Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both. It's the ARFCOM way

But seriously, the Freedom Movement needs both:
  • People who are deliberately "out loud and proud" (who can attract more supporters and grow the movement, shift the Overton Window in public discourse, and show that "we are many" in order to discourage further infringements and roll-back existing infringements through the soap box, ballot box, and jury box), and
  • People who deliberately keep a low profile and prepare to act (preferably non-violently) when it matters most, i.e. when the public campaign has come to a culminating point and the balance can be shifted one way or the other.
If "legal liability" for Brownell's (or the Brownells personally) is a concern now, well then maybe ARFCOM could be spun out into a foundation or some other legal entity? WWSD (what would Soros do)? He clearly has figured out a way to fund ANTIFA etc. without putting himself and his fortune at risk.

And public disobedience has resulted in all sorts of social and legal change over the years. Yes that means running a certain risk of a SWAT team at your door, or Bull Connor and his ilk giving you a hickory shampoo for not sitting in the back of the bus, but the more that are "out loud and proud" about it and nothing happens to (most of) them, the more will be encouraged to do likewise, until there is change. Remember the Founding Fathers - many of them lost everything they owned, and some were tortured to death. Are we lesser men?

Having law enforcement trawling this site (as opposed to being bona-fide members out of personal interest) and seeing noncompliance etc. being discussed is actually a good thing. This way, maybe at least some JBT will think twice about kicking down doors to enforce unconstitutional and immoral laws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it better to do it loud and proud, or is it better to keep your business on the down low?

I don't know.

The mag ban may not be enforced in Colorado right now, but squawking about it on a public forum may bring attention to that and start a push to have stricter enforcement policy.

I for one wouldn't advocate coming on here to flout the NY AWB. You could wind up with a SWAT team on your doorstep if you do.

It's also important to remember that this forum is literally buzzing with law enforcement. Some are members who are on our side, some are members who aren't on our side and some actively looking for criminal activity to prosecute.
Both. It's the ARFCOM way

But seriously, the Freedom Movement needs both:
  • People who are deliberately "out loud and proud" (who can attract more supporters and grow the movement, shift the Overton Window in public discourse, and show that "we are many" in order to discourage further infringements and roll-back existing infringements through the soap box, ballot box, and jury box), and
  • People who deliberately keep a low profile and prepare to act (preferably non-violently) when it matters most, i.e. when the public campaign has come to a culminating point and the balance can be shifted one way or the other.
If "legal liability" for Brownell's (or the Brownells personally) is a concern now, well then maybe ARFCOM could be spun out into a foundation or some other legal entity? WWSD (what would Soros do)? He clearly has figured out a way to fund ANTIFA etc. without putting himself and his fortune at risk.

And public disobedience has resulted in all sorts of social and legal change over the years. Yes that means running a certain risk of a SWAT team at your door, or Bull Connor and his ilk giving you a hickory shampoo for not sitting in the back of the bus, but the more that are "out loud and proud" about it and nothing happens to (most of) them, the more will be encouraged to do likewise, until there is change. Remember the Founding Fathers - many of them lost everything they owned, and some were tortured to death. Are we lesser men?

Having law enforcement trawling this site (as opposed to being bona-fide members out of personal interest) and seeing noncompliance etc. being discussed is actually a good thing. This way, maybe at least some JBT will think twice about kicking down doors to enforce unconstitutional and immoral laws.
Site Staff note the bold

Especially in regards to bullshit state laws
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Take a lesson from our enemies- they do NOT discuss strategy, much less potentially illegal conduct, in public."

The fuck you talking about? They openly post that shit on twitter, take video and tweet it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
discussion no.

actively encouraging people to break the law. yes and always has been an issue.

4. Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities

we need to remember the site is regularly watched by fed and news agencies. The owners want to present a positive image of the gun community. There is zero issue with discussing the laws or organizing to protest or remove them. We can not allow active discussion on how to circumvent them in an illegal manner. We have never allowed that.

the thread in question was locked for the correct reasons. The way it was handled was not and i am reviewing those actions.
I enhanced part of @The_Beer_Slayer response above.

Has anybody considered that the CoC may be doing us all a HUGE favor?

This IS an important topic.  This unsecured venue is NOT the right place for these sorts of discussions.  Take a lesson from our enemies- they do NOT discuss strategy, much less potentially illegal conduct, in public.

Know where to discuss activism, both white, gray, and black?

a.  Build parties.  Does anybody even have these any more?  Get together in somebody's garage, put some cool things together, meet like-minded folks, make friends, and discuss activism among friends.
b.  Gun ranges/shooting spots and gun shows.  I hate range nazis as much as everybody else, but that's where you meet other gun people.  Beware of who you are speaking with because of plants and other problem children.  But maybe you'll meet some good folks or get ideas here.
c.  Secured online places.  WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Telegram, Signal, and plenty of others are out there.  Hillary's campaign made great use of Signal.  If it's good enough for her and her ilk.....

There's a reason Antifa, BLM, and other groups are effective.  They've learned OPSEC.  So should we.
"Take a lesson from our enemies- they do NOT discuss strategy, much less potentially illegal conduct, in public."

The fuck you talking about? They openly post that shit on twitter, take video and tweet it out.
prebans is concerned.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tagscribed.  Arfcom has been my internet "Home" for over a decade.  I can't even begin to count the number of amazing folks I've met and I don't dare tally up all the money I've spent thanks to this place.  But I do feel that we are fast approaching a crossroads.  This is the time for staff to come out and say either they are prepared to go all the way and resist or to say "Welcome our new Brownells Overloards, any discussion about anything that could possibly offend anyone anywhere will be crushed".
View Quote
The is the situation in a nutshell.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well the powers-that-be have already engaged in suppression of speech out of "professional courtesy" to the gun-grabbing English police

The mag ban in CO is such a low-hanging fruit regarding noncompliance (and related public discourse), with noncompliance carrying such obvious benefits and little cost/risk to the Freedom Movement, that it's really hard to understand why this site is choosing to make it the threshold for "encouraging criminal activity". Even if someone's convicted, it's just a misdemeanor for crying out loud. If I say "hey you guys should jaywalk more often, it's fun!" will that get me banned? Heck, if one of the CO Sheriffs who won't enforce the mag ban gets on here and posts that people in his county shouldn't be worried because he won't enforce it, will that get him banned??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The simple answer is the CoC must be changed or this site will die. Period.

We should not have a CoC that prohibits doing the right thing. Resistance and civil disobedience of unjust laws is virtuous. It is the right thing.

The fact that you can name every historical American hero from Sam Adams to Martian Luther King Jr. and they'd all get banned if they were here today is proof that Arfcom is in the wrong.

This is not Canada, England, or Australia. We will NOT follow rules of engagement meant to appease the enemy.

I assert that this message is not a CoC violation (7) because it is made from a desire to save this site from management/ownership induced failure.
Well the powers-that-be have already engaged in suppression of speech out of "professional courtesy" to the gun-grabbing English police

The mag ban in CO is such a low-hanging fruit regarding noncompliance (and related public discourse), with noncompliance carrying such obvious benefits and little cost/risk to the Freedom Movement, that it's really hard to understand why this site is choosing to make it the threshold for "encouraging criminal activity". Even if someone's convicted, it's just a misdemeanor for crying out loud. If I say "hey you guys should jaywalk more often, it's fun!" will that get me banned? Heck, if one of the CO Sheriffs who won't enforce the mag ban gets on here and posts that people in his county shouldn't be worried because he won't enforce it, will that get him banned??
Currently,  it would.

Thus is how ridiculous the CoC has gotten.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I enhanced part of @The_Beer_Slayer response above.

Has anybody considered that the CoC may be doing us all a HUGE favor?

This IS an important topic.  This unsecured venue is NOT the right place for these sorts of discussions.  Take a lesson from our enemies- they do NOT discuss strategy, much less potentially illegal conduct, in public.

Know where to discuss activism, both white, gray, and black?

a.  Build parties.  Does anybody even have these any more?  Get together in somebody's garage, put some cool things together, meet like-minded folks, make friends, and discuss activism among friends.
b.  Gun ranges/shooting spots and gun shows.  I hate range nazis as much as everybody else, but that's where you meet other gun people.  Beware of who you are speaking with because of plants and other problem children.  But maybe you'll meet some good folks or get ideas here.
c.  Secured online places.  WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Telegram, Signal, and plenty of others are out there.  Hillary's campaign made great use of Signal.  If it's good enough for her and her ilk.....

There's a reason Antifa, BLM, and other groups are effective.  They've learned OPSEC.  So should we.
View Quote
... Exactly
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure rising in armed rebellion against your lawful king is illegal. Unless you win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure rising in armed rebellion against your lawful king is illegal. Unless you win.
King’s actions were unlawful. @Minion42
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This answer probably isn’t going to satisfy a lot of people but the truth is that it depends on what you post. “Will not comply” will probably be fine while “I’ve got three wish.com Glock sears and a pile of Swiftlinks and I don’t give a fuck who knows it” is going to generate some negative attention.

There’s never going to be a blanket “fuck the law” statement from management here. This isn’t going to be a site where you can openly talk about illegally building machineguns and IEDs.  Discussions about political violence are going to get a close look. This site probably isn’t going to be ground zero for any revolution. None of this should really come as a big surprise to anyone that’s been here and paying attention though, because none of it is new. It’s always been that way here.

I understand that some people want a lot more than that but that’s never been Arfcom.
View Quote
The mods seem to be operating the guise of an absolute worst case scenario discussion or comment.

So the question remains why can’t peaceful non compliance of petty laws be definatelvey carved out.

I talk about ignoring Misdemeanor magazine bans in Colorado and site staff (you and Beerslayer) starts talking about machine guns, IEDs, political violence and sedition, insurrection and civil war.

Do you see the disconnect? A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important question.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#8]
What’s hilarious is that Brownell’s is shooting themselves in the foot, here. I don’t know know what they paid for Arfcom, but I’m sure it wasn’t cheap. It commanded whatever price they paid, because of the amount of activity here. That activity existed because people liked the way it was. If they continue to screw with that, they will lose that activity. As such, they will devalue their investment considerably.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#9]
One thing worth mentioning is the simple fact that "free speech" is increasingly controlled by government.  In this day and age of social media platforms becoming the defacto means of communication, and the pluralism the social media platforms have demonstrated, we the people can no longer think our ability to communicate freely is assured.  The government or their agents can control the message at the very least, or shut down any internet site anytime they damn well please.

ARFCOM, as have other platforms, has demonstrated that the message is controlled.  If in the future SHTF occurs, and I hope it doesn't, free speech and communication may be a real problem for those who don't want to roll over to the king's will.  All one has to do is watch the Democrats, and many others, in the news everyday.  It's very apparent they have no interest in allowing opposing viewpoints or speech that doesn't agree with their view of what's right or wrong.

I wish I knew how to assure free speech now or in the future!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A lot of this nonsense would stop if people would just start protesting with their firearms.

The world doesn’t come to an end, you don’t get arrested, and you make your point without having to threaten anyone. I’ve done it at state events, even taking an AR and handgun into the state Capitol building and House of Representatives while they were in session.

Americans have forgotten how to be American.
View Quote
Actually, here in Alabama of all places it is illegal to carry in or near a protest.

I have bitched about it to state reps and none of them seem to care.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of red herring.

That isn't at all what was happening in that thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This answer probably isn't going to satisfy a lot of people but the truth is that it depends on what you post. "Will not comply" will probably be fine while "I've got three wish.com Glock sears and a pile of Swiftlinks and I don't give a fuck who knows it" is going to generate some negative attention.

There's never going to be a blanket "fuck the law" statement from management here. This isn't going to be a site where you can openly talk about illegally building machineguns and IEDs.  Discussions about political violence are going to get a close look. This site probably isn't going to be ground zero for any revolution. None of this should really come as a big surprise to anyone that's been here and paying attention though, because none of it is new. It's always been that way here.

I understand that some people want a lot more than that but that's never been Arfcom.

This.

Discussion on how to build and use IEDs against the .gov has NEVER expected to be allowed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually, here in Alabama of all places it is illegal to carry in or near a protest.

View Quote
That’s essentially the crux of the matter here, too. It was also “illegal” to take up arms against the King. We did it anyway.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What's hilarious is that Brownell's is shooting themselves in the foot, here. I don't know know what they paid for Arfcom, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap. It commanded whatever price they paid, because of the amount of activity here. That activity existed because people liked the way it was. If they continue to screw with that, they will lose that activity. As such, they will devalue their investment considerably.
View Quote
Not to mention tainting the business itself.

Ive spent thousands of dollars at Brownells in the past year.  If this continues I sure as hell aint doing it in the future year.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What’s hilarious is that Brownell’s is shooting themselves in the foot, here. I don’t know know what they paid for Arfcom, but I’m sure it wasn’t cheap. It commanded whatever price they paid, because of the amount of activity here. That activity existed because people liked the way it was. If they continue to screw with that, they will lose that activity. As such, they will devalue their investment considerably.
View Quote
In their minds, I'm sure they don't see it that way.  Forums are a way to make money.  The informational or entertainment value of the discussions are just the way the site owners get members to come to their boards and click on their sponsor links.  That's not a criticism.  Any entertainment venue only exists to enrich the sponsors and producers.  Welcome to Business 101.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure rising in armed rebellion against your lawful king is illegal. Unless you win.
View Quote
Or unless you are a democrat.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fair point. I got kind of sidetracked thinking about the broader complaints about this that have been popping up lately. The COC is pretty clear about advocating illegal activity without much room for interpretation being written in. I doubt that there's going to be an official change to that and whatever discretion is going to be used in enforcing it will likely still depend on what is actually being discussed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair point. I got kind of sidetracked thinking about the broader complaints about this that have been popping up lately. The COC is pretty clear about advocating illegal activity without much room for interpretation being written in. I doubt that there's going to be an official change to that and whatever discretion is going to be used in enforcing it will likely still depend on what is actually being discussed.
So the chilling effect is still going to be in effect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we need to stop being afraid.

We are quite literally the most dangerous voting block in the most powerful nation on the planet. If you teleported the gun-owning population of the US into China, living under Chinese law... the CCP would violently cease to exist in months.

You may not realize it, but that fear is the only weapon keeping us from our enumerated civil rights.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/103813/85A3646C-4919-4E3C-9F11-349F0EE9D0E8-1069956.jpg
I'm sure the Chinese, and our own politicos, have seen that Knob Creek footage ABC attributed to the Turks.

And that's just a bunch of Americans recreating.
Imagine if they were hard pressed by tyrannical government action.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

King’s actions were unlawful. @Minion42
View Quote
Impossible, he is the sole sovereign.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This.

Discussion on how to build and use IEDs against the .gov has NEVER expected to be allowed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This answer probably isn't going to satisfy a lot of people but the truth is that it depends on what you post. "Will not comply" will probably be fine while "I've got three wish.com Glock sears and a pile of Swiftlinks and I don't give a fuck who knows it" is going to generate some negative attention.

There's never going to be a blanket "fuck the law" statement from management here. This isn't going to be a site where you can openly talk about illegally building machineguns and IEDs.  Discussions about political violence are going to get a close look. This site probably isn't going to be ground zero for any revolution. None of this should really come as a big surprise to anyone that's been here and paying attention though, because none of it is new. It's always been that way here.

I understand that some people want a lot more than that but that's never been Arfcom.

This.

But saying something like, "I'm surprised no one has planted an IED at (insert government location here)."

Isn't endorsement of that action.

But mods tend to disagree, they go to the "Damaging to the community" COC as the catchall.
Which then shuts down conversation through the chilling effect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is this different than bus riding or lunch counters?
View Quote
 Rosa Parks would be perma banned for her willingness to break the law.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That’s essentially the crux of the matter here, too. It was also “illegal” to take up arms against the King. We did it anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also illegal to enforce unconstitutional laws.

18 USC 242

I am in favor of enforcing 18 USC 242 against people who want to enact and enforce red flag laws.  And 18 USC 242 is an older statute than a lot of gun laws, and much older than the red flag stasi nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate...

What happens when some journalist or gun control advocate stumbles across our discussion and it leads to a News 7 Investigates piece about the ineffectiveness of Colorado's gun safety measures due to non-enforcement? This prompts the politicians to start pushing on the enforcement agencies, who in turn start making examples of people.

Like I said, I don't know if it is better to do it openly or quietly. Quietly you have less chance of getting in trouble, openly you have a greater chance of having an impact.

Just remember though, we aren't black folks sitting at a White Only lunch counter. The police cracking down on us when we flout the law isn't going to generate much public sympathy.
View Quote
Let me play devil's advocate.  Put the site behind a paywall like many members have suggested.  Keep every time, dick, and Harry on the internet from having access here.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is why this site will never be an effective advocate for the 2nd Amendment.

"Positive image of the gun community" is just double speak for presenting a completely law abiding, non confrontational, white bread, passive image.  It's like the dog crouching before it's master, rolling on it's belly hoping to not be punished.  I get it.  Staying under the radar is a strong motivator.

However, it's in direct opposition to the founding premise of the 2nd Amendment.

The 2nd Amendment is supposed to be scary for the government and those who wish to do its bidding.  It is a lethal reminder that the people have the means to revolt, violently if pushed, when the government becomes tyrannical.  If we forget that, or the people of this nation find that unpalatable, then all is already lost.

Remember when the positive image of a gun owner was a patriot, standing with his rifle - ready to engage in violence against tyrants?

Now, the positive image is a slightly overweight dude in khakis and a button down, who hides his guns at all opportunities (so as not to offend sensitive people) and only advocates following all laws - regardless of how onerous they are.  Make sure you contact your legislators.  Sorry for those of you who live in states that have large cities and your voice isn't heard.  Keep voting and contacting your legislators - no matter how hopeless it is in reality.
View Quote
Excellent post!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

They can't ban all of us.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Let me play devil's advocate.  Put the site behind a paywall like many members have suggested.  Keep every time, dick, and Harry on the internet from having access here.  Problem solved.
View Quote
And revenues decrease?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#28]
You'd have to be nuts to advocate violating the law in a forum full of cops.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Just an observation, but I would think "will not comply" is the very definition of civil disobedience.

It doesn't advocate violence or any other "offensive" response.  Civil disobedience has been accepted as a form of protest almost since this country was founded.

It's up to the site owners, of course, if it's allowable under the CoC or not, but at some point the fundamental question has to be whether "will not comply" is indeed just a form of protest and/or free speech or a form of promoting illegal activity.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Reported!!1
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is an important question the site staff need to answer imo.
View Quote
Yes. It’s not beating a dead horse
The conversation will move somewhere else if the appointed mods here cannot conduct themselves appropriately and respectfully
If they cannot separate themselves from biases, like not allowing people to slander the name of the prophet, while doing nothing about those who bring up flying spaghetti monsters and such, or secretly deleting posts, then this site has outlived its usefulness
There are other 2A sites out there
This one was just perhaps more entertaining.   Now thanks to the current crop of mods (or a couple of them), that function is diminishing
It’s all about clicks and revenue.

Do the owners sit by and do nothing while the clerks run off the customers?  How will that help revenue?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

partially because those things have a direct coloration to having the site shutdown which does no one any good. Partially because that is what the site owner has asked us to do. This is not boogaloo.com and the rebellion will not be planned here in public on a public facing part of the site. If the avillas change that policy that is up to them. i suspect there are very few large popular gun sites that do not have a similar policy.
View Quote
I guess it's time to start looking at those sites then.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quite frankly any "Arms Ban" whether it be the arms themselves, components, and or features is unconstitutional period.  We have been constitutionally fleeced by our leadership for a number of decades (going back to the 1960's possibly earlier?) It is clear that Supreme Law protects these as RIGHTS.  "...bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution OR Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding..." it goes on to clarify: ...The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution..."

This says that the US Constitution trump State Constitutions. It also goes on to say ALL Senators, Representatives, and Members of State Legislatures, Executive, and Judicial Officers are bound to the oath in affirmation to support the US Constitution. Therefore none of them can contradict it knowingly to enact laws, regulations, and treaties that violate it.  It's very clear.  The abused component is the second paragraph and the interpretation of OR . It is clear OR is under the assumption that what is mapped out in the US Constitution is not violated when enacting laws.  In other sections of the US Constitution is elaborates that the rights and articles are not intended to limit freedoms, but merely protect and prevent government from infringing upon them.  Quite frankly the idea that States can be part of the USA and violate rights within the US Constitution is a FANTASY.  And unfortunately our wealthy and powerful leadership has conned us for some time.  I believe with the advent of the internet and social media this con has run its course and we are reaching a state of enlightenment.  I also believe if the Executive Branch and SCOTUS enforce Article VI we will never have to worry about Civil War.  If not, it is inevitable.

Article VI: Supreme Law

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#34]
First Amendment freedom of speech v. CoC.

This site may be publicly available, but it has not taken on the aspects of a public forum.  So, no.  CoC > yuh rites.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just an observation, but I would think "will not comply" is the very definition of civil disobedience.

It doesn't advocate violence or any other "offensive" response.  Civil disobedience has been accepted as a form of protest almost since this country was founded.

It's up to the site owners, of course, if it's allowable under the CoC or not, but at some point the fundamental question has to be whether "will not comply" is indeed just a form of protest and/or free speech or a form of promoting illegal activity.
View Quote
Shit, long before Brownells, Aimless got mad at me for supporting the notion of Jury Nullification.

And a long time LEO member here chastised me for supporting that also because "you would go against your word promising to uphold the law when on the jury".
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File

They can't ban all of us.
View Quote
That's where you're wrong kiddo...
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Here's the problem.  It doesn't stop with, "XX is unconstitutional.  Therefore I don't feel obligated to obey.  I won't obey.  I don't think you should feel constrained to obey."  There is no self discipline, no restraint.  The chest beating always devolves into insults on one hand or actual discussion or encouragement of illegal activity on the other.  This is a business.  We don't have any "right" to break their rice bowl.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here's the problem.  It doesn't stop with, "XX is unconstitutional.  Therefore I don't feel obligated to obey.  I won't obey.  I don't think you should feel constrained to obey."  There is no self discipline, no restraint.  The chest beating always devolves into insults on one hand or actual discussion or encouragement of illegal activity on the other.  This is a business.  We don't have any "right" to break their rice bowl.
View Quote
True.  Their ballpark, their rules.  People absolutely need to remember that.  Where the line is drawn needs to be clearly and precisely delineated.

"Will not comply" , "water the tree of liberty", even a phrase like "inalienable right" could all be CoC violations if they want to pursue it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And revenues decrease?
View Quote
Well I'm not paid to be here.

I pay to be here.

So I don't give 2 shits about how much profit is generated by the site.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#40]
OP if we're honest, discussion of civil and...call it uncivil...disobedience should be allowed when it comes to government action that attempts to deprive us of our rights bestowed on us by the Constitution and BoF.  There is an actual line, and I don't think it's that "fuzzy" when rational, logical people see real, not imagined, threats to individual liberty supposedly guaranteed to us.

Discussion is vital to those guaranteed rights.  Without discussion you go straight from liberty to chaos.  Discussion actually often de-escalates a volatile situation when everyone can see, out in the open, where people stand on certain issues.  One example in light of gun control would be the stated promise of gun owners that they will not comply and that they will respond with violence if pushed beyond reasonable limits.

Now, if someone tries to claim that last sentence is a violation of COC in a discussion, that alone is part of the problem we're talking about here.  Elected officials, judges, law enforcement, and many others need to know where a good many gun owners stand on these related issues of gun control.  Squelching that speech contributes to laying the groundwork for a misconception on the part of those authorities who could easily get the impression that the citizenry is not serious about certain personal rights or the actions of government.

Now understand this clearly...my "discussion" here is not encouraging one or more gun owners to rush out the door right now and start an armed rebellion.  However, our founders and their documents by which we live clearly warned us that such action "could" be necessary in some future scenario.  Our ability and right to discuss the possibility of such future action if our government were to clearly cross a tyrannical line is one of the very elements that hinders the likelihood of a tyrannical government.

And while we're mainly talking about gun control issues here, this unfettered freedom to discuss applies to all issues between the government and its citizens.  One need only look at the impact of an almost totally left/liberal leaning media to see the danger of limiting discussion and commentary about the different sides of controversial issues.  It's a foolish pursuit on their part, as it will likely backfire when enough people on any given issue get tired of being fed an endless line of BS and react more aggressively than perhaps they would have if a more open discussion had been presented.

While discussion should have it's own limitations guided by logic and reason, it should be relatively open, frank, and unhindered.  Obviously an example of someone promoting immediate violence and mayhem in an unwarranted scenario should be called out.  Exactly where that point occurs or when that subject matter is inappropriate is...well...you guessed it...open for discussion.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why do people keep bringing up our "right" to discuss something?

This is a private forum, so the owners can make whatever limitations they want.

And members can choose to leave or cease supporting a site that doesn't align with their personal beliefs.

The point of this thread, as I see it from Miles' posts last night, was to determine if Paul was being overzealous in his modding, or if the site's position is that we cannot discuss peaceful non-compliance with a law limiting magazine capacity, that not even many LEO's in CO have a desire to enforce.

If "Come and take them" actually has meaning, or if this is a site solely for LARPing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well I'm not paid to be here.

I pay to be here.

So I don't give 2 shits about how much profit is generated by the site.
View Quote
But the owners probably give 2 shits about how much profit they generate and, as a result, my guess is your suggestion has no chance of ever being implemented.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I think members want to believe that this place is more than just a business
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I’m talking about a “million mag March” or the like in a ban state. A peaceful and non-violent protest. Not starting the 2nd American civil war. Geeze
View Quote
I have talked about this here before.

Massive civil disobedience, a few thousand arfcommers with 30 round mags on the DC mall.

We have precedent for lack of prosecution.  They didn't prosecute this piece of shit.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/23/david-gregory-arrest-affidavit-nbc-knew-he-would-violate-dc-gun-law

Point out their hypocrisy and stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Massive civil disobedience, a few thousand arfcommers with 30 round mags on the DC mall.

We have precedent for lack of prosecution.  They didn't prosecute this piece of shit.

https://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS/95b33dd/2147483647/thumbnail/640x420/quality/85/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcom-usnews-beam-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2F88%2F53%2F5ad752554ded913d62a7092fda51%2F150123-editorial.jpg

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/23/david-gregory-arrest-affidavit-nbc-knew-he-would-violate-dc-gun-law

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m talking about a “million mag March” or the like in a ban state. A peaceful and non-violent protest. Not starting the 2nd American civil war. Geeze

https://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS/95b33dd/2147483647/thumbnail/640x420/quality/85/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcom-usnews-beam-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2F88%2F53%2F5ad752554ded913d62a7092fda51%2F150123-editorial.jpg

via Imgflip Meme Generator" />
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Threads like these on a site where people say not to send the ATF letters

Sorry guys, a public forum isn't where you're gonna plan out Operation Mayhem or whatever.  Figure out where you can do so, and do your illegal (if righteous) planning there.  Arfcom's political purpose only goes as far as outreach, a d that's a good thing.
View Quote
That is cuckold BS. A protest in secret isn’t a protest.
Our actions and words have no power if they are invisible to the world.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@exDefensorMilitas

AFTER the fact. Do you see pre-action and planning threads with details?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@exDefensorMilitas

AFTER the fact. Do you see pre-action and planning threads with details?
Uhhhh....yes. Their planning is pretty straightforward and open, as is the illegal activities, namely assaults, they plan to carry out at whatever rally or protest they plan on being at.

Do they attempt some form of opsec, sure. Is it effective, no not really. You just need to follow about a dozen FB groups and maybe 2 dozen Twitter handles.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this different than bus riding or lunch counters?
Good thing she wasn't just dicking around in the internet

You guys are as bad as the lefties that see Nazis and racists under their bed, and think they're saving the world.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

18 USC 242

I am in favor of enforcing 18 USC 242 against people who want to enact and enforce red flag laws.  And 18 USC 242 is an older statute than a lot of gun laws, and much older than the red flag stasi nonsense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18 USC 242

Okay, so that means cops can't plan their red flag raids, here.

Does that also mean we can ban people who support or promote gun control?  I'd actually be pretty okay with that, here...though the Trump meme threads might get a lot less crowded.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Whose definition of "unconstitutional" ?

Some guys on a gun forum, or the Supreme Courts ??
View Quote
You must be a liberal.

We KNOW what was intended under Second Amendment. We also know that the gun grabber's justifications for infringements are horseshit.

Let me ask you this, if Congress banned and nullified the 4th Amendment with some kind of legislation, does that mean every cop in the country can simply search and seize your property without probable cause or a warrant? Think and answer carefully.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top