Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's call it mutual.

I'm not willing to volunteer to help if what appears to be the official policy is to allow a certain segment of the membership to post in support of an accused murderer while at almost the exact same time saying "people are watching, we can't get too crazy in our support of the 2nd Amendment". And those may not be exact quotes for the pedantic, but that is the gist of it.
View Quote
Can someone explain to me what the highlighted portion is about?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's call it mutual.

I'm not willing to volunteer to help if what appears to be the official policy is to allow a certain segment of the membership to post in support of an accused murderer while at almost the exact same time saying "people are watching, we can't get too crazy in our support of the 2nd Amendment". And those may not be exact quotes for the pedantic, but that is the gist of it.
recent fort worth pd officer involved shooting
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The more to it is that Bama posted “O well” in regards to a cop trying to shoot a dog, missing, and killing a woman.

That’s where it started.
View Quote
I remember that post.

In an equitably moderated forum that would have earned a time-out at a minimum.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's call it mutual.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2262974_Officer-involved-shooting-in-Fort-Worth-leaves-1-dead-in-her-own-home.html

This thread.

We have some LEO and retired LEO members that think that murdering innocent civilians in their homes is good police work. krpind sided with the right of innocent American citizens to not be murdered in their homes by those in law enforcement.

You can see which side won that argument.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of you learned the hard way that law enforcement will ALWAYS stick together.

If one defers, it hurts the majority. It's a hive mind kind of like congress, you will never see them vote themselves term limits, it hurts the majority, it hurts the hive, the hive MUST_BE_PROTECTED.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Given the current mix of moderators it wouldn't be irrational to consider ar15.com an LEO oriented site with a sideline in the AR platform and other miscellaneous gun interests.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember that post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more to it is that Bama posted “O well” in regards to a cop trying to shoot a dog, missing, and killing a woman.

That’s where it started.
I remember that post.

Don't worry. I have been informed by a carefully curated screenshot that he was replying to something innocuous despite not actually replying the post in question.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some of you learned the hard way that law enforcement will ALWAYS stick together.

If one defers, it hurts the majority. It's a hive mind kind of like congress, you will never see them vote themselves term limits, it hurts the majority, it hurts the hive, the hive MUST_BE_PROTECTED.
View Quote
It's more like a union than it is like congress.

Congress doesn't stick together worth shit. LE, on the other hand, have solidarity.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Congress doesn't stick together worth shit. LE, on the other hand, have solidarity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something about dental. Can't recall the details. Must be one hell of a plan.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't worry. I have been informed by a carefully curated screenshot that he was replying to something innocuous despite not actually replying the post in question.
View Quote
I think you misunderstood my post.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Body-cam-video-of-officer-trying-to-shoot-dog-attacking-him-and-hitting-woman-dog-owner-as-well/5-1732346/?page=1
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Something about dental. Can't recall the details. Must be one hell of a plan.
View Quote
Apparently they get their own personal hygienist.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep.  Just as I recalled it.  Seems to me that Bama wasn't concerned that a woman was dead because he considered her to be trash or something along those lines.

Shameful.

And he just banned someone for the same comment?

That's rich.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, the more to it was where he was warned in one thread(where he brought up the idea of posting it in a thread about a cop being killed specifically to stir shit up) that he was going to have a problem if he did so and then he turned right around and did it anyway.
View Quote
Sauce for the goose ......
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2262974_Officer-involved-shooting-in-Fort-Worth-leaves-1-dead-in-her-own-home.html

This thread.

We have some LEO and retired LEO members that think that murdering innocent civilians in their homes is good police work. krpind sided with the right of innocent American citizens to not be murdered in their homes by those in law enforcement.

View Quote
bUt HEr DOor WAs OPeN.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, the more to it was where he was warned in one thread(where he brought up the idea of posting it in a thread about a cop being killed specifically to stir shit up) that he was going to have a problem if he did so and then he turned right around and did it anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s where it started.
You are misunderstanding the way he specifically wants you to interpret those posts. It's a very specific and narrow way of thinking that forces you to ignore critical thought and logic. Key take away for you: Whatever the officer did is totally fine. Pick up that can.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep.  Just as I recalled it.  Seems to me that Bama wasn't concerned that a woman was dead because he considered her to be trash or something along those lines.

Shameful.

And he just banned someone for the same comment?

That's rich.
View Quote
Never been a fan of the guy, either. He's the king JBT around here, though and has been for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
bUt HEr DOor WAs OPeN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread.

bUt HEr DOor WAs OPeN.
sHe mAdE a FuRtIvE mOvEmEnT

tHe OfFiCeR wArNeD hEr
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Never been a fan of the guy, either. He's the king JBT around here, though and has been for a long time.
View Quote
I don't usually have a problem with him, and he is sometimes the voice of reason.  But that little episode was disgusting.  He should have been booted as a mod over that.

The idea that her death was irrelevant because she was trash ... Hell of an attitude for someone invested with power from the state.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

tHe OfFiCeR wArNeD hEr
View Quote
I dOn'T TelL U hOW tO dO YuR JOb, DO'nt TEll Me HoW tO DO MiNeZ.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't usually have a problem with him, and he is sometimes the voice of reason.  But that little episode was disgusting.  He should have been booted as a mod over that.

The idea that her death was irrelevant because she was trash ... Hell of an attitude for someone invested with power from the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been countless bans over the exact notion in red. Usually enforced swiftly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

tHe OfFiCeR wArNeD hEr
oH wElL
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There have been countless bans over the exact notion in red. Usually enforced swiftly.
View Quote
All animals are equal.  But some animals are more equal than others.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's getting harder to speak plainly here, and still be here.
View Quote
If you can't speak plainly here, what's the purpose of a membership?

A site that would ban you over asking reasonable questions and expressing an opinion isn't worth your time anyway. It doesn't deserve your support.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I was really hoping that GD could survive until the 2020 election but it doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I need to put a big ol thin blue line sticker on my car. The car is old, so it may appear to be trash to the eyes behind the mirrored aviators, and I don't want to get dusted through the rear windshield.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
SoMeOnE WeNt HoMe SaFe, tHaT's aLl tHat mAtTeRs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:12:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nah

While Bama shit the bed with that post, he has changed over the years.  Much, much more freedom and in the .gov face posts.

ETA: I once described him as a whore of the state

No way he fits that description now

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most folks can't handle power. They tend to abuse it. It will always be Us vs. Them mentality

Fucking clowns  
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
And that is the whole thing in one simple statement...
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you ever make it to Virginia I’ll buy you a beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's call it mutual.

I'm not mad and don't be mad for me.

That isn't what I signed up to do. Honestly, I have wanted to "retire" for a while and the timing just seemed right.

I'm proud of what I did here, but let's be honest, I didn't do shit anymore like I used to do. I won't be missed from an official standpoint. There are a lot of good moderators here that really want the best for the site. There are some that I could not disagree with more on just about every single issue, but I believe they want what is best for the site as well. We may not agree on what that is, but that is my belief.

Also the change in the site has nothing to do with the new owners. Trust me. I think they might actually have to force a change eventually, but time will tell on that I suppose.
If you ever make it to Virginia I’ll buy you a beer.
And Tennessee!  We lost a good one but congrats to you for getting out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:55:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Pweasenosteppy got banned s couple weeks ago for posting a video of some police chief supporting gun confiscation or something.  He stated that it was evidence that police were not pro 2A.  Got the ban for LE bashing with no CoC sited.  Thread was nuked so fast I don't think anyone else saw it.  Pretty soon this site will be mostly just LEO rename it brothers of the shield.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s where it started.
Oh, well.  Was the cop’s life more valuable than the woman’s?

I walked my dog today without a leash.
I drove 73mph in a 70 zone and made a turn without signaling.

Oh, does the “transgression” have to involve a firearm to be actionable or lock a thread down?  I drank a nice glass of Cabernet with dinner while armed.

I think this whole post is a total waste of site resources.  Do you agree?

Oh, well.  The Great Purge of 2019 continues...
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pweasenosteppy got banned s couple weeks ago for posting a video of some police chief supporting gun confiscation or something.  He stated that it was evidence that police were not pro 2A.  Got the ban for LE bashing with no CoC sited.  Thread was nuked so fast I don't think anyone else saw it.  Pretty soon this site will be mostly just LEO rename it brothers of the shield.
View Quote
Link + who banned him?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I mean she was playing a video game at 2:30am so....that may be problematic
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
We had a fucking president who was a communist. By that logic all the guys under his command were as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Isn’t that interesting...
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:07:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
ECHO ... Echo ... echo ... echo ... ec
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very strange that you thought that happened. Report for re-education.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:10:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:12:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well,  the repeated warnings for doing so were most likely a factor...
View Quote
So a dude posted a video, made a statement about it, some folks didn’t like it (perhaps they even warned the dude they didn’t like it a few times...) and the dude got roasted?

Is that about it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So a dude posted a video, made a statement about it, some folks didn’t like it and the dude got roasted?

Is that about it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well,  the repeated warnings for doing so were most likely a factor...
So a dude posted a video, made a statement about it, some folks didn’t like it and the dude got roasted?

Is that about it?
Thin blue line was crossed, brah.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:20:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
That video is making rounds on other forums.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The joke is on you.

I'm unteachable.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That video is making rounds on other forums.
View Quote
Are we allowed to post it here or is it an instaban?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Are we allowed to post it here or is it an instaban?
View Quote
The fact that this is a question on here...
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top