Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clinton committed a felony, remember?  He was also fined for contempt of court and had to surrender his law license.

Having said that, I don't think his crime met the definition of high crimes and misdemeanors.  In any case punishing Trump doesn't make sense because he had nothing to do with the impeachment, and punishing the GOP by impeaching Trump doesn't make sense because most of the GOP would love to be rid of Trump, provided somebody else takes all the blame.
View Quote
Pretty much my take. The attempted impeachment of Clinton was just to make him less effective and spread shit on the dems in general at the time. It was a giant smear campaign that just happened to have the wonderful but rare advantage of using true information. Even if they somehow got the votes he would have forced it to be reviewed and the SC would have pointed out that none of what he did was actually grounds for being impeached. Criminal maybe, unethical sure, scummy and grounds for disbarment, but not grounds for being impeached.

The Dems are trying to come up with something, anything, to smear Trump, but so far most of it has been turned around on them. The current Ukraine phone call is particularly amusing because they must have moved ahead with that strategy without having heard the call or seen the transcript. He basically blew them out of the water just by releasing the transcript and showing that not only was there nothing problematic for him, but it was yet another hit against a Dem. Talk about a gimme.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty much my take. The attempted impeachment of Clinton was just to make him less effective and spread shit on the dems in general at the time. It was a giant smear campaign that just happened to have the wonderful but rare advantage of using true information. Even if they somehow got the votes he would have forced it to be reviewed and the SC would have pointed out that none of what he did was actually grounds for being impeached. Criminal maybe, unethical sure, scummy and grounds for disbarment, but not grounds for being impeached.

The Dems are trying to come up with something, anything, to smear Trump, but so far most of it has been turned around on them. The current Ukraine phone call is particularly amusing because they must have moved ahead with that strategy without having heard the call or seen the transcript. He basically blew them out of the water just by releasing the transcript and showing that not only was there nothing problematic for him, but it was yet another hit against a Dem. Talk about a gimme.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Clinton committed a felony, remember?  He was also fined for contempt of court and had to surrender his law license.

Having said that, I don't think his crime met the definition of high crimes and misdemeanors.  In any case punishing Trump doesn't make sense because he had nothing to do with the impeachment, and punishing the GOP by impeaching Trump doesn't make sense because most of the GOP would love to be rid of Trump, provided somebody else takes all the blame.

Once the Senate votes to remove a president, there is no take backs or appeals.

The charge of perjury received 45 votes for removal.
The charge of obstruction received 50 votes for removal.

Clinton committed impeachable crimes and a legitimate process was carried out by the Republican house of reps to impeach him. The Senate ultimately decided that the crimes committed did not reach high enough for his removal but several senators believed it did.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No she doesn't. If she did they would already had the vote.
View Quote
Not if they were trying to draw it out to make the election harder on trump rather than leave him enough time to get through the impeachment process SB's then deal with the outcome.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Insert neck HERE!
Quoted:
Translation: Trump: "Here's some rope, I can give you more if you need it....."
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No she doesn’t. If she did they would already had the vote.
View Quote
She does and they will.  In July-August of next year.  She doesn't want to blow her wad before 11/20.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
If the house does impeach him, I can only imagine the death threats and bribes that will be issued to a bunch of republican senators.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What bothers me is that much of this Bovine Scatology is very reminiscent to me of what happened to Slick Willie.

People were calling for his impeachment before he took office.
Whitewater vs He's Not My President!

In the end I was feeling sorry for Slick Willie because it went from Prosecution to Persecution.
Something is very wrong when I start feeling sorry for somebody that doesn't deserve my sympathy, only my contempt.

How much of this is Democratic corruption and how much of this is payback for Clinton's Impeachment
View Quote
The only people who felt sorry for Bill were the people who didn't follow politics closely enough to know what he was doing to this country and no, I am not talking about fucking interns in the oval office.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope.  It isn't about officially impeaching Trump.

It's about doing it in the court of public opinion.

If it's official, it becomes a whole new ballgame.  Rs have subpoena power if it's official.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What bothers me is that much of this Bovine Scatology is very reminiscent to me of what happened to Slick Willie.

In the end I was feeling sorry for Slick Willie because it went from Prosecution to Persecution.
Something is very wrong when I start feeling sorry for somebody that doesn't deserve my sympathy, only my contempt.

How much of this is Democratic corruption and how much of this is payback for Clinton's Impeachment?
View Quote
I’ve thought that too from the very first cries of impeachment. It’s sad how badly politics has become so very childish.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Co-Equal is a bitch!
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If the house does impeach him, I can only imagine the death threats and bribes that will be issued to a bunch of republican senators.
View Quote
Screw that, get ready for mass suicide by potential witnesses before they can testify.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Which leads me to ask, if the impeachment gains no traction, what will the next step be for the dems to get rid of the president??
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Which leads me to ask, if the impeachment gains no traction, what will the next step be for the dems to get rid of the president??
View Quote
Intimidate his supporters with agitprop, gun control and violence.

Disobey.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So force the vote, get people on the record.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pelosi most likely has the votes for an impeachment, let alone an inquiry.
Exactly.  When it is time to put the rubber to the road, they are pussies.  Just like the Rinos that held Obamacare repeal votes for 2 years in the House knowing the Senate and Obama wouldn't go along.   When Trump won, and we had the first REAL opportunity to do it, they caved.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
She's waiting.  She wants this running wild in the news in the weeks before the election.

If they impeach now, it'll fall out of the news cycle and the average American will forget.

Doing it now would also give Trump time to refute the bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Its not about the votes, its about making the impeachment inquiry official so Republicans can subpoena witnesses.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Trump has more balls than the rest of the GOP put together.

I think the GOP has a secret sperm bank to get their wives pregnant with sperm from real men who look similar to them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How much of this is Democratic corruption and how much of this is payback for Clinton's Impeachment?
View Quote
The house then at least held a floor vote, allowing Clinton to have due process.

He clearly broke the law (perjured himself under oath) and was even disbarred for it.

What the dems are doing is truly a commie 'show trial'
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Exactly.  When it is time to put the rubber to the road, they are pussies.  Just like the Rinos that held Obamacare repeal votes for 2 years in the House knowing the Senate and Obama wouldn't go along.   When Trump won, and we had the first REAL opportunity to do it, they caved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone is an impeacher until it's time to do impeachment shit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think PeloSchi had any idea the war they just threatened against our country and it's going to backfire in a major way.

Soon.
View Quote
I don't know if it will.  There are a lot of people who support them.  There are a lot of people who will support them if they get paid enough.  There are quite a few who will support them if they think that's the way the wind is blowing.  It could be enough.  They're trying hard to make it enough.    The commies on the left live in their echo chamber enclaves where they think everyone who's reasonable thinks like them.   To a large extent the people on the right live in bigger enclaves with people who think like them.  I don't know how we make it through this peacefully.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think stalling helps their case with the middle. They will say put up or shut up, as we all should, and are.

People want the house getting shit done for them, not spending upwards of 4 years harassing the president.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Which I dont get. Their constituents want impeachment.
View Quote
There are Dems representing pro Trump districts.

Those Dems want a damn good reason for impeachment.

I think things have not unfolded to the Dem liking since this thing came up. I think they didn't expect Trump to release the phone call transcript. Also, they didn't have the transcript, only the whistle blower report. The actual transcript wasn't what they wanted. Also other facts coming out, Schiff's knowledge of this prior to the IG, the fact that the whistleblower is a Dem partisan, etc.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Let's get them on record who votes then.
View Quote
Correct.  Some 20-30 democrat reps are from districts trump won in 2016.  Making them go on record to vote for impeachment could make for serious lolz
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't think stalling helps their case with the middle. They will say put up or shut up, as we all should, and are.

People want the house getting shit done for them, not spending upwards of 4 years harassing the president.
View Quote
I agree. I think moving forward with this was a misstep that occurred because of the pressure to do this combined with the whistle blower complaint which made claims that are not in the actual call. Schiff and the whistle blower didn't have quite what they claimed. Then Trump released the transcript.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Translation: Trump: "Here's some rope, I can give you a great price on some more if you need it....."
View Quote
Fixed it for you. Rope ain't free. It comes with a cost
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not if they were trying to draw it out to make the election harder on trump rather than leave him enough time to get through the impeachment process SB's then deal with the outcome.
View Quote
With 13 months left until the election this is exactly what they will do, the dems will drag this out until right before the election.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She might.  But that's not the point.  The point is to get them on record so they are vulnerable in the upcoming election.

I'm beginning to think Trump is actually a master at this.
Not enough of them to matter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I get the feeling that the guy sleeps like a log at night. For most people, the stress would be crippling, but he truly doesn’t care.
View Quote
He is a Billionaire banging a hottie whenever he wants. Being POTUS is just a hobby for him.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

With 13 months left until the election this is exactly what they will do, the dems will drag this out until right before the election.
View Quote
I don't think that is what they want. They need to have a case that they can make look solid.

I think it is a fuck up for them, since they moved into these hearings, without seeing the transcripts first, and trusting the whistle blower. Now they are really trying to spin. Schiff's made up speech is an example. As is releasing the out of context text messages.

They don't have a solid case to present. That makes them look bad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Interesting times we live in
View Quote
Sure is.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Fighting these people is just like putting on a suit everyday for trump
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not enough of them to matter.
View Quote
I think it is more a matter of WHERE.

Dems have a LOT of people who are waiting to vote against Trump. Most in blue cities in blue states.

It is purple areas, and Trump areas with Dem representatives, that are key. That's where this push by Dems can hurt them. And at this point I think they took a miss step because they assumed the whistle blower statement would be solid, and that the transcript would support it or not be released.

You have a partisan whistle blower, who was digging up dirt on Trump people for Obama. He seems to have lied to the IG about communicating with Schiff. He communicated with Schiff first, which was then used for partisan advantage. Then the complaint doesn't match the transcript. Schiff gave his made up version of the phone call. Now Schiff is releasing out of context texts that are being debunked as the context comes out.

Yeah, the media is spinning. I'm not sure they can save the Dems from themselves, however.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Let's hope there are no Rino shenanigans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump don't give a fuck.
Its not about the votes, its about making the impeachment inquiry official so Republicans can subpoena witnesses.
Even the Rinos know that Trump is the only one who can beat the Democrats. Any Republican who votes to impeach Trump will not get re-elected.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Even the Rinos know that Trump is the only one who can beat the Democrats. Any Republican who votes to impeach Trump will not get re-elected.
View Quote
Living in California, my options are limited, but I plan on not voting for any incumbents.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
well being as Republican might as well be re-labeled Democrat I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't think that is what they want. They need to have a case that they can make look solid.

I think it is a fuck up for them, since they moved into these hearings, without seeing the transcripts first, and trusting the whistle blower. Now they are really trying to spin. Schiff's made up speech is an example. As is releasing the out of context text messages.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's interesting to speculate why.  Not long ago at all Pelosi was rational about impeachment.  Was it pressure from the socialist whackos in the party, or did Schiff convince her overselling his whistleblower?  It's funny they went full retard a day before the transcript being released, they must have thought they had something much better than they had.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I get the feeling that the guy sleeps like a log at night. For most people, the stress would be crippling, but he truly doesn’t care.
View Quote
It's not that he doesn't care. It's that he knows how it all ends because it's all going according to plan.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny, I don't remember it that way at all.
Hardcore conservatives didn't like Clinton, but I can't recall anyone calling for his impeachment before he took office, or screeching like Mad Maxine or the squad. (I was in my early 30's and politically aware)
I don't doubt that some of this is payback for the Clinton impeachment, though. Look at how it turned out for the Republicans...not well.
I heard more screeching from our side about Obama and his unconstitutional end runs, but the R's in congress were afraid to do anything for fear of being called racist.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Clinton was payback for Nixon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's interesting to speculate why.  Not long ago at all Pelosi was rational about impeachment.  Was it pressure from the socialist whackos in the party, or did Schiff convince her overselling his whistleblower?  It's funny they went full retard a day before the transcript being released, they must have thought they had something much better than they had.
View Quote
Pelosi is just as involved in the Ukraine as Joe Biden. She is very sensitive on this issue. Her son was also a board member of a gas company there. Her family stole from the taxpayers.

The whistleblower complaint was pre planned immediately after Trump talked to the newly elected Ukraine president. It spooked them bigly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Trying, no make that, giving  them more rope.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top