BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same here. Last week they called and asked if I attempted a $6,900.00 charge at a jewelry store, 18 minutes earlier, then 9 minutes later, an attempt at $4,800.00 at an online shop. Both attempts were declined. AmEx mailed out a new card a couple days later.
View Quote
You guys get your credit cards hacked by some real High Rollers.

My last two times were for a $300 Walmart purchase and an on-line order for some place that sold plastic kitchen and bathroom stuff like garbage cans and toothbrush holders.

Even criminals don't give me any respect.

Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Set up auto alerts that text or email for every charge. You can set the $$ amount for the alert.
View Quote
Yup, I have my dollar amount at 1 dollar so every charge appears on my Apple watch and iPhone.  No more not knowing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn near everyone's personal info (social, date of birth, address) is available to thieves if they want to pay for it.  There has been so many security breaches at large corporations and government agencies.   You can limit your chances of credit card fraud and identity theft but I doubt you can 100 percent stop it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NO With a credit card you're not out any money, with a debit card you're arguing to get your money back. See the huge difference?
View Quote
No argument needed, coverage is the same...

From Visa:
Visa's Zero Liability* Policy is our guarantee that you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You're protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.

https://www.visa.com/chip/personal/security/zero-liability.jsp
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here's a fucked up CC fraud story for you.

Had a card of mine used for a hair place in CA. Called, had it shut off, they sent a new card.

A little while later, same shit, same place. New card on the way.

While the new card was in route, same shit hapoened. Before I even got the fucking card. Same place and all.

Called, explained everything, they were supposed to take care of it. New card sent.

Everything was fine for a while, then same shit, same place.

Called and bitched. Somehow, Capital One can't stop Mastercard from automatically updating the card info with some hair place in CA even though they are using a diff name, etc. Capital One sends a new card, Mastercard auto updates the hair place in CA with the new card number.

What a fuckimg mess. Locked old card, new card issued as a secondary card on the account because that shouldn't update to the hair place.
View Quote
This is similar to what is going on with my card, it’s a card I probably have not used in a year. Charge comes up for iTunes, it’s not actually iTines, somehow I can figure this out from the details but the CC company can’t.

Card canceled, issued new number, didn’t activate the new card. Two charges from “iTunes” this month. It’s a MasterCard, they can’t stop the card from updating with the fraudulent merchant. They say I can call a number and they can specifically block a merchant. I still don’t think they understood it’s not really iTunes. I’m just going to cancel the card.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Set up auto alerts that text or email for every charge. You can set the $$ amount for the alert.
View Quote
Holy cow this.   How the hell does it take 3 days to figure out they got your card number.  As soon as an online charge posts or a charge of > $100 hits mine I would know and shut my card off in the app.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
My credit card  was , let's just say  " compromised " by/at one of the companies that advertises on this site.

I don't make this statement lightly because I have proof  .  It was just luck that I caught it before any more damage could be done .  Within an hour .

2 flights to Los Angles from South Carolina .  As fortune would have it I have a relative working for the particular airline involved and I traced the travel agency that was also duped .  Both took the fraud seriously .

Enough information was gathered to absolutely identify the individual(s) involved .

Will never use my regular CC on line again .   Will use prepaid instead.

The CC company seemed to just not give 2 cents about it .

gd
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I had it happen multiple times on the same card.  They would FedEx a new card to me overnight and within hours of activation there would be Uber charges.  I had never even left the house.

I called them and suggested that maybe they had an in-house problem.  They said no, they knew what the issue was, sort of implied it was at FedEx.  I haven't had a problem since.  That was Capital One.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think that leaving her shit in the front yard would have been better. Hell, you live in West Virginia, it's not like the neighbors would have cared. Half you neighbors probably keep all their best shit in the front yard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blue Nile sells online diamonds.  I know that because once upon a time I had a girlfriend who dropped hints like leaving the Blue Nile website open.

Then I dropped hints that I disagreed by putting all her shit in a storage unit and changing the locks when she went to her parents' house one weekend.
That's a great hint
You don't think I was too subtle, do you?
I think that leaving her shit in the front yard would have been better. Hell, you live in West Virginia, it's not like the neighbors would have cared. Half you neighbors probably keep all their best shit in the front yard.
"That there is my lawn Camaro. Not my fixin camaro, not my drivin camaro. My lawn camaro. Ima get it runnin one of these days. Just need to pull the engine from the van on the side yard."
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Anything over $100 I get an email confirmation...
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Apparently, whoever got my CC number was stupid enough to call in and change my address and a bunch of other shit on my account. So, at a minimum, the last four digits of my SS number and my Mother's maiden name are compromised as well.
View Quote
My entire life history and all my PII was compromised in the OPM security clearance data breach.

Life goes on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone stole my wife's card information at her work. Whoever it was spent $181 through door dash buying food. I think I know who did it and we filed a police report yesterday. The charges are at places where the wife eats so she didn't catch the charges until a couple of days ago. On 2 of the charges it was for a Mexican place that we eat at a lot and the manager gave us contact info for their IT guy because there will be a name associated with the orders.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Be careful how you pay your CC bills too. Don't use the outside mailboxes, go inside of the post office to mail bills or pay with an electronic payment/bill type system.

I had my card number taken a few years ago and I couldn't figure out how they got the number. Then someone on Nextdoor reported a van at my nearby post office pulling letters out of the outside mailbox with a wire + sticky tape. The van took off when they saw the person, only a description of the van, no plate visible.

I know it was that type of credit card/ID theft that got me, the credit card company never received my payment for that month.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hope it it’s a credit card and not a debit card.
View Quote
Why?  My Chase debit has been hacked multiple times.  I have never been out a dollar after calling them.  I have my alerts set at $10.  Any charge I see to it I don't recognize I call and they cancel the card and credit my account.  Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone stole my wife's card information at her work. Whoever it was spent $181 through door dash buying food. I think I know who did it and we filed a police report yesterday. The charges are at places where the wife eats so she didn't catch the charges until a couple of days ago. On 2 of the charges it was for a Mexican place that we eat at a lot and the manager gave us contact info for their IT guy because there will be a name associated with the orders.
View Quote
But as mentioned earlier have every charge notify your phones/watches and you'll know immediately f it wasn't one of you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top