User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How many belly bombers can you eat?  
Those crinkle fries

Crave case
https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/1431825/size/tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20.jpg
View Quote
One day I'll try White Castle. They're around here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Fun fact,  White Castles is actually open when the sun is up.    Contrary to popular belief, they open before 1 AM.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fun fact,  White Castles is actually open when the sun is up.    Contrary to popular belief, they open before 1 AM.
View Quote
They actually have a really good breakfast selection as well.

And probably the best fast food coffee in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ten or twelve.  But I gotta space them bitches out over the course of an evening.  I used to get white castle once a year or so, but it's probably been 5 years since I've had it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
White Castle fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ate one back in 1994. Never again. Greasy gristle burger. Nasty
View Quote
The burgers are thin and steamed. Produces almost no grease using that method.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#7]
When I'm really hungry I can eat 10.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I'm really hungry I can eat 10.
View Quote
I’m telling ya, the doubles are where it’s at. They have their own hot sauce that goes great with them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Love the jalapeno cheeseburgers, but I, and everyone in my vicinity pay a heavy price if I eat them. If you are in the car with me and I go through a Whitecastle drivethru and order a bunch of jalapeno burgers, it means I'm mad at you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
we only get the frozen ones up here..
View Quote
Here too.  We used to have several WC locations and then they all vanished like a fart in the wind.  I emailed the company years ago, asking if they were planning to come back at some point and they said no, not at that time.  Used to get 6 and fries and a drink.  Now I get a box of 6 at the store and will microwave a couple now and then for a snack.  Might contact them again to see if plans have changed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It really is a foul little burger with an amazing ability to make everyone who consumes them to be on the same horrid cycle. A few years back me and the guys took a road trip up to Knob Creek and dined extensively on them. The aftermath on the 10+ hour car ride home was of biblical proportions to say the least. The little bastards made all of us smell the same and there was no way to identify the ass from which each breathtaking stench came. Eating Waffle House for breakfast on two occasions certainly didn’t help matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother, who drank to excess for many years and basically just didn’t treat his body like he cared about it at all, would stink up the house whenever he would make these things in the microwave. It smelled horrid.

I can’t imagine the disaster that would follow in the bathroom. I get that you generally tolerate your own brand - maybe even like it - but that had to produce some noxious miasmal vapors from the pit of all that is foul and unholy that would likely induce loss of consciousness in infants and the elderly alike.
It really is a foul little burger with an amazing ability to make everyone who consumes them to be on the same horrid cycle. A few years back me and the guys took a road trip up to Knob Creek and dined extensively on them. The aftermath on the 10+ hour car ride home was of biblical proportions to say the least. The little bastards made all of us smell the same and there was no way to identify the ass from which each breathtaking stench came. Eating Waffle House for breakfast on two occasions certainly didn’t help matters.
No White Castle near me, but I've been to them.  I can eat like 4 without any ill effects.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
They're delicious.  They also sell Jalapeno White Castles at the DG.

Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Why Isn’t White Castle A Fast-Food Giant?

coincidentally I watched this a couplea months ago because I know White Castle has a kinda cult burger following as some of these burger joints do, and I want one here so I wanna know more about them..

it's actually pretty interesting story... they credit them as the first real burger place and maybe the one that really popularized the hamburger as kinda staple meal in this country... essentially 100 years old which seems insane to me for a restaurant... and they're family owned/private and dont franchise which is why they haven't spread all over creation like other burger joints..

anyhow, I enjoyed it if you got 15-minutes to burn..
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Gotta love me some sliders!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Picked up a homeless starving dog one midnight shift. They were the only place open so I got the dog some sliders. He wouldn't eat them...
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]
stupid bitch
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
White Castle and Krystal are horrid and should never, ever be consumed near me.
View Quote
Krystal Chicks are pretty good.

Ive never had White Castle.  Not sure I've ever seen one, actually.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No White Castle near me, but I've been to them.  I can eat like 4 without any ill effects.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brother, who drank to excess for many years and basically just didn’t treat his body like he cared about it at all, would stink up the house whenever he would make these things in the microwave. It smelled horrid.

I can’t imagine the disaster that would follow in the bathroom. I get that you generally tolerate your own brand - maybe even like it - but that had to produce some noxious miasmal vapors from the pit of all that is foul and unholy that would likely induce loss of consciousness in infants and the elderly alike.
You are the freaking man then to have your insides acclimated or immune to the repercussions to those things. You must have a cast iron stomach and intestines that are rhino lined.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
So tasty
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I was able to complete the chug at my first Cola Warrior, just a couple hours after eating 8 White Castle cheeseburgers out of an order of 10. At the next two CW events, I did not eat White Castle beforehand, and was unable to complete the chug both times.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
White Castle and Krystal are horrid and should never, ever be consumed near me.

I’ve had both. White Castle burgers are way better than Krystal. Not even comparable imho.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I get to have em once a year. I consider it a treat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I love me some white castles...

I knew a guy who won 100 white castles in a radio station contest... dude was 6'8 weighed somewhere around 300lbs... he ate 89 white castles in one sitting...Rest in Peace,  Eddie

You're missed, Brother...
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I set my limit at 6. I could eat more and I just don’t.  We have one in the town near me.
I believe the most I have eaten in one sitting is 16 and that was years ago.
They do make for some interesting and stanky bowel movements.
Good breakfast sandwiches too
Very close to Krystals burgers and different
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Just googled. Joey chestnut. 103 White Castle burgers in 8 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
12 cents first time I ate one, if I remember correctly. Always got 6 with fries and onion rings. Fine dining for me and never any problem eating them.

(Corrected price)
View Quote
When I was a kid they were a nickel.  I had one within walking distance from where I grew up.

The bathroom also cost a nickel.

I went to one about a month ago and  2 double cheeseburgers, fries and a drink was damn near 7 dollars.

They used to be what you ate when you didn't have much cash.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I’m telling ya, the doubles are where it’s at. They have their own hot sauce that goes great with them.
View Quote
If by hot sauce you mean the horseradish mustard, I agree with you.

Whiteys just ain't Whiteys without the horseradish mustard.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Love White Castle.

Always my first meal driving back to Ohio. Usually east of St Louis.

First one I see, and a 10 pack dies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I can crush 10 White Castles.  But, I have a cast iron stomach.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Drunk food, and Little Tavern was better...
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I love whiteys, grew up walking distance from one in Michigan. The old chicken sandwiches were so much better than what they serve now, those boiling hot pressed chicken patties just dripping in grease omg. And the clam strips they used to have were awesome.

I finally got out to the new one in Scottsdale since we have a job out that way, I ate there today, so that’s 3 times in the last 7 days. Mmm mmm mmm. My typical order is 3 chicken sliders and 3 cheeseburgers. But I can easily put a sack of 10 cheeseburgers down. I could probably do a whole crave case if I wanted too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Had some earlier today, son loves them.  I can take it in moderation occasionally, Very many of them though, & they truly turn into "Gut bombs"
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:26:05 AM EDT
[#34]
We have krystal here. Similar but not the same. I’ve never had White Castle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#35]
WH, they taste so good going down but they are the only meal that you are guaranteed to eat and expel within an hour.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How many belly bombers can you eat?  
View Quote
I went to the new store in Arizona. I had two double cheese burger sliders. I will not willingly repeat the experience. The buns were soggy and disintegrated, the meat was almost tan, not even cooked through, and the entire "slider" was flavorless, like soggy cardboard. The fries were probably good when warm, but when cold, not so much. The restaurant was dirty and over crowded, with one drink dispenser broken, one paper towel high tech dispenser broken, and the men's room paper towel dispenser broken.
For what was spent there I could have gotten an In N Out Double Double, and next time that is what I will do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't make any sense to me.

Grease is fat.

Where does the fat go when the pattie is cooked ?

So the fat hasnt leached from the beef and is still in the pattie ?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Back 30 years ago I could easily put away a bag of 10, but I have not had any at all in about 5 years. I rarely eat fast food of any kind these days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#40]
I remember the Sunday night, 15 years ago, where i left the Home Depot with $4 in my pocket and stopped by the WC for a couple sliders.

Then I saw them: the little credit card icons on the menu board.  I can orders with plastics???

I went home with a Crave Case and had a slider with every kind of condiment in the kitchen.  Then combinations.  then ragrets.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Growing up my dad would weekly purchase White Castle for the local kids and we'd have lunch at our house - thanks dad. They were also the gold standard in late night drunk food in my day.

They stopped using this in the stores, but you can still buy it. I have no idea why:

That mustard is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Unfortunately, we only have frozen White Castles down here and it's not the same. When I went North years ago, W.C. and Nathans were must stops on the way. There is nothing like a fresh  W.C. burger. For now, the closest thing we have, if you can call it close, is Krystal Burger.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I think the belly bombers were 9 cents when I was a kid . I would eat about 12 belly bombers and have one of their thick chocolate shakes to wash it down. I don't remember if that was after or before we would go to the park and play tackle football with no equipment on. I miss those days.

Edit: Price correction
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I went to a class reunion about 15 years ago. We left south central Indiana to return home on a Sunday morning about 5:30.  Since there was a White Castle on the way to the interstate, I asked my wife if she wanted some.  Her reply was you can get some, I might eat one or two.  So I stopped and got a crave case.  They had to make them for us. My wife about shit.  She was right.  She ate a couple.  I ate the rest.  I threw the empty box out when we stopped for gas somewhere in Arkansas.  Somewhere around Texarkana the gas started.  That might have been the worst case of gas I have ever had.  It had an overpowering onion smell, and there was a lot of it.   It caused my wife who hates hot weather, to roll down the window and keep it down.  It lasted until the next morning when it finally stopped.

On our trips to Syracuse, we normally stop somewhere in northern Tennessee for the night.  The last time we stopped the motel was located next to a White Castle.  And, as luck would have it, we had supper there.  I was warned to watch myself.  No repeats of the Indiana trip.

I know, CSB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, we only have frozen White Castles down here and it's not the same. When I went North years ago, W.C. and Nathans were must stops on the way. There is nothing like a fresh  W.C. burger. For now, the closest thing we have, if you can call it close, is Krystal Burger.
View Quote
I think Krystal burgers are damned near identical to WC. When we ate there in Florida, I was just as satisfied as if we'd gone to a WC.

We have neither in KC. Closest WC is almost 3 hours away, in Columbia.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#47]
1st off, it's not a "bomber."

It's a slider. Nothing else.

Back in high school, we would hit the Castle after football or baseball practice.

Get a few crave cases and go nuts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#48]
The best part about Krystal is their customer service.
When you walk in, they look at you and ask "What the f--- do you want?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#49]
White Castle is a food that seems like a good idea when you are 12 beers past your max...
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Dam forgot about about the Mana was just featured on Guy Fieri Diners-Drive-in and Dives. Im about 5 miles from there got to get me some !
Page / 4
Top Top