Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Because when ANTIFA shows up to do the same at a conservative event it's different...
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Thug decided to beat up a cop.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By RSG:

Thug decided to beat up a cop.

CD
Michael has been drug free now for 8 years though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
View Quote

Yay for sobriety
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet Jesus huge long articles...any chance of somewhat of a cliff notes to this?

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Sweet Jesus huge long articles...any chance of somewhat of a cliff notes to this?
View Quote

Sorry bro.   I strongly recommend you read them in order starting with part 1.  Let the information sink in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Are we becoming more STUPID? IQ scores are decreasing - and some experts argue it's because humans have reached their intellectual peak

IQs have largely increased since the 1930s thanks to better living conditions and education - a trend known as the Flynn effect

But IQ test results suggest people in the UK, Denmark and Australia have become less intelligent in the past decade

Opinion is divided as to whether the downwards trend is long-term  

Some studies have shown the average IQ of Westerners has plunged 10 points or more since Victorian times and others claim it will keep decreasing

But other experts argue that even if we are becoming more stupid, better healthcare and technology means the 'problem' will regulate itself
View Quote

Instead of 'regulate', I'm thinking 'reproduce' would have been a better word choice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Yay for sobriety
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:

Yay for sobriety
It's the little things
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Are we becoming more STUPID? IQ scores are decreasing - and some experts argue it's because humans have reached their intellectual peak

IQs have largely increased since the 1930s thanks to better living conditions and education - a trend known as the Flynn effect

But IQ test results suggest people in the UK, Denmark and Australia have become less intelligent in the past decade

Some studies have shown the average IQ of Westerners has plunged 10 points or more since Victorian times and others claim it will keep decreasing

But other experts argue that even if we are becoming more stupid, better healthcare and technology means the 'problem' will regulate itself
View Quote

Blame it on alcohol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Fourman:

View Quote

I trust your comprehension. Have at it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I found this bit in the article interesting: This increase in intelligence was due to improved nutrition and living conditions - as well as better education - says James Flynn of the University of Otago, after whom the effect is named.

So the obvious (to me) change is that nutrition, living conditions, and education have deteriorated in the areas that impact intelligence. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
View Quote

Pretty insulting knockoff but makes the Addams family seem pretty wholesome and mainstream.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:

I found this bit in the article interesting: This increase in intelligence was due to improved nutrition and living conditions - as well as better education - says James Flynn of the University of Otago, after whom the effect is named.

So the obvious (to me) change is that nutrition, living conditions, and education have deteriorated in the areas that impact intelligence. Am I missing something?
View Quote

You're missing mass immigration.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

View All Quotes

So, that would appear to dilute the population pool with members that most likely lack nutrition, reasonable living conditions, and some semblance of education. OTOH, the US has had some immigration from Asia (Japan/Korea/China) and those "often" seem to be upper tier in the education/IQ realm. I don't know if that's actual immigration into the US IQ pool or if they're just students and wouldn't have been counted.

But you do raise a good question of whether we are seeing the IQ decline due to something affecting the West's individual population members or something modifying the population's makeup. I'll go out on a limb and say it's both.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#20]

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

FBI is right for once??????
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I like Jane's post
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 6:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cycolac] [#23]

So, that would appear to dilute the population pool with members that most likely lack nutrition, reasonable living conditions, and some semblance of education. OTOH, the US has had some immigration from Asia (Japan/Korea/China) and those "often" seem to be upper tier in the education/IQ realm. I don't know if that's actual immigration into the US IQ pool or if they're just students and wouldn't have been counted.

But you do raise a good question of whether we are seeing the IQ decline due to something affecting the West's individual population members or something modifying the population's makeup. I'll go out on a limb and say it's both.
View All Quotes

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ironically say that modern technology is probably a major contributor. How many people have a chance to absorb stuff that they have heard/seen/read/experienced before they are off to see the latest drivel on social media? How many people purposely store info in their brains when the answer to just about everything is at their fingertips and available in seconds?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ironically say that modern technology is probably a major contributor. How many people have a chance to absorb stuff that they have heard/seen/read/experienced before they are off to see the latest drivel on social media? How many people purposely store info in their brains when the answer to just about everything is at their fingertips and available in seconds?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

I agree and lump that in with educational failures (both at school and home.) In theory, elimination of rote memorization could have allowed concentration on teaching problem-solving skills, but I don't see that happening. And I suspect memorization has a beneficial effect on the brain/IQ, but IDK.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#25]
In theory, elimination of rote memorization could have allowed concentration on teaching problem-solving skills, but I don't see that happening.
View Quote

In our society it seems we've managed to kill critical thinking skills - something eliminating rote memorization should not have done.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TAP:

In our society it seems we've managed to kill critical thinking skills - something eliminating rote memorization should not have done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TAP:
In theory, elimination of rote memorization could have allowed concentration on teaching problem-solving skills, but I don't see that happening.

With the Department of Education creating standardized testing, teachers were pressured to 'teach the test'.  That results in students being programed (to some extent) to respond a certain way to certain key words, instead of analyzing what they are seeing and figuring out the solution.  Government excels at making things worse, when it sets out to fix things.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
based on the video I saw the other day of tourists in Hollywood being asked to point to Russian and Ukraine on the map, I'd have to agree
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HBAR16:

Sorry bro.   I strongly recommend you read them in order starting with part 1.  Let the information sink in.
View Quote
this.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
keep in mind, Adam not related to Alec
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Isn't one of the four Baldwins conservative?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
Isn't one of the four Baldwins conservative?
View Quote

yes

Stephen Baldwin
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
based on the video I saw the other day of tourists in Hollywood being asked to point to Russian and Ukraine on the map, I'd have to agree
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

yes

Stephen Baldwin
View Quote
I bet thanksgiving dinner at their place is fun.

"You stupid fucking trumper!" - Alec

"Yeah, well at least I didn't shoot someone and lie about pulling the trigger!" - Stephen
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Years ago, I was told that there are parts of Chicago where you do not stop for anything, after dark.

Hard to tell from that video, but did they run out and try to block the road, before the car got there?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JPN:

With the Department of Education creating standardized testing, teachers were pressured to 'teach the test'.  That results in students being programed (to some extent) to respond a certain way to certain key words, instead of analyzing what they are seeing and figuring out the solution.  Government excels at making things worse, when it sets out to fix things.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#40]
View Quote

(SNIP)

Naw.  That's too cold.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Years ago, I was told that there are parts of Chicago where you do not stop for anything, after dark.

Hard to tell from that video, but did they run out and try to block the road, before the car got there?
View All Quotes

this is from anther angle

looks like they where fighting in the Street

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like someone driving around GTA style with no fucks to give about the consequences.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
I bet thanksgiving dinner at their place is fun.

"You stupid fucking trumper!" - Alec

"Yeah, well at least I didn't shoot someone and lie about pulling the trigger!" - Stephen
View Quote

I don't know how Stephen does it. I'd be tempted to take one for the team.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Good hang time
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]

this is from anther angle

looks like they where fighting in the Street

View Quote

Chicago midnight bowling.

Good power. Left the 7 pin but should be an easy spare.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Great to see the hero step up and take down that punk thug.
I hope the hero doesn't get jammed up by the left wing legal system in CA though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#49]

I do not miss those days
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#50]
But it's a dry heat.
Here it is 85F with 85% humidity at 8:30 PM now.
Page / 5083
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top