Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fear has permeated this site, and that is how leftists win.

View Quote
Explain to me how the side that is armed to the teeth is somehow the scared party... It seems ridiculous when you think about it.

There are 100 million of us. Why the hell is it so damn hard to get enough of us to show up to protest dipshit politicians? We're getting pretty close to "Show up fully armed, bearing rifles, torches, and pitchforks."
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
2024 Democrats take the White House and both chambers of Congress. President Michelle Obama vows to end gun violence.

2025 Federal Gun Safety Act is signed into law. All detachable magazine fed Semi-auto rifles and pistols over .22 LR are declared NFA items as are all semi automatic shotguns. Magazines over 7 rounds are declared  NFA items. A 6 month grace period to register under NFA is instituted. The NFA tax stamp has been raised to $800 per item. Ads for Brownells Pull Action conversion kits are omnipresent. UK posters assist their now neutered American cousins in turning their AR15s into pull action rifles with permentally blocked magazines.

ARFCom site staff and moderators who don’t resign assist federal law enforcement Agents to provide the identities of users to be cross referenced against 4473 records to find owners of semi-auto firearms that have not declared. Posted photos are used to build an AI assisted database to identify who owns what.

2026 Responsible Ammo Act passes and is signed into law by President Michelle Obama. It requires photo ID and in person purchase of all ammunition from an FFL only. It also requires a locked and fireproof storage requirements for quantities of ammunition over 100 rounds.

2027 Enviromental Ammo Act passes and is signed into law. Lead ammunition is banned from sale, use or posession due to the harm it causes to the enviroment. Many ranges are bankrupted as they are deemed lead clean up sites and given 1 year to remove lead contaminated backstop soil.

Calls for wide spread peaceful civil disobedience in GD are locked and deleted. Posters of such calls to action are identified and passed on to Federal Law Enforcement.
View Quote
Looks like I’d be a felon in 2025. By 2026 I’ll have established a plan of action and be either dead or in the process of implementing said plan.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Some people believe the moderation standards have changed since and because Brownells purchased the site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't understand what Brownell's has to do with this.

Can someone explain?
Some people believe the moderation standards have changed since and because Brownells purchased the site.
I’ve seen no evidence of that.

I’ve seen a lot of people “concerned” about this happening, and I’ve seen people react to fairly mild statements made by GoatBoy as if he were issuing a ruling that we turn the site into DU.

I’ve been here a long time. This isn’t the first time the powers that be here have had to nicely say “hey, uh, guys? Let’s not just come out and say we should shoot the fuckers, OK?”
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I will not comply
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m sure we will find out after the first story is posted about a cop getting hurt serving a red flag warrant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn’t a situation of cops vs “us”.
I’m sure we will find out after the first story is posted about a cop getting hurt serving a red flag warrant.
"Oh well"?
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Oh well"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn’t a situation of cops vs “us”.
"Oh well"?
"I'll have a Coke. " will be popular.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I guess things have changed somewhat. Lol

Y’all be cool.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:.
It is important to keep AR15.com a legitimate place for people to congregate. But if it turns into a place where people plot illegal activities, then it won't be here for anyone anymore. I'm not against civil disobedience to protect our rights. I think it is necessary.
View Quote
Only if full discussion is permitted. If it's really true that the Declaration of Independence is a seditious, treasonous document that violates CoC (it explicitly advocates overthrow of the lawful government), then the site is of pretty limited value.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only if full discussion is permitted. If it's really true that the Declaration of Independence is a seditious, treasonous document that violates CoC (it explicitly advocates overthrow of the lawful government), then the site is of pretty limited value.
View Quote
How can people be this disconnected from reality?  This is like complaining that your landlord won't let you sell heroin out of your apartment.  That's not really a landlord problem.  Your landlord isn't going to put you in jail.  It really doesn't even matter what your landlord thinks about it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've seen no evidence of that.

I've seen a lot of people "concerned" about this happening, and I've seen people react to fairly mild statements made by GoatBoy as if he were issuing a ruling that we turn the site into DU.

I've been here a long time. This isn't the first time the powers that be here have had to nicely say "hey, uh, guys? Let's not just come out and say we should shoot the fuckers, OK?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can someone explain?

I've seen a lot of people "concerned" about this happening, and I've seen people react to fairly mild statements made by GoatBoy as if he were issuing a ruling that we turn the site into DU.

I've been here a long time. This isn't the first time the powers that be here have had to nicely say "hey, uh, guys? Let's not just come out and say we should shoot the fuckers, OK?"
Are you really calling me a 'concern troll'?

Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whose definition of "unconstitutional" ?

Some guys on a gun forum, or the Supreme Courts ??
View Quote
Don't need them to tell me what it means but if I have to choose
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it's interesting that mods & staff have so little to say. When the answer to the question in the thread title is "sometimes," that's not a strong position to be in.

And I really hope there's a plan in place to host the site in a jurisdiction safe from US interference. Relying on the good graces of Jeff Bezos & company doesn't sound like a smart strategy in this day & age.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How can people be this disconnected from reality?  This is like complaining that your landlord won't let you sell heroin out of your apartment.  That's not really a landlord problem.  Your landlord isn't going to put you in jail.  It really doesn't even matter what your landlord thinks about it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn they hallucinate.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think it's interesting that mods & staff have so little to say. When the answer to the question in the thread title is "sometimes," that's not a strong position to be in.

And I really hope there's a plan in place to host the site in a jurisdiction safe from US interference. Relying on the good graces of Jeff Bezos & company doesn't sound like a smart strategy in this day & age.
View Quote
How do you host the site where the US government can't touch it, and still do business with US advertisers?  And US customers?  How do take credit cards as payment?  How do you even live here when you can't access the money you made, if you even can make money?  None of this makes any sense.  This is a web site.  You're not in Delta Force, it's a gun forum.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I see that the Colorado mag thread is still locked for review. Day 3.

I'm starting to think that the "senior" in senior staff has less to do with organizational structure and more to do with being elderly. Don't break a hip rushing to that thread, guys.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm starting to think that the "senior" in senior staff has less to do with organizational structure and more to do with being elderly. Don't break a hip rushing to that thread, guys.
View Quote
A thread delayed is a thread denied!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
All part of the mod tactic to delay and redirect.

“Unfiltered” apparently actually means FILTERED.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Look guys its really simple.

If an AWB passes you will not be able to post AR15s on AR15.com its not that big of a deal. Don't be so dramatic.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fear has permeated this site, and that is how leftists win.

View Quote
Ask me the questions, bridgekeeper. I am not afraid.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:16:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If an AWB passes you will not be able to post AR15s on AR15.com its not that big of a deal. Don't be so dramatic.
View Quote
Pull action ARs with disabled gas systems and 7 round perma pinned, non-detachable magazines will be around! See the 2nd Amendment is intact!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Rosa Parks would be perma banned for her willingness to break the law.
View Quote
I gave a speech on the state capitol steps that would most likely draw a warning for sharing it here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#24]
We keep asking the same question over and over again hoping to get a different answer but i don't think we're going to

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Y’all be cool.
View Quote
Damn.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ve been here a long time. This isn’t the first time the powers that be here have had to nicely say “hey, uh, guys? Let’s not just come out and say we should shoot the fuckers, OK?”
View Quote
True but now threads get locked because they say the same exact thing that LEO Site Staff members have posted threads about in the past.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
True but now threads get locked because they say the same exact thing that LEO Site Staff members have posted threads about in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s worst then that. Calls for peaceful civil disobedience against the most dubious of gun laws (CO mag ban) are now locked when in the past site staff made thinly veiled violent “will not comply” posts.

“But guys CoC rule 4 has been the law of the land for 20 years!”
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I hear you guys. I legitimately have no idea where things stand anymore.

I could kind of understand it if there was legit fear of losing hosting, etc. but I've seen staff ridicule members for suggesting that. So...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can someone explain?

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Y’all be cool.
View Quote
What happened to you??

@krpind
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is where we are going.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Y’all be cool.
View Quote
UhOh! Looks like the blue liners got another notch in their belt.. wow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll wager law enforcement officers will be able to post about enforcing the law door-to-door.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Oh well"?
View Quote
Yep
And I’m sure Staff being jammed pack full of LEO will make no difference.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Explain to me how the side that is armed to the teeth is somehow the scared party... It seems ridiculous when you think about it.

There are 100 million of us. Why the hell is it so damn hard to get enough of us to show up to protest dipshit politicians? We're getting pretty close to "Show up fully armed, bearing rifles, torches, and pitchforks."
View Quote
People here worry about 922r and call each other out on parts counts.   Unfortunately most gun owners are more interested in being boot lickers than preserving freedom.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll wager law enforcement officers will be able to post about enforcing the law door-to-door.
View Quote
Laughing and slamming beers over red flagged bodies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure some mod named after a target rifle will post many threads bragging about enforcing the law.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#40]
no one's used the thurdy cal NRA boomer meme template to make memes about Brownell's?

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
no one's used the thurdy cal NRA boomer meme template to make memes about Brownell's?

View Quote
You go first.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Y’all be cool.
View Quote
WTF.

4 stars and yet user info page says "Member" (not even team / bronze / gold / platinum / lifetime)  status.

Is there a thread discussing this?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
WTF.

4 stars and yet user info page says "Member" (not even team / bronze / gold / platinum / lifetime)  status.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y’all be cool.
WTF.

What is there to discuss?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I asked a similar question 3 days ago.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2263885/?#i81467489

----------

I'd like clear guidance as to what I can say concerning opposition to California's various unconstitutional firearm and ammunition laws.

If I say I will do everything in my power to circumvent these clearly unconstitutional laws does that get me a permaban?

And if so, how does that jibe with the press release about Brownells purchasing Arfcom that promotes ar15.com as a leading RKBA web site on the Internet?

We elected to partner with Pete and Frank Brownell because we’ve known them personally for years to be real advocates for both our First and Second Amendment rights. They see the importance, now more than ever, for having a free, unfiltered forum of pro-Constitutional voices and ideas to be heard. Put simply, they share in our vision for the future of AR15.com.
View Quote
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/06/05/breaking-brownells-acquires-ar15-com/

That statement is in opposition to statements Subnet made concerning censorship of posts that advocate flaunting unconstitutional state laws.

Flaunting unjust laws is an American tradition. It's the basis of how this nation came to be.

----------
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:ETA: The reality is that within many here’s life time a new Assault Weapon Ban and “high cap” magazine ban is a real political possibility. Will the CoC be used by site staff to stop organized, peaceful protest and resistance against such an eventuality?
View Quote
If it is I'm out of here to find another forum or means of communication.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yup
View Quote
+1 without a doubt.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#48]
That sounds like something George III of the United Kingdom would say.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The CoC is worded such that almost anything anyone might ever want to post could be technically considered a violation if someone wanted it to be. Because of that we then get extremely confusing and erratically enforcement plus some righteous heavy handedness thrown in for good measure.

People seem to be freely allowed to talk about pirating movies and TV's a lot, including things like setting up a plex server which is going to include one felony for every piece of media you rip . Then on the other side of the coin we can't really show diagrams of certain firearm parts or talk about how they work despite this being a firearm related site. We technically cannot even post a picture of how a bump stock works now if everything were to be applied equally across the board.

Personally, I don't care for this and would prefer we just allow most open dialog (even about breaking the law) and over the years the heavy handed and lopsided enforcement has driven away some great members so I have to think harder every time my renewal comes up if it is worth it.
View Quote
How about thinking harder about saying things smarter. One doesn't have to stoop to insults and name calling to put forth a sound argument. Some may be incapable of doing so but try anyway.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I gave a speech on the state capitol steps that would most likely draw a warning for sharing it here.
View Quote
@Wobblin-Goblin
I'd like to see that speech. Did you ever post it before?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top