Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
WRB Sales

Great range bags, discreet pistol and rifle cases, and accessories.  (They make Larue's covert case)
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
CUTCO (Kitchen Cutlery, Kitchenwares, and some gardening)
Kabar (handful of things made in Taiwan and China)

Both of those sites have ways to only look at American made products.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Refrigiwear
Work coats.
You can post in the notes section of the order form to be Made in USA.
Otherwise you get Made in China.

Never heard of such a thing before, but two seperate calls to their CS confirms it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Refrigiwear
Work coats.
You can post in the notes section of the order form to be Made in USA.
Otherwise you get Made in China.

Never heard of such a thing before, but two seperate calls to their CS confirms it.
View Quote

That's weird.  Same price?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Woodworkers, the Kreg pocket tool is Made In USA w/ global components

Kreg

Warn Winches

Attachment Attached File

OUR FACILITY
Warn Industries has 180,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing, engineering, and office space in Clackamas, Oregon and employs over 350 workers. We have more than 100 patents and manufacture more than 600 products. These goods are sold all over the world and backed by our global service organization, complete with our in-house team of customer service experts, who have an average tenure of 14 years.

For you Jeep guys out there that think you are getting a bargain, all that Shitty Built crap you think your getting a deal on is cheap as China pot metal.

Back in the day when Smittybuilt started it was all Made In USA, now it's all outsourced crap.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Fine Cigars & Whiskey

Hooten Young
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Affirmative... pics coming.

I will not buy another coat from any other company than this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics of Refrigiwear Jackoat.
What a badass piece of work gear. Holy hell I wish I'd known about this company years ago...
The label..
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#10]
The zipper...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Every rivet is through the garment.... solid.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#12]
No inside pocket.
Outside pockets are obviously very large but the flap over the top doesn't give much at all.
What does that mean?
Stuff will NOT fall out of them.
Hands going in to warm up is a bit on the snug side.
I'll let you decide if all that is good or not.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
For me and what I needed a winter work jacket to do... its awesome.

This is my gripe. Seemingly misaligned front chest pocket label.

That's it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Left sleeve pocket. No it won't hold a Samsung S10+.

A small notepad? All day...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I am 6' tall. Around 190lbs. My chest is 41. My sleeve length is approximately 33 1/2.

I originally ordered a large and when
I got it, it was just too big on me ...I didn't dig it.

A medium is perfect for me. I'm not left wanting a bit more sleeve length.
The body length ..top to bottom .. will negate drafts up my spine when I bend over changing a tire or whatever...

It weighs nothing.

It does make a swish sound at the arms when moving about.. if that sort of thing bothers you. It's not horribly loud though.

Another nice touch was a return label for the box and a one question form were included.

All in all I'm super pleased with it.

May buy another in case they go out of business or whatever...lol.

Craptacular pic here.... apologies.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]
BenShot Glassworks, Appleton, Wisconsin
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Doesn't look like the OP has updated since the day after he started this.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Range bags, holsters, general bags, etc.

Bagmaster Mfg., Inc.

Located in St. Louis, MO. My Bagmaster range bag is still going strong after 25 years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bigsapper:
Doesn't look like the OP has updated since the day after he started this.

View Quote

I've updated it several times, all up to date again today.

Keep it up guys, I'm busy this time of year but I'll compile all your links as I have time.
I intend on keeping this thread alive.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I've already used it as a reference point several times.

bought a Bagmaster clay range bag just today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've updated it several times, all up to date again today.

Keep it up guys, I'm busy this time of year but I'll compile all your links as I have time.
I intend on keeping this thread alive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#23]
S&B Watches, US Built, Veteran discounts
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:
S&B Watches, US Built, Veteran discounts
View Quote

I wish they did pocket watches
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Kwik-Kut Manufacturing Corp

They make fantastic, long-lasting manual cutters and choppers for the kitchen.  My parents have some from their marriage in the 70s they still use, and I bought a couple when I started out on my own.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#26]
For tools
Lee Valley / Veritas makes most of its own name brand woodworking tools in Canada.   They’re sort of OK.  Except for their Bolshevik PM.
Also their catalog and website clearly show what items they sell are made in the USA or Canada.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Some other Wisconsin notables
Trek Bikes

I've also heard we do some beer and sausage pretty well.
View Quote

I am surpriseD Trek makes any bikes in the USA.
However they do make bikes outside, including in communist china
Also Taiwan, which is OK with me.

But their website doesn’t clearly say which ones are made in the USA.  Probably the top end and top $$$ bikes

I’d like a new mountain bike, but not a $3000 one, for my purposes.
I have an older made in the USA Canondale frame, but bikes really make even AR-10/308s seem awesome for standardization.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#28]
"decent" is relative. 

In the past, yes you could have gotten what I would have called a decent US made (frame) bike for around that price point. The two big dogs that were doing US production have stopped. Cannondale in 2010 and Trek in 2017.

Most components on most bikes will be made overseas, so "US made" was only ever referring to the frame and final assembly point.  

At the same price point across the different brands in bikes you are getting the same quality and largely the same features/components. There ain't much variation. It comes down to color and geometry for differences. And brand preference I suppose.

Anyways, with that in mind, if they are essentially the same quality, that means the American made frames were not competing with their foreign counterparts for margins, which I am guessing is why the big dogs stopped doing US production.

Here is a list of US Made bikes. Smaller companies, I only recognize a few. Smaller means more custom and more money. 

I do recognize Gunnar on the list. That may be the best value as they are able to do some scale and keep costs down that way. Probably still looking at $1200+ and the components for your bicycle will still probably be made overseas. I think SRAM was doing US production, not sure if they still do. Shimano is Asian made. Campagnolo is Italian.

Gunnar is made in Waterford, Wisconsin by Waterford Precision Cycles. Waterford has been making bikes for many many years. They used to make the top of the line bikes for Schwinn. I think one of the Schwinns is still involved or owns it. I owned a Waterford at one point when I worked at a bike shop years ago. Exceptional quality. But you pay for it.

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong on this. I was sad when I found out Trek had stopped. Politics aside, they had some great designs and innovations and it was pretty cool knowing their stuff was made down the road in Waterloo.
View Quote

Interesting that most of the US makers of bikes with titanium frames are in Tennessee
Maybe because one of the biggest producers of welded titanium tube is in Morristown TN?   They are called NeoTiss now.   Used to be ValTimet.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I was bummed when I found out Trek stopped making bikes here in Wisconsin. I always liked their Wisconsin made bikes, particularly the road bikes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I was bummed when I found out Trek stopped making bikes here in Wisconsin. I always liked their Wisconsin made bikes, particularly the road bikes.
View Quote

I've had one for ages

https://waterfordbikes.com/
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, I always liked Waterford bikes too. Had special meaning for me. I shouldn't gave sold the one I had. I should get a frame from them and swap my Campy set from my Bianchi over to it...

I wonder if I still have a picture of my Waterford. It was a beaut.

ETA: Nope, but I found this other beaut, made in Waterloo, Wisconsin I believe. Another I should never have sold.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Ziploc, Bay City, MI

Part of the SC Johnson family of companies, based out of Racine, WI
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Bicycle Playing Cards, part of United States Playing Card Company (USPCC), based in Erlanger, Kentucky, "Made" or "Printed" in USA. (Although it looks like USPCC was recently sold to Cartamundi of Belgium.)
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#34]
All up to date again. Buy American!

Keep em coming guys!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Fromm Family Pet Foods, Mequon, WISCONSIN

I thought the history on their about us page was an interesting read.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Chaco, which is now part of Wolverine Worldwide footware brands, which includes Wolverine boots, based in Rockford, MI.

Not all products are made in US for either brand, but you can search USA on either website and they tell you which ones are. On Chaco there are a number of production models made here as well as all the customs. On the Wolverine side I noted they highlighted the following for their 1000 mile boot:

Handcrafted in the USA, supporting American workers and manufacturing
Upper made from premium leather from Horween Leather Company in Chicago, Illinois
Classic leather outsole with a Vibram heel from Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Flat waxed cotton laces from Landrum, South Carolina
Refined pattern recreated from the first Wolverine 1000 Mile boot introduced in 1914
Time-tested Goodyear welt construction is durable, flexible and allows the boot to be resoled for years of wear

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Little Tikes, Hudson, OH
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#38]
The previous post about Wolverine made me think of Bates.  https://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/mens-made-in-the-usa/

Not all of their stuff is Made in USA, but some is.  Of course the 5" sidezip composite toe boots I like, aren't
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#39]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm digging my new American made Merino wool socks from https://www.peoplesocks.com

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Rural king brand mens work socks.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump. Keep it going guys. Don't forget, China is still asshoe.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#44]
GE Healthcare makes a lot of stuff in the US, particularly in Wisconsin (though I am sure a fair few parts/components are globally sourced).

Of particular note, GE makes a lot of ultrasound equipment in the Milwaukee area, and they have stepped up ventilator production in Madison.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Shur-Hooks for your tier 1 farmstrong hay stacking needs. I used them working at a feed lot stacking and loading thousands of bales, nothing else comes close.  

https://shurhook.com/
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Keep em coming
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Most American made cars.

It’s unfortunate, but I feel I must note, a number of them are made in Kentucky
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Most American made cars.

It’s unfortunate, but I feel I must note, a number of them are made in Kentucky
View Quote

Lol...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top