Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where the ‘privilege’ is, amiright?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them migrate to Village Point eventually.

Where the ‘privilege’ is, amiright?

That, a Best Buy, and an Apple Store.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are small businesses here (WA/Seattle area) all set to open up today, as covid restrictions are easing up. Many of them were destroyed. A tattoo shop had everything inside smashed. Insurance might cover damages but are they going to cover lost revenue while they rebuild and replace lost items?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A business is not work dying over. That is what insurance is for. It appears he had to use deadly force to protect himself and that is what you have to do in that situation. I don’t see the point of being out there in the mix.

No doubt the media will twist this and make him out to be a racist.

There are small businesses here (WA/Seattle area) all set to open up today, as covid restrictions are easing up. Many of them were destroyed. A tattoo shop had everything inside smashed. Insurance might cover damages but are they going to cover lost revenue while they rebuild and replace lost items?

Fuck. That. Noise.

When a thief takes something from you (and really, what is a looter/rioter anyway, but a violent thief), they aren't merely taking/destroying your material possession(s). They are also taking your time, and your peace of mind. They steal the time it took to earn the money to buy the television. They are stealing the time it took to build/rebuild/restore the classic car. They are stealing the hours put in to building up a business. They are stealing the peace of mind that is simply gone when your home or business is smashed in, burned, ransacked.

Hell, why not just let them have their way with your wife and/or daughter while they are at it. After all, you have health insurance to pay to fix the physical damage, and counseling for the mental anguish, right?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Somewhere in the middle of America
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Omaha? Where? What happened?

It’s on I-80 halfway between San Fran and New York.  Look for the small town with a two stoplights and you found us.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why do people keep saying this? 99.9% of property insurance have exclusions for acts of God, acts of war (foreign or civil) and civil commotion/rioting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A business is not work dying over. That is what insurance is for.

Why do people keep saying this? 99.9% of property insurance have exclusions for acts of God, acts of war (foreign or civil) and civil commotion/rioting.

@mordecai

Read my post at  2:12:55 PM.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's on I-80 halfway between San Fran and New York.  Look for the small town with a two stoplights and you found us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on I-80 halfway between San Fran and New York.  Look for the small town with a two stoplights and you found us.

Jesus dude, how about a little security here, don't tell people everything!!  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Allegedly.  Allegedly used the n-word, and we know people lie to justify aggravated assault and attempted murder/murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is GD now saying it's bad for someone to defend themselves from a horde of insurgents out to do grave bodily harm?

The fact an insurgent got shot and the Gov is ok with it should be a fucking warning to all other insurgents,"if you value your lives, go home"

Yup. Apparently the fact the bar owner used the n word means he's the bad guy.

Allegedly.  Allegedly used the n-word, and we know people lie to justify aggravated assault and attempted murder/murder.

"Kleine also addressed a number of social media posts which state that Gardner allegedly used racial slurs against Scurlock. Kleine said there is no audio of racist comments, and that witnesses, including Scurlock's friends, did not indicate there were any racial tones in conversations leading up to the shooting."
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That, a Best Buy, and an Apple Store.
View Quote

And Scheels.  Won’t someone please think of scheels?  Can they maybe ransack Dick’s at Westroads?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Jean Stothert had/has a CCW. I take that to mean that she supports the 2nd and self-defense. The chief of police has always seemed like a good guy.
I don't see them throwing this business owner to the wolves and shitting all over the county attorney especially when they showed the public videos of the incident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There not going to stir things up any more than it already is.

Jean Stothert had/has a CCW. I take that to mean that she supports the 2nd and self-defense. The chief of police has always seemed like a good guy.
I don't see them throwing this business owner to the wolves and shitting all over the county attorney especially when they showed the public videos of the incident.

She carrys a Glock G-26.
Her and the polce chief are not going to undermine the county attorney.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

She carrys a Glock G-26.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She carrys a Glock G-26.

They kind of did. Made the comment that it was his decision alone.  Thought that was pretty pathetic and weak.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They kind of did. Made the comment that it was his decision alone.  Thought that was pretty pathetic and weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She carrys a Glock G-26.

What sort of input does the mayor need to have in a question about the law?  Her not being involved in the decision is appropriate.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What sort of input does the mayor need to have in a question about the law?  Her not being involved in the decision is appropriate.
View Quote

Yeah I thought that part was weird.  Was she just trying to educate those that skipped Civics class? Her word choice was
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

She carrys a Glock G-26.
View Quote

Yeah, not a chance of that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Possibly unrelated, possibly using the unrest as cover, there's a guy that apparently has been stalking one of my neighbor's daughter for a year or two.  Last night at about 2330 there were a few shots into their house.  At about 1630 today they came back and put 7 more shots into the house.  I don't live in a super nice, west O neighborhood, but I've been here for 7 years and its the first time I've ever of any real crime outside of little shits going through unlocked cars at night.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Homeboy's definitely missing a chromosome.
View Quote
I think he may have three copies of one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've always wondered the rational for why another member goes around following another, and picks at his posts like a fucking hen.

It's some super passive aggressive weirdness, but if it gives you a reason to get out of the bed.....let me be your motivation
View Quote
It was intended to be an amusing comment on verbosity.

I guess it wasn't.

I had no intention of "following" you.

I read your post and commented ........... relax.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#16]

I didn't know Steve Buscemi had a side job as a news broadcaster.  Neat.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Jake Gardner is a Marine, a good guy, and a good family man, the old guy in the video is his 67 year old dad- Jake was protecting him more than anything- when he got out of the marines, he bought a bar, and has owned a couple since- he’s level headed and calm, he was truly trying to protect his dad, and his livelihood
My kids have known him since he was a teenager-
The evidence was overwhelming in his favor- I know the prosecutors office, which is top notch, the homicide unit, and the political leadership were close to unanimous with the no charge decision

They got it right , but he’s being framed in social media as a racist, which is all it takes to make the narrative powerful
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Jake Gardner is a Marine, a good guy, and a good family man, the old guy in the video is his 67 year old dad- Jake was protecting him more than anything- when he got out of the marines, he bought a bar, and has owned a couple since- he’s level headed and calm, he was truly trying to protect his dad, and his livelihood
The evidence was overwhelming in his favor- I know the prosecutors office, which is top notch, the homicide unit, and the political leadership were close to unanimous with the no charge decision

They got it right , but he’s being framed in social media as a racist, which is all it takes to make the narrative powerful
View Quote

This is where we failed, social media.  We get doxxed and employment fucked with, they stalk the fuck out of us on social media if we speak out.  I'm not sure how to counter that, because you can't say anything in his defense without it effecting your life.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife is opd and at the precinct down town she says there is 400 or so down there some had backpacks full of bricks its hard for her to keep me posted but her time to get the fuck out of there keeps getting pushed later and later. Im getting slightly more then nervous about it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I guess it wasn't.
View Quote

I was watching Omaha Scanner when it happened.  You see 5 or 6 police officer take off running up the street.  Then hear someone was shot.  Now what struck me as interesting is the fire department and rescue arrive, pretty quick given the situation.  You could see a small crowd gathering by the rescue.  All the sudden this woman dressed in black with a red bandana around her neck starts yelling.. "a person of color was shot....  5 bullets...5 fucking bullets"  The crowd suddenly about doubled and then started pressing toward the rescue squad that was just starting to load him up.

That chick wasn't even there, she appeared from nowhere and incited the crowd.

Go to 1:15:34 and start watching from there.  Inciter shows up and starts shouting about shooting a person of color at 1:23:00

Omaha Scanner face Book

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I agree. Me personally, I wouldn’t make a stand over a business store front. That is just me. On other hand, I would make a stand over my house and for my neighbors too. Just my thought on the matter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can leave your house when things go bad.  Either it's just things or it's a place you are legally allowed to be and you shouldn't have to retreat.

I agree. Me personally, I wouldn’t make a stand over a business store front. That is just me. On other hand, I would make a stand over my house and for my neighbors too. Just my thought on the matter

I don't know any of the people involved.   But i do know a few owners of businesses in the old market very well.   It is possible that some small business owners (with a second mortgage)  their business may be their "home" as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is where we failed, social media.  We get doxxed and employment fucked with, they stalk the fuck out of us on social media if we speak out.  I'm not sure how to counter that, because you can't say anything in his defense without it effecting your life.
View Quote

Yup, a no win situation it seems

But I’m so old, I don’t care what anyone says about me ??
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My wife is opd and at the precinct down town she says there is 400 or so down there some had backpacks full of bricks its hard for her to keep me posted but her time to get the fuck out of there keeps getting pushed later and later. Im getting slightly more then nervous about it.
View Quote

I hope for your wife and all to have a safe and uneventful shift

Cooler heads must prevail at some point
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@mordecai

View Quote

Your and my experience with available insurance coverage is rather divergent then.
No agent or underwriter I have ever done business would offer policies or riders for "civil commotion" - it's always been a non-starter, but hey - maybe I'm not doing business with the right insurers.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

PM sent.   @402joel
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How the fuck did that guy get a news anchor job?
View Quote

He looks Nebraskan.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup, a no win situation it seems

But I’m so old, I don’t care what anyone says about me ??
View Quote

Well I'm laid off in a month and we all know they check social media during the interview process, so I'm not saying shit
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your and my experience with available insurance coverage is rather divergent then.
No agent or underwriter I have ever done business would offer policies or riders for "civil commotion" - it's always been a non-starter, but hey - maybe I'm not doing business with the right insurers.

View Quote

@mordecai

No idea what you are dealing with.

I work in the industry, and generally-speaking, all standard policies provide coverage for "riot and civil commotion". It is a standard peril insured against.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#29]
https://fox42kptm.com/news/local/building-owner-terminates-lease-of-business-owner-that-killed-black-protester?fbclid=IwAR0rwNTAUjEufnWpPQeBjWxKjmSm0GxnDk4a8h1Oidv0M8jLtT10XJRd02A

OMAHA, Neb. (FOX42 KPTM) — Owners of the commercial property at 1207 Harney Street announced, "The Hive and Gatsby will not reopen in that location."

The building owner says he evicted Jake Gardner and terminated the lease for the Hive and the Gatsby Monday. ...
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He looks Nebraskan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He looks Nebraskan.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably not enforceable but smart move on the landlord's part to keep.his building from being burned to the ground
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Probably not enforceable but smart move on the landlord's part to keep.his building from being burned to the ground
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Putting up "I'm on your side" signs have worked poorly in Minneapolis.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"Kleine also addressed a number of social media posts which state that Gardner allegedly used racial slurs against Scurlock. Kleine said there is no audio of racist comments, and that witnesses, including Scurlock's friends, did not indicate there were any racial tones in conversations leading up to the shooting."
View Quote

There are a ton of false narratives being pushed on social media in an attempt to further stir up trouble. Watch the videos, guy was attacked by multiple people after letting them know he was armed, there was a tussle, then he shot one of them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Create burner accounts
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Definitely a face for radio
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely a face for radio

I dunno, man; he has that "leading man" look...

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Neat. Seems like it's going to be a fun night.
Guess who gets to drive around downtown Omaha until 6, and who's sitting less than 12 blocks from where that happened?
View Quote

With that username, I wouldn't venture a guess.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's "Channel Third".  Nobody watches it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Anything?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was watching Omaha Scanner when it happened.  You see 5 or 6 police officer take off running up the street.  Then hear someone was shot.  Now what struck me as interesting is the fire department and rescue arrive, pretty quick given the situation.  You could see a small crowd gathering by the rescue.  All the sudden this woman dressed in black with a red bandana around her neck starts yelling.. "a person of color was shot....  5 bullets...5 fucking bullets"  The crowd suddenly about doubled and then started pressing toward the rescue squad that was just starting to load him up.

That chick wasn't even there, she appeared from nowhere and incited the crowd.

Go to 1:15:34 and start watching from there.  Inciter shows up and starts shouting about shooting a person of color at 1:23:00

Omaha Scanner face Book

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/185708/Antifa_jpg-1443053.JPG
View Quote

here's a good read on ANTIFA: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/06/antifa-osint-profile-violent-leftist-group-part-1/?fbclid=IwAR0HLVi2oH8wQD4bRVenWNZ7vxj0PkHj3QsEcbiQ2OtP0wz6B2yVLq8yhdc#axzz5pQRi3PGJ

Looks to me like she's one of the yellows.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Signs are ineffective against the illiterate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be shocked if they care about press releases any more.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"According to the business owner, Gardner violated the terms of his lease."

What part of his lease did he violate?

He wasn't even in the building.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#45]
People around here are losing their minds on social media.  They seriously think the guy should have just laid on the ground and let three thugs choke him out and beat him.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
People around here are losing their minds on social media.  They seriously think the guy should have just laid on the ground and let three thugs choke him out and beat him.  

View Quote

I’ve noticed the media is pushing that angle.
They don’t bother to mention that the not woke and now room temp perp, and two other friends, were in the process of felony assault on the victim who was face down and on the ground getting choked out by said soon to be worm food.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many times does it have to be said that insurance does not cover the looting and destruction that is happening

Where are you getting this information that insurance doesn't cover it?

https://www.propertycasualty360.com/2020/06/01/riots-civil-commotion-and-vandalism-generally-covered-by-insurance/?slreturn=20200501153240

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/21B34B14-4D3A-41ED-A21E-FF27E3C69000_png-1442575.JPG
While some insurance policies MAY cover the building itself, getting coverage for the contents is usually a different policy with different terms.

You might be lucky enough to be covered for 2 million in damages to the building itself, you might find yourself under insured when the reconstruction on a building built in the 1930's ends up costing 9 million.  Plus you'll have a $50,000 deductible, and you lost 1.5 million dollars in inventory, equipment and fixtures that was covered under a different policy that excluded riots and looting.

Saying "Hurr Durr insurance will pay" after a 2 second google search is a sack of autistic hammers.  Business people sink their entire lives into their family business.  They probably care more about those than they do their homes, since the business is what provides the home.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Omaha lyrics: Counting Crows
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I guess it wasn't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always wondered the rational for why another member goes around following another, and picks at his posts like a fucking hen.

It's some super passive aggressive weirdness, but if it gives you a reason to get out of the bed.....let me be your motivation

I guess it wasn't.

You should have just pointed out that the word "rationale" has an "e" on the end.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mordecai

You are correct.  Between huge deductibles and low ceilings, added to the number of different policies you have to carry, it's ridiculous to believe that insurance will cover even a significant percent of the losses in most cases.

Most posters are very naive about insurance and have no idea how complex it can be for businesses.  They mostly have their own personal policies, which they "think" will cover riots, and they have google.  
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top