User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1688
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Some FOMO would be nice today.

Damn, house sale fell through. Legal action is probably going to be taken against buyer. Extremely aggravated.
View Quote

Oh man, sorry to hear that.  What a pain =- all the best.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Damn, house sale fell through. Legal action is probably going to be taken against buyer. Extremely aggravated.
View Quote

Get ‘em
That sucks though
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

My SLVO looks odd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Originally Posted By Tango:

Apparently it was a 1:20 split so that sounds about right

Still showing all my shares. That will probably change when market opens?

I think it takes some time for a broker to reconcile all the numbers.  I am showing the new share counts - TDAmeritrade.

My SLVO looks odd

I know with TDA the average share price doesn't sort out until the next day.  If you go into the cost basis page all of the shares are reconciled there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
MVIS up 6% - somebody somewhere somehow knows something
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:40:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#5]
View Quote

Hate to rain on anyone's parade, but the whole lidar sector is up.

However we are up mostest. We're #1!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

View All Quotes

We have 29% institutional ownership!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

You calling me retarded?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

MVIS now +5.1%
LAZR +7.5%
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#9]

You calling me retarded?
View All Quotes

You calling me retarded?

I don't want to hurt anyone's feels.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Rolled my intel calls at open and already up 20%  
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Thanks.

Would have loved to have a big check in my hand yesterday.  Instead nothing.  Ontop of that FED keeps raising rates and people won't want to buy houses.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks.

Would have loved to have a big check in my hand yesterday.  Instead nothing.  Ontop of that FED keeps raising rates and people won't want to buy houses.
View All Quotes

Thanks.

Maybe this will help - if I'm not mistaken you accumulate AMD?

AMD: A $200+ Stock When The Market Wakes Up

Sep. 26, 2022 4:32 PM ETAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)INTC, NVDA113 Comments
Summary

AMD's stock has been undeservedly hammered (down 60% from highs) due to weakness in other semiconductor firms.
   However, AMD has reported earnings growth (67% growth YoY), guided higher, and recently implicitly reaffirmed their guidance.
   Even if economic conditions are challenging, AMD earnings are set to explode higher.
   AMD is trading at 15x current earnings and 7x predicted 2023 earnings. It's a coiled spring ready to rocket when the market wakes up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#13]

You calling me retarded?
View All Quotes

You calling me retarded?

That’s an ugly word.  But, we are all special!!!

Fidelity has institutional at 30.20%.  It has crept up from 29.18 over the last month. I expected to see shorts covered as we crept down by $.50 increments over the last few weeks.  But, it has gone the other way.  Shorts are up.  

This may mean nothing.  I can’t quite get my mind around short share, borrowed short shares, etc… and what it actually adds up to.  

I think the inst. owners are backing out of shorts.  IDFK

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

That sucks. Financing issue or buyers being dicks?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:40:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#15]
Originally Posted By 1969GTX:

That sucks. Financing issue or buyers being dicks?
View Quote

It would seem like the buyers, if they had a rate-lock, just threw away mortgage terms that can't be duplicated.
Or maybe the lender found a way to weasel out of the deal after last week's rate hike.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Wash sale question
I ASSume that it only applies if you rebuy the same company
I'm thinking of selling my SPY and then DCA into VOO
Same basic ETF but with lower fees
My non educated opinion says that's not a wash sale
View Quote

I am not an expert, but many on bogleheads forum are doing similar for tax loss harvesting purposes. Obviously can't do that if it's a wash sale. I post there when I have questions like that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Sep. 26, 2022 4:32 PM ETAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)INTC, NVDA113 Comments
Summary

AMD's stock has been undeservedly hammered (down 60% from highs) due to weakness in other semiconductor firms.
   However, AMD has reported earnings growth (67% growth YoY), guided higher, and recently implicitly reaffirmed their guidance.
   Even if economic conditions are challenging, AMD earnings are set to explode higher.
   AMD is trading at 15x current earnings and 7x predicted 2023 earnings. It's a coiled spring ready to rocket when the market wakes up.
View Quote

I've switched to Intel. Just waiting AMD out.  

My lawyer told dude he was in breach of contract and he told my lawyer he was going to file a restraining order against him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

It would seem like the buyers, if they had a rate-lock, just threw away mortgage terms that can't be duplicated.
Or maybe the lender found a way to weasel out of the deal after last week's rate hike.
View Quote

Buyer with no cause.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Summary

View Quote

I believe it is easily a $130 stock. Anything under $70 is free money. And since I just sold calls on it, it will continue to go up lol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:56:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#20]
INND up 22%!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Buyer with no cause.
View Quote

And wants you to sign a release for the earnest money deposit?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]

And wants you to sign a release for the earnest money deposit?
View Quote

I imagine they want me to not sue them at this point.

Threatening my lawyer is probably not the best course of action though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:12:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#23]
Biden destroyer of calls. Up 33% on calls I rolled from yesterday that were up 40% yesterday. Not a good market for call buyers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Phosphate, fertilizer;

Hurricane Ian is barreling toward Florida, threatening production of phosphate used to make fertilizer. The disruption may add to the record costs of growing food in the U.S., Bloomberg reported.

Mosaic’s (NYSE:MOS) phosphate rock mines and factory that convert raw materials into diammonium phosphate (DAP) and monoammonium phosphate (MAP) are in Florida. The company’s New Wales facility may be offline for weeks depending on how damaging the storm is, according to Enki Research forecasts cited by Bloomberg.

Food production costs in the U.S. already were on course to jump by a record amount this year after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine crimped supplies of cereal grains.

Mosaic controls more than half of the 15.9 million metric tons of U.S. output of DAP and MAP fertilizers, most of which are in Florida, Bloomberg reported.

Food prices surged 11.4% in August from the prior year, partly driving an 8.3% jump in the consumer price index.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]
VOO just hit 52 week lows and S&P about to drop below 3600
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
VOO just hit 52 week lows and S&P about to drop below 3600
View Quote

I bought SPY Jan 23 $200 puts this morning and they're up 15%
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Glad I sold calls earlier when everything was up. Pretty sure I'll end the day red again. It's just not green enough to hold.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#28]
Makes sense.Attachment Attached File

And this is what I want my CEO to be saying.
Attachment Attached File

Card probably sucks but whatever.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#29]
What in tarnation is going on I ask  rhetorically.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

MVIS is carrying my whole account. That's weird.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

She's been pretty reliable, considering the situation recently.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#32]
INND is being frisky!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 1969GTX:
INND is being frisky!!
View Quote

Stay or bail??
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:04:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MacGuffin] [#34]
MicroVision's MAVIN DR Dynamic Range Lidar Class 1 Compliant Download as PDFSeptember 27, 2022 4:02pm EDT

Class 1 Compliance Allows MicroVision to Begin Sample Sales and Accelerate Real-World Validation

REDMOND, WA / ACCESSWIRE / September 27, 2022 / MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS), a leader in MEMS-based solid-state automotive lidar and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) solutions, today announced its MAVIN  DR dynamic view lidar system as Class 1 laser product compliant. Class 1 laser products comply with laser safety standards and present no hazard to the eye or skin, according to the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Achieving Class 1 compliance is a key milestone toward securing OEM partnerships, allowing MicroVision to begin sample sales and allowing potential customers to develop lean system architectures with unmatched system level safety guaranteed at lidar level running in real-time logic. MicroVision believes that this represents a huge advantage over all other current solutions. In particular, MicroVision's pixel-by-pixel approach to Class 1 compliance, believed to be a first in the industry, is expected to meet the high standards of OEMs.

Class 1 Compliant Press release

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By moretimethanmoney:

MicroVision's MAVIN DR Dynamic Range Lidar Class 1 Compliant Download as PDFSeptember 27, 2022 4:02pm EDT

Class 1 Compliance Allows MicroVision to Begin Sample Sales and Accelerate Real-World Validation

REDMOND, WA / ACCESSWIRE / September 27, 2022 / MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ:MVIS), a leader in MEMS-based solid-state automotive lidar and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) solutions, today announced its MAVIN  DR dynamic view lidar system as Class 1 laser product compliant. Class 1 laser products comply with laser safety standards and present no hazard to the eye or skin, according to the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Achieving Class 1 compliance is a key milestone toward securing OEM partnerships, allowing MicroVision to begin sample sales and allowing potential customers to develop lean system architectures with unmatched system level safety guaranteed at lidar level running in real-time logic. MicroVision believes that this represents a huge advantage over all other current solutions. In particular, MicroVision's pixel-by-pixel approach to Class 1 compliance, believed to be a first in the industry, is expected to meet the high standards of OEMs.

View Quote

Now moon Lambo?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

That is encouraging. Should make the needle move but in this market you never know which direction
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

Now moon Lambo?
View Quote

Lambo's
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Man you guys are fast.  Tweeted 3m ago.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Stay or bail??
View Quote

I'm still red so I am holding. I think I may only have 9000 shares lol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Achieving Class 1 compliance is a key milestone toward securing OEM partnerships, allowing MicroVision to begin sample sales and allowing potential customers to develop lean system architectures with unmatched system level safety guaranteed at lidar level running in real-time logic. MicroVision believes that this represents a huge advantage over all other current solutions. In particular, MicroVision's pixel-by-pixel approach to Class 1 compliance, believed to be a first in the industry, is expected to meet the high standards of OEMs.

I'm a huge fan of met targets, key milestones, OEM partnerships, huge advantages and industry firsts.

Back to my fishing. The tourists poured out of here after Labor Day, right on schedule, leaving the most glorious weather of the year and me, my wife and the doggones with a mostly deserted 94,720 acre lake

Taken yesterday, with the advisors snoozing on the sundeck. Good luck to everyone...keep the faith!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#41]
BBIG up 8% in the last 15 minutes?
No Investor Relations emails today.
Will make sure I'm ready to sell calls in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#42]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Achieving Class 1 compliance is a key milestone toward securing OEM partnerships, allowing MicroVision to begin sample sales and allowing potential customers to develop lean system architectures with unmatched system level safety guaranteed at lidar level running in real-time logic. MicroVision believes that this represents a huge advantage over all other current solutions. In particular, MicroVision's pixel-by-pixel approach to Class 1 compliance, believed to be a first in the industry, is expected to meet the high standards of OEMs.

I'm a huge fan of met targets, key milestones, OEM partnerships, huge advantages and industry firsts.

Back to my fishing. The tourists poured out of here after Labor Day, right on schedule, leaving the most glorious weather of the year and me, my wife and the doggones with a mostly deserted 94,720 acre lake

Taken yesterday, with the advisors snoozing on the sundeck. Good luck to everyone...keep the faith!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457055/ripples_jpeg-2541644.JPG
View Quote

I knew somebody somewhere somehow knew something!  And man if I don't need the calm waters, fresh air and sunshine crossing your bow there - I am about finished.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#43]
BBIG up 8% in the last 15 minutes?
No Investor Relations emails today.
Will make sure I'm ready to sell calls in the morning.
View Quote

Be prepared for bbig things to happen lol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#44]
BBIG is the only stock I know of that can go up greatly and down greatly all the while staying at exactly the same price.  What gives
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmmm, another 2 weeks straight like today and my account might go green

INND and MVIS gave me a huge boost today.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#46]

I knew somebody somewhere somehow knew something!  And man if I don't need the calm waters, fresh air and sunshine crossing your bow there - I am about finished.
View Quote

Somebody did a post on R/MVIS about trading on non-public information, and then welcomed all the Members of Congress to the Sub-Reddit...

"Pulses that are hardware-encoded and timed within nanoseconds of each other are used to qualify the safety of each and every pulse emitted throughout the field of view. This represents the first implementation of its kind that conforms to IEC specification with safety compliance inside the lidar unlike other systems that rely on more expensive sensor fusion implementations that may not be as robust to IEC requirements.”

I'm not 100% sure what this means, but I like the sound of it. And they patented the system, btw.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Is the class 1 compliance only for Mavin or the entire lineup? Are our competitors also class 1 compliant yet?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#48]
This isn't fun anymore.  I was promised fun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
This isn't fun anymore.  I was promised fun.
View Quote

Lol yea…
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Page / 1688
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top