BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, no joke. The liberal media has done unimaginable amounts of damage to this country and the people who live here. I would be thrilled to see everybody who works at that network get arrested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?  .

I hope you're joking.

I have as much contempt for the MSM as anyone, but this is over-the-top banana republic shit right here.  This is fucking Soviet or communist China shit.  Where are they taking him? To a re-education facility?

No, no joke. The liberal media has done unimaginable amounts of damage to this country and the people who live here. I would be thrilled to see everybody who works at that network get arrested.

Normally I would say bad arrest, but having watched CNN wage war on America on behalf of the dems, I'll have a Coke.
This is what the all powerful govt. they demand will do to the little people. Nice that they get a taste of it.
BTW, this is what they want to happen to us just for existing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Optics looking really bad for the cops
View Quote

Between killing Floyd, disarming law-abiding citizens, pepper-spraying peaceful protesters from out of a cruiser’s window as they drove by, abandoning their own precinct stations, and now this, they don’t need any help looking like incompetent banana-republic statist goons.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah.......the police in this case are fucking themselves over.  CNN for once....not really helping....but hell, I'm pissed off at the tantrum these cops are throwing attempting to get people to respect their authoritay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh... that's not how America is supposed to work.  I'm no fan of CNN but the po po is making itself look worse by the day.
Yeah.......the police in this case are fucking themselves over.  CNN for once....not really helping....but hell, I'm pissed off at the tantrum these cops are throwing attempting to get people to respect their authoritay.

Common sense is out of the window.

I am going to arrest a national tv crew on national tv..derp
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because in America you can only stand on a public street corner if the government tells you it's OK??

Got it.
View Quote
Because standing in the way when the police are lawfully clearing the streets is legal?  You should also look and see that he and the crew were in the street and not the corner.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like we need a community organizer!  Look for VP candidates showing up and calming things down.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Feelings get hurt? Need a safe space?
View Quote

Confirmed troll. Got it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
As much as I dislike CNN, this is bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Stupid fucking staties. Holy fuck what a squad full of waterheads.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Because standing in the way when the police are lawfully clearing the streets is legal?  You should also look and see that he and the crew were in the street and not the corner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because in America you can only stand on a public street corner if the government tells you it's OK??

Got it.

Interested for you to state what crime was committed.........Please expound......

The crew says they were initially standing on a corner. Were they moved to the street for the arrest??
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I detest CNN but holy fuck that was a bad arrest.

You can clearly hear him asking them where they would like his crew to go and they just handcuffed him on live tv.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Those cops clearly rode the short bus to the police academy.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Arresting a CNN crew who is asking where to move is not really the intent of that law.  The law is intended to compel cooperation with police, which was already obtained once they asked where an acceptable place to move was.

I hate to defend cnn, but in this case...mnpd fucked the goat, again.

If nothing else, that cop should be fired for not understanding the optics of that action in the current situation.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, I think the law says that we are supposed to execute for treason. Since it doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen, I’ll take the arrest instead.
View Quote

Wow, we got a badass over here!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Interested for you to state what crime was committed.........Please expound......

The crew says they were initially standing on a corner. Were they moved to the street for the arrest??
View Quote
Yep you are right you can stand anywhere you want anytime you feel like.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It was four guys from CNN with a fancy satellite TV camera. It was obvious they were journalists, not looters. When police approached them, while they were broadcasting live on a national network the on air reporter politely explained who he was, what he was doing and said the crew would move.

This was a big fuck up that the press will use to beat the MN police with, justifiably so. This shows just an amazing lack of judgment by police officers.
View Quote
Okay
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#18]
The 1st Amendment is more important than how much I hate CNN.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good arrest
View Quote
This, brother Arfcomers, is how freedom dies.
The poster is okay with the arrest of a reporter he, presumably, doesn't like?  Next time? Time after that?
I've been on this board for nineteen years. The level of vitriol fueled by ignorance here has become a
problem.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?  .

I hope you're joking.

I have as much contempt for the MSM as anyone, but this is over-the-top banana republic shit right here.  This is fucking Soviet or communist China shit.  Where are they taking him? To a re-education facility?

I loathe CNN, but that statement is just dumb.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Arresting a CNN crew who is asking where to move is not really the intent of that law.  The law is intended to compel cooperation with police, which was already obtained once they asked where an acceptable place to move was.

I hate to defend cnn, but in this case...mnpd fucked the goat, again.

If nothing else, that cop should be fired for not understanding the optics of that action in the current situation.
View Quote
That is a good explanation.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The 1st Amendment is more important than how much I hate CNN.
View Quote

Worth repeating. ( even though it galls me to defend CNN)
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#23]
MN police just doublers down on being impossibly stupid!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I guess this settles the "are firemen smarter than cops" debate
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

So far this is the dumbest statement I've seen on GD today.

But ... chin up .... the day is just getting started.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#26]
IDGAF if you like CNN or not...

We all hate them

That being said? The divide grows with every minute, and its a clear 1A violation by jack booted piece of shit cops yet again.

pretty soon they won't have any allies left.

Something about a coke?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol.  A lot of the public thinks State Police are the top of the LE heap.
They’re not street cops, and out of their comfort zone they’re not always competent.

Coward cops abandon their own station while state cops arrest reporters.

What a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Those cops are fucked.
View Quote

Who in their right mind thinks that the arrest of a journalist with credentials is the proper thing to do?

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Because it wasn’t mentioned on at least 3 pages in the one of the five riot threads.
View Quote

Idiocy of this magnitude deserves its own thread.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Just when you think you have seen it all.

I hate CNN, but damn that was just wrong.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah and they are still clueless as to why the people are out "rioting".

Good luck MN y'all are fucked.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#33]
The WTF?

You let the natives burn your city and your precinct down all night long then arrest a reporter?

Another reason that proves these cops are clowns.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#34]
In before extorris

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because it wasn’t mentioned on at least 3 pages in the one of the five riot threads.
View Quote

You think people should comb through five threads to find a single link?

Nothing COC to say....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lol riot cops arrested a Hispanic CNN reporter while he was saying "they told us to stand here, do you want us to move
View Quote

So arresting a reporter, law abiding gun owners and people defending their property from looters but not arrest looters, vandals and arsonists?

Ooh, I know. How about we piss off EVERYBODY.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, CNN doesn't have reporters. They have propagandists so no fucks given.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Smfh. This cant get any dumber.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#39]
...definitely winning hearts and minds, up there...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#40]
That fucking Flowers.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not a CNN fan by any means, but it seems like a crappy arrest. The reporter was offering to move out of the area while being arrested.
View Quote

Yeah, just what the Minneapolis PD needs at the moment...arresting a black reporter and camera crew live on the air while they were attempting to comply. Sheesh...what will the PD do next to screw things up?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Staying in the streets when the police are announcing for people to move is obstruction of governmental administration (or whatever the same law in MN is) but normally film crews are allowed to film if the crew itself isn't in danger.
View Quote
Its all good. fla556guy put in a good perspective for me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It like GD is the 8th grade "special" class.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Smfh. This cant get any dumber.
View Quote
Give it time, there's potential for more.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#45]
are MN cops running the do everything wrong possible playbook right now?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Give it time, there's potential for more.

View Quote

Minneapolis PD: "Hold my beer . . ."
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Weird how intentionally hiring people who dont challenge authority and think for themselves would result in this
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So arresting a reporter, law abiding gun owners and people defending their property from looters but not arrest looters, vandals and arsonists?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol riot cops arrested a Hispanic CNN reporter while he was saying "they told us to stand here, do you want us to move

And drive by pepper spraying of peaceful protestors.
It does seem like they are playing a round of Fuck Everyone Bingo.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Some folks (such as myself) don’t have time to read through hundreds of posts looking for actual info in the din of commentary. Giving the highlights a spotlight (their own thread) is appreciated.
View Quote

Thanks for spotlighting this OP

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Who in their right mind thinks that the arrest of a journalist with credentials is the proper thing to do?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those cops are fucked.

Well the Chinese government thinks it's ok.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top