Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OMG. Thank you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's hard to disagree with the sentiment when Brady, in his first season with a new team at age 43, has as many NFC Championship wins as Rodgers has in his entire career.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

speaking of retarded analysts with shitty takes, do you ever check out Rob Parker's takes on Brady?

he calls him the LOAT, luckiest of all time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephen A ranting about LaFleur's field goal

speaking of retarded analysts with shitty takes, do you ever check out Rob Parker's takes on Brady?

I'd rather have 20 years of Tom Brady's luck then be good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephen A ranting about LaFleur's field goal

Of ALL the NFL "analysts" I have ever seen in my entire life he might be the worst.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
This was the Chiefs first victory by more than 6 points since week 8 vs the Jets.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup.  KC was very physical all game and the Bills lost their cool at the end. KC threw a fucking punch early that was ignored.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So through all of that they ignore the late hit that started it all in the first place

Yup.  KC was very physical all game and the Bills lost their cool at the end. KC threw a fucking punch early that was ignored.

The 1st chiefs guy (sorry don't follow them enough to know names by jersey #) gave up because it was whistled dead. The 2nd guy came in and laid a late hit on Allen which is why Allen threw the ball at him.

Everything got flagged but the late hit

I'm not so sure that should have been whistled dead in the first place but have to love NFL officiating even after they "review the whole play"

Allen is a big boy and wasn't down or when the 1st whistle blew at risk of being injured
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Speaking of that decision though:

1st and goal from the 8 = Rodgers throws an incompletion

2nd and goal from the 8 = Rodgers throws an incompletion

3rd and goal from the 8 = Rodgers throws an incompletion

I'm not saying it was the right call to kick it, but its hard for me to blame him too much for thinking 4th and goal from the 8 wouldn't be any different.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All across Buffalo there are woman getting beat by drunken Bills fans.
View Quote

probably not. but TVs are being thrown. Meanwhile I' having a mental breakdown. enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
First Super Bowl which has the winning QBs of the two previous Super Bowls.
Seventh Super Bowl in which both QBs had already won a Super Bowl.
First regular season rematch in the Super Bowl since 2012.
Largest age gap between Super Bowl QBs. Breaking the Brady/Goff from two years back.
Patrick Mahomes has joined Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson as the only QBs to reach the Super Bowl twice in their first 4 NFL seasons.
Mahomes will have to beat Brady to join him as the only QBs to win it twice in that span.
With a loss, Tom Brady would hold the records for most Super Bowl wins AND Super Bowl losses, tying Jim Kelly.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I dunno.  Seems to me the Seattle one is still worse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
And just for fun... Thanks Max. And I love that ESPN themselves made and hosted this.

The Best of Max Kellerman''s Tom Brady ''Cliff Theory'' | First Take

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Largest age gap between Super Bowl QBs. Breaking the Brady/Goff from two years back.
Patrick Mahomes has joined Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson as the only QBs to reach the Super Bowl twice in their first 4 NFL seasons.
Mahomes will have to beat Brady to join him as the only QBs to win it twice in that span.
With a loss, Tom Brady would hold the records for most Super Bowl wins AND Super Bowl losses, tying Jim Kelly.

View Quote

Hope he gets sacked and breaks a knee. Fuck brady. he still wont have four consecutive super bowls.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Last year was an easier one to take, they were just blown out by the 49ers, never had a chance.
This one is rough, Bucs were up big early, they fight back, and then just petered out. Didn't even take a chance for it in the end.

But unquestionably, Seattle was way worse. WAY worse. Up by 12 with about 2 minutes left, and you have to kick a last second field goal just to bring it back to a tie, then get driven all over in overtime to end it. Meanwhile you kicked FIVE field goals because you could never punch it in all game long. And had that shit onside kick disaster we covered earlier.

This isn't even a question.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hope he gets sacked and breaks a knee. Fuck brady. he still wont have four consecutive super bowls.
View Quote
Slow down on the drinking. Like most Bills fans you're a mean drunk

At least he won't tie Jim Kelley with 4 straight superbowl losses.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5th Super Bowl in 7 seasons.
If he wins, he would have won every other Super Bowl for 7 years (14, 16, 18, 20).

You didn't want to see the Bills lose another Super Bowl, and to BRADY, anyways. Bills worse nightmare. Brady leaves the Patriots, Bills go to Super Bowl, lose to Brady.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

lol and it's off to a typical arfcom start

sometimes i think it's almost easier to talk about the big game in this thread with all us regulars.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]
When Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl, Patrick Mahomes was 6 years old. Now, they're facing each other in Super Bowl 55.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

sometimes i think it's almost easier to talk about the big game in this thread with all us regulars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We have a Super Bowl thread every season.

Plus, admittedly, I do get somewhat of a kick out of seeing people choose to click on a thread they claim to have no interest in so they can bitch to strangers on the internet that they have no interest in it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Plus, admittedly, I do get somewhat of a kick out of seeing people choose to click on a thread they claim to have no interest in so they can bitch to strangers on the internet that they have no interest in it.
View Quote

you're right and it drives me crazy flipping from thread to thread seeing who's posting what in which

god this place is hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Slow down on the drinking. Like most Bills fans you're a mean drunk

At least he won't tie Jim Kelley with 4 straight superbowl losses.
View Quote

I stopped drinking at the start of the 4th. I'm pissed because this is the last straw in a long line of shot in my life that no one fucking cares about
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#21]
also, can anyone think of a QB having to go up against the game's greats in a single post season like brady did?

he had to beat Heineke , Brees, Rodgers, and now face Mahomes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

5th Super Bowl in 7 seasons.
If he wins, he would have won every other Super Bowl for 7 years (14, 16, 18, 20).

You didn't want to see the Bills lose another Super Bowl, and to BRADY, anyways. Bills worse nightmare. Brady leaves the Patriots, Bills go to Super Bowl, lose to Brady.
View Quote

We would have sacked him and made him cry like the pretentious pussy he is
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I stopped drinking at the start of the 4th. I'm pissed because this is the last straw in a long line of shot in my life that no one fucking cares about
View Quote

if no one loves you, know your arfcom nfl internet friends love you...

hell, you may even get a Rural Best Friend, or RBF out of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Okay, I'm done fucking with you. You're losing it and I don't want the guilt

You take football to seriously.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#25]
In 2005, a VERY young Pat Mahomes picked the Andy Reid led Eagles to beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. Now he is playing for Andy Reid against Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

Tom, always have a chip on your shoulder, Brady:

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically trolling?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol a hater is being a bitch, imagine that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol a hater is being a bitch, imagine that.
View Quote
it's just his Jills Mafia b.s. coming out.

I think I found the Bills team bus.
Garbage Truck Bursts Into Flames

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Edit: Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:30:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ive posted before but I think Mahomes is the guy to beat Rodgers in pure talent, and Mahomes has the team around him to make use of it.

The Packers were so inept at one point Rodgers was the leading rusher on the team in both yards and TD's.

We played a UDFA against Julio Jones in his prime in an NFCCG.

During Rodgers prime Fat Mike stuck by Dom Capers despite multiple years of bottom 10 defenses.

At another point they were the highest paid WR corps in the NFL while also being the slowest group by 40 times.

He has still not thrown a pass to a 1st round WR.

Our 1st round draft pick wasn't active for a single game. Our 2nd round pick got garbage time or limited snaps.

I've posted multiple times if it wasn't for Rodgers the Packers would be a bottom 10 team. Better with MLF and Gute but they made obvious errors too believing they could take risks and rely on Rodgers to bail them out. Insert a random NFL QB over the last 10 years on this team and the NFCN or NFC in general would look a lot different.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So basically trolling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically trolling?

Yes, starting my 3rd (or whatever) Super Bowl thread is trolling.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:39:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based on your comments yes trolling seems pretty obvious

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-24_at_11_37_04_PM_pn-1795784.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-24_at_11_36_17_PM_pn-1795785.JPG

Nope.  A Super Bowl thread gets started every year.  Just because the GD denizens hate the NFL more than usual this season doesn't make starting a Super Bowl thread "trolling."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Mahomes tonight:

29/38 (76%)
3 TDs
0 INT
95.8 QBR
+0.57 EPA/play
23.3 Total EPA

And the weird part?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nope.  A Super Bowl thread gets started every year.  Just because the GD denizens hate the NFL more than usual this season doesn't make starting a Super Bowl thread "trolling."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-24_at_11_37_04_PM_pn-1795784.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/Screen_Shot_2021-01-24_at_11_36_17_PM_pn-1795785.JPG

It does when your stated intent is to illicit negative responses and then post a popcorn cartman gif enjoying said negative responses.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Seattle was worse. They had that game in the bag and let it slip with butterfingers.

Here they traded blows, got kicked in the teeth, things started looking ugly, and then they fought their way back into it being a competitive game. Mistakes were made & they came up short, but there is no shame in this teams heart.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mahomes tonight:

29/38 (76%)
3 TDs
0 INT
95.8 QBR
+0.57 EPA/play
23.3 Total EPA

And the weird part?

View Quote

Despite the MVP runoff glad to see him doing well.

The hard part is keeping it going for the next decade as you've seen our struggles to keep talent up around the star.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
also, can anyone think of a QB having to go up against the game's greats in a single post season like brady did?

View Quote

That is a pretty crazy gauntlet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It does when your stated intent is to illicit negative responses and then post a popcorn cartman gift enjoying said negative responses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does when your stated intent is to illicit negative responses and then post a popcorn cartman gift enjoying said negative responses.

This is where your butthurtness over the Packers losing has taken you: bitching that me starting my 3rd or 4th Super Bowl thread is "trolling."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes combine for 3 Super Bowl Championships, 3 Super Bowl MVPs, 4 NFL MVPs, 5 NFL OPOTYs, 25 Pro Bowls, 4 1st team All Pros and 336 career wins.

To face that back to back to back... Crazy.

But on the other hand, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes have to face 6 Super Bowl Championships, 4 Super Bowl MVPs, 3 NFL MVPs, 2 NFL OPOTYs, 14 Pro Bowls, 3 1st team All Pros and 230 career wins in just Brady by himself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:12:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Seattle was worse. They had that game in the bag and let it slip with butterfingers.

Here they traded blows, got kicked in the teeth, things started looking ugly, and then they fought their way back into it being a competitive game. Mistakes were made & they came up short, but there is no shame in this teams heart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From what I've seen I don't know why everyone seems to be blaming the defense.  Yeah, they didn't play well, but they also picked off Brady 3 times that their offense then turned into a grand total of 6 points. Hell, 2 of those INTs the defense got were in the 4th quarter and the Packers' offense went 3 and out both times.   Seems like there is enough blame to go around.

Special teams did their job though.  From what I can recall anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

All on the road so far too.

What's crazy is Heinicke was 3.4 points away from having the highest QBR of all of Brady's opponents so far.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

From what I've seen I don't know why everyone seems to be blaming the defense.  Yeah, they didn't play well, but they also picked off Brady 3 times that their offense then turned into a grand total of 6 points. Hell, 2 of those INTs the defense got were in the 4th quarter and the Packers' offense went 3 and out both times.   Seems like there is enough blame to go around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did the Cowboys do in the NFCCG this year?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes combine for 3 Super Bowl Championships, 3 Super Bowl MVPs, 4 NFL MVPs, 5 NFL OPOTYs, 25 Pro Bowls, 4 1st team All Pros and 336 career wins.

But on the other hand, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes have to face 6 Super Bowl Championships, 4 Super Bowl MVPs, 3 NFL MVPs, 2 NFL OPOTYs, 14 Pro Bowls, 3 1st team All Pros and 230 career wins in just Brady by himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Brees aspect of it looks much better on paper though.

That guy should probably just call it a career.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#47]

So says the most prolific Cowboys and shit poster by far in the thread

You and Troy can reminisce about that 1995 NFCCG good ole days and how much everyone else sucks
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In 2005, a VERY young Pat Mahomes picked the Andy Reid led Eagles to beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. Now he is playing for Andy Reid against Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.

https://i.imgur.com/W5iZyuW.png

Tom, always have a chip on your shoulder, Brady:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Esi9Oi9UUAA4n-Q?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I'm not even a basketball fan and I enjoyed what I saw of that.

It was kinda funny how Jordan would just make shit up people said to/about him to motivate himself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You and Troy can reminisce about that 1995 NFCCG good ole days and how much everyone else sucks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If it makes you feel better about the Packers blowing it yet again to trash a team that has one less Super Bowl appearance this century than your team does despite back-to-back Hall of Fame QBs, then have at it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top