Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
This a troll?

Edit: Page 5 ownage.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't tell us who requested the info?

Pardon me while I go put on my skeptical pants.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BTW:  This is a perfect subject to throw a couple of hand grenades into the room then run out of.  
View Quote
Right? They doing the Staff huddle RFN instead of before posting this so they could actually respond and tell use all WHAT THE FUCK is going on!?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We received an official email from a .gov agency (sorry, I can't say which)
View Quote
Not can't, won't. It is 100% false that you cannot say which agency contacted you. You choose not to, if indeed it is the case.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You paid your taxes on any winnings from the annual Arfcom Giveaway, right?

That counts as income.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad I've never participated in one of the group buys.
You paid your taxes on any winnings from the annual Arfcom Giveaway, right?

That counts as income.
Haven’t won a damn thing. I’m good.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BTW:  This is a perfect subject to throw a couple of hand grenades into the room then run out of.  
View Quote
You can go to the OP's user info page and leave feedback.

https://www.ar15.com/lib/modules/buildFeedbackModal.html?u=174335
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uhh--hate to get like, LAWYER like and stuff but..

1. No subpoena, they can fuck themselves.

2.  Unless said subpeona SPECIFICALLY said you cannot disclose the agency involved, then under Public Records laws in every state I am aware of, and under FOIA, then you CAN disclose said agency.

3.  If the subpoena HAD a "Shut up who it is clause", then you SHOULD be afforded a right to challenge the non-disclosure.

This whole sounds fucky, and I do this for a living.....

I pay to enjoy this website because I deal with fuckwits, addicts, and liars ALL DAY LONG; this website was for general enjoyment and to talk gun stuff.  You disclose MY personal info absent a subpoena that I as an aggrieved party have a right to challenge, and we are going to have a problem.
View Quote
Now it's getting good
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Right? They doing the Staff huddle RFN instead of before posting this so they could actually respond and tell use all WHAT THE FUCK is going on!?
View Quote
Yea, where’s the rest of the group of staffers, mods and admin ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what positive things have happened since the brownells buy?
View Quote
Well, now they have their link at the top of every Arfcom page! It's great, for when you want to shop Brownells....
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

2.  Unless said subpeona SPECIFICALLY said you cannot disclose the agency involved, then under Public Records laws in every state I am aware of, and under FOIA, then you CAN disclose said agency.

3.  If the subpoena HAD a "Shut up who it is clause", then you SHOULD be afforded a right to challenge the non-disclosure.

I pay to enjoy this website because I deal with fuckwits, addicts, and liars ALL DAY LONG; this website was for general enjoyment and to talk gun stuff.  You disclose MY personal info absent a subpoena that I as an aggrieved party have a right to challenge, and we are going to have a problem.
View Quote
This guy knows some stuff. I also know some things.

Seems very fishy.

A gov’t agency can certainly subpoena such info, and arfcom must comply and provide the info, and the gov can certainly have a Judge signed non-disclosure order attached. But Federal LE agencies generally don’t send out official “don’t do that” emails.

Plus, what a chicken shit explanation. A group of folks getting together to buy stuff, MIGHT not pay state sales tax, so no more group buys??? Might as well shut down all of the EE, because some guy MIGHT buy a gun and shoot someone.

That’s either the most bored Federal Agent in the country stirring up shit to look like he’s doing work, or there’s more to the story. Or someone is being dishonest.

Seems like if this is true, arfcom should lawyer up and fight it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yea, where’s the rest of the group of staffers, mods and admin ?
View Quote
D_J is the only one that interacts with the peons didn't you know?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The agency's family asked for privacy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#15]
In for the shit show this will turn into!
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Franchise Tax Board got to you, huh?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#17]
In on 5
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I suppose that, technically, a "Class Action Lawsuit" is a type of Group Buy.

Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Class action?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class action?  
Group buy

ETA beat ??
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]
lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#21]
They bent the knee twice, now it's all gargling the balls from here on
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Government ruins everything.
View Quote
This is just one of life's simple nuggets of wisdom that it deserves repeating.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#23]
What if we say we're all handicapped and instead of "group buy", we call it a "purchase assist group"?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ll hire you to represent me.

What is your retainer? Not even kidding.

My company lawyers would probably look at me cross eyed if I tried to explain this to them. I can give you my references.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What if we say we're all handicapped and instead of "group buy", we call it a "purchase assist group"?
View Quote
What if the group self identifies as heard?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
@dmb4765 ......... OUT-FUCKING-STANDING
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, this is really a fishy situation; I'm betting it was Glorious Comrade Brownells's decision to shut it down, and NOT actually a .gov...

Dear Arfcom: I really don't care if you change the site, even drastically so; but don't lie to us...
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Talk about drive by posting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Well whoever gets their PM first, post up which agency doesn't want us to know that they are looking into us?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#31]
... Weird post is weird
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#32]
next thing arf is going to do is send any pic with a pistol brace to the ATF.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This a troll?

Edit: Page 5 ownage.
View Quote
Not on an edit it's not!
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well whoever gets their PM first, post up which agency doesn't want us to know that they are looking into us?
View Quote
I don't want to catch a ban.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My company lawyers would probably look at me cross eyed if I tried to explain this to them. I can give you my references.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Snap!
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We had to give a record of all the sales and participants, so you'll receive an IM if you are affected.  If you don't receive one by Friday, you are unaffected.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Why isn't there some other site staff here actually explaining what's happening?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that what was edited earlier?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you got the IM but it says to keep everything secret?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
At this point.....nvm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why isn't there some other site staff here actually explaining what's happening?
View Quote
Maybe they don't know anything?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yeah, this is really a fishy situation; I'm betting it was Glorious Comrade Brownells's decision to shut it down, and NOT actually a .gov...

Dear Arfcom: I really don't care if you change the site, even drastically so; but don't lie to us...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would seem a more simple "Hey guys, the Group Buy forum doesn't get much traffic anymore and we have decided that moderation of the forum isn't worth the time.  We are officially closing it down."

This thread...if a troll thread as I can only believe it is, seems quite...odd.  It is a troll thread, right?  What was the other "troll thread" that one of the site staff or mods made a couple years back that caused quite the commotion?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#45]
They couldn't try to make it look like Brownells is causing all these changes more if they tried.

WTF.  I can't imagine old arfcom will remain much longer with things like this going down every week, and even daily it seems.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#46]
a .gov agency request this? you sure?....they don't get anonymity like that, doesn't work that way
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
next thing arf is going to do is send any pic with a pistol brace to the ATF.
View Quote
Entirely the reason I don't photograph any of my firearms, or post them to the wide open internets....

Last thing imma do is trust Brownells with that kind of info...
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are all sitting in the Yugo giving each other handy listening to Adele Live in London.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll hire you to represent me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll hire you to represent me.

I'm in .............
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
There won't be much to come back to after this shit show.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top