Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious to know what percentage of police are under a labor union...and for those who are, where are their union reps?
View Quote

I've seen 40% posted in past threads about police unions.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Going to work and actually do anything are two different things.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If we took off a month around here it would look like The Purge.  The only thing keeping the criminals from getting slaughtered around here are the police.  It would be kind of rough at first and there would be some long running blood feuds in the aftermath, but Appalachia could definitely exist without police.  I'm not sure anyone with half a brain would want to live like that, though.  

I'd definitely be stocking up on 5.56 and 9mm if we planned on walking out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Exactly this....   Although it would only take a week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want cops nationwide to take a month off, not answer a single 911 call.

People will change their tunes real quick.

Exactly this....   Although it would only take a week.

Probably.  But those extra 3 weeks would really drive the point home.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Who else will arrest gun owners, business owners, and people going to church? You?!

They can't quit. If they were not cops they would be working Mall Security or flipping burgers at Micky D's. It's not like your average cop has any other marketable skills. It's not like they could go be a hair dresser or mechanic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the ghetto will burn and the rest of us won't notice the difference.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did the job for 20 yrs ( London UK ).

During which we had a reform after our chief stated we were institutionally racist.

Afterwards, lots of cops just stopped dealing with black youths. Just drove past and pretended they did not see.

It just was not worth the hassle. Most people would just take their citation or ticket or arrest. Black youths wanted to fight over everything - especially once they realised we were scared of lawsuits.

And most of my 20 was before social media and cameras everywhere. I got the job done without fear of armchair experts looking at video, frame by frame. The same arm chair experts who cheer the movie cop beating a confession from a bad guy.

If I had a son, I would advise against joining. If he insisted, I would tell him to go for a cushy boring evidence store job etc asap - dealing with the public is walking through a minefield - sooner or later you get chopped off at the knees.

My 20 were all street patrol. I was a fucking idiot.

I would give full support to a nationwide 3 day strike or blue flu.

Give them the police free state they want for 3 days. If they like it, great.

But I predict they will beg for the return of policing - with its imperfections.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They can't quit. If they were not cops they would be working Mall Security or flipping burgers at Micky D's. It's not like your average cop has any other marketable skills. It's not like they could go be a hair dresser or mechanic.
View Quote

That's exactly what my friend from work did after he got fired.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Who else will arrest gun owners, business owners, and people going to church? You?!

View Quote

Oh you poor innocent fool !

The skills they have and put to good use serving and protecting you..............are invaluable and could make a shit ton of money if abused !

The fact that 99% of cops fired, take a shit low pay job rather than becoming criminals prove just how decent they are !

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes but probably not in the way you think.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Also, the overwhelming amount of the country is not as bad as the news makes it out to be.
View Quote

Yeah, just shut the news propaganda off for a few weeks and give the rest of us a break.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We were trained that someone using a taser on us would be a situation where we could use deadly force.  To turn around and fire an officer for following training is fkin insane.
View Quote

Politics trumps the rule of law i suppose.

Police Officers are now being treated the same way as regular civilians when they do something politically Incorrect.  Like defend themselves from Democrat voters.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No - it would go the same way it goes in other countries with police no-go zones.

Warlords / gangsters take over "policing". You as an individual will not be allowed to deal with crime. They will. Based not on right or wrong but on financial basis. Who us paying the most protection money.

Hell - your local warlord now in charge, is more likely to disarm you than the liberals ever were !!

Take a holiday. Live in a Rio favella for a month. See how no policing goes there !
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If we took off a month around here it would look like The Purge.  The only thing keeping the criminals from getting slaughtered around here are the police.
View Quote

This is something the left and those calling for the police to be disbanded simply don’t realize.

Without the cops to deal with the problems of society, the law abiding will quickly become the ones dishing out justice.

And I firmly believe that those folks, in a world without cops would be much faster to use deadly force on all levels of criminals simply to end them swiftly and absolutely.

On the flip side of things if y’all did sit this one out for a month or so, the community you would return to would be much more peaceful and polite, it might smell awful until the hogs and buzzards finished dining on the dead bodies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would probably only take a few days.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#16]
All NYPD should do a sick out the next commie DeBlasio spews BS about the NYPD.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]
It seems many are quitting.  I think most are just trying to weather the storm, hoping for sanity to return.  Being a cop is all they know, and by far the best paying job for their current skillset.  The especially good ones do it out of a sense of moral obligation and a refusal to leave their communities to the wolves, and the especially bad ones may be hoping the backlash to all this eventually makes them legally invincible.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This coming from a man whose screen name suggests he hails from Gary, IN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, the overwhelming amount of the country is not as bad as the news makes it out to be.

This coming from a man whose screen name suggests he hails from Gary, IN.

I have never actually been to Gary Indiana. Heard that it was a shit hole.

It was just a nickname a drunken friend presented me with. I found it humorous.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#19]
dunno

errbody supposed to hate us but they sure as hell won't stop calling 911
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I got paid Friday, after much overtime was spent smiling and waving at people giving me the middle finger.

Seeing those numbers warmed my heart
View Quote

Is a thumb considered a finger?...here's mine to you.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure about APD but our local SO’s policy is that deadly force is authorized if a suspect has an officer’s taser. Brooks already showed he was willing to fight officers to resist arrest - why wouldn’t a reasonable officer believe he would be willing to use the Taser as well? He had already taken it and pointed it at the officers. Is it unreasonable to assume he’d use it and take a sidearm? Whether you think that policy is inappropriate is a separate issue - you can’t train guys one way then fire them when they do it.

It seems the only options left for LE are:

A) Let anyone run away who resists arrest
B) Be vilified in the press, lose your job, and face charges if you defend yourself
C) Put your life in the hands of a stranger who’s already assaulted you.

View Quote

Clown World doesn’t care what the policy says, or why it’s there. If you shoot a black guy after he fights with you and steals your Tazer, you will be fired and a Wendys will be burned and sacrificed to appease the angry gods.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A pay check and benefits?
View Quote

Typically good benefits.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
How does he like it?  Any regrets?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is something the left and those calling for the police to be disbanded simply don’t realize.

Without the cops to deal with the problems of society, the law abiding will quickly become the ones dishing out justice.

And I firmly believe that those folks, in a world without cops would be much faster to use deadly force on all levels of criminals simply to end them swiftly and absolutely.

On the flip side of things if y’all did sit this one out for a month or so, the community you would return to would be much more peaceful and polite, it might smell awful until the hogs and buzzards finished dining on the dead bodies.
View Quote

An armed society is a polite society.  Dumb asses calling for the police to be disbanded should tune into a local police dispatch app.  Want to find out all the fucktard shit going on in their community that cops have to deal with on a daily basis?  Shit is eye opening. Red pilled my wife in less than a week!
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  I’ve been preaching this too.

You LE types; talk among yourselves. Make it happen. Go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Back in the 90's, I developed a law-enforcement strategy I like to call "MYOB Policing." And let me tell you... it works.
Shit, maybe that could be my second calling. Screw these guys that train cops to shoot, I could train them to stay out of trouble.
View Quote

You and extorris running PowerPoint presentations...
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#28]
how many calls for help are there for fire and rescue that have to wait for law enforcement to arrive first and secure the scene?

I really don't think these anti cop folks are thinking this through

I'm with the ones that think the police should take a month off, maybe two

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#29]
One word (pension]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back in the 90's, I developed a law-enforcement strategy I like to call "MYOB Policing." And let me tell you... it works.
Shit, maybe that could be my second calling. Screw these guys that train cops to shoot, I could train them to stay out of trouble.

Runcible and Extorris are the Statler and Waldorf of the muppet show we are currently witnessing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#31]
same reason anyone else goes to work

Lisa needs braces
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Georgia is taught that. I was for 10yrs. When a suspect attempts to use a taser against you it’s deadly force escalation.

The officer was fired for literally no reason and I hope it ends the mayors career.

Hoping the railroaded Officer gets a nice settlement.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

For some reason it is now considered taboo that when you fight a cop you could die. Blacks seem to love doing this for whatever reason they can come up with and then the whole world is surprised when the criminal is killed. That criminal normally has a lengthy record and drugs in his/her system to boot.

I don't fuck with them, they don't fuck with me. This has worked for over two decades for me.
View Quote
Judges are at fault for this.  If I committed some petty crime, and decide I want to start throwing punches at a cop trying to arrest me, I know I'm not just doing community service for the petty crime; I'm going to fucking PRISON for felonious assault on a Police Officer.

Why aren't these assholes dealt with the same way by the court system?

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dental plan, medical insurance, sweet sweet taxpayer-paid pension, wages?...
View Quote
So, come to work and sit in the patrol car.

There are a lot that can't give up the power trip / adenine rush catching "bad guys"
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Cops can't strike and angry cops rarely burn down an Arby's so I doubt anyone cares.
View Quote

First of all, put me on a jury of anyone who burns down an Arby's and I'm going to vote not guilty.  Not once have I eaten there and not gotten mad, venomous shits.

And as far as a strike goes, I mean....they *could* strike, right?  Or all call in sick?  Whether or not they are allowed to seems mostly irrelevant in today's world.  Rule of law in today's urban society you say?

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We were trained that someone using a taser on us would be a situation where we could use deadly force.  To turn around and fire an officer for following training is fkin insane.
View Quote
Not to mention the fact that the pursuing officer had no way to know what was being pointed at him.  Especially because from that video, it looks like a muzzle flash.  I'd have emptied my gun into the fucker.

On top of that his partner was behind him, and he had no way to know whether the partner was incapacitated, or if the criminal had actually gotten the officer's gun.

The whole thing is fucking idiotic; it was a good shoot.  Not only the was the cop easily in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury, the fact that the criminal has just beat both of them and took a weapon, is on it's face proof that he was certainly willing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I stand corrected.

By the way, I did not intend (that second part) that as an insult -- very few people are qualified for multiple backup careers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got fired in early 2001 and was still regretting being dumb enough to get fired when I last saw him in 2009.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#39]
A couple weeks ago I started a thread called Time For Choosing.  It was about supporting good leos vs. letting the rioters run rampant.  Of course a large % of GD told me I was an idjit for even saying I support leos, for any old reason at all.

Now I see the tide a turnin', at least a bit.

Toldjaso.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I understand why some people used to become police.  The same reason some people become teachers or join the military and it ISN'T the money.  The fact that there are any new recruits wanting to become police is what baffles me.  Put your life on the line daily for many people who have no respect for any authority, do everything by the book or else you will be hung to out to dry by media, communities, your bosses and half your co-workers.  It isn't about helping and serving anymore.  This is a very sad day in America.
View Quote

A lot of this the police did to themselves.

A great many went full retard during the Covid19 hoax (The virus was real, the reaction was the hoax) or went along with obviously deranged liberal mayors/governors or whoever. Though it was the tiniest of minorities of police officers pulling stupid shit like arresting some father playing catch with his kids or a mother and child off a park bench, or worse the fucking retarded faggots that went after the guy paddleboarding literally a mile from another human being, it was televised and the media ran with it and it did significant damage to people's opinion of L.E.

What their actions did was alienate those who are traditionally the largest supporters of Law Enforcement.

Then this Floyd shit kicked off and the police, at least in the cities, have no support from anyone. The left wants them to go away because... actually I have no fucking idea why they want them gone, they're who ensures their survival.

The right wants them gone so they can flip the switch from simmer to "Deep Fat Fry" and go meet violence with overwhelming violence.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Former cop here, I make enough to put me comfortably in the top 4% or so of earners in the United States. To be an officer where I was you need, at the very least, a bachelor's degree, first responder/EMT, the college academy, then you go to the academy of the force you're going on, and once you're licensed by POST, you have to do CEU's, AKA: Continuing Education Units. Basically they can be anything, NHTSA accident school, DUI SFST, whatever, and most people choose to go to college and get their Master's degree or higher.

My current field is in a career field connected by a thread, that being NHTSA accident investigation school I got sent to. (Which was an awesome class, if you're LEO and your Chief/Training weenie can be talked into it, DEFINITELY get that one. Makes the resume shine!)

Most former officers I know move on to very good jobs. Some in the same skill set, some not. Contrary to what you might think, some of us get tired of dealing with assholes, touching the hands down most disgusting people on the planet, and worse is the general fuckery of those above you both politically and bureaucratically. I consistently laugh at people who make the same comment you did about marketable skills, yet they're scraping by on $50k a year.

And with the amount of education and a huge number are former military, carry veteran's preference with them, if there's a job we want, we are extremely competitive.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

a week will do it
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Just off the top of my head I would say that is never acceptable to shoot someone in the back as he runs away.  All of that nonsense about a reasonable officer is just plain bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm wondering if there are going to be any police when I go to Seattle in mid August. I think I'm going to take an Uber instead of public light rail from the airport to the ferry. And I think I'll bring my G43 as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Former cop here, I make enough to put me comfortably in the top 4% or so of earners in the United States. To be an officer where I was you need, at the very least, a bachelor's degree, first responder/EMT, the college academy, then you go to the academy of the force you're going on, and once you're licensed by POST, you have to do CEU's, AKA: Continuing Education Units. Basically they can be anything, NHTSA accident school, DUI SFST, whatever, and most people choose to go to college and get their Master's degree or higher.

My current field is in a career field connected by a thread, that being NHTSA accident investigation school I got sent to. (Which was an awesome class, if you're LEO and your Chief/Training weenie can be talked into it, DEFINITELY get that one. Makes the resume shine!)

Most former officers I know move on to very good jobs. Some in the same skill set, some not. Contrary to what you might think, some of us get tired of dealing with assholes, touching the hands down most disgusting people on the planet, and worse is the general fuckery of those above you both politically and bureaucratically. I consistently laugh at people who make the same comment you did about marketable skills, yet they're scraping by on $50k a year.

And with the amount of education and a huge number are former military, carry veteran's preference with them, if there's a job we want, we are extremely competitive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This cop had an MBA during the last quarter of his career and became a CPA one year after retirement.  

No other marketable skills.

I was a cop, because I liked the work and I liked trying to help my community keep the rif raf out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Cops go to work for the same reason you do, mortgage, kid needs braces, groceries, medical bills. That sweet pension plan ? A lot of that Pension comes out of your check monthly, just like the $980.00 per month for dependent coverage insurance on the family. Most cops work extra jobs to make ends meet no big bonuses here. All so they can get cursed and spit on or sold out by some politician wanting to be reelected. Or the second guessers who sat on their ass in an officer chair and tell the world what they should or should do all while they have their finger up their own ass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They (West Virginia University) just took away guns from campus police officers.  WVU president said he did not want people of color to be afraid.
Said local police will now handle violent calls. That just gave them like 40% more people to have to deal with.  They should be like "nope, don't call us. You have sworn , trained law enforcement officers on your payroll."

Campus chief had a thin blue line flag in his office. I give it a week until he is gone.

8nBAIT
View Quote

How much in taxes does WVU pay the local government?

Time to say... fuck off.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Dental plan, medical insurance, sweet sweet taxpayer-paid pension, wages?...
View Quote

Georgia officer laughs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In what universe would that accomplish anything positive? It would be seen as an attack on minorities and definitive proof of modern policing's racist nature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would absolutely love it for the Police unions to release their violent crime statistics involving race on national television.  Break it down to percentage based on population numbers, too!
In what universe would that accomplish anything positive? It would be seen as an attack on minorities and definitive proof of modern policing's racist nature.

"Numbers are racist and are used by the white man to keep the black man down."  - actual quote seen on Facebook
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Maybe these guys have the right idea

Page / 3
Top Top