BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

And does that open price carry over from premarket?
View Quote

No.  You can get crazy swings at market open.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:15:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#2]
I want to get in on rycey tomorrow AM. If I put a buy order for on the open, does that buy a premarket price on the open? Meaning it closed for 1.78 Friday. Will an on the open order get that price?
View Quote

It's been a while since i had any RYCEY, but it seems they didn't trade extended hours. I may have had to use limit orders also, similar to OTC stocks... or maybe it is an OTC now.

Edit: I just pulled a chart on ATP and seems they do trade extended, but the volume is very thin. That 10 day chart is crazy. Looks like a set of stairs, jumped daily and flatlined.

My pic looks broken.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I'm going to sell in the money calls at $2 above max pain.  It's going to fall back down.  And if it doesn't fall all the way back down I can just buy the calls back cheap or roll them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:

The reddits are going nuts over the 260% bs.

I never did fill out my position, started to then work got stupid.
Trying to figure out if I just sell what I have? Or maybe set a limit for half to cover the investment then hold the rest for the spin off circus

I'm going to sell in the money calls at $2 above max pain.  It's going to fall back down.  And if it doesn't fall all the way back down I can just buy the calls back cheap or roll them out.

What did max pain end at on the close Friday?

And when/if we get the spike Monday intra-day, do you think it will be around the same max pain?

I’ve been waiting for the damn spike so I can sell 35 contracts.  

Can you let us know what max pain is when you’re about to sell your calls?

I have $8.75, $9.00 and $10.76 cost basis I need to plan my call contracts around.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

And when/if we get the spike Monday intra-day, do you think it will be around the same max pain?

I have $8.75, $9.00 and $10.76 cost basis I need to plan my call contracts around.
View Quote

That is an fugly cost basis, thought mine was bad at $7.80.
Gonna take a shit-ton of FOMO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]

No.  You can get crazy swings at market open.
View Quote

Got ya thanks. So maybe wait til a few hours after to buy?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Max pain was $7 for next week. But it could be different tomorrow.  I'll probably sell at the 15th because that's when my calls are for.

No way to know when max spike will be or if people will FOMO like crazy tomorrow.  We just have to wait and see.  

You can just sell calls above your cost and you will be good. Does your app not show average cost per share?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

You never know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]

That is an fugly cost basis, thought mine was bad at $7.80.
Gonna take a shit-ton of FOMO.
View Quote

I'm at $8.59. But it doesn't matter to me.  I'm long on this one just to sell calls forever.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Max pain was $7 for next week. But it could be different tomorrow.  I'll probably sell at the 15th because that's when my calls are for.

No way to know when max spike will be or if people will FOMO like crazy tomorrow.  We just have to wait and see.  

You can just sell calls above your cost and you will be good. Does your app not show average cost per share?
View All Quotes

I understand we won’t know what the spike will be, just that I thought max pain will follow it somewhat.

I have average cost per share.

1,500 @ $8.75
500 @ $9.00
1,500 @ $10.76

I was buying in around the first and second week we heard about it here, that’s why my average is so high lol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Hey Venge

I looked at the RYCEY chart and there are some gaps, where it jumped on open.
The law of the jungle (read market) states that all gaps must be filled.
If you can get past the DoD contract FOMO and wait for that $1.70 gap to fill you might save a few pennies.
A word on the gap, it can fill the next session/day/week/year/decade.

If it was me that wanted RYCEY @ 1.78, I would place a GTC limit order in right now.
If pre-market starts running and you really think the pps will run, try to jump in front of it by adjusting your limit.
IBKR will fill my orders as soon as legal trading starts for my tier of service.
I will get 7 or 8 warning check boxes but the order will go in.

Also, the bid/ask are usually very wide during both PM and AH, sometimes you can get a really decent bargain.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#11]

Hey Venge

I looked at the RYCEY chart and there are some gaps, where it jumped on open.
The law of the jungle (read market) states that all gaps must be filled.
If you can get past the DoD contract FOMO and wait for that $1.70 gap to fill you might save a few pennies.
A word on the gap, it can fill the next session/day/week/year/decade.

If it was me that wanted RYCEY @ 1.78, I would place a GTC limit order in right now.
If pre-market starts running and you really think the pps will run, try to jump in front of it by adjusting your limit.
IBKR will fill my orders as soon as legal trading starts for my tier of service.
I will get 7 or 8 warning check boxes but the order will go in.

Also, the bid/ask are usually very wide during both PM and AH, sometimes you can get a really decent bargain.

Good Luck.
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#12]

I understand we won’t know what the spike will be, just that I thought max pain will follow it somewhat.

I have average cost per share.

1,500 @ $8.75
500 @ $9.00
1,500 @ $10.76

I was buying in around the first and second week we heard about it here, that’s why my average is so high lol.
View Quote

You are higher than me but I averaged down.  And I have been selling calls on it this whole time. Until someone bought all those $6 strike calls. Then I started buying them.  

It looked like we hit the bottom of the down cycle Friday.  Should get some ups now.

We will see what happens tomorrow.

Max pain can change when market makers sell more calls and puts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#13]
There sure is a lot of pump and FOMO about BBIG for tomorrow.  Things might get very interesting.

Now I kind of want those 3000 shares at $6.
View Quote

Lol. Let them pump. I shall sell calls!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#14]
kaik, what kind of calls are you selling on bbig? I think I'm going to start doing some tomorrow. How far out do you set them? How do you gauge what you set the price to? Might as well make some $ off this.

Also, when I was looking at the prompt for the call, it is saying max profit : xxx, max loss : unlimited.  So confused. There has to be a point the stock goes to zero and it stops creating more loss?

And in honor of Ms Mavis...  

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 4:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]
BBIG up over 22% premarket boys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:16:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#16]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
BBIG up over 22% premarket boys.
View Quote

Ayup!  I’ve been watching it since pre-market opened, if pre-market sticks I can FINALLY sell calls on it and get a decent premium.  

It’s just been too shorty over the last 10-12 days to where I wanted to wait.  This week I was going to sell contracts regardless since something would be better than nothing.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#17]
$9 strike for oct 15 th probably. Let's see where she goes lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:25:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#18]
$9 strike for oxt 15 th probably. Let's see where she goes lol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210927-041839_thinkorswim_j-2107752.JPG
View Quote

I’m going to evaluate 10/8 against 10/15 to see what I want to do.  

If I think it’s gonna run over a longer timeframe maybe I’ll go with the 10/8 calls, but if the 10/15 are just too good I may go for those and wait for the dip if I don’t think it’s going to run away before then.

This stock is so weird there’s no knowing what’s going to happen though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Thinking about pulling out of the market.  Im afraid its going to keep dropping along with Chinas economy.  But if I do, sweet mavis will shoot up to $30 a share again.  

About to lose my job next month over the vaccine bullshit.  Most likely, anyways.
Not a fan of this shit.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:37:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By hitchhiker:
Thinking about pulling out of the market.  Im afraid its going to keep dropping along with Chinas economy.  But if I do, sweet mavis will shoot up to $30 a share again.  

About to lose my job next month over the vaccine bullshit.  Most likely, anyways.
Not a fan of this shit.  
View Quote

My answer to your first paragraph, it’ll come back.  Look what we saw when COVID first hit, and what people made when they bought in at that time.

Your second paragraph, I totally understand what you’re going through.  I hope to God my company is willing to let us do the weekly testing...IF the fucking Biden admin is even really going to allow OSHA to give companies that option.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:06:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hitchhiker] [#21]
Testing was supposed to be an option.  Then they changed their minds last thursday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:40:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#22]
We have some action, BBIG up 17%   It's up BBIGLY
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Testing was suppsed to be an option.  Then they changed their minds last thursday.
View Quote

I feel for you guys and do support your choice in the vax bs.

I just remember when we were kids, sometime around 1st grade they lined us all up an vaccinated us against something? Maybe Polio or Measles?
Mid/late 60s, very scary for a kid, some nurse with an air gun shooting it into your shoulder.

For Mrs. Total and myself, we help care for her 98 yo Grandmother so we just did it as soon as it was available. No real long term issues.
I hope you guys don't lose your job/lively-hood.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Not a fan of this shit.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Money printer go burrrr.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:27:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#27]
That NKLA too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#28]
C'mon BBIG, we need a home run here.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#29]

I'm okay with a bunch of singles.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Almost 8 Eastern, let's see if the Robinhood crew ate the FOMO?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

They trade at 9am ET, iirc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

They trade at 9am ET, iirc.
View Quote

Somebody turned on at 8 because BBIG bumped up over 7.60.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
We have some action, BBIG up 17%   It's up BBIGLY
View Quote

I sooo wanted to buy under $6 Friday, but before I first bought BBIG I promised myself I wouldn't buy more than 500 shares, and I already had 500 (at an average cost over $8, yuck)
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Man, I really should have held onto this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#35]
Looks like bbig is consolidating doing a pennant. Getting ready for next move.

Attachment Attached File

The one minute shows a better picture.  

Trying to get to resistance line.  Needs a little push.

Attachment Attached File

Just like when we went down. It hit the line a few times before it could break it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Dammit, you guys make it happen

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Damn, now NKLA is sucking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn, now NKLA is sucking.
View Quote

Hmmm.  I looked up 'sucking' in TDA's glossary of stock terms and could not find it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Not a fan of this shit.  
View Quote

Most really smart financial people I'm reading don't advocate getting out of the market.

I've said it before, but I'd be wary of buying ETFs that index the broader market.  There will still be money to be made but you'll have to do more DD.  I'm a big fan of Real Return or Absolute Return over Relative Return.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:48:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blupupher] [#41]
So what happened with BBIG last week?
Last I read my understanding was we had been waiting for the quarterlies to drop for almost a week and screw the shorts, turning into nice profit, but nothing like that has happened.

Was the report not what was expected, or some other screwing by the shorts to those hoping for a pop?

I had bought in initially at end of August for ~$6.50, sold at $10.20, and bought back in @ ~$9.60 with the expectation of another pop. I am now just holding it wondering what to do with it?
If I get out now, I would still be ahead by $100 or so.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Man I should have bought more rklb. They just got another contract.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:01:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 58Teague] [#43]
BBIG: Closed out the $8 oct 15 call I bought last week as it hit over %100 so I took profits.

Also sold one $9 call for same exp.

Wanted to sell the call today anyways for theta decay purposes, and this morning jump seemed right.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Most really smart financial people I'm reading don't advocate getting out of the market.

I've said it before, but I'd be wary of buying ETFs that index the broader market.  There will still be money to be made but you'll have to do more DD.  I'm a big fan of Real Return or Absolute Return over Relative Return.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Not a fan of this shit.  

Evergrande may be China's largest developer, but they are only 4% of the market, and that have collateral that covers most, if not all of their debt.  Media is overplaying the impact.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Dammit.
Interactive Borkers finally let me log in, after BBIG dropped from 7.3 to 7.07.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By blupupher:
So what happened with BBIG last week?
Last I read my understanding was we had been waiting for the quarterlies to drop for almost a week and screw the shorts, turning into nice profit, but nothing like that has happened.

Was the report not what was expected, or some other screwing by the shorts to those hoping for a pop?

I had bought in initially at end of August for ~$6.50, sold at $10.20, and bought back in @ ~$9.60 with the expectation of another pop. I am now just holding it wondering what to do with it?
If I get out now, I would still be ahead by $100 or so.
View Quote

I haven't heard anything except for the rumor of 267% float from some random internet guy. I guess a bunch of people bit and it jumped.

Wtf happened to dpls? Huge sell early.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#47]
FWIW, no options chain on RYCE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By m6z:
FWIW, no options chain on RYCE.
View Quote

Sure there is... just not American options and you need 2900 and some shares for a contract
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#49]
C'mon dpls!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I did sell 3 bbig Oct 1 $8 calls when the stock was around $7.20. I think they were 50 cents lol. I overslept and made haste to sell them when I first saw the price.
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top