Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, my former C.O. drover her unmarked take home car through a storefront while DUI.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh DAMN!!!  Chicago PD is doing a crash and burn!  Lawlessness will take over the streets and residents of Chicago will be at continual risk of getting shot by the lawless rampagers!

HUNDREDS COULD DIE IN CHICAGO!!!!!

Oh, wait...
Final 2018 Totals
Shot & Killed: 496
Shot & Wounded: 2466
Total Shot: 2962
Total Homicides: 590
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Devil's Advocate:
Isn't DUI, essentially, precrime?
Was anyone or anyone's property harmed?
I think it's a side-effect of the gov getting entangled with the costs of responsibility,  such as medical care, when someone gets hurt.
Vehicle insurance is mandatory but gov has to go farther with DUI, seatbelt laws and helmet laws.
Just a thought and, no, I don't advocate driving impaired.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most big city police departments are done. Recruitment is way down, pay can not keep up with private industries, police are expected to walk a tight rope on a daily basis of confusing case law, all uses of force are assumed to be wrongful by the public. The old timers are prisoners to their pension, the new hires are badge bunnies and overly gung go kids who are gonna blast some lady in her living room 1 second after seeing her.
View Quote
This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s just a matter of time before the new mayor appoints a tranny as chief
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
WHY DID THE MAFIA STOPPED FUNDING THEM?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s just a matter of time before the new mayor appoints a tranny as chief
View Quote
Actually that’s about what I was expecting when I read the thread title.

This may have just hastened the timeline.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Police official gets dui.

Thread title makes it appear like the sky is falling.

A bit dramatic?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Easy win for Dumbest Thread of the Day Award.

We’ll have to wait and see if it makes it through the playoffs to win the Week Award.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Meh, my former C.O. drover her unmarked take home car through a storefront while DUI.
View Quote
Did she at least get a ticket?  Who paid for damages?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
“Neither a breathalyzer nor sobriety test was performed, but responding officers did have an in-person off-the-air meeting with their supervisor after the incident.”

He got blue lined.

No evidence, no conviction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sofa King what?  

If you have evidence, charge him.
“Neither a breathalyzer nor sobriety test was performed, but responding officers did have an in-person off-the-air meeting with their supervisor after the incident.”

He got blue lined.

We ''policed'' ourselves and found him sober but under the influence.

Of course the esteemed police let all the other drunk drivers go that night too just because they are fair.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Found Jussie's account
View Quote
The French actor?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL, In Chicago, that's how you launch your career in politics.  Guy will be on the city council working his way to mayor in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Devil's Advocate:
Isn't DUI, essentially, precrime?
Was anyone or anyone's property harmed?
I think it's a side-effect of the gov getting entangled with the costs of responsibility,  such as medical care, when someone gets hurt.
Vehicle insurance is mandatory but gov has to go farther with DUI, seatbelt laws and helmet laws.
Just a thought and, no, I don't advocate driving impaired.
View Quote
Reckless driving is still a crime. Being drunk is prima facie evidence of driving recklessly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He got blue lined.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sofa King what?  

He got blue lined.

Just his BP meds. Nothing to see here.

Moove along citizen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Police can drive while intoxicated.  It's a well known exception.
View Quote
I sat in the stands at a Little League game and got to listen to two cops openly discussing pulling over another cop for driving drunk and just sending him off to drive home.

Didn't seem to care that they were saying this within earshot of a bunch of kids.

Like it was a normal, everyday thing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Police official gets dui.

Thread title makes it appear like the sky is falling.

A bit dramatic?
View Quote
First of all, the CoP did NOT get a DUI.  That's part of the problem.  I think the real story is found on SCC and similar websites where current officers advocate slowing their roll and going fetal, only doing the minimum necessary because their leadership is crap and the citizens don't like them either, so since they have no support from the top or bottom, they've given up and are holding out until retirement.  One cop stated he waits seven or eight minutes after a call before he even puts his car in drive.  Another states he makes sure he slow rolls up to the call running code (lights/sirens) hoping the perp will get away so he doesn't have to deal with it.  It appears the CPD officers have no faith in their command.  They see it as utterly corrupt from the top down.  Bad CoP, corrupt Internal Affairs, unwarranted promotions, cheating on tests allowed, etc.

This is but the latest story.  Another data point to add to their proof.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Did they all get to go home safe?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:40:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

First of all, the CoP did NOT get a DUI.  That's part of the problem.  I think the real story is found on SCC and similar websites where current officers advocate slowing their roll and going fetal, only doing the minimum necessary because their leadership is crap and the citizens don't like them either, so since they have no support from the top or bottom, they've given up and are holding out until retirement.  One cop stated he waits seven or eight minutes after a call before he even puts his car in drive.  Another states he makes sure he slow rolls up to the call running code (lights/sirens) hoping the perp will get away so he doesn't have to deal with it.  It appears the CPD officers have no faith in their command.  They see it as utterly corrupt from the top down.  Bad CoP, corrupt Internal Affairs, unwarranted promotions, cheating on tests allowed, etc.

View Quote
YEP!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:47:53 AM EDT
[#23]
News report that a CPD superintendent was driving drunk?  The only surprise is that they haven't beaten the shit out of the reporter and whoever leaked this to the media.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"He said......  without any evidence"  

They may be able to come up with some by going back to the place where he drank and interviewing the restaurant staff.

But I think you and I both know that this is how it is. This is a small potatoes issue while Jim Comey, McCabe, and Strzok are still walking around after what they did.

And it took place in a shithole that is literally the asshoe of America. Nobody gives a single fuck about Chicagadishu. It's the worst place in the world.
View Quote
Ummmm... it is called Chiraq.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn, can't a guy even take a nap.....If he's sleeping he's not making stupid decisions.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He said......  without any evidence"  

They may be able to come up with some by going back to the place where he drank and interviewing the restaurant staff.

But I think you and I both know that this is how it is. This is a small potatoes issue while Jim Comey, McCabe, and Strzok are still walking around after what they did.

And it took place in a shithole that is literally the asshoe of America. Nobody gives a single fuck about Chicagadishu. It's the worst place in the world.
Except they’ve sunk further into chaos and corruption, to Somalia levels, and we had to downgrade them before the Iraqis filed a formal complaint.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Damn, can't a guy even take a nap.....If he's sleeping he's not making stupid decisions.  
View Quote
Man.  1srelluc finding the silver lining.  Truth!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#28]
He was professional enough to drive drunk and get away Scott free. Regular drunks haven't figured out the one weird trick.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn, if blood pressure meds made patients fall asleep I would coast through work every night...

eta:  Maybe the key is adding a stop sign in each room.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#30]
What part of shit hole don't you understand.  Let it burn.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#32]
So their worthless chief was DWI, lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#33]
This thread is for the birds...
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Neither a breathalyzer nor sobriety test was performed, but responding officers did have an in-person off-the-air meeting with their supervisor after the incident."

He got blue lined.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sofa King what?  

"Neither a breathalyzer nor sobriety test was performed, but responding officers did have an in-person off-the-air meeting with their supervisor after the incident."

He got blue lined.

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#35]
If you say so OP.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What did he know about Hitlery (or Obismal) ???
View Quote
He ain't dead... Yet....
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Former chief used to get shitfaced and cause a scene at the White Eagle restaurant in Niles IL.

Just about a few blocks north of Chicago border, the Niles police used to call CPD for someone to get him.  Never made the news.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Should he even be drinking if taking BP meds?  If he is chief, should he even drink?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
And another:
CPD considers punishing officers for responding to ICE 911 calls
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I loved him on "The Office." I think he fell asleep randomly there, too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I loved him on "The Office." I think he fell asleep randomly there, too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This would have played out exactly the same at damn near every other department in the country.
View Quote
Yup.

Thin blue line and all
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Should he even be drinking if taking BP meds?
View Quote
Sure, why not. Hell, he should start mainlining fentanyl too.  I'm sure they've got plenty in the evidence party locker down at the station.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the superintendent pulled over in his vehicle and parked near his home after feeling lightheaded around 12:30 a.m. Thursday. He was on his way home from a dinner with friends.

Officers said they did not find any signs of impairment, and Johnson drove himself home.

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Btw, giraffes are almost extinct in Oklahoma because of fossil fuels and climate change. You almost never see wild giraffes anymore. And the zebra herd is almost nonexistent. It keeps me awake at night, worrying.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#47]
SCC calls him Special Ed, and has for quite some time.

Looks like Larry Lightfoot will be needing a new police chief. I can hardly wait to see the new one.

They may try to hit all of the bases; black, gay, handicapped, Spanish surname, left wing, left-handed.

Chicago is a great place to see in your rearview mirror.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Juicy approves.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#50]
SSDD, how long has this been said
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top