BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The EZ DUZ IT can opener. Remember that old can opener your parents or grandparents had when you were a kid? Chrome with rubber handles, worked every time. Was almost satisfying to use? That was the swing away can opener. At some point in the 90s or 2000s that company went to China and now is basically less frustrating to open a can with a pocket knife than the junk they sell as can openers now. The EZ DUZ IT uses the old machinery used to build the US made swing away from way back then. It can be found on Amazon for $10

https://www.steuby.com/can-opener.html
View Quote
Just got one, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't mind seeing a made anywhere but china thread. Not everything is made in America.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wouldn't mind seeing a made anywhere but china thread. Not everything is made in America.
View Quote

Same here. Maybe exclude Vietnam as well. They have got to be a proxy for Chinese manufacturing.

Pact timers are made in the US.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Great thread subscribed
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hank’s Belts

I have a Gunner on the way.  Will report when it arrives.

They make wallets too.

ETA:  they also sell replacement hardware like buckles, snaps, screws to keep your leather goods going for a long time.  100 year warranty
View Quote

Have had an 1.5" Xtreme from them for about 3 years now, has been good.

I replaced the roller buckle it came with for a normal nickel buckle from an older belt I had, mostly because I hate roller buckles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Milk Bone dog snacks are made in Topeka, KS.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
A bunch of Carhartt gear is. I wear a ton of it!!

Coats, boots, socks, hats, some shirts and pants.

I love their boots, wear them every day.

Rubbermaid kitchen wear and totes are.

Bilstein shocks.

Will add a bunch of stuff later when I have time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Probes for DVM/DMM's:

Probe Master
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Leupold scopes

https://www.leupold.com/
View Quote

Leupold outsources.

Nightforce makes quite a bit in the US but some of their glass and scopes are made in Japan.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the links guys. I'm getting stuff put in order, keep them coming!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Tagged....and pointing out that Taiwan is NOT CCP/Asshoe.

Buy American first, other countries such as Taiwan if American made products are not available.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
D & R Machinery

View Quote

Sorry, not seeing what they are selling that is US made? Looks like they sell a lot of foreign made CNC machinery?

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Should be noted Lodge seasoned cast iron is made in the U.S. while their enameled cast iron products are made in China.

View Quote

Unfortunately true, wife bought one of their dutch ovens a few months back, believing all their stuff was US.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is a fantastic idea.

Request:

Made in America kitchen appliances. Wife and I are in the process of buying a new house and I would like to get some quality MiA stuff for it!
View Quote

Speed Queen, though some of the components are made outside the US.
HINT: Get the washer and dryer with the old style mechanical timers and controls. LINK
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A bunch of Carhartt gear is. I wear a ton of it!!

Coats, boots, socks, hats, some shirts and pants.

I love their boots, wear them every day.

Rubbermaid kitchen wear and totes are.

Bilstein shocks.

Will add a bunch of stuff later when I have time.
View Quote

I like Carhartt but thought most of it comes from China now? Went to Tractor Supply this winter to get a coat and they all had “made in China” labels, as I recall. Kind of pissed me off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The EZ DUZ IT can opener. Remember that old can opener your parents or grandparents had when you were a kid? Chrome with rubber handles, worked every time. Was almost satisfying to use? That was the swing away can opener. At some point in the 90s or 2000s that company went to China and now is basically less frustrating to open a can with a pocket knife than the junk they sell as can openers now. The EZ DUZ IT uses the old machinery used to build the US made swing away from way back then. It can be found on Amazon for $10

https://www.steuby.com/can-opener.html
View Quote

Interesting.  Didn't know Steuby made those.  Steuby is located in St.Louis, MO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Some more cookware, higher quality cast iron pans.

Strargazer Cast Iron
Pennsylvania

Smithey Ironware
Charleston, SC
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Rick Hinderer knives

Chris Reeves knives

Fimbulvetr Knives (John Gulso)

Brad Southard Knives

Triple Deuces Knives

I'll think of more in a bit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm on that category. I have some on the list already but I, know you will help me think of more.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Tecovas have always been made in Leon, they've been upfront about it from the start. I wish they would do another warehouse sale here in ATX.
View Quote

Are they decent boots?  Will they last?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Tag for electronics and kitchen appliances.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Chase Harper motorcycle bags. Reasonably priced as well, hardly more expensive than chinese made.

A lot of Moen faucets are usa made.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tecovas have always been made in Leon, they've been upfront about it from the start. I wish they would do another warehouse sale here in ATX.

I'm happy with the ones I've had for 3 years, no issues and they're comfortable. I can't say the same about Ariat pairs I've had.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]
All Clad Cookware
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#29]
RADA Cutlery
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Prison Blues,  jeans and denim wear. They are all standard style, no hipster stuff but I have heard lots of good. Made by inmates in Oregon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Of course anything made here is a good first choice, but maybe other countries other than china asshoe for electronics and knick knack shit. Japan, Taiwan, etc. At least until we can get a good head of steam going here on producing a much wider variety of products. china is asshoe.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#32]
In on Page 2 of a great thread.

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#33]
The L.S. Starrett Company offers a variety of products including precision tools, force measurement and material testing, and saws and hand tools.

"Starrett has been making tools in the United States since the beginning. We were founded in Athol, Massachusetts in 1880, where our headquarters still remains. Since then, we've expanded to include other facilities in the states where we manufacture a variety of American-made products."

https://www.starrett.com/home
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Milt Sparks Holsters made in Garden City, ID. They make very nice gun leather and belts for carry. I own a bunch of their leather, good stuff!

https://www.miltsparks.com/
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#35]
@BM-ARM-DPMS-guns

Some stuff is, some stuff isn’t. I only by the stiff made here and in Mexico. For instance their flex jeans are awesome and made in Mexico. I know the last couple of years they have been moving production out of Asia and to different countries. Have seen South America, Jordan, on tags etc.

But yes I wish they could bring all production back. Hopefully with this China bullshit everyone will now and the people will actually support it.

I go absolutely out of my way to try and buy only made in the USA. It’s a pain in the ass for sure and costs me more but I take pride in it!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Man I need one of those opaque Norlans (which are not American made but dammit if they arent the finest whiskey delivery system)
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#37]
North American Arms  plus

Desert Gun Leather ( Phoenix Az )

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#38]
In...my boss is friends with the owner of this company:
https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/factory-denim-jeans/
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In...my boss is friends with the owner of this company:
https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/factory-denim-jeans/
View Quote

Nice username.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#41]
This is what this site is all about great threads like this.

This should be permanently tacked in GD.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Larue!
Medford Knives
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife is looking for a tea kettle made in the USA, anybody know of one? Search doesn't turn up much.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My wife is looking for a tea kettle made in the USA, anybody know of one? Search doesn't turn up much.
View Quote

I just searched eBay for "tea kettle USA" and found several pages of kettles.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The L.S. Starrett Company offers a variety of products including precision tools, force measurement and material testing, and saws and hand tools.

"Starrett has been making tools in the United States since the beginning. We were founded in Athol, Massachusetts in 1880, where our headquarters still remains. Since then, we've expanded to include other facilities in the states where we manufacture a variety of American-made products."

https://www.starrett.com/home
View Quote

But they also have manufacturing plants in Brazil, China, and England; and no longer list COO on their product packaging.

My Starrett micrometer stand is Made in China (with a Made in USA price point), and apparently no other Starrett facility manufactures that tool any longer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:18:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Double H boots

They’ve added another line lately that was, Chinese, I think. But you won’t accidentally buy them, the price is a dead give away.

Copper River bags

Not really my thing but my wife has one and she really likes it. Seems well made.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:37:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Clothing/Footwear/Bags:
- Chippewa (some of their US-made boots were found to have Chinese components)
- Redwing
- Carhartt
- Wolverine
- Danner
- New Balance
- Darn Tough
- Filson
- Duluth Pack
- Frost River Packs

Tools/Power Equipment:
- ChannelLock
- Klein
- Estwing
- Echo
- Stihl
- Honda
- DeWalt

Knives:
- Buck
- Kershaw
- Spyderco
- Benchmade (Yeah, I know)
- About 1000 other one-man shops

Tires:
- GoodYear and Cooper are the last US-owned tire companies, but they may still have some overseas production
- Foreign-owned tire companies like BFGoodrich, Nitto, and others have some US-manufacturing

It's tough to stick with 100% US-made for everyday stuff.  Electronics and appliances are the obvious tough ones.  But a lot of the big US companies have gone overseas, and even their supposed US-made stuff has a good chance of containing Chinesium whether it's major components or nuts, bolts, fabric, threading, or other raw materials.  It pisses me off that many of these US companies have sent lines overseas, but as long as people buy it, I don't see them stopping unless they nut up and put morals above money.  Sometimes the best I can find is "other-than-china" on some items.

There are so many companies with mixed manufacturing, you have to look really closely at what you're buying to see where it was made.  Some of the companies above may have products that are "Made in USA" but with major, critical components made somewhere else.

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:08:20 AM EDT
[#50]
https://isolatorfitness.com/collections/meal-prep-bags
https://isolatorfitness.com/pages/tour-of-isolator

I use an IsoMini blackout as a basic lunch pack even though they are meant for fitness meal storage. It seems most fabric lunch bags and metal lunch boxes are made in China.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top