut weigh between 1033.4g and 1034.2g (2 lb 4.45oz and 2 lb 4.48 oz).
Stripped barrels weigh between 854.0g and 855.4g (1 llb 14.12 oz and 1 lb 14.17 oz).

I don't know if these were rejects or surplus or what. They seem like good barrels made to USGI specs so far.
View Quote

This is great to hear. For the price you wonder but I guess there are still some deals out there to be had. I wanted a Colt barrel but this seems pretty close and considering the price I had to try. This is going on a Block II clone. Depending on the performance we'll see how/where it fits in my collection.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stripped barrels weigh between 854.0g and 855.4g (1 llb 14.12 oz and 1 lb 14.17 oz).

View Quote

Thanks for the info, man.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the detailed info! I meant to weight one. I just get too da** excited when getting a barrel and have them torqued down onto an upper before I know it lol Also forgot to mention the blued (what seems blued anyways) barrel nut. Looking forward to the range report!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is great to hear. For the price you wonder but I guess there are still some deals out there to be had. I wanted a Colt barrel but this seems pretty close and considering the price I had to try. This is going on a Block II clone. Depending on the performance we'll see how/where it fits in my collection.
View Quote

Quoted:

Thanks for the info, man.
View Quote

Quoted:

Thanks for the detailed info! I meant to weight one. I just get too da** excited when getting a barrel and have them torqued down onto an upper before I know it lol Also forgot to mention the blued (what seems blued anyways) barrel nut. Looking forward to the range report!
View Quote

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posting stock levels on the forum/multiple forums whipping up a frenzy is a sure way to make that happen sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered one and a RIS 2.  Guess I know what I'm building!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just ordered one and a RIS 2.  Guess I know what I'm building!
View Quote
Did the exact same thing will have to compare it to my Colt Socom barrel Block 2 I just built when this one is done.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did the exact same thing will have to compare it to my Colt Socom barrel Block 2 I just built when this one is done.
View Quote

Yes, be interested to see how they compare accuracy wise. Please let us know.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Around how long is taking individuals to get order confirmations? Order 30 barrels about a week and a half ago and just got an order confirmation but no shipping confirmation.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Around how long is taking individuals to get order confirmations? Order 30 barrels about a week and a half ago and just got an order confirmation but no shipping confirmation.
View Quote

You ordered 30?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

wow, dude went all-in.

didn't DTT just file for bankruptcy?  this morning's news.  just kidding!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Assembled a M4A1 MWS/Block I URG today and test fired. Everything functioned as expected. Don't expect a MOLON accuracy report from me. This URG will at most have a 4X ACOG on it.

The only possible negative I have found is that you can install the taper pins beyond centered without much effort. I'm just going to leave them "loose" and monitor.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally pulled mine out of the bag and it was very nice. Bought a second one this afternoon to build a upper for my best friend. These will be sold out soon
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty sure these will be gone in 24 hours. They went from 90 to 42 in one day so get one while you can. Definitely worth the price.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys I took picture of the barrel and it is really nice. Glad I bought a second one. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Well guess we’ll see, place my order. I seen these when they first come out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:24:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Mines came in. It has 4/2017 date stamp on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Sold out. Glad I got one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sold out. Glad I got one.
View Quote

You knew that was coming since new Colt and FNMI are becoming ever increasing difficult to get at a reasonable price
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Why do you say sold out?  Still shows available at the Delta Team and Davidson Defense web pages.  Supposedly, both have live inventory pages.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#27]
They are using this same barrel for $289-300 upper kits as well. Search " barrel chrome lined" and you'll see them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are using this same barrel for $289-300 upper kits as well. Search " barrel chrome lined" and you'll see them.
View Quote

Yeah I just saw that; but you have to pay another $19.99 USD for the upper to be built. I bought the second barrel with a fully assembled Digital Tool upper with charging handle for $94 USD, the exact same price as one of their assembled uppers/parts kit. I would honestly rather have it dissembled because I would want to build it in whatever configuration I want. Bought two AO Precision BCG’s from Right To Bear Arms (EE Sponser) for $89.99 USD (C158 bolt MP/HPT) and now want to figure out how to build out my upper. For my best friend I will build his out using a BCM MCMR rai.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought about going that route too, but you can build one with a BCM blem for a little cheaper.

I gave in and grabbed one last one before they’re gone. May just put this one up as a spare.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Like so many others have said in the past about hanging out on ARFCOM: damn it you guys have cost me money!

Looks like a nice barrel at a good price so thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hey guys I took picture of the barrel and it is really nice. Glad I bought a second one. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111856/4A2F0DF2-DAE0-48A7-BF87-EE4F26764B4F_jpe-1458721.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for sharing the pics. I just purchased the last one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I snuck one in this morning aswell. $201 shipped
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Going... Going...  GONE!

They are now out of stock.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep, OOS! You can’t add one of the upper assemblies that they had listed as having one of the barrels either now. Good to know 200 more potential AR’s are out in the wild:) would love to see some of your all’s builds! The Diemaco furniture set should be here Wednesday. I’ll get some pics up once I get it put together. Need to find another tri rail.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Glad I bought one. Finally going to put together a 1.5 PR build.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]
My barrel arrived 3 days after the shipping notice. Nicely packaged and in the special blue bag. Lots of details on the label. Bore looks great, chrome is applied perfectly, great looking feed ramps. 05/2017 mfg date. Gas port is a loose .0615 drill bit, I can't get to my big index right now. Taper pins were easy to drive out, no heat needed. Overall a pretty killer deal for the money. Can't wait to see how it shoots. I'll be putting the upper together this week. Just need a rear BUIS and I can get it out to the range.

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:47:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The only possible negative I have found is that you can install the taper pins beyond centered without much effort. I'm just going to leave them "loose" and monitor.
View Quote

I ran into this issue as well. Does anyone know if you can replace the taper pins? They are for sure metal but feel softer than usual.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I ran into this issue as well. Does anyone know if you can replace the taper pins? They are for sure metal but feel softer than usual.
View Quote

Yeah, you can definitely replace them. I don’t think it’s necessary at all though. Knock them in as far as they’ll go. I HIGHY doubt anyone is going to have their pins fall out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#39]
The MMC with the set of Diemaco furniture I got in today. Will be changing  a few things eventually (endplate, getting a sling, putting a 552 on it, etc).

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The MMC with the set of Diemaco furniture I got in today. Will be changing  a few things eventually (endplate, getting a sling, putting a 552 on it, etc).

https://i.imgur.com/G9o675gl.jpg
View Quote

Man, that looks great!  Where did you order the furniture?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Man, that looks great!  Where did you order the furniture?
View Quote

Thanks man! I got it off a Canadian member on here who had bought it and a bunch of other parts for a couple of builds he had planned, but is unfortunately having to sell all of his stuff due to the ban. Really nice guy. I had bought a bunch of other Colt Canada parts off of him for another C8 build I did about a month ago before buying this set.

Just stuck a 552 on it, a cut off carry handle, and a temp sling. I’ll post an updated pick once I can get it uploaded. Took one of it together with the other C8 clone I did with one of the Rem Socom barrels.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone got tracking for their barrels? This is my second one
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone got tracking for their barrels? This is my second one
View Quote

I just got tracking for the last one I bought last weekend. Got it earlier today.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Order placed 6/14/20
Tracking received 6/18/20
Delivery estimated by 6/23/20
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Order placed 6/14/20
Tracking received 6/18/20
Delivery estimated by 6/23/20
View Quote

Ordered last Friday; got nothing yet
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ordered last Friday; got nothing yet
View Quote

Took 8 days for me between order and ship confirmation.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Took 8 days for me between order and ship confirmation.
View Quote

Correction; ordered mine on June 11th. Man, DDT lags in shipping
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Ordered 6/11.  Shipped 6/16.  Arriving 6/22.  Was supposed to arrive today but USPS is a mess right now.  

All the bits and pieces are waiting.  Just need to decide if I want to use my chopped carry handle rear sight or the Troy folding battle sight...
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Correction; ordered mine on June 11th. Man, DDT lags in shipping
View Quote

That’s crazy. Not to be the devils advocate here, but I’ve had terrible shipping experiences with some of the most reputable companies during this panic. Add the fact that they sold more barrels in 2-3 weeks than they probably sale in 6+ months. I’m surprised shipping hasn’t been slower for most. It is strange though that you placed your order 3 days before mine and haven’t gotten a shipping notice while I have.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top