BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

For those that aren't aware, this is the "danger"...but technically you aren't losing money if that happens.  Loss of real money only comes when trading options on shares with a strike below your cost basis on the shares you use as collateral if they're called away.  Just don't do that.

But, as Total53 said, there is still a hazard of losing out if there's a run-up.  That's why I'm only playing with 8%-10% of my 53K+ shares.

However, I've stated several pages back that I intend to increase that risk and move up in the percentage of my MVIS holdings that I used for covered calls.  

I'll be going to 20% but NOT UNTIL AFTER THE EARNINGS CALL!  The risk is that we get news directly before or the Friday after the EC, and if there's a pop I don't want to be caught with my pants down.  That's me speculating we receive good news and a pop.  I've mentioned why earlier in this thread.
View Quote

I've been doing roughly 50% of my shares on covered calls. I am taking next week off though just in case.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Total53:

I had a sell order in for .1180, what I figured to be a good profit or a let it ride over the weekend deal.
Looks like we're going to let it ride
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:
DPLS closed above .10, I hope this will be good for Monday.

I had a sell order in for .1180, what I figured to be a good profit or a let it ride over the weekend deal.

I'm with you.  Let's go Monday!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]

I've 5 contracts @ $14 I'm letting exercise today.  The end of next week I believe it will be well worth it, and I can sell them for more than $14 easily via ITM calls further out (around 8/20 or so).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
Damnit, I should have rolled my $14 puts earlier today.  Now I've got to decide to do it now at lower profit or just let them exercise.

I've 5 contracts @ $14 I'm letting exercise today.  The end of next week I believe it will be well worth it, and I can sell them for more than $14 easily via ITM calls further out (around 8/20 or so).

I decided to let them exercise.  I'll be in for $13.10/share.  I can live with that.

Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:
DPLS closed above .10, I hope this will be good for Monday.

Originally Posted By jb31:

Yeah, good close.  I like the momentum.

Fitting end to the week!

Strong buying momentum into the close.  I have to admit that a couple of times I saw big sales come through and I started getting nervous.

I think the strong momentum into the weekend bodes well.  Let's just hope JPow or the Clown In Chief don't say something stupid over the weekend...more stupid than usual.

Are you using a Level II platform to see this info?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Only a few days to rip before post-EC dip, they better get busy Monday! I have some calls to sell!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:57:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

This is probably a retarded strategy, but next time MVIS spikes... lets say to $30. I'm selling $20 calls for 2-3 weeks out for $10/piece. I'll instantly get $300,000-500,000 and the chances MVIS free falls again following a spike... is nearly a guarantee. Its done it every time. Assuming I keep my shares, I only than get hit with short term capitol gains on the premiums... and I hold onto my shares... not breaking the "hold for 12 month" or whatever timeframe it is.
View Quote

I thought American calls could be pulled at any time. So there’s the chance the person buying them executed right away. Right?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:23:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#9]

This is probably a retarded strategy, but next time MVIS spikes... lets say to $30. I'm selling $20 calls for 2-3 weeks out for $10/piece. I'll instantly get $300,000-500,000 and the chances MVIS free falls again following a spike... is nearly a guarantee. Its done it every time. Assuming I keep my shares, I only than get hit with short term capitol gains on the premiums... and I hold onto my shares... not breaking the "hold for 12 month" or whatever timeframe it is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I'd just buy back the calls and roll to later dates for more $$$

Me and many others have left a lot of money on the table just sitting on shares hoping the day would come. I'm doing my best to use my position to make it larger. Looking back at all the times I held thinking an announcement was days away...

I've gained around 3000 MVIS shares in the past 2 weeks selling calls.

I think I was trying to explain options to you over a year ago at Flyover.  

Everyone pay attention.  This is the way to exit a position.  Again...THIS. IS. THE. WAY.

even if you don’t plan on trading options on a weekly or monthly basis, exiting a position via an ITM (In the money) Covered Call is the way.  Why just make an exit when you can drag a sweet sweet premium out along with it?  The premium alone could be worth thousands depending on how much you hold in a security you’re liquidating.

If you’re confused on Covered Call options, take some time this weekend to read up on it.  I posted videos a page or two back that will help you understand.  You’d really do yourself a favor to exit like this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Sounds right.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I thought American calls could be pulled at any time. So there’s the chance the person buying them executed right away. Right?
View All Quotes

I’m being told it seldom happens.

Let’s say it does.

You have decided to close your position anyway at $30.  Your premium is, let’s say $10 a share as in Ryan’s example.

If for some reason it closes early, you’re still netting $30...your planned exit position.  If it stays above the $20 strike price.

If it drops to $19.99 at the expiration date you keep your shares and the huge premium.  Feel free to exit at that point if you wish, but I’d then do the same thing the following week and make bank...again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

The only possible reason I can think of exercising early would be to get a dividend payment.  I'm not going to reconstruct the math because it's 5:30 on a Friday.  Also, if for some reason you lack the ability to short the stock (nobody).
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#15]
510 shares of MVIS. Price only needs to go to $1960 for me to be a millionaire.

Life is funny. I find myself $8000 invested into a stock I heard about on a firearm board, trusting information and opinions from complete strangers I've never met. Hell if it wasn't for this place I'd likely never give investing a second thought. Technology is wonderful.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]

The only possible reason I can think of exercising early would be to get a dividend payment.  I'm not going to reconstruct the math because it's 5:30 on a Friday.  Also, if for some reason you lack the ability to short the stock (nobody).
View Quote

Was just thinking why would someone make a call if they didn’t want to buy the shares at that price at that time. But then I got thinking “well why wouldn’t I just buy a PUT” in that case. Now I’m more confused than before.

So a Call is just a bet, huh? People don’t usually buy them with the intent to exercise
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Was just thinking why would someone make a call if they didn't want to buy the shares at that price at that time. But then I got thinking "well why wouldn't I just buy a PUT" in that case. Now I'm more confused than before.

So a Call is just a bet, huh? People don't usually buy them with the intent to exercise
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they buy them with the intent to resell them if/as the price continues to rise.  They can collect a higher premium and don't have to lay out capital to actually purchase the underlying 100 shares/contract.  It gets to be a game of hot potato toward the expiration date.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By moretimethanmoney:
I'm pretty sure they buy them with the intent to resell them if/as the price continues to rise.  They can collect a higher premium and don't have to lay out capital to actually purchase the underlying 100 shares/contract.  It gets to be a game of hot potato toward the expiration date.
View Quote

Yeah that makes sense. I’m not sure why I got pulled out from there
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]

That is my understanding aswell. I've had a few calls that were ITM (for the buyer of the calls) 2-3 days before expiring but they were never exercised, the share price went down and they expired worthless.

A few pages back I posted an "insane" strategy that could potentially pay off if you had patience and were not buying anything on Margin.... Sell a bunch of $30 covered calls expiring January 2023 for at the time $5-6/share. Use that money to buy more MVIS. Even if MVIS hits $40 December 2021 and your calls are executed early for $30/share while the share price is $40..... you'd come out ahead $100,000 assuming you had 25,000 shares to start with and just sat on the 25,000 shares and sold at the $40 peak.
View Quote

I bet you could sell $20 ones and then just roll them out in 2 years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:37:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AesopsWildBoar] [#20]
Just put in two small orders, one for LYFE and one for EGIS. Figure I’ve blown enough might as well support a good initiative that is more likely to go up… but will never make me a millionaire.

Both are index funds which are focused on good companies in search of a profit. Neither fund supports the outward leftist agendas. While black rock is using their might to force change (read: support marxists) these funds don’t. Going to put my money where my mouth is for a change.

Read more here:
https://www.2ndvotefunds.com/investment-products

*im not an investment adviser, yada yada yada *

Edit: to be clear, I’m small beans in this thread and only buying a couple. Also, have a buy order waiting for a dip on each.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Howling_Coyote] [#21]
Whoops.  Old article.  Friend sent it to me.  I'm a dumbass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
This guy finally brings up different verticals versus just saying mvis sucks

An actual good article for once?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#23]

Was just thinking why would someone make a call if they didn’t want to buy the shares at that price at that time. But then I got thinking “well why wouldn’t I just buy a PUT” in that case. Now I’m more confused than before.

So a Call is just a bet, huh? People don’t usually buy them with the intent to exercise
View All Quotes

Now I think I’m confused.  I was talking about exercising early.  

Every single time I’ve sold a call that’s been ITM on expiration date, it has been exercised.  When I buy calls, my intent is not to exercise.  My intent is to sell it when it’s ITM to someone who does want to exercise the call.  

I wouldn’t call it a bet in so far as you shouldn’t be just buying a call on a date at a random price.  You’re position should be based on DD.  Hence why we post when we see bull sweeps at certain prices.

Buying a put means you think the price is going to be at or below a certain price.

Options are used largely for two reasons, speculation and hedging your position against loss.  It just so happens that we are using them as speculation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Every single time I’ve sold a call that’s been ITM on expiration date, it has been exercised.  When I buy calls, my intent is not to exercise.  My intent is to sell it when it’s ITM to someone who does want to exercise the call.  

I wouldn’t call it a bet in so far as you shouldn’t be just buying a call on a date at a random price.  You’re position should be based on DD.  Hence why we post when we see bull sweeps at certain prices.

Buying a put means you think the price is going to be at or below a certain price.

Options are used largely for two reasons, speculation and hedging your position against loss.  It just so happens that we are using them as speculation.
View Quote

RBL or anyone else.  Are you using an options sweep app, and if so, what do you use/prefer?

There aren’t many free ones out there, I’d suspect pay-for apps/programs are the way to go anyway.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Life is funny. I find myself $8000 invested into a stock I heard about on a firearm board, trusting information and opinions from complete strangers I've never met.
View Quote

I'm right there with ya brother except I've got two years salary on Miss Mavis.

To the moon !
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Vroom

Zerohedge article about said vroom

Wonder who MVIS is working with?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#27]

RBL or anyone else.  Are you using an options sweep app, and if so, what do you use/prefer?

There aren’t many free ones out there, I’d suspect pay-for apps/programs are the way to go anyway.
View Quote

I follow Will Meade and Unusual Whales on Twitter, they sometimes post sweeps.

We also have a bot that post all of the Unusual Whale tweets in our Discord, sometimes its helpful info, sometimes its not.

One of the guys on Discord pays the UW premium subscription and posts the info via the Bot. At one time we paid for Will Meade service (his premium feed) but it turned out to be useless bullshit and his batting average was like 25% at best. His basketball picks were 50% though!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:
Vroom

Zerohedge article about said vroom

Wonder who MVIS is working with?
View Quote

#TEAMSHARMA!!!!!

We need to win this race.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#30]
What's the discord channel?
View Quote

It's a chat app where the degenerates hang out. @whiskersthecat

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Ok it's making more sense sobered up and after sleeping on it. I'm thinking there are 2 kinds of people who buy the calls:
1) speculator. No intention to hold the shares, just flip the "bet" for profit
2) people that want to hold the shares but don't yet hold the capital. Otherwise it makes no sense to pay for future shares when the current share price is lower.

Similar with PUTs.
1) speculator. wants to gamble it.
2) person that wants to buy shares at a lower price and figures you may as well get a premium instead of setting a limit buy
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:10:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JarheadPatriot] [#32]
Net Savings Link  ($NSAV). They were trading around .02-.03, up as high as .05. I've made a few pennies on this stock, but I think it's ready for bigger money. Currently up 40% as of Friday's close to .0977.
   They have a crypto exchange coming out in August. That is driving their price right now, I'm sure.  
   Buy the rumor, sell the news, right?
  Anyway, if anyone looks into them and sees any red flags that I don't recognize, let me know. Otherwise, I think this will be a good 90 day hold. I originally bought in at .02 and sold at .05. But I'm a newb who gets excited to see profit. Lol.

ETA: Their crypto exchange will be only the 2nd publicly traded US exchange after Coinbase. Currently valued at $2Bn.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Life is funny. I find myself $8000 invested into a stock I heard about on a firearm board, trusting information and opinions from complete strangers I've never met. Hell if it wasn't for this place I'd likely never give investing a second thought. Technology is wonderful.
View Quote
I never thought I had any money for investing. The pandemic stimulus checks and this thread convinced me otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Ok it's making more sense sobered up and after sleeping on it. I'm thinking there are 2 kinds of people who buy the calls:
2) people that want to hold the shares but don't yet hold the capital. Otherwise it makes no sense to pay for future shares when the current share price is lower.

Similar with PUTs.
2) person that wants to buy shares at a lower price and figures you may as well get a premium instead of setting a limit buy
View Quote

Yep!

Keep in mind that the other option is someone who doesn’t believe the stock price will go higher but wants to limit their loss upside.  For instance if you’re heavily short the stock you potentially have unlimited loss on the upside.  Buying the call allows you to at least lock in/limit the loss.

Vice versa for puts.

As far as sweeps, I have level 2 trading data on thinkorswim and it notifies me of any unusual sweep or option activity.  I generally post them here when it’s for a stock we are watching.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd like to buy another 50 shares but as soon as I do that the price will go down. Therefore, can someone take one for the team and buy some shares before me so I can buy the dip?
View Quote

Not me. I made it dip last time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Similar with PUTs.
View Quote

I Sell puts to aquire shares under the market value.  The longer I roll out a put the lower the price I can aquire the shares for.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

#TEAMSHARMA!!!!!

We need to win this race.
View Quote

There's an important piece in the accompanying article:
"Each of the teams competing in the race will receive the same Dallara-produced AV-21 race car that has been retrofitted with radar, cameras, ultrasonic and infrared sensors, along with LiDAR. Dallara has produced race cars for the Indy series for the last two decades."

Musk did a huge dis-service with his loud and persistent "camera and AI" solution, even when it became blindingly obvious his approach was badly flawed. With Dr. Luce's appointment, it's occurred to me Sumit didn't wait for "somebody to come looking for an integrated sensor module". I'm convinced they're pushing into it with zero public visibility or fanfare. Somebody mentioned the unit being incorporated into the existing headlight buckets...OEM gets zero styling impact and 180 degree scan off the nose. Seems so obvious, now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

"Each of the teams competing in the race will receive the same Dallara-produced AV-21 race car that has been retrofitted with radar, cameras, ultrasonic and infrared sensors, along with LiDAR. Dallara has produced race cars for the Indy series for the last two decades."

Musk did a huge dis-service with his loud and persistent "camera and AI" solution, even when it became blindingly obvious his approach was badly flawed. With Dr. Luce's appointment, it's occurred to me Sumit didn't wait for "somebody to come looking for an integrated sensor module". I'm convinced they're pushing into it with zero public visibility or fanfare. Somebody mentioned the unit being incorporated into the existing headlight buckets...OEM gets zero styling impact and 180 degree scan off the nose. Seems so obvious, now.
View Quote

That quote "along with Lidar" is very oddly phrased.

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I think I have a blank space on my calendar Wednesday if you want to catch a coffee

This thread was started as a "flutter" (do Americans do flutters? Small bet of no consequence to my wife's countrymen) diversion away from the drab reality of the Covid starkness.

For what it's worth, I was on very solid ground when I started relaying the corp history and current situation on the ground. I wrote the other day, the situation has grown and spun largely out of my capacity to make an informed judgment. Too many unknowns, too much money at stake, and a business/investing ecosphere turning logic on it's ear damn near every day. There are also multiple economists and pundits now predicting a very hard and real correction looming closely on the horizon for the market as a whole...and high volatility tech is notable for being one of the first horses to go down when big money starts looking for safe haven...and I don't thing we're far off that day.

I'm still long, but please be careful. My ACB is about $0.53 right now, so my exposure is very light.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Additionally, Dr. Luce and the Optoflux company have been unceremoniously connected to Google Glass, in reddit of course.

Just the rumor of a combo Camera/Lidar sensor could be the next MVIS pps spike catalyst.
Stay frosty fellow MicroVisionaries
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#41]
It will be interesting to see how this race plays out. Will each team build their own sensor array and AI and choose their components?

We can hope for big fiery crashes of all of the AEVA, LAZR, OUST and VLDR etc. cars. Will the commentators be discussing the technology of each build?
This seems like the kind of thing that Engineers would cream their pants for. Hopefully Sharma is out their pushing his tech to these teams.

An Indy car would make a pretty sweet display piece for the tech show in Munich.

Attachment Attached File

Has r/mvis torn this apart for signs of Lidar yet? I scanned it and nothing jumped out to me as a familiar Lidar model.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

So, we'll be able to have races that have no actual drivers, cars run circles on the track on their own? :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#43]
What's the discord channel?
View Quote

https://discord.gg/gJQ69Yf5
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody remember the huge slot car track franchises from the strip mall memories of my 1960s youth?

Big birthday party favorite. You and ten friends, each with a car and a hand controller battling it out for world F1 dominance on a thirty or forty foot long banked circuit. Okay, mostly it was my brother driving, I always got detailed to chase the highsides and put them back on the track

I guess this would get closer to RC racing, with very expensive toys.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#45]

I think I have a blank space on my calendar Wednesday if you want to catch a coffee

This thread was started as a "flutter" (do Americans do flutters? Small bet of no consequence to my wife's countrymen) diversion away from the drab reality of the Covid starkness.

For what it's worth, I was on very solid ground when I started relaying the corp history and current situation on the ground. I wrote the other day, the situation has grown and spun largely out of my capacity to make an informed judgment. Too many unknowns, too much money at stake, and a business/investing ecosphere turning logic on it's ear damn near every day. There are also multiple economists and pundits now predicting a very hard and real correction looming closely on the horizon for the market as a whole...and high volatility tech is notable for being one of the first horses to go down when big money starts looking for safe haven...and I don't thing we're far off that day.

I'm still long, but please be careful. My ACB is about $0.53 right now, so my exposure is very light.
View Quote

I’ll quote you because your voice carries more weight but gents please be careful.  The market cannot sustain the pace it’s on right now.  It was already over cooked before covid and the stimulus is only making it worse.

I think we are relatively safe under JPow because nobody wants to be the chairman that has to reign in an out of control economy.  If he gets replaced in Feb 2022 (look for Biden to nominate someone else but keep in mind he was appointed by Obama) then all bets are off.  I don’t know if we are 6 months or 2 years away from a correction but the longer it takes the worse it’s going to be.

I’ve said it before but I have zero market index funds in any of my portfolios right now.

You need to be focused on absolute returns not relative returns.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
It will be interesting to see how this race plays out. Will each team build their own sensor array and AI and choose their components?

We can hope for big fiery crashes of all of the AEVA, LAZR, OUST and VLDR etc. cars. Will the commentators be discussing the technology of each build?
This seems like the kind of thing that Engineers would cream their pants for. Hopefully Sharma is out their pushing his tech to these teams.

An Indy car would make a pretty sweet display piece for the tech show in Munich.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture2_JPG-2034540.JPG
Has r/mvis torn this apart for signs of Lidar yet? I scanned it and nothing jumped out to me as a familiar Lidar model.
View Quote

I read the announcement as same car, same hardware, same sensors.  This is primarily a PR event for autonomous driving in a mass public setting, along with a software development exercise.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Theta gang like a motherfucker up in here.

Hmm....I have 200 shares of AMC.  Might have to look into this.  But all my stuff these days is in my Fidelity IRA....not sure if they'd allow me to do options in that.  Hmm....
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:44:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#48]

I’ll quote you because your voice carries more weight but gents please be careful.  The market cannot sustain the pace it’s on right now.  It was already over cooked before covid and the stimulus is only making it worse.

I think we are relatively safe under JPow because nobody wants to be the chairman that has to reign in an out of control economy.  If he gets replaced in Feb 2022 (look for Biden to nominate someone else but keep in mind he was appointed by Obama) then all bets are off.  I don’t know if we are 6 months or 2 years away from a correction but the longer it takes the worse it’s going to be.

I’ve said it before but I have zero market index funds in any of my portfolios right now.

View Quote

Internet disconnect...aren't we saying the same thing? That's at least what I intended, but I have to reread almost everything I say now two or three times. Better living through chemistry, as I think Dupont famously once said. I'm reading a potentially very close hard shock, possibly as soon as September. Do you have some measure of faith we stand a decent chance of coming out of 2021 intact? This is highly germane to my current plans and expectations.

I have an excellent track record of being right six months early...very similar to Cathy Woods observation that being early in the tech cycle is absolutely congruent with being wrong.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:48:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#49]

View Quote

100% VTSAX in my Roth IRA. But I have 20-25  years before I retire. I assume I'll likely see at least two bear markets til then.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Internet disconnect...aren't we saying the same thing? That's at least what I intended, but I have to reread almost everything I say now two or three times. Better living through chemistry, as I think Dupont famously once said. I'm reading a potentially very close hard shock, possibly as soon as September. Do you have some measure of faith we stand a decent chance of coming out of 2021 intact? This is highly germane to my current plans and expectations.

I have an excellent track record of being right six months early...very similar to Cathy Woods observation that being early in the tech cycle is absolutely congruent with being wrong.
View Quote

We are.  I’ve been preaching the same thing.  I was quoting as you’re more like Paul and I’m Timothy.  Your voice carries more weight and I’m in agreement.

I’m also like you in that when I put a time in something I’m wrong.  I think we get out of 2021 alive.

Also like you, there’s too much in play for me to say much beyond that.  My fear is that the dims are going to do everything to try and keep the economy hot.  They can’t afford to have the economy turn on them.  If they continue to try and keep it running the melt down only gets delayed and gets worse.
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top