BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jason Witten reported to ESPN he is retiring, again, will sign a 1 day contract with the Cowboos in March after his Raider contract officially ends (beginning of new league year) so he can retire a Cowboo.
View Quote

First ballot Hall of Famer.  Missed only one game his entire career and that was because of a broken jaw.

Jason Witten Picks Up First Down & A Cheerleader
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right?

There's already a huge social media reaction about how if this was a black athlete he would already be destroyed as well as calling for black players to fuck up this guys world for the rest of his career. Lots of push on him being white with a black girlfriend.

I have news for you folks, the dude was a 3rd stringer playing on league minimum and wasn't going to be back next season. Was likely destined for a practice squad. THAT is why it isn't headline news YET. Because no one knows who this fucking guy is.

If it was some high profile white guy it would have been known around the world in 20 minutes. Relax Dez. Fucking chill man. Don't need to play the race card and beat that dude's ass card the second you find out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I hope his next plan is not to do broadcasting.  He was a great TE.  He's not a very good broadcast personality.  Romo is the best ex-Cowboy broadcaster by a mile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jason Witten reported to ESPN he is retiring, again, will sign a 1 day contract with the Cowboos in March after his Raider contract officially ends (beginning of new league year) so he can retire a Cowboo.

I hope his next plan is not to do broadcasting.  He was a great TE.  He's not a very good broadcast personality.  Romo is the best ex-Cowboy broadcaster by a mile.

Romo is the best color commentator from ANY background by a mile.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17itN4PgjaM

My only question is how the fucking hell did Romo get that ball anywhere close to Witten while he was being fucking destroyed on his weak side? Ouch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Right?

There's already a huge social media reaction about how if this was a black athlete he would already be destroyed as well as calling for black players to fuck up this guys world for the rest of his career. Lots of push on him being white with a black girlfriend.

I have news for you folks, the dude was a 3rd stringer playing on league minimum and wasn't going to be back next season. Was likely destined for a practice squad. THAT is why it isn't headline news YET. Because no one knows who this fucking guy is.

If it was some high profile white guy it would have been known around the world in 20 minutes. Relax Dez. Fucking chill man. Don't need to play the race card and beat that dude's ass card the second you find out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right?

What!?!  A white no-name 3rd stringer isn't getting as much attention as a 3x Pro Bowler and Super Bowl winner!?!?!

RACISM!!! WHITE PRIVILEGE!!! REEEEE!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My only question is how the fucking hell did Romo get that ball anywhere close to Witten while he was being fucking destroyed on his weak side? Ouch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17itN4PgjaM

The whole game was like that.  

Hell, the majority of his career was like that.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There could be an argument that the Jets or Jags should trade for Stafford as a rental to help develop their new draft pick and to get their teams on track, then trade him off in a year or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure how many teams I'd expect to shop for him.

The teams I would expect to be OUT on his market based on existing rostered QBs are:
Bills
Cowboys
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Packers
Titans
Bucs
Falcons
Chiefs
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks

That's 13 teams.

The teams who seriously need QB help and are drafting outside the top 5 are:
Patriots
Giants
Eagles
WTF
Steelers
Bears
Colts
Saints
Broncos
49ers

That's 10 teams.

The 9 teams I haven't mentioned yet are:
Dolphins- Tua?
Jets - #2 overall draft pick
Lions - Duh
Vikings - Cousins may not be the answer, but moving to Stafford doesn't make sense.
Texans - Watson franchise drama.
Jags - #1 overall draft pick
Panthers - How do they feel about Teddy?
Raiders - Carr has questions, but I'm not sure Stafford makes sense here, either.
Rams - Stafford is better than Goff, but the contract situation doesn't work.

So who are the 12 teams that called so far? The 10 teams in my second list and two of the iffy teams in my last list? Or are there surprises?

Maybe not super likely, but the Jets or Jags could be calling just to see. They may for some reason conclude Stafford + whatever haul of picks they could get for their #1/#2 is a better option than a top QB in the draft. Unlikely, but worth the phone call to find out IMO. Plus a couple other of those iffy teams it makes sense to call.

There could be an argument that the Jets or Jags should trade for Stafford as a rental to help develop their new draft pick and to get their teams on track, then trade him off in a year or two.

That's an idea, but poor Stafford....

I was thinking more along the lines of the Jets specifically going "Hey, we've got the #2 pick and a young QB who is still on his rookie deal (who has possibly been hampered by Adam fuckin' Gase, but if he plays the same this year he's probably going to lose any hope of trade value). We also need help at more than just the quarterback position, maybe we look into turning what we already have into multiple pieces that could benefit us more."

What's your draft pick value chart say they should get for that #2 pick? What could they get for Darnold? What if Darnold was part of trading for Stafford? Maybe somebody like the Colts are willing to give up a decent haul of picks/players for that #2 spot. For the most part, the Colts really are just a QB away and while I don't think the Colts have crazy cap trouble, a QB rookie deal is going to allow them even more flexibility in resigning their players or bringing in FA's to replace the lost picks/players.

I can understand wanting to draft a young QB and take advantage of his rookie deal to put talent around him, but even with the cap room they have FA is going to eat that up pretty quick if they actually try to fill all the holes, and using their picks means it's going to take longer to complete the rebuild. The next best thing IMO is a solid veteran and load of ammo to put young talented players around him. Stafford probably has enough good years left to make it worthwhile. You know he's good, you know he can take advantage of the talent put around him, and you know he can also elevate some of the talent put around him. You can only hope your rookie QB does that, and they've just been through this with Darnold.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]

They're canning the STC before the DC? Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I took a peek.

31st in kick off return yard average
31st in punt return yard average
25th in TB%
24th in punt yard avg
30th in net punt yard avg
29th for total number of punts downed inside the 20

Outside of Mason Crosby it looks like their special teams were pretty shit. Much lower than their defensive rankings.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where have you been for the past month?  Didn't see you all those stats the Packers fans were posting hyping up their defense?  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Seems to me that puts the Chiefs at a disadvantage (however slight).

I mean there's a reason during the regular season when teams only have 6 days to prepare they still choose to still fly out on Friday for a Sunday game.
View Quote

Its what a 2.5 hour flight? Team Breakfast at arrowhead, fly , get in mid morning Saturday, lunch then walkthroughs. I think they will be fine, getting an additional goods night rest in KC is probably worth a ton.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Chargers RB Justin Jackson is all over GamesStop story

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

DC's contract expired this year.

I saw that Pettine and the organization have already had meetings on his future, no announcements yet though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]

I already have a couple white Brady Super Bowl jerseys... Bummer... Was hoping to add a new color to the collection.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, we have come a long ways, but what looked bad was really how things looked while achieving those stats, not necessarily the stats themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We've come a long way when a 4,000 yard, 3:1 (TD:INT) season is "bad looking"

But I get you. It was his 2nd lowest yardage total in the last 10 seasons, and his lowest TD total in 10 seasons, but was still good enough for a top half QB season last year.

Well, we have come a long ways, but what looked bad was really how things looked while achieving those stats, not necessarily the stats themselves.

+1

I watched 2019 Brady in New England. He was not himself. His numbers ended up being decent (don't ask me how), but he looked "off." After seeing how things turned out this year in NE, I'm going to say the optics were different in spite of him, not because of him. In other words: he had a lot less to work with.

Also, I said it last year and I'll say it again: had Antonio Brown not got himself kicked off the team, it's very possible that Brady would've won last year's Super Bowl. Remember, they were 8-0 at one point and had the league's #1 defense. Home field advantage and all that comes with it...and AB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

...and AB.
View Quote

And the real kick in the nuts for Steelers fans is knowing that it is guaranteed that either Le'Veon Bell or Antonio Brown will get a Super Bowl ring this year.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]

I've been seeing more and more smoke the last 48 hours or so indicating this is the guy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And the real kick in the nuts for Steelers fans is knowing that it is guaranteed that either Le'Veon Bell or Antonio Brown will get a Super Bowl ring this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and AB.

Never, ever underestimate AB's ability to get himself kicked off a football team for a seemingly nonsensical reason, at any time at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its what a 2.5 hour flight? Team Breakfast at arrowhead, fly , get in mid morning Saturday, lunch then walkthroughs. I think they will be fine, getting an additional goods night rest in KC is probably worth a ton.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to me that puts the Chiefs at a disadvantage (however slight).

I mean there's a reason during the regular season when teams only have 6 days to prepare they still choose to still fly out on Friday for a Sunday game.

If getting an additional good night's rest in their own beds is worth a ton then why do teams fly out on Friday for a Sunday game instead of flying out on Saturday?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Never, ever underestimate AB's ability to get himself kicked off a football team for a seemingly nonsensical reason, at any time at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and AB.

True, but he'd still get a ring though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've been seeing more and more smoke the last 48 hours or so indicating this is the guy.
View Quote

I had to google to see who the hell he even was.

He's 65 years old, has been coaching for over 4 decades and he's never been a HC at any level.  Hell, the only time in his career he was even a coordinator was in the late 80's when was the OC for Texas El Paso for two seasons.

The Texans seem to be really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Also does David Culley count as a minority?

Here he looks white:

Attachment Attached File

Here, I’m not so sure.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#23]

That probably depends on if he shoots a minority or if he is having success in something important to minorities.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's 65 years old, has been coaching for over 4 decades and he's never been a HC at any level.  Hell, the only time in his career he was even a coordinator was in the late 80's when was the OC for Texas El Paso for two seasons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other apparent leading candidate is Leslie Frazier.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Apparently this off season the Colts passed on trying to sign Brady and instead "focused their energy" on signing Rivers.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and AB.

If you looked at the two in a vacuum, you'd have to choose Bell.

All Bell wanted was a pay day. He got it, did some time in purgatory with a bad team, and now that bad team is paying him to play for a contender. Not bad.

AB screwed three different franchises, assaulted and stiffed/robbed a truck driver, and maybe raped a woman. There's no upside there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Apparently this off season the Colts passed on trying to sign Brady and instead "focused their energy" on signing Rivers.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/LDBuYzAwu8L4I/giphy.gif
View Quote

Were they ever really in the running for Brady?

I think the more likely alternative history would have been New England landing Stefon Diggs and Brady staying there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
In the same sentence the Packers announcer called Rodgers “A Rod” and then emphatically claimed the Rodger’s INT was actually caught by the WR and needed to be corrected by his partner.

Hard to say which part of the sentence made him sound worse.  Probably the “A Rod” part.

NFL Conference Championship Mic'd Up! | "There's a Ceremony? I'm New to This" | Game Day Access
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#29]
BetOnline.ag 5 hours ago:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

View Quote

Pretty shady or smart (depending on how you look at it) of Bet Online to not have the Lions up there.  If Stafford does stay with the Lions then they win every single bet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pretty shady or smart (depending on how you look at it) of Bet Online to not have the Lions up there.  If Stafford does stay with the Lions then they win every single bet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

The Lions are his current team. How can they be his next team?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

Everyone else (at least from what I seen) words it with something like what team he'll be on for week 1.  By having it be what his "next team" will be instead and not having the Lions on there they ensure that if Stafford stays with the Lions they win every single bet placed.

Unless of course they have a stated caveat like "must be on team other than the Lions for action."
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Everyone else (at least from what I seen) words it with something like what team he'll be on for week 1.  By having it be what his "next team" will be instead and not having the Lions on there they ensure that if Stafford stays with the Lions they win every single bet placed.

Unless of course they have a stated caveat like "must be on team other than the Lions for action."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

You're the gambler. Are bookies in the habit of using imprecise language?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

I don't see any "imprecise language."

But to answer your question: no.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

Neither do I. Seems to me they're giving odds to take bets on Stafford's next team.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Neither do I. Seems to me they're giving odds to take bets on Stafford's next team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

Which means if Stafford stays with the Lions they can easily claim every single one of the bets placed on other teams loses.  And since people can't bet on the Lions for this bet that would mean the book wins ALL of the bets.

Then again this is just a tweet.  Maybe they spell it out in detail on their site.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Which means if Stafford stays with the Lions they can easily claim every single one of the bets placed on other teams loses.  And since people can't bet on the Lions for this bet that would mean the book wins ALL of the bets.

Then again this is just a tweet.  Maybe they spell it out in detail on their site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

Like I said, you're the gambler. I wouldn't know. It would seem odd that they're refusing to take bets on what another bookie is offering as the 4th most likely spot, just so they can push all the bets if that's what happened.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Like I said, you're the gambler. I wouldn't know. It would seem odd that they're refusing to take bets on what another bookie is offering as the 4th most likely spot, just so they can push all the bets if that's what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

An offshore betting site thousands of miles away from almost all of the customers potentially doing something slightly shady?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

- A new GM that comes from an organization that hasn't drafted a Pro Bowler in 7 years.

- A 65 year old HC in his first gig after only having been a coordinator for two years in the 80's for a small college.

- No draft picks in the first two rounds.

- $18.3M OVER the 2021 cap.

- Coming off a 4-12 season despite having a top 10 QB play every game.

- A pissed off franchise QB that wants out.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#42]
The Ravens will be getting two 3rd rounds picks for the Texans hiring a minority coach off their staff
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The Ravens will be getting two 3rd rounds picks for the Texans hiring a minority coach off their staff
View Quote

Might have to be an Elizabeth Warren-type situation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

- A new GM that comes from an organization that hasn't drafted a Pro Bowler in 7 years.

- A 65 year old HC in his first gig after only having been a coordinator for two years in the 80's for a small college.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BitterMetallicCommongonolek-small.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BitterMetallicCommongonolek-small.gif

what a disaster. i'm assuming no one better would take the job. good luck texans fans. oof...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In the same sentence the Packers announcer called Rodgers “A Rod” and then emphatically claimed the Rodger’s INT was actually caught by the WR and needed to be corrected by his partner.

Hard to say which part of the sentence made him sound worse.  Probably the “A Rod” part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHq9jQ9O7nY
View Quote

We've done the A rod thing before. It's not an uncommon thing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odds Shark 11 hours ago:

If it's not imprecise language, what's the issue? If you think he'll be a Lion then don't bet with them

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHq9jQ9O7nY

You're right.  It's not uncommon to hear "A Rod."  It's just that for pretty much every sports fan that's not also a Packers' fan "A Rod" means Alex Rodriguez.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top