Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Liberals are fucking assholes!

Are you black?  We'll give you money (reperations) just vote for me.

Are you in college?  We'll give you money just vote for me

What's next?

Thinking about chopping your dick off to become a woman?  We'll give you money just vote for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh huh.

And then the next batch of irresponsible idiots are going to ask where their handout is, and so on and so on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a more realistic approach would be a government program to allow consolidatation of all existing student loan debts into a 0% loan. Discharging/forgiving the interest of existing loans is a lot more reasonable.

The new consolidated loan would be federal and not dischargable under bankrupcy. Any missed or partial payments incur a %APR penalty on the remaining balance. A long period without missed or partial payments can reduce the %APR penalties back to 0%.

Furthermore, the bill should limit tuition rate increases for any university that acccepts federal subsidies and student grants. The rate of tuition inflation is absurd.

Finally, something should be in there to encourage the use of vocational and trade schools. I’ll bet 75% of the people with degrees don’t actually need them to do their jobs. They would have been money ahead with no loan debt and 6 months of on the job training. Imagine putting all those student loan payments into a 401k that early in your career instead of paying back banks... you’d have $100,000’s more when you retire.
View Quote
The problem with student loans has nothing to do with there being too little federal intervention already.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, screw over all the responsible people.

Seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Except that wipe-out student debt will be replaced with debt from cars, mortgages, personal loans, etc. What's to stop them from going into debt again?
View Quote
You are correct. I would happily trade my student loan payment for a car payment on something with a warranty.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#6]
What about those who already paid them off? How about a tax credit or something? This country is fucked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Liberals spending other people's money.  I wonder how much of her own fortune she's willing to kick in?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So are we going to give the former students who worked, and paid for their school $50K each?
View Quote
Nope. Yuse a sucka.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The return of the Free Shit Army is guaranteed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Can I get a refund on my student loan?

'Cause like a schmuck, I paid it off.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Must be nice to have unlimited tax payer money to play with
View Quote
Short the banks.

Also nice see they capped the reimbursement to those who have less than 100K household income.
Why would they want to incentivize earning more or earning a degree that results in decent pay?
If they do a forgiveness, it should have a requirement of a minimum individual income of 100K plus.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don’t forget about us mortgage holders! ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can we add auto loan debt forgiveness in there too, cause im sick of paying my truck payment. Kthx
Don’t forget about us mortgage holders! ...
Hell yea !!! Where is my mortgage forgiveness ? So how much money could they literally put in every Americans hand for what this will cost.  Money ....money everywhere
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Then they'll all go broke because of the 50K jump in income one year due to loan forgiveness.

Millennial hookers will be cheap that year!
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#15]
More Pandering for votes.

If they pass this, do they continue to pay for the incoming students college?
How is this sustainable?
Now kids will go to the most expensive school they can, since its "Free", I'm sure colleges will raise rates since the govt is paying for it.
UP and Up...

Don't worry we'll just pass/increase more taxes...
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I will become a student and borrow $40,000 and buy machine guns.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Sucks for us.  We make just over 100k.  Not that we need it.... We budget well and about have our loans paid off but it stings to see moochers get rewarded for bad decisions.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry but this country needs a Purge.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The shitty thing is even if it passed, out household income is just a tiny bit too high to qualify, like less than 10%.  So we're fucked paying back everyone else's student debt on top of my wife's .
View Quote
Or it would have been, had we not split up just before the law passed.  It was nice that my cousin had a couch I could sleep on.  After a lot of self reflection and prayer, we were able to reconcile just after the start of the new fiscal year.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will become a student and borrow $40,000 and buy machine guns.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#21]
A Democrat offering “free” shit for votes. What a new and novel idea! Wow!
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure the millennials will shriek in righteous indignation over this outrageous theft of personal wealth via redistribution  just like they shriek in anguish over social security.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I paid all my student loans off  - made sure I did so as quickly as it made sense to do so. I also got a useful degree (computer science) and was able to find work.

I have zero sympathy for anyone with a useless major that is in debt and can't find work.

I'd like to see employability as a requirement for getting a loan to pay for school. Women's studies? Sorry, there's probably 100 jobs in the US where that would be a requirement. Pay for it out of pocket. Mechanical Engineering? sign here. HVAC or Welding? sign here. Art History? sorry.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Awww fuck it, why not. Just do it already. you bloodsuckers in DC are going to ruin this fucking country anyway so let's just hurry up and get it over with. I'm getting tired of the fight anyways..

All they want is fucking votes from low-information retards that can't think for them fucking selves much less run a goddamn calculator...  If they really were serious about fixing it, they'd make student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy. That would make it 0 cost the government. Yeah, I'm sure some of the billion-dollar universities bank accounts will get hammered like a motherfuker...... Welp.... too bad... y'all shitty shity loans. Not being dischargeable in bankruptcy is what's fucking ran the rate up on the cost of education. It's completely distorted and it's moving at nearly a double rate of standard inflation.

That would fix all this bullshit in about a week.......  but they're not actually interested in fixing things.

ETA, life is like a year away from having her is completely paid..... Only took her into her forties......
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm sure the millennials will shriek in righteous indignation over this outrageous theft of personal wealth via redistribution  just like they shriek in anguish over social security.
View Quote
This millennial calls bullshit on both. Then again if you reduced federal spending/scope by 10% a year I'd probably be dead before I thought it went too far.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So are we going to give the former students who worked, and paid for their school $50K each?
View Quote
no, because fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This crap is gonna draw in a LOT of young and broke Dem voters in 2020. and that isn't good.

Throw in "reparations," and the mob will really be champing at the bit to take the helm.
View Quote
that's the entire point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe instead of forgiving debt the gov should create a mandatory class for high-schoolers which covers...

How student loans and interest works
What fields of study and and associated employment afterwards pays (ie return on investment)
Trade jobs and apprenticeship that don't require a degree and what they pay
And more...

The class will be required at least 1 year in advance before they can apply for a loan.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Once the other Democrats see how popular this idea is, they'll all be supporting this. Get ready for everyone under 35 with student loan debt to be on the dem train in 2020.

What's Trump going to run on? Building the wall that will never get built?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#30]
That's a lot of marginal education value.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, Who needs personal responsibility.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I think we should just defund leftist universities entirely. Declare the college debt crisis an illegal  scam and charge universities with educational discrimination, lol. Burn it to the ground.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Curious- if a tuition loan debt is cancelled, can the college cancel the degree too?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope and it would only be fair
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Only $640,000,000,000?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#36]
When robbing Peter to pay Paul you can always count on Paul's vote.

but will it get you the party's nomination...

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Must be nice to have unlimited tax payer money to play with
View Quote
Their strategy is always the same - Tax the rich until there aren't any more actual rich people left to tax, then re-define everyone as rich.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well it's only a one time cost.
View Quote
Yeah, like those toll booths that come down right after the road is paid for.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe instead of forgiving debt the gov should create a mandatory class for high-schoolers which covers...

How student loans and interest works
What fields of study and and associated employment afterwards pays (ie return on investment)
Trade jobs and apprenticeship that don't require a degree and what they pay
And more...

The class will be required at least 1 year in advance before they can apply for a loan.
View Quote
The guidance counselors would lose their fucking minds.

The part of their annual eval that says 87.87% of your HS clients went on to college would look different, as would their compensation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#40]
If that cunt makes it, I want a REFUND of every fuqqing penny I paid on MY PAID-OFF student loans...bitch.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Since she's proposing eliminating $50k, I wouldn't recommend it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
quick, can you take out a Half million in loans for a PhD? Asking for a friend.
Since she's proposing eliminating $50k, I wouldn't recommend it.
You can't really blame him, American reading comprehension isn't strong. Hence why so many wind up with a worthless degree and want a bailout.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mortgage forgiveness now!

I want a free house! Housing is a human right!
View Quote
And credit card debt!
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well it's only a one time cost.
Shhhhhh, you'll ruin it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Does that include people that lied about Indian heritage to get a job that makes over 100 grand a year ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#46]

All you can do is laugh anymore. We've got front row seats to the death of America once these folks get in power.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would we reward responsible behavior? That's not how it works here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Curious- if a tuition loan debt is cancelled, can the college cancel the degree too?
View Quote
Should be, but colleges are all in on this as they can keep pushing snowflakes through their diploma mills and collect that sweet cash no matter what, due to no default on ed loans.

I thought there was a proposal to make colleges responsible for the debt, but I doubt that would go far.

This is a double FU to any conservative/constitutionalist - the irresponsible get their debt wiped, while the responsible get the tax bill, plus since college salaries (mostly admin these days) contribute all their money to Democrats and other commies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Vote buying should be illegal, oh wait, it is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#50]
50k hell yeah. Fuck the debt clock, my Masters won't cost me a dime.
Page / 7
Top Top