Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You've been together 48 years and now you want a divorce. That's one of the most idiotic things I've seen someone do. Who cares about your marriage at this point. You're old, Just have an affair. Live as bickering room mates. So what? You've got some money, because you're old. Go rent an apartment. Meet someone for lunch. You probably can barely fuck anymore anyway. Be a sugar daddy. Who cares?
But getting divorced is the wrong move.
It sounds like you're the problem.
View Quote

Fuck all this, get divorced as fast as possible, find someone 10 years younger. Do not remarry!
Then have fun op.

Sounds like you can afford it , give her half , tell her you're moving out. Find a new place and live your life. Don't wait  just go  just take your stuff.
GTFO start today. By the Time everything is finalized you will have the new life you want.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's a chicken-shit way of handling things.  No offense meant, but you need to sack up and have the discussion first.  I came home one night to find the apartment empty of everything but my clothes, toiletries, one love seat, and one reclining chair.  No discussion, no preamble, no warning, just a slap in the face.  We could have parted amicably, but she chose to be an asshole about it, so now I have nothing to do with her.  She's constantly trying to reach out because she needs little "favors" done and I won't lift a finger to help because fuck her.

Don't be an asshole, OP.  Talk to her first.
View Quote

Just to take this up a notch....in Iraq, hadn’t been home in over a year. She picked me up at airport, got home, pulls in drive, we usually go in thru garage, she said something like it was making a funny noise so she turned it off, I get out, she acts as though she’s about to park in the drive and said she hadnt had time to make dinner, so she was going to go pick something up, I said sure, she backs up stops, says her purse is in the house did I have any cash, I gave her whatever I had, a twenty or a fifty...she drives off. I go in thru a back door into a sunroom....and the whole house is fucking empty, no power, smells like mildew, ceiling fans blades drooping down, cabinet doors warped, hinges and other fittings rusted (lived on a lake), and swamp hot during the summer...I hear a knock at the door...not her, but a process server!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fuck all this, get divorced as fast as possible, find someone 10 years younger. Do not remarry!
Then have fun op.

Sounds like you can afford it , give her half , tell her your moving out. Find a new place and live your life. Don't wait  just go  just take your stuff.
GTFO start today. By the Time everything is finalized you will have the new life you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been together 48 years and now you want a divorce. That's one of the most idiotic things I've seen someone do. Who cares about your marriage at this point. You're old, Just have an affair. Live as bickering room mates. So what? You've got some money, because you're old. Go rent an apartment. Meet someone for lunch. You probably can barely fuck anymore anyway. Be a sugar daddy. Who cares?
But getting divorced is the wrong move.
It sounds like you're the problem.

Then have fun op.

Sounds like you can afford it , give her half , tell her your moving out. Find a new place and live your life. Don't wait  just go  just take your stuff.

If OATT is correct (and I doubt she isn’t) this poster I remember.  In that case his wife is the one with the $ and she would have to give him half.

Maybe he has cold feet or can’t get off the fence but a million threads won’t accomplish that.  It took me a long time and months of good therapy to cut the cord, and I just ended up giving him what he wanted and walking away.  $60k well spent.  I’m almost 20 years divorced and don’t regret that.  

My ex is such an asshole he called me to dig in over my dad dying and someone I was engaged to being killed in an auto accident.  The call over my dad pissed me off the worst and I point blank asked if his new wife knew he was calling me, because it would be arranged for her to find out.  That put a stop to that shit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just to take this up a notch....in Iraq, hadn’t been home in over a year. She picked me up at airport, got home, pulls in drive, we usually go in thru garage, she said something like it was making a funny noise so she turned it off, I get out, she acts as though she’s about to park in the drive and said she hadnt had time to make dinner, so she was going to go pick something up, I said sure, she backs up stops, says her purse is in the house did I have any cash, I gave her whatever I had, a twenty or a fifty...she drives off. I go in thru a back door into a sunroom....and the whole house is fucking empty, no power, smells like mildew, ceiling fans blades drooping down, cabinet doors warped, hinges and other fittings rusted (lived on a lake), and swamp hot during the summer...I hear a knock at the door...not her, but a process server!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a chicken-shit way of handling things.  No offense meant, but you need to sack up and have the discussion first.  I came home one night to find the apartment empty of everything but my clothes, toiletries, one love seat, and one reclining chair.  No discussion, no preamble, no warning, just a slap in the face.  We could have parted amicably, but she chose to be an asshole about it, so now I have nothing to do with her.  She's constantly trying to reach out because she needs little "favors" done and I won't lift a finger to help because fuck her.

Don't be an asshole, OP.  Talk to her first.

In a just society, murder would be excusable in such a situation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
My friend and his wife both wanted out after 20+ years.  No minor children.  They handled the divorce and filings without attorneys and split up all assets themselves without any disagreement. They both appeared in court as scheduled and there were no problems until the end. At the last hearing, despite both my friend and his wife standing before the judge with zero disputes or issues, the judge seemingly frustrated that they handled this without lawyers, ordered a review of the asset division by some sort of mediator.  This cost them unnecessary expense and not a single thing was changed.  My friend and his ex filed a complaint against the judge but nothing happened.

The above is the only divorce I'm aware of that was not a financial and emotional train wreck.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Jurney 1981 Escape tour or Boston 1987 Third stage tour
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jurney 1981 Escape tour or Boston 1987 Third stage tour
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're not going to tell her before she gets served, you're planning to stay in the house and think she's going towhat? Live in a drainage pipe?

Will she run to the cops, a lawyer or battered women's shelter and claim some
kind of abuse to get you kicked out of the house?
View Quote

This.

OP, you might want to rethink your plan.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jesus.  Look, man.  I feel for anybody in a loveless marriage.  I really do.  

But you have started this exact same thread numerous times over the years then still do nothing to change your situation.  In this thread and all the others you've stated she's not violent but you're still scared of her.  You've also stated that she's a business owner who stands to make some serious money at retirement/sale of the business and you're afraid you won't get any of it.  

Almost a year ago you said the sale of the business was in a few days and you expected her to abscond with everything in the next couple of months and that you were afraid she was going to file for divorce in a matter of weeks.  

That obviously didn't happen but it's like you keep seeing all of these terrible outcomes and think the best way to handle it is to.....do nothing?  

When I visited an attorney with my mom for the initial consultation about divorce we were told that once the papers were filed, assets are frozen and everything from that point on would be accounted for in the separation.  UNTIL those papers are filed, everything is still joint property and there is nothing to legally prevent either party from moving/taking the funds.  Filing the papers is the one thing that will protect your finances.  

I cannot for the life of me figure out why you're so scared of her when, according to your posts, the extent of it is that she says not nice things and/or ignores you when she's mad at you.   I mean.....seriously.  

View Quote

Damn, your username really strikes true in this one

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I just keep thinking about War of the Roses.  Spoiler alert - they both die at the end.

I think OP is frustrated, venting, and fantasizing.  Just have a talk with the wife.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Were you standing next to your wife when you had her served with divorce papers?

Tried to make my 42 year marriage work (48 years total) but wife just keeps gets nastier and less respectful to me so that I've had enough. There are no kids involved. It's gotten very cold for the last 16 months now, and we are both living together in the same house more like business partners who just try to get along polite to tolerate each other. I'm NOT looking forward to seeing her reaction when the front doorbell rings, as I open the door and then yell to her "Linda, there is somebody here to see you" and the guy hands her the papers. That night and forward I'm planning on staying right here in the house. I would be afraid to leave the house unattended with her in it after that. I have 32 years of tools, hobbies, guns, equipment in the garage & sheds, collectibles, my computer, etc...while she has a collection of shoes, clothing and some smaller personal items to worry about. (plants, exercise stuff, etc) She is able to take her best clothing in a few suitcases. (The cash accounts will be protected by a restraining order) The point is that I DON'T KNOW WHAT HER REACTION WILL BE after she gets served. I guess I'll just shrug and walk off to the other end of the house. We only have one son an hour away that might let her move in. We both have no other friends, neighbors or family to stay with. I'm not sure the restraining order would allow her to use funds for months of hotel stay at $150 a night if she wanted. That's a lot of cash to blow, and I hope not! 

Any of you served your wife while you were standing there? I'd like to hear how it went. I'm not sure what to expect or how to be prepared with this tough woman. She's not violent to hurt you, but she got a quick temper.  I don't need the drama, and I hope she does NOT choose to stay in the house with me at that point.
View Quote

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hes a man and can make his own decisions. He doesn't need your opinion on how to do shit. MYOB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are letting some stranger knock on the door and tell her you are divorcing her? I have no experience in this, but you need to man up and tell her yourself. Serving papers is just part of the legal process. Informing her is your job.

You don't get it, do you?

Niceties, politeness, and "manning up" all go out the window with many kinds of woman. Many are capable of cutting your balls off just as fast as that guy you had some words with at the corner bar.When there is a lot of cash and material involved in a marriage, many woman no longer act "civil"  "fair" or "feminine" when you tell them it's over.

I won't go into details, but I'll just say that you don't know my wife as well as I do. While I don't know what her instant reaction will be upon being served. (Shock? anger? passiveness?) I can predict exactly what her demeanor and attitude will be the next day after she contacts her own lawyer. My wife currently holds grudges on things I said or did 30-40 years ago and proudly says that she never forgets or forgives. We can have a normal bickering as couples do, and she will bring up things from 30-40 years ago.  I'm tired of telling her that if she prefers to stay angry about things in the past,  then there is no way we can progress. I've been told "You're dead to me" .  BTW, I don't beat her, cuss her, cheat on her. Neither do I drink, drug, or smoke. And I have always paid my bills and saved money. (I'm not a bum) I'm actually quite boring.

Nothing you posted has anything to do with telling her yourself like a man with the balls the good lord gave you. She holds grudges, that is the reason you are having her served?
Curious, are you taking any responsibility in the situation you are in or blaming her for everything?

Hes a man and can make his own decisions. He doesn't need your opinion on how to do shit. MYOB

OP posts a thread telling the world about his business. Random member tells me to mind my own business.
Your post reads like you are crying while posting. Real fucking retarded sir.
@Jacare
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Married guy here. Question for the OP.

How often did you eat her pussy? Like once a week? Once a month? Never?

View Quote

What the fuck?

ETA: That caught me off guard! lol Thats a good point!

OP, Dude, what are you even getting divorced for? You both have literally given one another a lifetime. Stick it out, and yeah, "mow the lawn", I'm sure she would appreciate the attention, hell, things might even be good again. Shock her with taking her out somewhere today the two of you and just be cool.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]
OP

The woman you think you are about to divorce is completely unknown to you. She is four layers and seven steps removed from the woman you share your life with today.

What you are doing is akin to living in Puerto Rico with an incoming Cat. 4 hurricane, while you are preparing for an afternoon thunderstorm.

I hope you don't kill yourself or your attorney, but everything points towards one of those two things being almost inevitable if you maintain your current trajectory.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just to take this up a notch....in Iraq, hadn't been home in over a year. She picked me up at airport, got home, pulls in drive, we usually go in thru garage, she said something like it was making a funny noise so she turned it off, I get out, she acts as though she's about to park in the drive and said she hadnt had time to make dinner, so she was going to go pick something up, I said sure, she backs up stops, says her purse is in the house did I have any cash, I gave her whatever I had, a twenty or a fifty...she drives off. I go in thru a back door into a sunroom....and the whole house is fucking empty, no power, smells like mildew, ceiling fans blades drooping down, cabinet doors warped, hinges and other fittings rusted (lived on a lake), and swamp hot during the summer...I hear a knock at the door...not her, but a process server!
View Quote
god damn

Did she take the ice cube trays?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn.  42 years?

She might be acting like a bitch, but she is going to crumple like a cheap car when this hits.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My first wife told me she didn't want to be married anymore.  We had a long talk and told her we can work it through. Then one day I got the knock on the door with the papers. I was heartbroken and blindsided.  

Told her let me find an apartment and I'll slowly move out.  She was respectful, didn't touch my stuff, and I was scared as we had a two year old at the time.  She told me no need to spend money on a lawyer as she will take care of everything.  I listened to her despite against what family and friends told me.  In the end, she kept what was hers and I kept what was mine.  Lawyer asked her how much I should pay for child support and she told them "zero."  So I had a very peaceful experience, no child support, and I have our child 90% of the time and I didn't pay a dime for divorce cost.  She even let me keep both cars so I can sell one and keep the money so I can start new since she can live with her parents till she saved up herself.  That was 5 years ago and still can't believe how peaceful the outcome turned out.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
god damn

View Quote

It was getting dark, so really couldn’t assess much until I could get the power back on...stayed the night in a hotel, next day picked up a burner phone, a towel, an air mattress at Wally World.  Called for utilities to be back on...I owed on power, water to be turned back on... I remember  going to take a shower, no shower curtains...another trip to Walmart came back, god damn didn’t notice but no rings no curtain rod.

One of the things I had to compile was a listing of all the missing furnishings for a two story house, and then personal belongings...I think after fair depreciation 50 or 60k...but then the attorney I had pretty much collapsed after the first mean word from the judge and he advised me not to even mention that, as it would only piss the judge off. Inside his courtroom it was pre little house on the prairie, 19th amendment hadn’t passed and women were nothing short of angelic
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ecj9YrM.jpg

It was getting dark, so really couldn’t assess much until I could get the power back on...stayed the night in a hotel, next day picked up a burner phone, a towel, an air mattress at Wally World.  Called for utilities to be back on...I owed on power, water to be turned back on... I remember  going to take a shower, no shower curtains...another trip to Walmart came back, god damn didn’t notice but no rings no curtain rod.

One of the things I had to compile was a listing of all the missing furnishings for a two story house, and then personal belongings...I think after fair depreciation 50 or 60k...but then the attorney I had pretty much collapsed after the first mean word from the judge and he advised me not to even mention that, as it would only piss the judge off. Inside his courtroom it was pre little house on the prairie, 19th amendment hadn’t passed and women were nothing short of angelic
View Quote

Please tell me that you are doing good and she is broke.   Please.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#20]
No. I was at a NASCAR race back then in 1992. She was at her mothers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Any update from OP?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As some that gets divorces like it’s a hobby, this sounds like an incredibly poor plan.

Good luck.
View Quote

Why do you get married? I mean after two divorces, haven’t you learned a lesson?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My first wife told me she didn't want to be married anymore.  We had a long talk and told her we can work it through. Then one day I got the knock on the door with the papers. I was heartbroken and blindsided.  

Told her let me find an apartment and I'll slowly move out.  She was respectful, didn't touch my stuff, and I was scared as we had a two year old at the time.  She told me no need to spend money on a lawyer as she will take care of everything.  I listened to her despite against what family and friends told me.  In the end, she kept what was hers and I kept what was mine.  Lawyer asked her how much I should pay for child support and she told them "zero."  So I had a very peaceful experience, no child support, and I have our child 90% of the time and I didn't pay a dime for divorce cost.  She even let me keep both cars so I can sell one and keep the money so I can start new since she can live with her parents till she saved up herself.  That was 5 years ago and still can't believe how peaceful the outcome turned out.  

View Quote

You should never buy a power ball ticket, your luck is all used up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you got the house?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In before OP drinks fish tank cleaner.
View Quote

OK you got me , lost big time.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#26]
So you're afraid of her to the point you want to blindside her, but at the same time you're not relocating assets and belongings?

Just a guy from the internet, but it seems like you're more focused on offending her than defending yourself. You sure divorce is what you actually want? People don't harbor that level of emotion without reason.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
god damn

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So you're afraid of her to the point you want to blindside her, but at the same time you're not relocating assets and belongings?

Just a guy from the internet, but it seems like you're more focused on offending her than defending yourself.
View Quote

Built a faux W-30, damn that was one stout 455.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL. Get in shape and start fucking someone younger. The outcome of that vs. filling for a divorce will be the same. There is even a chance that you getting in shape and fucking the other bitch will turn her on to you again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice. Mine was a G-body and was unfortunately sold many years ago. I wish I could change my username.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nice. Mine was a G-body and was unfortunately sold many years ago. I wish I could change my username.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the GM luxury muscle cars, Olds and Buick.

My first car was a 72 Cutlass S Fastback. Loved that thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Daaamn.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I am in the same boat but I’m not having her served. Been married 23 years and both kids are grown. She told me Friday that she wants a divorce. I told her no and that I wasn’t giving her one. I also told her that if she wanted a divorce that she can GTFO, I’m not leaving and serve me. She’s at her folks place right now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's an "A" body.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]

I was wondering if anyone would get the reference.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
god damn

View Quote

Lol mine took the opened toothpaste
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#38]
This is a fucking shit show.  OP's world as he knows it is about to be turned upside down. Nothing I can add that hasn't already been covered.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL, worried about her spending $150 a night a hotel.  That's the least of your worries.

Anyone want to take a guess at the legal fees on this one?  $30k  $50K  $80K

And your house.  It's probably gone.  What are the chances she gets it, or the judge just forces the sale.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Lol mine took the opened toothpaste
View Quote

My uncle's ex took the faceplates off the wall.  All of them.  Every light fixture in the house.  The door handles as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#41]
What makes OP think he's gonna get to keep the house? More than likely the judge will order you to sell the house and split the profits or pay off the other party their share in it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#42]
1. Find a serious lawyer. I’m not sure you have one.
2. Prepare to the extent you can.
3. Tell her you’re sorry but it’s not working and you want a divorce. This conversation is recorded. You say you are willing to split all assets 50/50 with The help of a mediator but if she wants to go to the mat you will fight her for everything and together you will deplete a huge percentage of your joint assets.
4. Assume she will choose the latter.
5. Gird your loins
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#43]
We both knew it was coming.  She went to the courthouse, got the paperwork.  I signed it and gave her half the money for filing.  She took it to the courthouse to file and that was the end of it.  She kept what was hers and i kept what was mine.  Already had separate bank accounts.  Both walked away.  Painless.  The actual loss of the relationship however is the most painful experience of my life and i may never recover fully from it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We both knew it was coming.  She went to the courthouse, got the paperwork.  I signed it and gave her half the money for filing.  She took it to the courthouse to file and that was the end of it.  She kept what was hers and i kept what was mine.  Already had separate bank accounts.  Both walked away.  Painless.  The actual loss of the relationship however is the most painful experience of my life and i may never recover fully from it.
View Quote

I am right there with you man.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am in the same boat but I’m not having her served. Been married 23 years and both kids are grown. She told me Friday that she wants a divorce. I told her no and that I wasn’t giving her one. I also told her that if she wanted a divorce that she can GTFO, I’m not leaving and serve me. She’s at her folks place right now.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that, good luck
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My uncle's ex took the faceplates off the wall.  All of them.  Every light fixture in the house.  The door handles as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:08:10 AM EDT
[#47]
OP.

Stop.  Stop whatever you have planned.  Stop and read the advice on this thread.  Then read it again.

You are simply not prepared, and not in the right mindset to go forward yet.

I really feel sorry for you.  Your actions and your descriptions are those of a man that has been beaten down over years by a cruel and overpowering person that you believed you could make feel the way you feel about them.  Psychologically, you are a battered spouse.

The way you are planning this, you will find a great deal of emotional and financial pain.  Lots of it.

I really think that you need to talk to someone.  Therapy perhaps.  Your head is in all the wrong places.

Based on your description, I really don't see how you can keep going in this, so divorce is probably the best course.  Damn... I can't even imagine being in as long as you have been.  There's no way that you don't have some serious shit going on in your head.

So again...

Stop
Regroup
Get your head in the right place
Re-Plan
Protect your interests
Make a therapy appointment
THEN think about having her served.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I filed, and served my first wife myself. She had no idea that was the last day she was going to lay around on the couch all day on my dime.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:18:22 AM EDT
[#49]
no, both the lawyer and the police told me to make sure I was out and away from the house.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:26:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

no, both the lawyer and the police told me to make sure I was out and away from the house.
View Quote

OTOH, video it and if the wife attacks you then you have video proof of abuse, etc.  I can see it both ways.
Page / 5
Top Top