BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll answer your question. No, I am not drunk.

Will you answer my question now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take that as "yes."

would you two just ignore each other so we can avoid these annoying quote trees of you two purse swinging.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You can use whatever mental gymnastics and cherry picked stats you like to blame the Packers' defense for postseason failures, trash Brady, or whatever.  It's not going to change the fact that the following offensive production is NOT going to cut it in Conference Championships without an epic 4th quarter choke job from the other team:

15 points scored before a garbage time TD and 2 turnovers against a team with the #1 offense.

7 points scored heading into the 4th quarter and 3 turnovers against a team with the #2 offense.
View Quote

Another entirely made up statement.

I've already said Brady is the most accomplished player/QB in NFL history. I have ZERO problem saying that. Its beyond OBVIOUS. I even posted a chart with him listed as the 2nd best post season QB by EPA metrics in the last 20 years

Two things can be true at once. Brady is a great QB but he also has consistently played with great to elite defenses for a majority of his career.

Another set of two things can be true at the same time. Rodgers is a great QB but has not consistently played with great to elite defenses for a majority of his career.

If you want to shit on that, and make up some shit out of thin air then go ahead but otherwise "debating" intentionally dishonest people is a waste of time.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
would you two just ignore each other so we can avoid these annoying quote trees of you two purse swinging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take that as "yes."

If ignore actually meant a persons existence on this site simply vanished like it was never there this thread would be a lot shorter, and more enjoyable.

As it stands ignoring someone is more of a hassle and annoyance than an occasional flare up
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've already said Brady is the most accomplished player/QB in NFL history. I have ZERO problem saying that. Its beyond OBVIOUS. I even posted a chart with him listed as the 2nd best post season QB by EPA metrics in the last 20 years

Two things can be true at once. Brady is a great QB but he also has consistently played with great to elite defenses for a majority of his career.

Another set of two things can be true at the same time. Rodgers is a great QB but has not consistently played with great to elite defenses for a majority of his career.

If you want to shit on that, and make up some shit out of thin air then go ahead but otherwise "debating" intentionally dishonest people is a waste of time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can use whatever mental gymnastics and cherry picked stats you like to blame the Packers' defense for postseason failures, trash Brady, or whatever.  It's not going to change the fact that the following offensive production is NOT going to cut it in Conference Championships without an epic 4th quarter choke job from the other team:

15 points scored before a garbage time TD and 2 turnovers against a team with the #1 offense.

7 points scored heading into the 4th quarter and 3 turnovers against a team with the #2 offense.

An "entirely made up statement"?  You didn't blame the Packers' defense or trash Brady?  Either you have a shit memory or multiple people in this thread are hallucinating seeing the exact same thing.

You keep talking about how good Brady's defenses are in an attempt to diminish his accomplishments and make excuses for Rodgers while ignoring the fact that Rodgers and the Packers offense have played so shitty in big games that a marginally better defense still wouldn't have been enough to win without an epic 4th quarter choke job from the other team.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
By the way here are the regular season stats for the two defenses.

Bucs:

22.2 ppg

327.1 ypg

Packers:

23.1 ppg

334 ypg

It's not exactly like Brady had some huge advantage there.  Not to mention the Bucs were missing both their starting safeties.

Also, in the past month weren't Packers fans posting stats and talking up how good their defense is?  IIRC, at least one here was claiming the Packers had a better defense than the Bucs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

An "entirely made up statement"?  You didn't blame the Packers' defense or trash Brady?  Either you have a shit memory or multiple people in this thread are hallucinating seeing the exact same thing.

You keep talking about how good Brady's defenses are in an attempt to diminish his accomplishments and make excuses for Rodgers while ignoring the fact that Rodgers and the Packers offense have played so shitty in big games that a marginally better defense still wouldn't have been enough to win without an epic 4th quarter choke job from the other team.

View Quote

Another made up statement.

Is this a team sport or not? I didn't realize it was the New England Brady's all these years

He was so busy playing D/ST he must have been too tired to throw even a single TD in a SB win

Attachment Attached File

You also know I've said Rodgers needs to play better in these games on numerous occasions. I would go quote myself but I'm sure you'll just make up another made up bullshit statement to argue against something I didn't say
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate to jump into your private thread here fellas.
I'm a Vikes fan (sadly), and even I can say that Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever to play the game.
Maybe the best NFL player to ever play the game.

The man just wins.  He's a winner.

Anybody who thinks differently is letting their own personal bias into the equation.

Aaron Rodgers is probably much more physically talented than Brady.  As is Mahomes.
But Brady wants to win like his life depends on it.  You can't beat will.
View Quote

Glad to see you post! I think the consensus here is most agree with you...and bottom line is Brady gets it done when it counts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I love how all the sports shows are talking about how a 7th SB win would "cement" Brady's legacy.

LOL. Yeah it really needs to be cemented. At this point he's just making the rubble bounce.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love how all the sports shows are talking about how a 7th SB win would "cement" Brady's legacy.

LOL. Yeah it really needs to be cemented. At this point he's just making the rubble bounce.
View Quote

Its like an extra ice cream topping on the 6 toppings you already have.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That Jimmy Garoppolo situation is crazy when you think about it.

Guy had a grand total of TWO starts before the 49ers traded a 2nd round pick for him and then gave him a 5 year/$137M deal with $74M guaranteed.

What's more is: most "experts," IIRC, thought it was a great decision.
View Quote

It was a bargain. The guy has twice as many rings as Rodgers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That Jimmy Garoppolo situation is crazy when you think about it.

Guy had a grand total of TWO starts before the 49ers traded a 2nd round pick for him and then gave him a 5 year/$137M deal with $74M guaranteed.

What's more is: most "experts," IIRC, thought it was a great decision.

Wentz has one more ring than Marino.

The science is settled.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
From week 8 until week 12 (vs the Chiefs) Brady had the longest streak of deep passes go incomplete since 2017. Since week 13 he leads the NFL in deep attempts, completions, yards and touchdowns.

Here are the top 7 cap hits for 2021, and there is a CRAZY amount of uncertainty in this list:
1: Ben Roethlisberger $41.25M
2: Matt Ryan $40.91M
3: Aaron Rodgers $37.57M
4: Drew Brees $36.15M
5: Carson Wentz $34.67M
6: Jared Goff $34.63M
7: Mathew Stafford $33M

Bucs GM Jason Licht says Gronk has done just as much for the locker room as Brady. "If you're having a bad day, I suggest spending a little time with Gronk. He just lifts you up."

Bucs GM Jason Licht was actually a scout for the Patriots in 2000 when Tom Brady was drafted, says that they didn't need a QB at the time, but they had Brady much higher on the board and were discussing drafting him as early as the 3rd round.

NFL bringing in the Biden inauguration poet Amanda Gorman to recite a poem before the Super Bowl about first responders, teachers and veterans and their work during the Covid pandemic. Remember the NFL is bringing a few thousand medical personnel to the game for free.

If the Bucs win the Super Bowl, Arians will become the oldest head coach to win (68 years). He is already the oldest to get his first head coaching job.

Could be fun in the SB. Most 20+ yard TDs since 2016:
1. Tyreek Hill 29
2. Antonio Brown 26 (and he missed 26 games over that span, fucking crazy)
3. Mike Evans 20

Cris Carter on Pat McAfee show accused King of underestimating Scotty Miller on the 1st half ending touchdown pass because he was white. Said if he was covering Antonio Brown he would have been deeper/backed off. "Never disrespect the talent level of anyone in the NFL."
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is this a team sport or not? I didn't realize it was the New England Brady's all these years

He was so busy playing D/ST he must have been too tired to throw even a single TD in a SB win

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_1_16_44_AM_png-1798799.JPG

You also know I've said Rodgers needs to play better in these games on numerous occasions. I would go quote myself but I'm sure you'll just make up another made up bullshit statement to argue against something I didn't say
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_1_16_44_AM_png-1798799.JPG

I'll ask again: you said that was an "entirely made up statement." So you didn't blame the Packers' defense or trash Brady?  Either you have a shit memory or multiple people in this thread are hallucinating seeing the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Smells like a franchise dmg control move to me, with all the issues the WFT has had with both women and race... But she certainly sounds qualified as well, so good for her.

Washington Football Team hires league's first full time black female coach. Jennifer King, interned with the Panthers in 2018 (also under Rivera), and Washington in 2020, signed on to be the full time assistant running back coach. She becomes the 2nd full time female coach in the NFL.

She is a seven time All-American quarterback and wide receiver from the Carolina Phoenix in the Women's Football Alliance. She played 13 seasons in the league at 4 different positions. Has a degree in sports management, played basketball for 4 years in college. She was a head coach for the Johnson & Wales University women's basketball team in North Carolina and led them to a USCAA D2 national championship. She spent 10 years as an assistant coach while playing in the WFA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Cement his legacy" isn't the phrase I would use, but I can KIND OF see where they are coming from considering a lot of people (probably some of the same people saying the "cement" thing) claimed that Brady needed Belichick, Belichick was more important to the Patriots' success, Brady needed Belichick more than Belichick needed him, etc.

If a 43 year old Brady were to win another ring in his very first season with another team as a Wild Card beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes to do it I think it would blow that argument out of the water.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Betting odds just changed for Stafford to the 49ers. Sources reporting multiple conversations were had and it is "looking positive".
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm starting to think Rodgers losing his 4th NFC Championship game in a row (this time against a 43 year old Brady no less) caused him some kind of mental breakdown. Well, he can always cherish the memory of the one he won over a decade ago in which he had a passer rating of 55.4 and scored 21 points beating a team reduced to playing a 3rd string QB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Smells like a franchise dmg control move to me, with all the issues the WFT has had with both women and race... But she certainly sounds qualified as well, so good for her.

Washington Football Team hires league's first full time black female coach. Jennifer King, interned with the Panthers in 2018 (also under Rivera), and Washington in 2020, signed on to be the full time assistant running back coach. She becomes the 2nd full time female coach in the NFL.

She is a seven time All-American quarterback and wide receiver from the Carolina Phoenix in the Women's Football Alliance. She played 13 seasons in the league at 4 different positions. Has a degree in sports management, played basketball for 4 years in college. She was a head coach for the Johnson & Wales University women's basketball team in North Carolina and led them to a USCAA D2 national championship. She spent 10 years as an assistant coach while playing in the WFA.
View Quote

They’ve gone out of their way to make sure minorities have high level jobs the past year.

I’m not sure if they’ve picked the best people for the jobs or like you said they’re trying to do major damage control for everything that’s transpired over the past couple years.

I’m just happy the team took a step in the right direction last season and hope that continues.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Project fix wentz is underway.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"Cement his legacy" isn't the phrase I would use, but I can KIND OF see where they are coming from considering a lot of people (probably some of the same people saying the "cement" thing) claimed that Brady needed Belichick, Belichick was more important to the Patriots' success, Brady needed Belichick more than Belichick needed him, etc.

If a 43 year old Brady were to win another ring in his very first season with another team as a Wild Card beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes to do it I think it would blow that argument out of the water.
View Quote

I think you're right that the importance of this 7th ring would be proving it wasn't just the NE culture that developed a dynasty. Doing this at 43 is mind blowing regardless.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bill's team watched the playoffs from their couches while Brady led his team to the Super Bowl. Even if he loses, he's already proven it.

Brady is a huge reason why Bill has six rings on his finger, not necessarily the other way around.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Betting odds just changed for Stafford to the 49ers. Sources reporting multiple conversations were had and it is "looking positive".
View Quote

Detroit is going to fall apart so quickly.  

The 9ers are going to be really goddamn good next year if this plays out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Another crazy Tom Brady stat:

Number of years played in the NFC as a starter:

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers combined = 31 (29 w/ Packers)

Tom Brady = 1

Number of NFC Championship games won in Lambeau:

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers combined = 1

Tom Brady = 1

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Did I fucking miss anyone bringing up Chad Wheeler? Holy hell.

Chad Wheeler, former Giant, current Seahawk, about to be a free agent, arrested Monday night for felony domestic violence. Victim called 911, locked herself in the bathroom, dislocated arm, bleeding, said he was killing her.

When police arrived they could hear screaming from inside, forced their way in. Found Wheeler standing over her in the bathroom. Wheeler was uncooperative before being detained. Refused to speak to officers. Reportedly has medication for bi-polar disorder but had not taken it of late.

Incident began when he demanded she bow to him, and when she didn't he grabbed her by the neck and threw her on the bed and strangled her to unconsciousness. When she woke up Wheeler was reportedly standing over her and said, "Wow, you're alive?". She then ran into the bathroom.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think you're right that the importance of this 7th ring would be proving it wasn't just the NE culture that developed a dynasty. Doing it at 43 is mind blowing regardless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're right that the importance of this 7th ring would be proving it wasn't just the NE culture that developed a dynasty. Doing it at 43 is mind blowing regardless.

Also this isn't like Manning at 39 where he was statistically the worst QB in the NFL and his elite defense carried his decrepit ass across the finish line.

At 43 years old Brady is still a good QB.  Top 3 in TD's and yards.  Top 10 in passer rating and QBR.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm starting to think Rodgers losing his 4th NFC Championship game in a row (this time against a 43 year old Brady no less) caused him some kind of mental breakdown. Well, he can always cherish the memory of the one he won over a decade ago in which he had a passer rating of 55.4 and scored 21 points beating a team reduced to playing a 3rd string QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which is worse from a mental anguish standpoint; losing 4 NFC championships in a row or losing 4 Superbowls in a row like Jim Kelly?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did I fucking miss anyone bringing up Chad Wheeler? Holy hell.

Chad Wheeler, former Giant, current Seahawk, about to be a free agent, arrested Monday night for felony domestic violence. Victim called 911, locked herself in the bathroom, dislocated arm, bleeding, said he was killing her.

When police arrived they could hear screaming from inside, forced their way in. Found Wheeler standing over her in the bathroom. Wheeler was uncooperative before being detained. Refused to speak to officers. Reportedly has medication for bi-polar disorder but had not taken it of late.

Incident began when he demanded she bow to him, and when she didn't he grabbed her by the neck and threw her on the bed and strangled her to unconsciousness. When she woke up Wheeler was reportedly standing over her and said, "Wow, you're alive?". She then ran into the bathroom.
View Quote

Fuck him.

He isn't a big name starter so he'll likely actually get punished
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Which is worse from a mental anguish standpoint; losing 4 NFC championships in a row or losing 4 Superbowls in a row like Jim Kelly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're talking about which is worse from a player's perspective: Rodgers.

If you're talking about which is worse from a fan's perspective: Kelly.

Fun fact: during those back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl loss seasons the Bills won more total games than any other team.  They straight up dominated the AFC.

They also almost beat the Giants too.  The Cowboys and Redskins ..... not so much.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of the Bills: I HIGHLY recommend the 30 for 30 Four Falls of Buffalo.

By that 4th Super Bowl the Bills were simply fucked in the head.  I remember Aikman talking about how the set up for Super Bowl XXVIII had the teams walking down the same tunnel to their locker rooms at halftime.  The Bills were winning 13-6, but Aikman said the Bills players looked totally dejected as if they were getting blown out.  Sure enough the Cowboys scored 24 points in the second half, the Bills scored none, and the Bills lost their 4th Super Bowl in a row 30-13.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Detroit is going to fall apart so quickly.  

The 9ers are going to be really goddamn good next year if this plays out.
View Quote

No kidding. Jerry Rice talking about "Ferraris"  like Watson when the SOLE weak point in the Superbowl was Garoppolo.  You don't have to have a generational QB to succeed, especially when you have so many weapons available and a defense that when healthy is at the top of the league.

TAKE STAFFORD.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Ian Rapoport reporting that 1/3rd of the league has called Detroit about Stafford.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Also this isn't like Manning at 39 where he was statistically the worst QB in the NFL and his elite defense carried his decrepit ass across the finish line.

At 43 years old Brady is still a good QB.  Top 3 in TD's and yards.  Top 10 in passer rating and QBR.
View Quote

That is the reason I edited the post to say "Doing THIS at 43 is mind blowing regardless." IMO, even if he loses the SB his level of play at 43 is much higher than I would expect, especially after a bad looking year in NE. You can't even say it's all on the weapons either, as I'm talking more about stuff that is under his control not theirs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ian Rapoport reporting that 1/3rd of the league has called Detroit about Stafford.
View Quote

That's it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That is the reason I edited the post to say "Doing THIS at 43 is mind blowing regardless." IMO, even if he loses the SB his level of play at 43 is much higher than I would expect, especially after a bad looking year in NE. You can't even say it's all on the weapons either, as I'm talking more about stuff that is under his control not theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've come a long way when a 4,000 yard, 3:1 (TD:INT) season is "bad looking"

But I get you. It was his 2nd lowest yardage total in the last 10 seasons, and his lowest TD total in 10 seasons, but was still good enough for a top half QB season last year.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I heard an observation that I didn't even really consider.  After his 4th straight Conference Championship loss Rodgers looked across the field to see a fellow future Hall of Famer 6 years older than him celebrating a Conference Championship in his first season with a new team after leaving the team he had played with his entire career.  

Then, less than an hour later, Rodgers is making vague comments about his future.

Of course the situations are not exactly the same, but I think the idea that Rodgers might want a change of scenery is not as far fetched a notion as some Packers fans might want to believe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Interesting opinion from Shannon on Undisputed regarding the Super Bowl that I hadn't thought of.

In a normal Super Bowl, both teams have to travel, they have to contend with all the media, sleeping in a new place, training in a new place, players going out and partying, blah blah blah.

This year it is the first ever home Super Bowl, however, due to Covid, there is zero home team advantage for Tampa. Everything has been cancelled. The Chiefs aren't going down until the day before the Super Bowl. So they don't have to practice in a new facility, sleep in a new place, deal with the media, worry about guys out partying.

So Tampa's potential advantage of sleeping at home and training in their own facility during the entire lead up is gone.

Edit: And fans don't matter since the seating is super limited and the Super Bowl is usually divided anyways.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Seahawks just released their official statement on the Wheeler story I posted above. Isn't much of a statement, one sentence saying they are sad and condemn the act. The rest is talking about places people can get help with DV or mental health issues.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Interesting opinion from Shannon on Undisputed regarding the Super Bowl that I hadn't thought of.

In a normal Super Bowl, both teams have to travel, they have to contend with all the media, sleeping in a new place, training in a new place, players going out and partying, blah blah blah.

This year it is the first ever home Super Bowl, however, due to Covid, there is zero home team advantage for Tampa. Everything has been cancelled. The Chiefs aren't going down until the day before the Super Bowl. So they don't have to practice in a new facility, sleep in a new place, deal with the media, worry about guys out partying.

So Tampa's potential advantage of sleeping at home and training in their own facility during the entire lead up is gone.

Edit: And fans don't matter since the seating is super limited and the Super Bowl is usually divided anyways.
View Quote

That seems odd.  A couple of days before I would get, but the day before?  Are they making the Chiefs travel the day before the Super Bowl or they Chiefs choosing to do that?

During the regular season teams don't even do that.  For an away game on Sunday that requires flying to get to they almost always fly out on Friday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That seems odd.  A couple of days before I would get, but the day before?  Are they making the Chiefs travel the day before the Super Bowl or they Chiefs choosing to do that?

During the regular season teams don't even do that.  For an away game on Sunday that requires flying to get to they almost always fly out on Friday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrug

Shannon and Skip said the Chiefs were flying in Saturday morning. I am assuming it is maximizing their bubble for the Super Bowl. Only 1 night on the road/hotel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

/shrug

Shannon and Skip said the Chiefs were flying in Saturday morning. I am assuming it is maximizing their bubble for the Super Bowl. Only 1 night on the road/hotel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrug

Seems to me that puts the Chiefs at a disadvantage (however slight).

I mean there's a reason during the regular season when teams only have 6 days to prepare they still choose to still fly out on Friday for a Sunday game.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it?

I'm not sure how many teams I'd expect to shop for him.

The teams I would expect to be OUT on his market based on existing rostered QBs are:
Bills
Cowboys
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Packers
Titans
Bucs
Falcons
Chiefs
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks

That's 13 teams.

The teams who seriously need QB help and are drafting outside the top 5 are:
Patriots
Giants
Eagles
WTF
Steelers
Bears
Colts
Saints
Broncos
49ers

That's 10 teams.

The 9 teams I haven't mentioned yet are:
Dolphins- Tua?
Jets - #2 overall draft pick
Lions - Duh
Vikings - Cousins may not be the answer, but moving to Stafford doesn't make sense.
Texans - Watson franchise drama.
Jags - #1 overall draft pick
Panthers - How do they feel about Teddy?
Raiders - Carr has questions, but I'm not sure Stafford makes sense here, either.
Rams - Stafford is better than Goff, but the contract situation doesn't work.

So who are the 12 teams that called so far? The 10 teams in my second list and two of the iffy teams in my last list? Or are there surprises?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We've come a long way when a 4,000 yard, 3:1 (TD:INT) season is "bad looking"

But I get you. It was his 2nd lowest yardage total in the last 10 seasons, and his lowest TD total in 10 seasons, but was still good enough for a top half QB season last year.
View Quote

Well, we have come a long ways, but what looked bad was really how things looked while achieving those stats, not necessarily the stats themselves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The teams I would expect to be OUT on his market based on existing rostered QBs are:
Bills
Cowboys
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Packers
Titans
Bucs
Falcons
Chiefs
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks

That's 13 teams.

Patriots
Giants
Eagles
WTF
Steelers
Bears
Colts
Saints
Broncos
49ers

That's 10 teams.

Dolphins- Tua?
Lions - Duh
Vikings - Cousins may not be the answer, but moving to Stafford doesn't make sense.
Raiders - Carr has questions, but I'm not sure Stafford makes sense here, either.

So who are the 12 teams that called so far? The 10 teams in my second list and two of the iffy teams in my last list? Or are there surprises?

View Quote

Maybe not super likely, but the Jets or Jags could be calling just to see. They may for some reason conclude Stafford + whatever haul of picks they could get for their #1/#2 is a better option than a top QB in the draft. Unlikely, but worth the phone call to find out IMO. Plus a couple other of those iffy teams it makes sense to call.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Peyton Manning says Tom Brady has earned the right to play in the Super Bowl at home and he doesn't believe Tom will retire whether he wins or loses. Thinks he is having a lot of fun in Tampa and could see him playing for even a "few" more years.

Edit: Gave Tom credit for sticking to an insane life regimen (my words but you know what we're talking about) that has kept him so healthy and going so long.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe not super likely, but the Jets or Jags could be calling just to see. They may for some reason conclude Stafford + whatever haul of picks they could get for their #1/#2 is a better option than a top QB in the draft. Unlikely, but worth the phone call to find out IMO. Plus a couple other of those iffy teams it makes sense to call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bills
Cowboys
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Packers
Titans
Bucs
Falcons
Chiefs
Chargers
Cardinals
Seahawks

That's 13 teams.

Patriots
Giants
Eagles
WTF
Steelers
Bears
Colts
Saints
Broncos
49ers

That's 10 teams.

Dolphins- Tua?
Lions - Duh

There could be an argument that the Jets or Jags should trade for Stafford as a rental to help develop their new draft pick and to get their teams on track, then trade him off in a year or two.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Jason Witten reported to ESPN he is retiring, again, will sign a 1 day contract with the Cowboos in March after his Raider contract officially ends (beginning of new league year) so he can retire a Cowboo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jason Witten reported to ESPN he is retiring, again, will sign a 1 day contract with the Cowboos in March after his Raider contract officially ends (beginning of new league year) so he can retire a Cowboo.
View Quote

I hope his next plan is not to do broadcasting.  He was a great TE.  He's not a very good broadcast personality.  Romo is the best ex-Cowboy broadcaster by a mile.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top