Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2001 9:30:22 AM EDT
Woke up yesterday morning to a gorgeous sun shiny day. Look to be mid 80's here in the DFW area. Company was having a golf outing/BBQ and I have a chance to meet some people. I was in good spirits. Do my triple S(Sh*t, Shower and Shave for you none mil types) Out the door I go to get coffee, paper, and just enjoy the morning outside. Ooops need to buy some golf balls but don't want pay club prices. Gonna bre a great day [:D] I get on the freeway. Singing, radio blasting. I change lane, as I am doing so I catch a glimpse of an object on the lane I am coming into. All of a sudden I here [b]BANG!!![/b] Next thing I know, I am spinning on the freeway, 2 1/2 times, I beleive. I end up perpendicular to traffic. Luckily traffic was thin at 08:00 on a Saturday. So I slam the car in reverse, I figure better broken trani than a broken lordtrader. Reverse to the emergency lane near the slow lane and catch my breath. No longer than 10secs after I do that traffic starts whizzing by. I catch my breath, see if I had any noticeable bodily functions, I had none. Then I nurse my car off the fwy. I park in a mall parking lot and see this:

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/wX/ue/46/9n97616.jpg[/img]

Put on spare. Go to the nearest Goodyear retailer. The rim is bent and you can see a part of it is shaved off. The cost: $119 for the tire and $175 for the rim. Will take 2 days for the rim to get ordered. So in the mean time I am riding on a spare.

OK, now I'm a lil down. So I go to the golf outing anyways. Have some fun and forget about it. Then it hits me all the f*cking pollen and crap on the course and my nose is stuffed up and did not enjoy the day at all. I have never had allergies in my entire life. When I got to TX they told me I would get allergies, but I did not believe em. Guess the joke's on me. So Monday I get to call a doctor to get tested to what I'm allergic to.

I end off the night talking to this hottie thinking I could get some, only to see her boyfriend walk into the bar 2hrs later. She did not once mention a boyfriend in our conversation until he walked in.

[b]Saturday was a day in hell for me[/b]

So today, Sunday, all I am doing is calling mom and wish her a happy mothers day. Then locking myself in the house and post, as well as watch TV. Then I get to look forward going to my sucky job tomorrow. At least I have a bottle of merlot and a case of Sam Adams Summer Brew in the house.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#2]
so what caused that, andwhat location was it in yore car?

indications are that it was front passenger, if so lucky you didnt roll it. glad you're here to tell us about it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like fun.

Goodyear made you pay for the tire?
Didn’t they come with a road hazard warrantee?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I shoulda gone shooting instead. I don't know what caused as I was about 75yds away from the point of impact. this was the front passenger tire. I was changing lanes to my left(lane next to the fast lane) I fugure I was going about 70mph. No, road hazard on this tire unfortunately. This was the tire that came with the car. I have to see if Chevy will re-imburse me. That's why I took a pic.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow!  Tire REALLY blew... thank goodness you're okay.  [:D]

For allergies, get Allegra.  I didn't even know I had allergies until my doctor gave me Allegra hoping it would help clear up some water in my ear.  Amazing how well I can breathe now.

The girl?  Always ask.. [i]always[/i].. I'll be the first to admit I'm a big flirt when I'm out, even when I was married.  But I knew there were certain lines that wouldn't be crossed and I was always upfront about it.  Some women won't be.. they enjoy the attention.  ::shrug::

Hey... and Summer Brew is always good company!  Cheers!! [beer]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:
The girl?  Always ask.. [i]always[/i].. I'll be the first to admit I'm a big flirt when I'm out, even when I was married.  But I knew there were certain lines that wouldn't be crossed and I was always upfront about it.  Some women won't be.. they enjoy the attention.  ::shrug::

Hey... and Summer Brew is always good company!  Cheers!! [beer]
View Quote

I guess its an inherit factor with men to just assume and don't bother asking. Why do you think we never ask for directions [;)] Summer Brew is the bomb. Just opened the first one. Having it with my left over Popeye's chicken.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I think you need a dog, too.... great chick magnets and they're great companions for when you're experiencing a dearth of bootie call nights... [;)]

You have to try Blue Moon, too.  It's a Belgian Wheat ale that is fantastic.. it's a small division of the Coor's company.

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I think you need a dog, too.... great chick magnets and they're great companions for when you're experiencing a dearth of bootie call nights... [;)]

View Quote

Ya know I would love to have a dog, but I live in a 750sq.ft. apt. and am gone for the most part of the day. That would be kinda mean to leave a dog confined for that long. Maybe once I buy a house with a back yard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW anyone know if traveling on spare tire for 2 days, going 60mile a day, is a good idea. I will probably just take the side streets to work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I do have one of them "donut" spare tires. I have 55's up front and 50's in the back. Having the spare on make the car pull to the right. I wonder if its gonna ruin the alignment if I drive around for 2 days like that. Maybe I should rent a car.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You didn't hear the gunshot?

Hmmm, maybe a .308?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I do have one of them "donut" spare tires. I have 55's up front and 50's in the back. Having the spare on make the car pull to the right. I wonder if its gonna ruin the alignment if I drive around for 2 days like that. Maybe I should rent a car.
View Quote

I was going to say, If your car is front wheel drive, make sure you don't ride with the spare up front.

You might have an accident. [:D]

Glad you are ok. Good job keeping control of the vehicle and your bodily functions.

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hmmm, maybe a .308?
View Quote

Looks more like a .50 BMG

thought CA road rage was bad [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Weird stuff like this always happens to me...

Usually, around a full moon....
or on a Monday....
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#16]
LordTrader, do I detect a z28???

I have a black 95 Z28 with 17" LT1 chrome wheel.

I LOVE that car!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I LOVE that car!
View Quote

You got it. Mine is a 98. Had an 85 IROC before this one, put 200K+ miles on that puppy. Only one major repair; the emmission computer went out and cost me $700+. A lot of people get on Chevy's but I love em. I have 31400 miles on this one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#18]
OK everyone let's start a pep rally for LT.  It might be just me but everything he writes lately has a pesimistic tone to it.  Hey LT...don't feel to bad...at least the women will talk with you unlike Imbroglio!!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey LT...don't feel to bad...at least the women will talk with you unlike Imbroglio!!!!!  
View Quote

LOL [:D] LOL, Yeah at least I do have that. Thanx man. LOL
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I LOVE that car!
View Quote

You got it. Mine is a 98. Had an 85 IROC before this one, put 200K+ miles on that puppy. Only one major repair; the emmission computer went out and cost me $700+. A lot of people get on Chevy's but I love em. I have 31400 miles on this one.
View Quote

VERY nice!  I want to upgrade, but I've put a lot of money into my baby, so I'll keep it for a while.

Borla exhaust, SS style hood with ramjet intake, RK sport body kit, RK springs and strut bars, and a couple other hidden 'suprises'![;)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm, maybe a .308?
View Quote

Looks more like a .50 BMG

thought CA road rage was bad [:D]
View Quote

Did you read that thread about shooting at a car rotor?  Hmmm?

It’s one of [i] our[/i] people in Texas!

[i][b]And he/she shoots low and left![/b][/i]  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey TacGirl how do you like them Borla's. I have flow masters on right now, but would like to put Borla's on. Just can't justify the cost. I have seen em on a few SS' and they sound great.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad you're OK. Good thing it didn't happen to you in an SUV or other high profile vehicle  (like my truck). Ouch!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey TacGirl how do you like them Borla's. I have flow masters on right now, but would like to put Borla's on. Just can't justify the cost. I have seen em on a few SS' and they sound great.
View Quote

They do sound beautiful!  Makes the 'Stang guys pee themselves in fear.[;)]

They are expensive, but the gain in HP was very noticeable and made it worth the cost
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#26]
$$$ @#&!"
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]
lordtrader, just think - you've got your first Texas Traffic Tale that you can regale your family and friends with for a pretty good time.

Jes' be thankful that you weren't forced to leave your automobile on LBJ Freeway for any period of time. You'd be lucky to still have it sitting there any more than an hour after the accident. Pirates would probably get to it before the DPS would.

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#28]

You have to try Blue Moon, too.  It's a Belgian Wheat ale that is fantastic.. it's a small division of the Coor's company.

View Quote

Blue Moon's chief brewer has a Ph.D in brewing, if you can belive that.  Try their Belgian White Beer and you will!  It's excellent, the best American version I've ever tasted.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:52:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
lordtrader, just think - you've got your first Jes' be thankful that you weren't forced to leave your automobile on LBJ Freeway for any period of time. You'd be lucky to still have it sitting there any more than an hour after the accident. Pirates would probably get to it before the DPS would.

Eric The Hun
View Quote

I would never leave my car somewhere broke down. I made sure I got roadside assistance on it. Even if it is an extra cost its worth IMO. currently I have it with GM through the warranty. I will soon transfer that to my insurance Allstate. better safe than sorry I say [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Well folks got back this afternoon from the Goodyear store. They tested the rim and it was salvageable. It holds a bead. It was balanced and not warped. Aside from aesthetic part of it was all good. So I opted not to buy a new one. The tire still cost me though. The alignment was waaaayyyy off so that set me back as well.  My baby is back together. So I took her out on the very same spot that I blew the tire on, and drove right on thru. Get right back on the saddle so to speak.

Boy, You know you're in TX when the local Goodyear tire store has Handgun Digest, Outdoor Life, and Guns and Ammo on the magazine rack. And it is well read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top